Fairfield Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worst place to work, administration poor, culture poor.
staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fairfield medicalMarch 2, 2017
Was in staff RN position. Direction from administration always changed. Never constant. The culture is false. Administration says one thing and does the opposite. Physicians are being pushed out. If you want to work with broken down old equipment come here. If you don't want to learn anything new this is the place for you.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Dishonest culture.
Fairfield Medical Center is a Great Place to Work!
Associate Chaplain (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 28, 2017
The environment at FMC continues to get better and better. The co-workers help and support one another. Upper management listens to the suggestions and concerns from their employees. I work in the Emergency Department most of the time and there is a great sense of team work that includes all the departments. It is obvious that people care about the patients and they do their best to support one another in their particular role.

It is great to walk down the hall and see staff being courteous to one another and helpful to any visitor or patient.

This is a great place to be trained and advance in any career goals that a person would desire.
Pros
Support from peers and management
Cons
No performance raises at this time - however, that is in the process of changing
An overall culture that supports both personal and professional growth.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 21, 2017
The overall culture of the hospital supports both professional and personal development. Staff understand expectations. Care centers on providing a patient-centered experience while upholding the mission and values of the facility.
respectful nice place to work, nice eating facility, friendly atmosphere
STNA UNIT CLERK LOCKDOWN INPATIENT PSYCH UNIT (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 15, 2017
My day consisted of running the front desk on the locked psychiatric unit, along with supervising the locked doors and controling the phones of the unit, i also processed the doctors orders, electronically charted on patients and ordered lab work and testing per doctors orders individual to each patient. Along with the desk work I was also the stna of the unit with involves patient saftey and monitoring, serving, monitoring and charting all meal times during the shift, and all patient care needed specialized per patient individual needs.
Pros
nice cafateria, friendly enviroonment
Cons
long hours, stressful
Worst healthcare system ive ever worked for
Cath Lab (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 8, 2017
The culture here is abusive. Managers do not care about you as an individual. Working hard and providing excellent patient care is not valued by physicians. There is rampant abuse to staff by managers. The turnover and avaliable jobs here should be enough to make people not apply. At least 2 high revenue talented physicians have recently been pushed out. The new administration is cleaning house of great healthcare providers.
Pros
Cons
Management abuse, poor leadership by administration, lack of patient care
Lab work is awesome
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OH 43130February 2, 2017
There was some of power struggles which made daily work stressful sometimes. I learned about compliance with Federal regulations and the different aspects of the lab.
The most enjoyable part of this job was processing the different specimens and blood samples. Performing drug test were also interesting. Learning the rules and significance of processing samples for legal cases.
Pros
Exciting learning experience
Cons
pay was not too good
Pretty decent
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 27, 2017
Fairfield Medical is a decent place to work. Everything is good but management. Management really only cares about employees that have been there forever and go by what they say.
Pros
Decent pay/ benefits
Pretty good
Attendant (Former Employee) –  DietaryJanuary 12, 2017
Good work environment. Nice people. Management needs work. They have a very slow human resources. Not very helpful in that department.
It seems like a good hospital that is trying to be better.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 16, 2016
I feel like there is a serious lack of communication between coworkers, managers, and HR. HR does not respond to any email ever or what you're emailing them about unless you email them 15 times on the same topic and even then sometimes you don't hear back. Same thing if you call and leave a message they will not return your phone call. It's as though you don't even exist. They say that they're going to do something and then they don't do it. They give you false hope about the future and what is going to happen. What you were told in your interview is not at all what it's like when you're actually there and what they promise you in your interview is not what you get when you start working there. It's a constant "runaround" type of situation. I do however have a great group of coworkers.
Unable to advance
Preceptor and Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 9, 2016
Applied to multiple jobs, to help with my family life. It seems that you have to know someone, to get a job, or be considered. Also hard to advance. I get excellent yearly evaluation but I fell stuck in the position I am in. Otherwise I really like working here.
Pros
Friendly, new changes are helping
Cons
Hard to advance or change position
New Culture of Caring
Clinical Nurse Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 22, 2016
FMC is a great place to work. The staff are wonderful. As co-workers go they are the best. FMC is a community hospital with a big heart - a heart of gold.
enjoyed my team
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff at Fairfield, it was a little hard at first because I was the only minority but after they got to know me and I got to know them things was just as if we was one big family
Pros
team work
Cons
a little more pay and more minorities
Caring and friendly workplace
endoscopy technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 8, 2015
Fairfield medical center is a community hospital with caring staff and outstanding patient care. It is a place where everyone feels like family and patients are treated as such.
Pros
Good benefits
Friendly work environment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working there most employees were nice and made me feel welcome. I was recognized for saving a mans life in the daily news.
Pros
recognize employees
Cons
long drive from home
Great people
Manager, Cardiovascular Services (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 12, 2015
Patients First. Focused on providing outstanding patient experience. Organization takes good care of employees and is a terrific play to work.
The pay is very low for the type of work that is involved.
Distribution Assistant/ Courier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHOctober 7, 2015
I really liked the people I worked with and the department I worked in but the pay was bottom line. I would recommend this facility to someone starting out but it doesn't pay enough to sustain a family
RN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 20, 2015
FMC is a great place to work. My co-workers are like my family. I am treated very well. I have nothing negative to say about FMC.
Great work experience and great staff to work with.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my position with Fairfield Healthcare Professionals, FMC. I enjoyed the office staff and the physicians I worked with.
Productive work place with and enjoyable crew
Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 28, 2015
Very busy. Receiving specimens, order entry, registration, Preparing specimens for shipment. I have learned so much at FMC and I am proud to work with such a great team of dedicated, hard working individuals. I love that it is so busy, I really never have much downtime and I love that.
Pros
I earn alot of PTO and I really love that
Contingent position
Contingent Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OhioMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed going to the different offices. My job was to great the patient, copy insurance cards, collect co-pays, file patients folders, answer phones, and pull charts for the next days patients.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairfield Medical Center Reviews by Location