Fairleigh Dickinson University Employee Reviews

Wonderful place for learning and work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 16, 2016
Many of the employees have been in the institution their entire career, some spanning 40 - 50 years! A great place to work!
Pros
Generous time off
Cons
Pay not up to industry standard
Great university with even greater people
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 29, 2016
Generally an easy job that only became difficult when information was unknown and had to be referenced. Enjoyed giving students valuable feedback to help in their future assignments.
Successful peer tutoring job that allows not only students to expand their knowledge, but also allows them to get to know each other.
Mathematics Department/Science Department Tutor (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work includes helping fellow students in specific school subjects they struggle with for around an hour. It is up to the students to schedule a time that works for them. I learn the different perspectives and ideas that goes through someone else's mind of my age. The hardest part of the job is to express something that comes easy to me and put it in words or terms such that someone else can understand the material. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you successful helped someone and gave them the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Fun but productive environment
Athletic Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMay 22, 2016
Worked many jobs at the university each were beneficial where I learned as well as contributed. Each co-worker worked together to fulfill job requirements and made each day worth being there. The hardest part of the jobs are learning new tasks for they are new but the most enjoyable part is completing tasks successfully.
student job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 14, 2016
good for student job and I didn't have a lot of responsibilities. The company is a school so there are a lot of strict guidelines.
Supervised research sessions
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 9, 2016
Supervised research sessions. The research director was very friendly and flexible with our schedules. It as a great experience to see how research is done.
Adjunct Professor of ESL (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 2, 2016
Great place to work. Management and co-workers wonderful to work alongside. The university IT and other departments responsive and on top of things
It is what it is
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 13, 2016
This was part of the work study. So you get paid minimum of the state hourly wage. Just a good side income if you are living on campus.
Productive, Friendly Environment.
Admissions Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work; I Process Applications, input data, file, fax, answer phone, assemble folder for potential student to be reviewed by the universities counselors'.

The manager is great, she gives me little to no supervision because she knows I exceed any project/task she hands me. Co-workers are great as well if I have a question they don't hesitate to help me out.
Pros
Great people, environment, short commute.
Cons
No room to grow in my dept.
Best part in my life where i learned things which emphasized my skills
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 22, 2016
Well, Monday is a typical day for me after completing celebrations till sunday night, and i will do heavy tasks especially on Mondays.
I have learned couple of things, firstly, interacting with my colleagues and boss, public speaking, suggesting and instructing in a typical situations. Secondly, i got improvised my technical skills.
We are around 20 people in our office, so i used to manage those people diplomatically.
My colleagues are Graduate Students similar to me. We used to work collaborately with more enthusiasm. They helped me in learning any things especially how to interact with other.
I don't think i had a hardest part in my job, atmost i felt hard situation while i was in an meeting with my University Dean about University Website.
I feel the most enjoyable part of job is when i get lot of things to work without sitting idle for long time. Also, the most enjoyable part of my entire job part is when we had Potluck.

Want to know more about Fairleigh Dickinson University?

Ask a question
I loved working and performing on the shows.
Performance and Crew (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 21, 2016
While being a student at FDU, I really enjoyed being able to be a part of so many amazing productions. The school is filled with so much talent.
good place to learn
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 10, 2016
Very good place to work as a team member. I gained good knowledge with this company.I worked closely with team members.
Explore my self as a good team member
A very good place to learn new things..
member of Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 15, 2016
Awesome environment and climate.. Professors are very helpful, FDU provides plenty of campus jobs. Good place to learn and grow.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 25, 2015
The place has been very helpful to become a professional and a team player. Fun Place with very supportive management. No politics and a very clean environment for a workplace.
Great learning experience
Office of the Provost (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of answering phones, running errands, filing documents, reformatting documents, and doing any and everything that was needed of me.
Recreation Center Supervisor
Recreation Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 7, 2015
I was responsible for the day to day operations of the Recreation Center. Management included 60 student-staff, 2 racquetball courts, one competition pool, the basketball area, locker rooms, and meeting spaces.
Nice place to work
On-Campus Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 21, 2015
FDU is a nice place to work. Working for the Regional center for the students' with learning disabilities was a great opportunity.
Great experience and character building
Graduate Assistant for Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 8, 2015
While working here, I learned about the necessary skills that are needed to perform within an office and also being able to finish different tasks in a timely manner.
Nice place to work
ADMIN. ASST/OFFICE MANAGER & MEMBERSHIPS (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 4, 2015
The day-to-day within FDU is an absolute pleasure. When the students are not on campus we have an annual meeting/gathering with the entire university staff. We not only resolve many issues, but they have open communication and let us know as a community, where we were, where we're going and how to get us to the next level. Being in the Athletic office, some days it's quite and it allows my day to be more productive than other days when we have a full house.
Management has allowed me to take the reins since I am the first person to greet you in the morning and the last at the end of the day. I also know where someone is or who to contact if someone need additional help. My colleagues have been wonderful. We all have become much better at communicating since there has been a lot of change within the University and also, the athletic department has constant moving parts. I believe if anyone were to ask them what I have done for the department I believe they would say, "We have come together as a team." With that being said, I think it would be safe to say that the biggest challenge I have had was and still is at times is communication. For example, if we had an injury on our turf field with a rental and our site supervisor never told us, we in the end didn't do something right and made the situation more difficult to resolve.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the students. I enjoy being able to help them with things even outside of Athletics.
Time waisting, and dissapointing.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ.April 30, 2015
I loved the idea of working for this institution even within the three days I worked. However due to "Budget cuts" or "Mistakes" of upper management, your job can be on the line, and be let go a day after hire. Unfortunately, they have irresponsible upper management, who don't know what they're doing; hire people that they weren't supposed to and turn around and try to lie about it when they tell you we cant keep you. If ever hired here, I wouldn't trust it due to disorganization. You could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Don't waist your time.
Pros
Good for experience
Cons
No job security at all, due to mistakes of upper management.