Fairfield Residential

Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

Flexible schedule and good promotional opportunities
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 17, 2017
Fairfield does not offer the best benefits or the highest compensation in the industry; however, the company is well-managed, scheduling is generally flexible, and there are many promotion opportunities once you get into the company.
The Fairfield "Difference"
Unknown (Current Employee) –  UnknownMay 18, 2016
I don't know exactly what makes Fairfield different (in a good way) from other companies. There is little-to-no room for advancement and management clearly doesn't care enough to see that an employee isn't completing their job as defined in the job description. The pay is NOT competitive by any means, but it is a paycheck at least, which is more than what some people get.
Pros
I haven't found any..
Cons
Poor management, VERY low pay for expected amount of work, no room for advancement
Easy going Job with benefits
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Enjoyed being a night auditor, the hardest part was making the switch to the hours they were asking for. typical day was slow due to the hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the leniency. co workers were great and nice, management was okay.
Pros
leniency
Cons
Shift
A great experience on learning and training on site or offsite.
Porter/Groundskeeper Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Davis, CADecember 10, 2016
I had a wonderful 3 years 6 months learning and knowing how to fix issues,resolve issues,and a great supervisor who was willing to teach me the correct right way on making all residents and staff members happy on techniques on how to fix everything when needed or being on call as necessary as well,also getting work orders down to a low count and accomplishing other tasks that needed to get done annually.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Stable company to work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Fairfield is a large stable company to work for. The work environment is casual, but very deadline driven. There is good opportunity for growth.
A great place to work.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 8, 2017
A short timmer 1 year (relocated) however in that year I learned so much. The training was amazing it never stoped.

As long as you did what was needed and expected all went well. Expectaions were high but then mine where high as well so it was a good connect between us both.

Never a typical day busy all the time which I loved.
Pros
Exceptional Training
Good company to work for overall
Service Technician/Porter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2016
I had a good experience with this company. Was with them 1-2 years. Pretty good people. They invest in their employees by sending you to get other certifications that benefit you in the long run.
Pros
Pay, Fine Leasing agents, fast golf carts, bonuses
Cons
paid bi weekly, on call
Wonderful Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2016
I love Fairfield residential! Little room for advancement. Great work life balance, and they really care about their employees.
Big company, high turnover!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2013
Fairfield made a turn for the worst after their bankruptcy. Loyal employee's were let go, every time you turned around someone in upper management was resigning, and the on-site employees suffered because of it. The structure changed and never recovered; the culture changed; everything changed! There is some room for growth but you either have to know someone in upper management to help you grow or you have to put in unbelievable hours to accomplish your goals (regardless of what achievements/designations/degrees you acquired while with the company). In this company, you almost have to sacrifice your personal life to advance and you must take the initiative to make things happen on your own because it's unlikely to be promoted within (unless you've "played the game" and got on everyone's good side or personally know someone at corporate).
Pros
Compensation and health benefits were fair.
Cons
Unstable structure, favoritism, culture issues.
Wonder Full Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 31, 2016
I've worked for this company of 10 years. This was the property I worked for that is a Tax Credit Property. It was very challenging working for this property. No knowing anything about Tax Credit. In the end I conquered it with flying colors. A typical day was a very busy day. I Asst. over 450 units. With a large diversity of people and different programs. Here I also learned a great deal of patients. The office staff worded as a team. The hardiest part of this job was having to leave. I 100% enjoyed working with everyone there.
Great Place to work
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia ScApril 24, 2016
Loved working here. Training and support was excellent. The day to day work was really smooth if you have a system. Fairfield does require a lot of paperwork but most employers do these days. The leasing and renewal commissions were very good.
Pros
Benefits and training
Cons
Yardi
Good company to work for
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
Fairfield takes care of its people. Never had an issue with upper management. Training was clear and concise. Very organised.
Great Co-workers
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAAugust 13, 2016
Corporate and on-site manager are great and know how to recognize employee efforts. There was never a feeling of being over pressured to perform well and other employees are very supportive.
maintenance manager Artesia by the lake wa
maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Artesia by the lake, waJuly 19, 2015
I would not recommend working for this company, the standard is to treat on site staff very poorly, manage them with threats during weekly staff meetings to make up for be incompetent. But, don't ever bring up the fact that the community manager is incompetent because the regional will encourage her to increase your work load until you quit and just look the other way and play dumb. Hr was no help at all and this was by far the worst job I ever had with the worst people I've ever worked with hands down, I quit and have never been happier.
Pros
housing, benefits
Cons
bad people management, treat employees bad, retaliation allowed, bad hr
Great Place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Fairfield encourages great customer service and a positive atmosphere. Sometimes they can get a little outrageous with raising rent on people. That is a little hard to cope with bc in this job I don't get a raise of 2,400 dollars a year and they raise rents as high $200 a month on people who have been living there for years. I don't think that is good customer service. That really would be my only complaint about the company.
Pros
Good training, great work life balance
Cons
Raise rents way too much on residents
Great company to work for!
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2015
Worked this company for over 9yrs great benefits! definitely miss the commission great bonus! Only negative output they do not have much new opportunity especially if you are stuck at a tax credit property.
Pros
Commission and bonus
Cons
No job advancement
Stuffy Co-workers, bad management and Company ethics is an oxymoron
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2013
My company sold its property to Fairfield and that's how I ended up working for them. They were HORRIBLE!! I can't believe people think they a good company to work for. (My standards must be really high)

The employees are stuck up. They treat their tenants like 2nd class citizens. And why should they care? The company buys companies left and right, jacks up the rental prices and then sells once the property is ran into the ground. I was embarassed to be employed by them.

The pay was garbage and its so micro managed you couldn't pick a booger without their permission. The property manager had the maintenance men unpacking her apartment rather then completing service request for the tenants and the computer systems are out dated.
Pros
closed on Sunday?
Cons
Pay, Management, Job security, Yardi
Overwhelming conditions
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 14, 2013
At first glance it looked like a good place to work at but as time went by I quickly realized that I was working alone. Not only did I not have the support of the management or my assistant but the previous manager had run down the place. Its like everything was working against me. Management changed at the property but problems still remained because the root of it stemmed from a Regional level. After I tried my hardest and even inconvenienced my family by coming in extra early and working late hours and even weekends trying to satisfy management, I was still let go. Soon after my departure they realized that the problem in fact was not me. I am glad that changes were made, although too late for me but my colleagues and friends that still work there are reaping the benefits.
Pros
apartment and access to pool
Cons
place has a long way to go before it is back on track
Exciting, Inviting and productive company to be part of!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 15, 2014
I was very lucky to work for such a great copany. I loved my location and team as well as the fact advancement was a HUGE possibility. With all the training, employees and positive reinforcement I rate this company very high. There will always be pros and cons to a company, overall they set the bar very high for me, pesonally! I BECAME A HARDER WORKER AND BETTER EMPLOYEE FROM MY EXPERIENCE. Sounds cheesy but you really do get to "experience the difference at Fairfield"
Pros
Awesome Employees and most Management
Cons
BUDGET! Sometimes it can affect current residents, therefore causing bad reviews and hurts possible future leasing opportunities
Fun work enivronment
Housekeeping, Front Desk, Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2016
The environment was always good, I worked with great people from the staff, to the guest that came in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.