Fairfield Residential

Fairfield Residential Employee Reviews

meeting and greeting people from all over the world
hostess (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 14, 2015
setting up breakfast for the guest and restocking items that were used . meeting people from across the world.helping people
Awesome Company
Chason Ridge Apartments Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville NCAugust 3, 2015
I love working for Fairfield Residential. Some days are good some are bad but that's with any job. They have great benefits and encourage growth.
Amazing Workplace... Made Lifelong Friends
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2015
Really just a great place to work. I know it mat sound corny but I really have no complaints about Fairfield. The company was extremely fair and really promoted a great workplace/home-life balance. If it wasn't for my long commute I would still be there.
Pros
Great Working Enviornment
Cons
Really Nothing... Loved my job
Very structured company
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  WAJuly 21, 2015
One of the best companies I have worked for. Management doesn't make you just feel like a number. Great benefits and love the programs that they have in place for training. Great support staff.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not too many properties in area
maintenance manager Artesia by the lake wa
maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Artesia by the lake, waJuly 19, 2015
I would not recommend working for this company, the standard is to treat on site staff very poorly, manage them with threats during weekly staff meetings to make up for be incompetent. But, don't ever bring up the fact that the community manager is incompetent because the regional will encourage her to increase your work load until you quit and just look the other way and play dumb. Hr was no help at all and this was by far the worst job I ever had with the worst people I've ever worked with hands down, I quit and have never been happier.
Pros
housing, benefits
Cons
bad people management, treat employees bad, retaliation allowed, bad hr
Job Summary
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2015
Typical day at work is a non-stop, busy paced environment of different tasks at hand, which I enjoy. I like the fact that everyday presents new challenges and experiences.
Fairfield has been a great company to work for, the experience has served it's purpose.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 20, 2015
I've enjoyed working with Fairfield for the past few years. The property was close to home and I completely enjoyed working closely with staff and residents.
Pros
My co-workers and residents
Cons
Growth within the company was limited
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
Fairfield is one of the first companies that I have ever worked for that takes time to really make you feel appreciated for all the hard work you do.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Way to far from my house.
Low pay
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
Low pay and high expectations. Older property that was not well maintained. Renovations increase tenant expectation, but are not well done. High turnover- help wanted sign constantly up. Maintenance Supervisor in early 20s, lacking real life experience, took vacation in July with a forty work order backlog on two person crew.
Pros
supervisor was nice guy.
Cons
forty work order backlog on three person crew.
Excellent company
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Fairfield is an amazing company to work for overall. In this company, you interact with multiple people on a daily basis and every person has been wonderful and helpful.
The most corrupt and discriminatory HR department ever!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 27, 2014
I wish I had good things to say about this company. I worked there as a property manager for over 2 years. They have the most corrupt and discriminatory HR department I have ever encountered. I have worked for 3 of the largest multi-family property management companies in the US and I have never seen internal personnel operate like they do in this company.

The Human Resources Director for the WA (I would gladly post her name if I could) is racist and discriminatory and has been given free reign to make any decision she wishes regardless of anything substantiated, any proof or validity. They are very focused on their company being an "at will employer" and they can fire you at any moment with no notice for no reason. As the HR director so kindly put it, "the salaried employees are replaceable." And they don't hesitate to practice that belief regularly!! And that's the way they run their business. It is so serious that an EEOC investigation is being done on them right now.

I won multiple awards within the company and they lost an amazing employee who made them a ton of money! There are numerous management companies out there, I strongly caution you to steer clear of this one.
Pros
generous paid holidays
Cons
completely unfair treatment of employees. discriminatory human resources.
Fair place to work
Redevelopment Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2014
Good company to work with. Can be pettey. Can lose job by owners dislike of who become president
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can lose job by owners dislike of who become president
Fun workplace
Marketing/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 7, 2014
Got to go out and shop comp other properties.
Got to meet different people everyday
Nice Work enviroment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester NHSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed the time with Faifield Residential, this company hired me to manage the accounting for the same property I currently work for. It is sad that the management contract ended and we could not remain with Faifield but during my employment with this company I had the opportunity to meet wounderful people local and from home office that assisted me on learning the sofware and more.

Great benefits, enviroment and opportunity.
Amazing Place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2014
Solid company with lot of growth. Elite property portfolio. Management support and productive training tools.
Excellent company to work for
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
There were too many great things to list them all here. Best workplace and environment I have worked in.
Pros
pay scale, benefits, strong leadership
Cons
hit hard by recession
good place to learn and sharpen up skill coming out of collage
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 31, 2014
great place for great designs in architecture with award winning customs home designs that are ready for the field.
Great Place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Fairfield encourages great customer service and a positive atmosphere. Sometimes they can get a little outrageous with raising rent on people. That is a little hard to cope with bc in this job I don't get a raise of 2,400 dollars a year and they raise rents as high $200 a month on people who have been living there for years. I don't think that is good customer service. That really would be my only complaint about the company.
Pros
good training, great work life balance
Cons
raise rents way too much on residents
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 13, 2014
Loved the culture and my team

great building const.

Breat benefits
loved my job until they got a new regional and my assist and manager left
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2014
loved my job unitl a new regional and my manager and assistant left because of it.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management was bad