FAIRFIELD RESIDENTIAL

FAIRFIELD RESIDENTIAL Employer Reviews

The most corrupt and discriminatory HR department ever!
Property Manager (Former Employee), WashingtonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: generous paid holidays
Cons: completely unfair treatment of employees. discriminatory human resources.
I wish I had good things to say about this company. I worked there as a property manager for over 2 years. They have the most corrupt and discriminatory HR department I have ever encountered. I have worked for 3 of the largest multi-family property management companies in the US and I have never seen internal personnel operate like they do in this company.

The Human Resources Director for the WA (I would gladly post her name if I could) is racist and discriminatory and has been given free reign to make any decision she wishes regardless of anything substantiated, any proof or validity. They are very focused on their company being an "at will employer" and they can fire you at any moment with no notice for no reason. As the HR director so kindly put it, "the salaried employees are replaceable." And they don't hesitate to practice that belief regularly!! And that's the way they run their business. It is so serious that an EEOC investigation is being done on them right now.

I won multiple awards within the company and they lost an amazing employee who made them a ton of money! There are numerous management companies out there, I strongly caution you to steer clear of this one.
Fair place to work
Redevelopment Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: can lose job by owners dislike of who become president
Good company to work with. Can be pettey. Can lose job by owners dislike of who become president
Fun workplace
Marketing/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 7, 2014
Got to go out and shop comp other properties.
Got to meet different people everyday
Nice Work enviroment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Manchester NHSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed the time with Faifield Residential, this company hired me to manage the accounting for the same property I currently work for. It is sad that the management contract ended and we could not remain with Faifield but during my employment with this company I had the opportunity to meet wounderful people local and from home office that assisted me on learning the sofware and more.

Great benefits, enviroment and opportunity.
Amazing Place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2014
Solid company with lot of growth. Elite property portfolio. Management support and productive training tools.
Excellent company to work for
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pay scale, benefits, strong leadership
Cons: hit hard by recession
There were too many great things to list them all here. Best workplace and environment I have worked in.
good place to learn and sharpen up skill coming out of collage
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Hamden, CTJuly 31, 2014
great place for great designs in architecture with award winning customs home designs that are ready for the field.
Great Place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: good training, great work life balance
Cons: raise rents way too much on residents
This is a great company to work for. Fairfield encourages great customer service and a positive atmosphere. Sometimes they can get a little outrageous with raising rent on people. That is a little hard to cope with bc in this job I don't get a raise of 2,400 dollars a year and they raise rents as high $200 a month on people who have been living there for years. I don't think that is good customer service. That really would be my only complaint about the company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), North Hollywood, CAJune 13, 2014
Loved the culture and my team

great building const.

Breat benefits
loved my job until they got a new regional and my assist and manager left
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: management was bad
loved my job unitl a new regional and my manager and assistant left because of it.
Beautiful properties a company that has good values.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 22, 2014
Fairfield is an amazing company to work for and still has true values.
Exciting, Inviting and productive company to be part of!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMay 15, 2014
Pros: awesome employees and most management
Cons: budget! sometimes it can affect current residents, therefore causing bad reviews and hurts possible future leasing opportunities
I was very lucky to work for such a great copany. I loved my location and team as well as the fact advancement was a HUGE possibility. With all the training, employees and positive reinforcement I rate this company very high. There will always be pros and cons to a company, overall they set the bar very high for me, pesonally! I BECAME A HARDER WORKER AND BETTER EMPLOYEE FROM MY EXPERIENCE. Sounds cheesy but you really do get to "experience the difference at Fairfield"
Horrible Company to work for! Don't do it!!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 13, 2014
Pros: none!
Cons: horrible work environment, incompetent upper management, unresponsive hr dept
The company I worked for sold the property I worked at for 8 years to Fairfield in Dec 2012. From that day the property as well as the work environment went down hill. Upper management only cared about numbers, increased rents right away without researching the sub-market, residents started moving out, also they expected a 25 plus year old property to not only be maintained, but thrive on a pseudo budget prepared out of nowhere with no real historical data. The budget was more designed for a brand new community with little needed in terms of wear-and-tear items...the community was 27 years old! I was made to be made to feel incompetent and practically harassed by the regional manager daily for not staying within budget which was impossible! Unrealistic demands were put on me as the Manager as well as the Service Manager. Policy was not well laid out and it seemed as if everyone in upper management had no idea how to interpret the written policy, so "policy" depended on who was asked and at time they were asked. I can go on and on, but I'll end with how non-responsive HR was when the regional manager's behavior was questionable and it was brought to their attention. I moved on from a property and job I loved due to this horrible management company. I will never recommend this as a place to work, not even to an enemy! No one should be subject to such work condition under no circumstances!
Liked it
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2014
Really enjoyed it. Worked with a great bunch of guys. Miss this place a lot
Get in where you fit in and stay there
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 13, 2014
Pros: pays commission
Cons: upper managerment
Regular property management positions in market and affordable housing. Great compensation for certifications and recertifications in LIHTC and Section 8 files.
Bad Management and Unresponsive Upper Management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Milford , ctApril 11, 2014
Pros: free suits quarterly
Cons: everything you can imagine
A bad place to work. Bad Management , Unresponsive HR and Marketing Dept. They will sell properties and the Employees are sold with the property. Expect to work 6 days a week , be scolded weekly, Have all blame put on you for everything. I trully believe this company is evil.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Cons: work was overload for the amount of help we did not have.
Great people to work with, the staff was low and a very busy property.
very weak HR dept
lead service (Former Employee), raleigh ncJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: had insuance but it was terrible
Cons: they are corperate backstabbers
company i had worked for for 4 years sold to fairfield in feb 2013 and in the beginning (first couple months) was a large flux of corporate suits and boxes of empty unlabeled binders,list os supplies and required equipment some of which was very expensive.needing approval to buy these numerous emails,voice mails ect asking for approval ,mangers regional managers ect just kept passing the buck,not returning the calls emails voice mails on these and other important issues.HR had to be contacted regarding employ misconduct HR gave me the runaround for two months after i was fired being a "whistle blower" HR said there had been a misunderstanding and the reason they gave was not having required paperwork in the binders that they themselves could not produce or find on there own HR website and not having the equipment they would not give approval to buy
Too Far
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 11, 2014
Living in Meriden and working in Stamford proved to be too taxing on my life. I need to find something a little closer to home.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Yardly Crossing 1800 Yardley Pa. 19067November 9, 2013
Pros: always learning new things and meeting new people.
Cons: having those few residents that were never pleased no matter what you did for them.
Was always busy from the start of the work day til the end. I had a pretty good team that I worked with; depending on the day! The hardest part of the job was always trying to please everyone. We wanted to make sure that the residents had everything that they needed but a lot of the times the decisions were out of my hands. The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing how happy we made our residents!

About FAIRFIELD RESIDENTIAL

Fairfield Residential Company LLC is among the most experienced multifamily real estate operating companies in the United States. – Read more