Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 19, 2017
Community has gone through 4 managers since March 2017. No opportunity for career advancement which is a big con. Lack of communication makes the team as a whole suffer.
Great Company
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 12, 2017
Great Company to work for and great work environment. The on call and snow removal is extra hours per week and all over time pay. Its a great job with great benefits.
Great expereince.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER / LEASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CADecember 9, 2017
I had a lot of fun working at this company however my passion was to become a firefighter and they were very accommodating regarding the hours. I had a great team to work with.
What jail for 5 years had a great time learned a lot
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 5, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had in maintenance had a great team great management the office staff was great I really enjoyed working and had lots of fun and had a lot of work productivity done
December 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review. Looking at your title, did you mean to say something other than jail? We hope so! :) Nonetheless, we love hearing how much you enjoyed your team, that you felt productive, and that this is one of the best maintenance jobs you have had! Thank you for your 5 years of service with Fairfield!

Fast paced, varied tasks, helpful team members
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 4, 2017
Every day was new and exciting. Meeting and greeting new prospects, touring them and guiding them thru the application process and making sure their move in goes smoothly. Assisting current residents with their questions and needs, adding work orders when necessary.
I was able to learn new computer programs that facilitated the property management policies.
The work culture is very professional from the leasing staff to the maintenance crew.
The hardest part of the job was multi tasking, getting interrupted mid task to move on to another task, all of which were priorities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting new residents in their move in, helping them overcome challenges.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
sometimes the pace was overwhelming
December 19, 2017

Thanks much for the great review! We are pleased to hear how exciting your position is with Fairfield and that you are enjoying the team atmosphere and culture. We have taken great strides in providing the best tools to succeed and we are pleased to hear you have taken advantage of that. We appreciate you sharing your experience - keep up the great work!

Structure Company
WOODLAND HILLS CA - GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2017
Fairfield is a very well structured company. They provide great training and support. The down side is that most properties are short staffed and leave no room for growth.
Pros
pays well
Cons
short staffed
December 19, 2017

Thank you for leaving us this review. We enjoy hearing how much you enjoy our training and you feel you are well supported. It is important to us that we provide this to all of our teams.

Fast paced, never a dull moment!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 24, 2017
A typical day included being on the run from the minute walking through the door in the morning until closing up at night. Never a dull moment, and a great environment if you enjoy working with people all day and a new daily challenge (or two!). There is definitely the opportunity to learn a lot if you're driven to do so however, there seemed to be a lack of advancement opportunities (depends on the company's presence in your area though).
November 6, 2017

You’re right, property management is an exciting industry to be in! We are glad to hear Fairfield is providing you a positive environment that’s offering you with the opportunity to learn and advance. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 24, 2017
I have very much enjoyed working for this company. They are very appreciative of my hard work and we all work so well together to get everything done in a timely matter.
November 6, 2017

5-stars, wow, thank you!! Also, thank you for recommending Fairfield as a great place to work! We do appreciate all of the hard work our associates put in day in and day out! We are one team - we are Fairfield!

Fast Paced with high demand for accurate and precise functions
Project Accountant I/II (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 16, 2017
Excellent! The training was solid. Though performance was demannding and beating the grade of the learning curve it worked out for me,Though the demands were such that there were some despite who, with team support, washed out. I am personally a joy to work with and can achieve efficiencies by fostering good relations amongst my coworker, up and down chain of command. I think it would bewise to schedule and discuss my potential employment with your firm.
Fun, Flexible Job
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2017
I was lucky to be paired with an awesome team, from the property management down to the maintenance guys we all got along great. Everyone was understanding of personal lives and would be willing to come in if someone else needed to leave. Overall an okay company to work for.
November 6, 2017

We LOVE hearing about your awesome and supportive team - and we know life happens outside of work! Maintaining a good work life balance at Fairfield is important to all of us. Thanks for leaving us a review and recommending Fairfield as a place to work.

Great experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 14, 2017
I've received excellent experience from Fairfield Residential. My colleagues were wonderful and I consider them long term friends. I've experienced budget strategy training, vendor and resident relationship maintenance, and many different CA regulations regarding fair housing and compliance.
October 4, 2017

Thank you for leaving us this great review! It is wonderful to hear you have created long lasting friendships with your colleagues, and that your training experience has been excellent. At Fairfield, we believe that by providing our associates opportunities to learn, this empowers our people to succeed and grow. This is fundamental to the success of our organization.

