Fairhaven Employee Reviews

Would Not Recommend
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MDApril 26, 2017
This company does not value their employees or residents at all. They claim to promote teamwork and a healthy work/home balance, but there is no teamwork and you do not get to be home too often. Most facilities in the area require you to work every other holiday, Fairhaven does not do this if you are regularly scheduled for a day that a holiday lands on you work that holiday so you could very well end up working every holiday there is. You don't get double pay on holidays, and there is no weekend shift differential compared to other facilities in the area. You also don't get breaks and you only get paid for 7.5 hours. Like any facility there are aides that will help, and aides that won't, but when lifting residents by hoyer or sit-to-stand it is required for their to be 2 people present, many aides do not like to help their coworkers. This facility claims to be a no-lift facility over 35 pounds, and if a resident falls on the floor, you are to use a hoyer, but the nurse would rather just pick heavy residents up off the floor himself instead of using the lift which is safest for both him and the resident. They claim to care about resident safety, but that is completely untrue when they have nurses like that, and they are severely understaffed. Residents hardly ever get showered here, and I have never seen a nurse do a skin care assessment. If you bring any issues up to management they ignore you completely and never investigate, they blatantly do not care.

This is just some of the issues I've seen while working here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, treatment of residents, holidays, weekends
Working as a CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Learned to work in stressful situations caring for the elderly in a timely manner by using time management skills as well as public speaking skills to calm the residents and provide optimal care to the people in my care.
Work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 7, 2016
Fair heaven is a beautiful nursing home to work at and the residents are very respectful, it's very clean and neat. It's also a great place to work and the hours are great to work if your trying to go to school or looking for a part time job.
What a wonderful place to work
Bistro Supervisor (Former Employee) –  7200 Third Avenue Sykesville MD 21784October 20, 2016
It was the best job ever.I enjoyed going to work every day. The residents were great people. I enjoyed serving them The worker's were great to work with them also.Great team work. I sure do miss it.
good work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Good Work environment.
Team work and high professional skills.
caring and compassionate staff
Safety of patients is a high concern.
Enjoy working there
enjoyable workplace
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHDecember 30, 2015
Arrive at bus pick up and assist the Bus driver as we pick up the clients to and from work and school.
The love of the disabled clients
teamwork with all the co-workers
Pros
Insurance/ benefits
nice place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHJune 19, 2015
Coworkers are great, sometimes you get mandated to stay over- I work 12 hour shift already- when I have to stay over its 16 hours- too many hours to work in 1 day. another downside is you will get mandated on your weekend off. If it wasn't for the mandatory OT, I would of give it 5 stars.
Not flexable over worked
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami Springs, FLMay 27, 2015
The days vary in terms of responsibilities. most days are very hectic and require sacrifice of breaks. working with physicians family members and management is very difficult. if requesting days off, it is very difficult to get an approval. Co workers are very segregated some work with you others work against you. Majority of the days are very difficult when tending to patients getting receiving physician orders and handling family members. Very seldom is there an opportunity to get to know your patients on a intimate level.
Fun
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHApril 1, 2015
This job is fun but you have to be very health and be able to go up and down stairs real easy. Also have to have the patience to be able to get full-time in this place. The hardest part of the job is being able to go home for a couple hours and then turn around to go right back to work.
Pros
Go home after bus route
Cons
being able to go back to work after a couple of hours
Productive and very challenging
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2015
I loved working here, I had a chance to work with patients that really appreciate your service.
Pros
You get to meet nice and lovable residents!
Cons
organization

Want to know more about Fairhaven?

Ask a question
resident care
CNA (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 1, 2014
I assist elderly with daily living and safety. We do a one on one with a very challenging lady. We care for upto 12 residents per CNA. Most co workers work well with you but not all.
typical cna job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 23, 2014
worked well with school schedule. great hours to work with.
Pros
okay enviroment
Cons
They don't practice what they preach
Clinical Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MDMarch 1, 2014
I mistakenly believed that if I shared concerns and and issues with managment and administrators that they would be addresed. Unfortunately this was not the case, I witnessed and documented some serious incidents and shared this with management and administration, but after doing so, I was placed under close scrutiny and criticized daily on my job performance. Including being told that
my performnce could lead to termination. The issues I shared with them were essentialy ignored and not acknowledged.
What was really pathetic about the whole situation was I was told "I care too much" Well isn't that a kick in the head?! Fairhaven is a healthcare facilitity.Resident care and the residents right to dignity are listed as core values?
Hmmm...I guess they filled their quota on caring and responsible employees. I was one too many? Let's see if you can understand their evalaution and fair treatment of employees who CARE, SHOW UP, DO THEIR JOB, AND STAY LATE TO FINISH WORK, FOLLOW WORK PLACE POLICIES (NOT USING CELL PHONE OR WORK COMPUTERS FOR PERSONAL USE) SHOWING AN ACTUAL CONCERN FOR RESIDENTS AND STAFF
NOT SLEEPING ON THE JOB OR HIDING FROM WORK ASSIGNMENTS. MAKING SELF AVAILABLE FOR WORK MEETINGS ON DAYS OFF ASSIST IN COVERING SHIFTS.
They fire them. Yep can't have those types of employees around !! God knows it is bad for morale and cultivating a culture of community!

Disappointed and let down beyond words...I would strongly recommend perspective employees and anyone thinking of admitting their family member to interview the staff and management before applying
  more... for any position with Fairhaven, EMA It's not all sunshine and roses like they are trying to sell in their heartwarming commercials.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
few breaks if any unreasonable expectations Communication is seriously lacking
Yeah Right
GNA (Former Employee) –  Sykesville MDFebruary 1, 2014
These 'people' show favourtism to 'certain' people. They resorted me out of the building bc a nurse told them that I was sleeping on the job and other terrible accusations when I wasnt even at the job! They had proof that I didnt even work those days and as I sat there crying to them, all they can say is "sorry. we dont really care..." I was only the job for 1 week....who gets fired on their orientation?

The workers told me to "be careful" because they are out to get certain people. They do pay well however, very well. But you have to watch yourself. You cant even use the bathroom without them reporting you.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Fairhaven
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 2, 2013
I had to work a 12 hr. shift graveyards. I would do my rounds at night make sure everyone was asleep and make sure there needs were taking care of and laundry was washed and put away. Before awaken them I would read menu and set up for breakfast.My co-worker would arrive and mainly everything was done.She would help me with the hardest part which was before breakfast. Get all residence out of bed before breakfast. I enjoyed helping the elderly because i always want to help someone and be the best that I can.
Pros
Loving people at Fairhaven
Cons
Short breaks