Fairmont General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Good job
Therapist Assistant/Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 29, 2016
I led groups and activities and did some documenting, assessments, and activity planning. I liked working on a multidisciplinary team.
Pros
patient interaction, experience
Cons
job security
Productive fast pace laboratory
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 19, 2015
FMRC is a wonderful small hospital and I love my work with the patients. A typical day starts at 5AM with in-house draws and starting at 7AM we open for out-patients. There is 1 full-time Phlebotomist and 1 casual Phlebotomist. I have learned a lot about the different test that are drawn on a routine basis. I have awesome coworkers. The hardest part of this job is training Lab Tech students to draw blood when they have no skills or interest in drawing blood.
Reassuring our patients that we will not let the student hurt them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients. I love patient contact and also love drawing blood. Being able to reassure patients that are hard sticks that I have the skills needed to draw their blood with ease.
Pros
Working with Patients and using my professional skills
Cons
Lab is using Lab Techs instead of Phlebotomists on a daily basis to do draws, therefore there is no chance for advancement.
It was a nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 1, 2015
Enjoyed working there and with the doctors. Would enjoy still being there but decided to be a stay home wife. Considered going back but checking into other options right now.
My review at the Hospital
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 25, 2015
My typical work day would start early and end in the mid afternoon.There was never a dull moment at the hospital.My co-workers would always lend a hand when needed and I would do the same . I learned that there is no I in team.If everyone works together the job will get done.

The hardest part of the the job was there was alot of working involved and that I am no longer working there,I loved it there and wish that I could go back.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I may an impact on my co workers and that at the end of the day I did a great job.
Pros
flexible hours, 1 hr lunch break, great atmosphere for learning, my coworkers are the best, great supervisors in housekeeping and laboratory.
Cons
the drive to work was a half and hour and there were only certain areas you could park
Great Place to work
Registrar/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 11, 2014
Working face to face wtih patients was very rewarding to me. I also enjoyed working as switchboard operator when needed. I verified insurance, collected copays, registered patients for ER and outpaitent. Coworkers were grest
Pros
working face to face with patients and their family
Cons
infant deaths
out-dated, management poor at times
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 12, 2014
over-staffed, management poor at times. out-dated hospital
Going downhill fast
Hardware Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJune 17, 2014
There is no morale - lowest it has been since I started over 2 years ago
Pros
fairly good people throughout different departments
Cons
management has no backbone or effective/proper communication
FGH is by far the best Employer I have ever had!
CNA/ EKG/EEG/EMG Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WV 26554June 4, 2014
FGH not walk through the hallways without being greeted. I worked there for five years. I received The most education and background from this hospital. Highly recommend!!!
Pros
friendly work enviornment
Great place to work with a great staff.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 11, 2014
I never didn't want to go to work. I enjoyed my time with this company. Everyday was fun and different. Management was great and my co-workers were as well. Great team environment. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after others but the most enjoyable part was the people.
good people as far as employees
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 25, 2013
decent place to work, however, there is very little consistency and organizaton. constant changes with no communication to all employees in the department
Pros
approachable staff
Cons
horrible health coverage
Patient Access
Registrar I (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 6, 2013
I love working with people and meeting new people each day I truly enjoyed this job and should have stayed employed with this company
Productive fun place to work
Hardware Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 11, 2012
Outstanding opportunity to learn and gain valuable insight and knowledge of daily operations of healthcare and IT in the healthcare industry
Pros
a little more freedom than most places. on-call pay
Cons
payscale is not conducive to the it industry (no pay raises)
Productive and fun/professional workplace
Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 22, 2012
I worked in an adult psychiatric unit. The work environment was fast paced but maintained stability. Staff on the unit were wonderful to work with, as well as the patients.
benefits
Social workplace with good benefits.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 1, 2012
A good day at work would be taking care of my patients getting everything they needed answering phone calls and doing the daily duties of a CNA.
Pros
good benefits
Very educational place to work. Staff and doctors are very willing to assist young nurses in learning.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 31, 2012
Very good experience. Very organized and efficient. Staff is very helpful and knowledgable.
Avoid!
H (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 5, 2012
Not a good place to work. The hospital is poorly ran with poor management all around. Job security is little to none as their have been numerious layoffs recently. Work-life balance is terrible. Hospital is so understaffed you will be bothered at home frequently.
Cons
healthcare, low moral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9