Fairfield Medical Center Employee Reviews

One of the best places to work. Great workplace culture
Director of Quality Division (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 15, 2018
The work environment at FMC was great. I had great staff and colleagues. The culture at FMC is that of compassion, hard work and high integrity. The people made up FMC. Great place to work.
Extremely busy with some typical issues found in turnover
Nutrition Services Cook/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OH 43130January 13, 2018
It is a busy environment with many days of being short staffed. I have learned a large portion of nutrition information pertaining to patients. The management team of my department has been very unbalanced and needs some serious review. I think that it would be best to hire within in order to eliminate the issue of management not having an understanding of what those within their department do. The hardest part of the job is working short on a regular basis with no real support from management team. The most enjoyable part of working for this organization are the people that are worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
PTO time can be easily achieved with time put in
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Not worth the stress
CMA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 20, 2017
Clique environment. A lot of politics and they move you to different offices to help and then fire you for doing your job. It is really not worth the stress
Pros
Cons
management
Great place to work with many opportunities
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 19, 2017
I would still be working for this company if our positions were not coming to an end. I have been there for 18 years and have always been satisfied with this company. They offer education advancement within the company
Pros
Great pay and reasonable benefits
FMC was a challenging place to work.
perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHNovember 30, 2017
Upper management consistently made poor decisions that grossly affected patient care and the financial health of the hospital. The employees also suffered as a result of these decisions.
Family
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 16, 2017
I organize and plan the interventional radiologist schedule throughout the day. I communicate with just about levels and modalities in the hospital to do this. Prioritizing and interaction with all personnel necessary is essential. I also perform intra procedural sedation and monitoring and recovery. Very challenging job.
A wonderful place that cares about its employees
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 13, 2017
The staff is always friendly and approachable. Culture is warm and inviting. There is an open communication between management and its employees. It is a great place to work at.
Workplace culture
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 12, 2017
No matter what department you work in whether it is housekeeping or you are the CEO of the hospital everyone is treated the same. You can always walk down any hallway and see a familiar face and know that they will at least acknowledge you and say hi. Most if not all employees of the hospital go above and beyond to not only provide exceptional care but also to help their coworkers do the same.
Cut throat
ICU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Poor management style and very disorganized, short staffing, rarely received required breaks, ridiculous tattoo policy, no room for career advancement.
Pros
Cons
stated above
all about culture but not followed
PTA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 20, 2017
My manager was terrific
CEO and HR are a lot of talk
Vacation time is great.
Insurance is not good and is expensive
Most co workers are really great
No incentive not to miss work
Pros
vacation pay great
Cons
insurance
Love working at FMC.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 18, 2017
FMC is a good place to work. The culture is compassionate and welcoming. Management cares about the patients and the employees. The best part of the job is being able to help the patients with clinical and financial concerns.
Friendly environment.
Supervisor, Quality Excellence (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 9, 2017
This organization is not affiliated with other health care systems and desires to remain independent. Being a small hospital provides enormous value to the community. Staff are very friendly and have worked at this hospital many years. Many managers have worked their way up, while others have come from larger health systems. Workplace culture is established around the Disney Institute. The most enjoyable part of working at FMC is the kind hearted people who work there.
Pros
Friendly people
a typical day at work.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 2, 2017
we would work with 2 STNA on unit of 36 patients. I learned to put foleys in. if you went to management with a problem it would not get solved. It was a very loud and busy place to work.
Pros
ins and pay
Cons
short breaks
I worked here as A PCA
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 24, 2017
I worked here as a PCA it was a fun and fast paced work environment. I only left because they were unable to accommodate my school scheduled. Lots of fun people to work with though
great people
STAFF REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 10, 2017
sometimes the work load was overwhelming. i learned a great deal of iv, critical skills, cardiac, and much more there. i enjoyed making people feel better. the worst thing about fmc was the health insurance. they didn't hardly cover and if they did it took forever to get them to approve anything.
Pros
great people
Cons
health insurance
Great place to work if benefits do not matter
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 9, 2017
Loved the manager and overall environment. Self insured company and could not afford the benefits. Liked the environment and would recommend the hospital if it were not for the cost of prescriptions.
Was a great place to work.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 2, 2017
I just left due to wanting a M-F position. I worked 12 hour shifts 3 days a week which is a fine schedule. I just have worked night shift for so long and wanted a day job
Management an issue
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 19, 2017
The culture at FMC is changing but not completely. Some old management still in place perpetuating old culture and using the new culture values to target employees. Too much damage occurs before leadership addresses it. HR doesn't follow own published policies and procedures. Favoritism and nepotism is rampant.
Pros
Most employees are dedicated to their community
Cons
Management, Culture
A Awesome place to work
Appeal Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OH 43130June 11, 2017
Great benefits, great people, caring management, great perks, great hours, showers with gifts, like family no room to transfer, wish there was more training.
Professional
Clincal Experience (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 8, 2017
Fairfield Medical Center was an excellent place to observe and learn. I would highly recommend Fairfield as a place of employment. It is a very professional hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairfield Medical Center Reviews by Location