need more employees training
Property Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 7, 2017
Assisted the community manager with supervision, leasing, and operations of the community
Maintained accurate resident records, updates, rent deposits, and applications fees
Ensured that all rental payments were collected when due and posted in Yardi System on a timely manner for a 415-unit community.
Contacted and communicated daily with vendors and contractors concerning work scheduling, billing, and vendor relations. Processed and submitted all billing and invoices on a weekly basis
Pros
na
Cons
not too flexible with employees
Good company without work/life balance
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2017
Good company in great location. You will enjoy working there is you can work a lot of hours.
Deadlines are very tight and fast. No one takes into consideration public holidays.
Turnover is high, people get burned out.
Benefits are average.
October 4, 2017

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and respect your frustration. It is true, depending on the nature of the work, it can get heavy with deadlines with lots of hours. However, here at Fairfield, we believe work life balance is very important. One of our current projects is to improve our processes and streamline technologies to create a better balance and engaging workforce. We are also reviewing our benefits programs, including paid holidays. Thank you again for leaving us this review. Best of luck!

it was ok
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2017
My time with Fairfield was short. The company is good and pay was good. My manager was terrible though which reflects poorly on the company. My Manager never showed up for work and would ask us to cover for her (respond to emails etc.)
Pros
pay
Cons
none- just terrible mngr
October 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience with us short and it didn’t meet your expectations. Please understand the behavior you indicate as displayed by your manager is not permitted but is not standard among our management team. If you would like to share your experience with us, please contact us HR@ffres.com or 1-866-887-3347, option 5.

Fairfeild
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 20, 2017
Its a great company to work for. They have job security and they allow flexibility, which helps me maintain a healthy home life. The pay is OK, however its a lot of fast pace work.
Great benefits and good pay.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 28, 2017
Preparing apartments to be in move in condition for the new residents. Repairing A/C units, leaks, repairing cabinetry, overall maintenance of the building inside and outside and off the grounds.
July 12, 2017

Thanks so much for your 5-star review, we appreciate all of your efforts in the Maintenance / Service Technician role. What you do helps make our properties a beautiful place to live for our residents! We are also pleased that you are enjoying our benefits program and you feel your compensation is good. Thanks again for your positive feedback!

Regional Service Manager
Regional Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2017
Fairfield Residential has been an amazing company to work for. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't learn something new while building my career in Property Management over the past eight years. The Management opportunities that I have had have helped mold me as an individual and have given me the tools to lead. Keeping up with operations and maintenance of twenty six communities in my portfolio has been my greatest challenge while balancing home and work with heavy travel. I have enjoyed working with both the teams and customers and am looking to continue to do so throughout my career.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Home and work life balance
July 12, 2017

Wow! Thank you so much for your amazing review! Everything you mentioned exemplifies what Fairfield strives to provide for our associates. We are so proud of your accomplishments thus far and especially the dedication shown in your 8-year career with Fairfield. We understand that work life balance can be challenging, especially in the role you are in, but we are glad to hear we are providing you the tools to succeed and lead in your position. Never stop learning and growing with us!

Great company, great benefits
IT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2017
I was very lucky to have an amazing supervisor. The nature of my job was very versatile, never a dull moment. Deadline driven yet, the team was always ready to help. Best workplace I have had so far.
Pros
Benefits, workplace
Cons
No degree, hard to advance
July 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are thrilled to hear this was the best place you have worked at so far, and that you had such a great group to support you in your versatile position. Thanks for being a part of Fairfield and we wish you the best!

Leasing
leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2017
Multifamily property management. An opportunity for working with families and individuals looking to relocate or just make a change in their housing needs. Great opportunity to meet others and help them find their place.
Pros
housing
Cons
volitile industry
July 12, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. We are so glad that you were part of the Fairfield leasing team as it is a rewarding experience to work with people and help them the perfect home.

Productive but also a fun atmosphere!
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2017
A typical day at work: The typical office/computer work, combined with a ton of resident interaction. Plenty of opportunity to market as well as meet with current, but also up-coming businesses. What is also nice, is being able to be a part of a team that really understands one another and takes great pride in their job, making it that much more enjoyable.

Overcoming objectives is a part of any job or career.
The hardest part is if you choose to make it hard. If you strive to be the best you can be and truly learn from any mistake, then you will be the best you.
Pros
Quartly bonuses, Hourly and commissions, Benifits and twice yearly recognition awards
July 12, 2017

We love getting insight from our current associates! Thanks so much for taking the time to describe a typical day at the property. You are correct - when working in a customer service/sales minded environment, overcoming objections is part of the job. At Fairfield, we strive to provide our associates with the tools to overcome those objections and, overall, to succeed in their role. Working with a fun, supportive and dedicated team always makes for a better experience! We appreciate you being part of the Fairfield team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.