Fairfield Medical Center Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working there most employees were nice and made me feel welcome. I was recognized for saving a mans life in the daily news.
Pros
recognize employees
Cons
long drive from home
Great people
Manager, Cardiovascular Services (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 12, 2015
Patients First. Focused on providing outstanding patient experience. Organization takes good care of employees and is a terrific play to work.
The pay is very low for the type of work that is involved.
Distribution Assistant/ Courier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 7, 2015
I really liked the people I worked with and the department I worked in but the pay was bottom line. I would recommend this facility to someone starting out but it doesn't pay enough to sustain a family
RN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 20, 2015
FMC is a great place to work. My co-workers are like my family. I am treated very well. I have nothing negative to say about FMC.
Great work experience and great staff to work with.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my position with Fairfield Healthcare Professionals, FMC. I enjoyed the office staff and the physicians I worked with.
Productive work place with and enjoyable crew
Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 28, 2015
Very busy. Receiving specimens, order entry, registration, Preparing specimens for shipment. I have learned so much at FMC and I am proud to work with such a great team of dedicated, hard working individuals. I love that it is so busy, I really never have much downtime and I love that.
Pros
I earn alot of PTO and I really love that
Contingent position
Contingent Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OhioMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed going to the different offices. My job was to great the patient, copy insurance cards, collect co-pays, file patients folders, answer phones, and pull charts for the next days patients.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Not enough work
Great place to work.
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 18, 2015
I really enjoy working at FMC. I have been here for 15 years. I fell that I have advanced in the company. I work with a great group of girls and doctors. I respect them all.
Fairfield is a great place to be with great staff
clinical experience (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 17, 2014
I was at Fairfield for 7 months of my clinical training. staff was friendly and answered all of my questions.
excellent company
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  fairfield caDecember 13, 2014
i was able to Finnish my internship here and continue to volunteer to keep up my skills
Clinical site
ULTRASOUND INTERN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 7, 2014
I enjoyed working at this local community hospital during my schooling.
Community
Dietary Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 7, 2014
This hospital is a great place to work. It really feels like a community and everyone works together to make the hospital work as efficient as possible
Community Hospital with out of touch and inexperienced managers who create a culture of nepotism and out of touch reality.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 30, 2014
Managers are out of touch with clinical side of care. Nursing managers don't like suggestions to make things better. Doctors and new grads can do no wrong. Older nurses are discounted and expected to keep quiet about any injustices done to them. Inconsistent policy enforcement, if they like you, they'll look the other way. If they don't, they will enforce a policy.
Managers are afraid to back up their nurses and throw them under the bus if they question policies.
Great place to work if you're a robot. Absolutely no empowerment for any employees.
Management makes careless decisions, like hiring BSNs from out of the area who only stayed 6 months, long enough to get experience and then left...costing the hospital/community millions in orientation and replacement hire costs, simultaneously rejecting ASN grads from Hocking College who are local and rooted in the community.
Staffing is always an issue. We worked short staffed frequently, putting patient care at risk. High turnover rate. I worked in the ICU and in one year most of the nurses who trained me are gone. The ICU manager doesn't let the older experienced nurses precept the new nurses. The young, new grads with little experience are assigned to train new hires.
Administration is hierarchical in a siloed organization completely disconnected from their employees.
Pros
no night shift cafeteria, some great people work here, they just don't run the place.
Cons
no appreciation of workers, people are replaceable, with cheaper people, staff is discounted and their opinions and statements are dismissed, patients do not come first.
The CEO seems to care what employees want
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster OhioMay 12, 2014
Great place to learn skills for a small 222 bed hospital.
Management was horrible and did not have a clue in what you did. Did not feel comfortable talking to them. They would get rid of people for no reason so there was always a lot of stress
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
management
There is not any room for advancement. Not much communication from management
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 5, 2014
Work 3rd shift. We do morning run daily, starting at 3 a.m. I am a general technologist
A very nice hospital.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 14, 2014
This was a very fast paced environment that was pleasant to be in. I would take any of my family members here for any treatment. The staff was all very professional.
Very productive and professional
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. The management and staff was very fun to be around and always put a smile on my face while still remaining very professional when needed. I learned a lot about working with the public and how to handle all types of situations. good and bad. I loved working with the public, well and sick. I always felt like I had a great day if I just made one sick person smile. Making them feel better was most deffinately the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
working midnight shift
Fast-paced work environment
Medical Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Fast-paced, extremely busy environment. Overall, average company. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room for advancement. I have learned how to relate to and manage people to be effective and efficient in their positions. My staff is excellent and we have fun at work, while maintaining productivity and customer service needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
advancement is limited
great staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 8, 2013
FMC is a great hospital to work for. The staff at FMC are happy and always helpful. Management are great and easy to talk to.
volunteer
Volunteer / Diagnostic Health Services (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 30, 2013
I was only a volunteer for a month, old job required me to quit but i loved doing it the time i was there