Fairleigh Dickinson University Employee Reviews

Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 25, 2015
The place has been very helpful to become a professional and a team player. Fun Place with very supportive management. No politics and a very clean environment for a workplace.
Great learning experience
Office of the Provost (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of answering phones, running errands, filing documents, reformatting documents, and doing any and everything that was needed of me.
Recreation Center Supervisor
Recreation Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 7, 2015
I was responsible for the day to day operations of the Recreation Center. Management included 60 student-staff, 2 racquetball courts, one competition pool, the basketball area, locker rooms, and meeting spaces.
Nice place to work
On-Campus Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 21, 2015
FDU is a nice place to work. Working for the Regional center for the students' with learning disabilities was a great opportunity.
Great experience and character building
Graduate Assistant for Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 8, 2015
While working here, I learned about the necessary skills that are needed to perform within an office and also being able to finish different tasks in a timely manner.
Nice place to work
ADMIN. ASST/OFFICE MANAGER & MEMBERSHIPS (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 4, 2015
The day-to-day within FDU is an absolute pleasure. When the students are not on campus we have an annual meeting/gathering with the entire university staff. We not only resolve many issues, but they have open communication and let us know as a community, where we were, where we're going and how to get us to the next level. Being in the Athletic office, some days it's quite and it allows my day to be more productive than other days when we have a full house.
Management has allowed me to take the reins since I am the first person to greet you in the morning and the last at the end of the day. I also know where someone is or who to contact if someone need additional help. My colleagues have been wonderful. We all have become much better at communicating since there has been a lot of change within the University and also, the athletic department has constant moving parts. I believe if anyone were to ask them what I have done for the department I believe they would say, "We have come together as a team." With that being said, I think it would be safe to say that the biggest challenge I have had was and still is at times is communication. For example, if we had an injury on our turf field with a rental and our site supervisor never told us, we in the end didn't do something right and made the situation more difficult to resolve.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the students. I enjoy being able to help them with things even outside of Athletics.
Time waisting, and dissapointing.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ.April 30, 2015
I loved the idea of working for this institution even within the three days I worked. However due to "Budget cuts" or "Mistakes" of upper management, your job can be on the line, and be let go a day after hire. Unfortunately, they have irresponsible upper management, who don't know what they're doing; hire people that they weren't supposed to and turn around and try to lie about it when they tell you we cant keep you. If ever hired here, I wouldn't trust it due to disorganization. You could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Don't waist your time.
Pros
Good for experience
Cons
No job security at all, due to mistakes of upper management.
Fun workplace with a lot of friendly faces
Event Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 25, 2015
I got to work with many big companies from around the area. An excellent experience to have on a resume. Taught me a lot about time management and pre-planning.
Nice place to work as a student
Student Programmer (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 7, 2015
- Nice place to learn while you study
- Good manager
- Good pay
- Work/Study balance
- Nice work environment
- Supervisors acknowledge your work and explain the requirements clearly
na
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 17, 2015
working full time while a full time student. great school, great advisor and supervisor.
Teaching chemistry to undergraduates.
Professor of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Teaching freshman classes to nurses and pre-med students, undergraduate classes in organic chemistry, graduate classes in organic chemistry, molecular biology, interpretive spectroscopy, synthetic methodology in organic chemistry and natural products chemistry. I developed a program for co-operative education that was adopted as a model program by the American Chemical Society and was elected President of the faculty union (AAUP) and President of the Sigma Xi chapter of the ACS. I was very proud of all of my students with many becoming nurses and entering graduate programs and going to medical school.
Higher Education
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a good place to work with genuinely caring, and mostly competent people in middle to upper management. In my small office, quick and informal interactions are more the norm than formal staff meetings. I've learned that even though everyone is told to work as a team, it is important that each individual does work independently and rely on being a self starter. The hardest part of the job is working through inter-departmental political and personal issues. Because we're a small institution, personalities can get enlarged. The best part of working here is the open door policy that students readily take advantage of. We're a diverse university and getting to work with such an interesting student cohort is very rewarding.
Pros
employee tuition grant
Cons
no room for advancement
Not enough staff support
Aquatics Director and Head Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 16, 2014
The university was not a bad place to work, there just was not enough staff support to help me achieve my job requirements.
routine
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 30, 2014
This is a work study opportunity that the university gives me. I work with the secretary by helping her on patients folders, schedules, fee slips, payments, filing folders, and making necessaries copies. What I like the most of doing this job is that I am constantly doing the same routine and that I also know the system. What I would change about it is having the opportunity to learn more as to the secretary work.
FDU College Work Study
❸ Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJSeptember 19, 2014
My college work study job at FDU was pretty good besides the fact that it was an early shift.
Pros
could multitask and do homework while on the job
Cons
the job only lasts for one semester.
Learning
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Good understanding of basic administrative duties such as handling phone calls and organizing files, conducted data entry tasks and documented reports. Managed reception and front desk duties when required, created and updated records. Copied, filed, sorted and compiled information details of students, Maintained work area clean and organized. Checked and verified work and maintained confidentiality and accuracy; Thorough understanding of performing research activities using a wide array of resources.
Exceptional comprehension of data entry procedures and protocols.
Profound understanding of creating forms, answering emails and distributing mail.
Leadership Coach
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 4, 2014
I lead by example, encouraging my colleagues and constituents to explore each challenge as a valuable opportunity for growth.

My capacity for spatial interpretation allows me a unique perspective on how and why things happen, and the ability to predict outcomes based upon mitigated resource allocation.

Serving each community as though it is the most important is one of my passions when building partnerships across many disciplines.

Let us build a collaborative future together with ideas and a focused vision.
Pros
people make this community
Cons
commute north
Great Benefits as well as job security, working with students and watching them succeed is rewarding.
Freshman Seminar Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 4, 2014
Each day is different, you never know what will come up. I learned to juggle a lot of things at one time without going completely insane. I also learned that common sense is not always applied as one would think. Management and Co-workers are the same everywhere, annoying at times. The hardest part of the job is telling people no, listening to their sad stories and having them cry in my office. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching students grow and succeed. Receiving thank you notes, letters and cards of appreciation.
Pros
free event's and activities, gym access, friday's off in summer
Cons
compensation, too much changing of management, top heavy
Productive environment
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 8, 2014
Great environment, with enjoyable coworkers. My day consisted of answering high volume of telephone calls, filing paperwork, greeting guests, answering related questions, and other secretarial duties.
Overworked Underpaid Antiquated systems
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 28, 2014
Working in the FDU Financial Aid Dept was the worst Job i have ever had. The management was a joke, the processes were terribly conducted bc of a terrible software system, the stress was insane and the pay barely keeps you out of the national poverty index.
Pros
fridays of in the summer.
Cons
everything else.