Fairfield Residential

Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

very nice
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day would be to come in stock cart and get list of rooms, have morning meeting, then begin cleaning checking rooms for checkouts, the other housekeepers were very nice some were slow so had to pick up slack at times which made for more rooms longer days. The main manager was amazing very helpful and caring, the head of housekeeping manager was not. she had her friends and made it known, she was by no means fair to the rest of us that weren't her friends outside of the workplace, she was however good at making sure rooms were at top of the line. the hardest part of the job I would say is having your rooms cleaned but not finished due to lack of bedding so you would have to wait. the best part of the job is being able to work at your own pace and your own routine.
Pros
work at own pace
Cons
not many hours
Productive and fun work area
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYDecember 30, 2015
Every day is a good work day always try to make tenant happy and safe with there request. The management at Fairfield is great since co-workers always talk about what can be improve on the job site...
Great company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  14030 Atlantic BlvdDecember 21, 2015
I loved and got along great with my coworkers, we stayed busy and helped each other any way we could. Sometimes we had to endure difficulties, such as difficult residents but we kept a high level of professionalism and handled every situation well.
Pros
Great and fun environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Great company to work for!
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2015
Worked this company for over 9yrs great benefits! definitely miss the commission great bonus! Only negative output they do not have much new opportunity especially if you are stuck at a tax credit property.
Pros
Commission and bonus
Cons
No job advancement
Excellent company to work with on all levels
Property Manager/Shorewood Apartments (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIOctober 3, 2015
As you know, Property Management creates new opportunities & challenges each day. That is why I love it so - it's always interesting, ever changing and you never have the same day twice on any level.
Pros
Support provided as needed, excellent product, strong staff
Cons
Seilling of multiple properties in the NE has led to my being laid off.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2015
Completing work request and completing make ready. Good place to work. All about the numbers. Management is good. Enjoy working with my workers.
meeting and greeting people from all over the world
hostess (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 14, 2015
setting up breakfast for the guest and restocking items that were used . meeting people from across the world.helping people
Awesome Company
Chason Ridge Apartments Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville NCAugust 3, 2015
I love working for Fairfield Residential. Some days are good some are bad but that's with any job. They have great benefits and encourage growth.
Amazing Workplace... Made Lifelong Friends
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2015
Really just a great place to work. I know it mat sound corny but I really have no complaints about Fairfield. The company was extremely fair and really promoted a great workplace/home-life balance. If it wasn't for my long commute I would still be there.
Pros
Great Working Enviornment
Cons
Really Nothing... Loved my job
Very structured company
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  WAJuly 21, 2015
One of the best companies I have worked for. Management doesn't make you just feel like a number. Great benefits and love the programs that they have in place for training. Great support staff.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not too many properties in area
maintenance manager Artesia by the lake wa
maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Artesia by the lake, waJuly 19, 2015
I would not recommend working for this company, the standard is to treat on site staff very poorly, manage them with threats during weekly staff meetings to make up for be incompetent. But, don't ever bring up the fact that the community manager is incompetent because the regional will encourage her to increase your work load until you quit and just look the other way and play dumb. Hr was no help at all and this was by far the worst job I ever had with the worst people I've ever worked with hands down, I quit and have never been happier.
Pros
housing, benefits
Cons
bad people management, treat employees bad, retaliation allowed, bad hr
Job Summary
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2015
Typical day at work is a non-stop, busy paced environment of different tasks at hand, which I enjoy. I like the fact that everyday presents new challenges and experiences.
Fairfield has been a great company to work for, the experience has served it's purpose.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 20, 2015
I've enjoyed working with Fairfield for the past few years. The property was close to home and I completely enjoyed working closely with staff and residents.
Pros
My co-workers and residents
Cons
Growth within the company was limited
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
Fairfield is one of the first companies that I have ever worked for that takes time to really make you feel appreciated for all the hard work you do.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Way to far from my house.
Low pay
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
Low pay and high expectations. Older property that was not well maintained. Renovations increase tenant expectation, but are not well done. High turnover- help wanted sign constantly up. Maintenance Supervisor in early 20s, lacking real life experience, took vacation in July with a forty work order backlog on two person crew.
Pros
supervisor was nice guy.
Cons
forty work order backlog on three person crew.
Excellent company
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Fairfield is an amazing company to work for overall. In this company, you interact with multiple people on a daily basis and every person has been wonderful and helpful.
The most corrupt and discriminatory HR department ever!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 27, 2014
I wish I had good things to say about this company. I worked there as a property manager for over 2 years. They have the most corrupt and discriminatory HR department I have ever encountered. I have worked for 3 of the largest multi-family property management companies in the US and I have never seen internal personnel operate like they do in this company.

The Human Resources Director for the WA (I would gladly post her name if I could) is racist and discriminatory and has been given free reign to make any decision she wishes regardless of anything substantiated, any proof or validity. They are very focused on their company being an "at will employer" and they can fire you at any moment with no notice for no reason. As the HR director so kindly put it, "the salaried employees are replaceable." And they don't hesitate to practice that belief regularly!! And that's the way they run their business. It is so serious that an EEOC investigation is being done on them right now.

I won multiple awards within the company and they lost an amazing employee who made them a ton of money! There are numerous management companies out there, I strongly caution you to steer clear of this one.
Pros
generous paid holidays
Cons
completely unfair treatment of employees. discriminatory human resources.
Fair place to work
Redevelopment Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2014
Good company to work with. Can be pettey. Can lose job by owners dislike of who become president
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can lose job by owners dislike of who become president
Fun workplace
Marketing/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 7, 2014
Got to go out and shop comp other properties.
Got to meet different people everyday
Nice Work enviroment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester NHSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed the time with Faifield Residential, this company hired me to manage the accounting for the same property I currently work for. It is sad that the management contract ended and we could not remain with Faifield but during my employment with this company I had the opportunity to meet wounderful people local and from home office that assisted me on learning the sofware and more.

Great benefits, enviroment and opportunity.