Job Description: Customer Service Tech Commercial Division
CDL w/HAZMAT REQUIRED!!!
Position Summary: This position’s primary responsibility is the delivery, set-up, environmental
safety checks, in-service and/or the pick-up of home medical equipment.
This position interacts with patients, their caregivers and/or family
members and company staff. This position involves the safe handling of
medical waste/contaminated equipment, the use of cleaning chemicals,
lifting, transporting and warehouse related activities. The position handles,
tracks, and disinfects equipment. The position performs building
maintenance functions. Preparing documentation is an integral part
of the activities of this position.
Expected to back up the distribution supervisor in the dispatching,
Scheduling and directing of distribution staff in addition to performing
Purchasing functions as needed.
Reports to: Distribution Supervisor
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Be in the assigned work area, clean, shaven and in full uniform (black, steel-toed shoes,
belt, etc.) at the prescribed starting time.
- Handle the delivery / pick-up of hazardous medical-waste sharps containers using
blood borne pathogen and infection control procedures.
- Safe and appropriate operation of company vehicles.
- Clean home medical equipment, company vehicles, work area or any other assigned
facility locations using the procedures and chemicals provided to ensure safety and
to meet OSHA, FDA, MSDS and JCAHO standards.
- Complete building maintenance projects which may include moving office furniture,
- Receive and store company purchased items using specific purchase order / receiving
procedures and the completion of inventory control paperwork.
- Solo Set-up and pick-up of home medical equipment, oxygen tanks, infusion supplies,
prescriptions, enterals, etc. including hospital bed installations.
- Complete all appropriate paperwork.
- Complete in-home: patient / home safety assessments.
- Complete product demonstrations (with return demonstration).
- Complete preventative maintenance inspections and light equipment maintenance
- Convey to patients and caregivers all necessary information concerning the services
provided and the company.
- Assures that all equipment is functioning properly upon delivery
- Report promptly any equipment hazards, defects or malfunctions according to company
Policies and procedures.
- Complete weekly vehicle inspections.
- Work a schedule that meets the needs of the business
- Work as a member of the 24 / 7 on-call staff.
- Become proficient in the operation of office and technical equipment necessary to perform their duties.
- Pass pre-employment and post accident drug / alcohol screening when deemed
necessary by management.
- Provide I-9 and MVR documentation.
- Accept the company handbook as a condition of employment.
- Follow all applicable company rules, regulations and policies.
- Maintain patient confidentiality according to company policies and procedures, and in
accordance with prevailing regulations and legislation governing patient privacy..
- Accept and complete any job assignment assigned by a member of the management
staff (for which the individual has been properly trained).
- Work the assigned shift and extra hours (when appropriate) to handle the demands of
the business. At no time will any associate not be paid for time worked, and at no time
is an associate allowed to work while off the clock.
- Handle cash to complete transactions.
- CDL w/ HAZMAT endoursement
- Be able to Lift 150lbs
- High School diploma
- Able to work 40hr plus a week
- Good Worker
- Good Attendance