Fairmont Federal Credit Union offers borders beyond Fairmont and benefits beyond banking! We are one of the fastest growing credit unions in West Virginia! Our success has been built on our commitment to the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People"!
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Network Support Specialist!
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Maintains daily operations of LAN, applications and systems.
- Setup, configure and install laptop, desktop PC’s and related software.
- Investigate hardware problems and perform system hardware/software repairs.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems related to various applications.
- Operate and maintain audio/video systems operations.
- Maintain hardware & software inventory and IT-related equipment such as printers and copiers.
- Manages workstation updates to the system and ensures that system is functioning properly and post update.
- Work with vendor support for warranty repairs and issue resolution.
- Log all service requests into the Helpdesk Ticketing System.
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to perform creation and termination of user accounts and password resets in an Active Directory Domain
- Provides effective system virus protection to all workstations and servers.
- Tests and evaluates software and hardware for reliability and functionality.
- (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- 2-5 years of similar or related experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8 Professional
- 2-5 years experience with Microsoft Office, preferably Office 2010/2013
- 2-5 years experience with Windows Server 2003/2008
- 2-5 years VM Ware experience, server provisioning, etc
- 2-5 years of experience with systems monitor and troubleshooting tools
- 2-5 years of experience supporting desktop computers
- Experience troubleshooting printers, fax machines and copiers desired.
- Must be able to set priorities, multitask and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and creativity to resolve issues.
- Strong documentation and research skills.
- Professional maturity to operate independently without constant supervision.
- Self-confidence to present own ideas and perspectives to management.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at every level of the organization
- Work requires standing and walking up to 50% of the time.
- Requires lifting equipment up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Fairmont Federal Credit Union provides career advancement opportunities to its employees. We have a very competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Paid Time Off. Entry level $32k/year; salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employment applications can be downloaded from our website at http://www.fairmontfcu.com/about-us/careers.html. Please mail completed applications to: Fairmont Federal Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources Dept, PO Box 2139, Fairmont WV 26554. Applications can also be submitted at any of our branch locations.