Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Hotel with bungalows and a nightclub
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 30, 2016
A typical day consisted of food and drink service while maintaining hotel standards. I learned a lot about how the union works, and it's ability to control an establishment. Management was very poor and represented the brand poorly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of knowledge management had, but I enjoyed my colleagues.
This job is awesome, I love it!
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2016
Honestly this is the best job I have ever worked. The company has good benefits, free food, and opportunities to grow if you like, and move around the company; or you can stay at the same position if you want. The management is really nice and are always usually on top of things if you have a concern.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Gets slow in winter
Great place to work, employees are always smiling.
Guest Services - Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, HIDecember 8, 2015
I love working at the Fairmont Orchid, management, staff and co-workers are awesome. Currently on leave due to the fact that the position I had there required me to stand for 8 hours straight and I have a bad back and couldn't do it. I'm now waiting for a transfer to another department where I can sit for most of my shift. Keeping my fingers crossed that the transfer happens soon.
Pros
Free meals, clean uniforms everyday, happy employees
Cons
standing on my feet for 8 hours straight with a bad back
great place to work
Room Attendant/Houseman (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Very great management friendly enviroment to work in great company to work for they are very conscious about the employees needs and feelings and also paid fair!!! I loved working for this company
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
not very flexible with schedule
Would assist all guest checking into the hotel and escort them with their luggage to the room
Doorman/Bellman (Former Employee) –  24th and M st Washington DCDecember 2, 2015
I would check in and check out all guests. It was a great hotel with great managers. Very clean and beautiful hotel. I would recommend to anyone who wants to work in hotels.
Pros
Free food and great employee locker room
Fun place to work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 31, 2016
Great job, wish I did not have to leave. But due to the hours I was scheduled, it did not work out. They have great hospitality and I would work for them or travel and stay at their resort in the future.
Good people
Convention Services Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Wonderful experience. Amazing people, beautiful environment, comfortable working conditions, fair compensation, opportunities for advancement, opportunities to work abroad.
Reception Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 16, 2015
I owe my customer service skills, and knowledge of computers to my previous job experiences, I now feel prepared for an upper management position.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Insurance
fun workplace
Bell Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2015
Assisted guest with there luggage
delivered newspapers and all provisions to guest to guest room
assisted in communicating with guest request accurately to all relevant department
Pros
good food in cafeteria
Cons
healthcare
Hotel first, Guests second, Colleagues third.
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 6, 2015
Quite simply put: The Princess puts their brand name first and foremost. Management are constantly worrying about how their perceived on yelp and other guest reviews. Then they're worried about trying to be perceived better than the other hotels within the chain. After that they appease any and all angry guests in an effort to keep point one on the up and up. Finally they look after their employees with subpar food and the occasional giveaway that always caters to the staff that upper management prefers.
Freat people to work for with generous benefits
Laundry Worker and housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Anaconda, MTJune 22, 2015
Atypical day is do a lot of hard work. I have learned how to get a long with people that have been there a long time and are territorial and set in there ways. It can be a hard place to work but after you get used to it you learn to adapt. The hardest part of the job is trying ti get caught on laundry after it has been very busy. the best part is being in the country where it is peaceful and quiet and has beautiful scenery. You also feel that the owners appreciate your hard work.
Pros
The retirement benefits give you some security
Cons
The cons are the bad road conditions in the winter
Productivly Fun
Customer Service Rep/ Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJune 20, 2015
At Fairmont Hot Springs I learned how to be a part of a team. I learned how to deal with customer complaints, counting tills, and serving food in a fast pace environment in the Snack Bar. Everyone at the resort got treated very nicely by management. The hardest part of my job was multi-tasking on the weekend when it got super busy, but it was also the best part of the job because I learned how to deal with it and it was more entertaining to work hard and at a fast pace.
Pros
Free lunches, Comp Hotel Rooms, Breaks.
high speed action packed work place
Lead Chef (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 5, 2015
Had great time learning and honing lots of the skills I have now. Great Management and staff support. I would recommend working here and staying here.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
pay
hard work dishwashing but did it for the money
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 6, 2015
hard work dishwashing but someone has to do it tho, i cant say i love it but i worked there for the money and because i needed a job,i learned nothing from hear but the same just howto clean dishes fast and effiecient, the most enjoyable part of the day is lunch being able to eat after hard work but i felt i wasnt getting anywere because i only worked part time and i didnt have that many hours at the job
Pros
free lunches take home extra food that was left over
Cons
no opportunity for advancement or raises or more hours to work
produtive work place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2015
I love to talk to different people on a daily base my job was to check guest in and out of the hotel handle all guest request making reservation answering the phone connect calls to the right department booking appointment at the spa I never hard day at work because I love my jobs and all my managers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
i dont have any cons
Great company
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Newport BeachMay 30, 2015
If you are in a colleague position and are not in a senior position you can expect an inconsistent schedule. It is your typical hospitality environment where managers work 50 hour weeks.There is a lot of opportunity to cross-train and getting to the corporate level is competitive as expected.
Exciting place to work- something new everyday.
Assistant Outlets Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
While my time at Fairmont was short it opened my eyes to the hotel industry. While challenging at times I was always able to find satisfaction in my work. Working at such a high end business hotel I learned how to increase my service to fit the needs of the guests. As a manager of such a large and diverse team I learned how to prioritize my day and accomplish my job duties as well as keepig the staff happy.
I wish that Farimont would have been more concerned with work life balance and also paid their employees more competitive wages.
Pros
a great product and endless opportunities for growth.
Cons
little concern for work life balance and lots of staff turnover
Team work? Just speech
Cook (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2016
I had a wonderfull training for 3 days. Where I felt I should give my best because I thought I was entering to the maximum level. After a couple of month I started to realized that I was giving more importance to this place than anyone else. It works like an state, hte type of organization. Everything is correct, and that is it, every memeber is taking care of what say or not say. May be that is ok, but there is something, cheffs and sous cheffs (not all but most of them) are like TV Shows. It looks like you have to be stressed and make you feel an idiot. From the beggining they encourage you to ask again and again if you dont understand, but if you do, even the first one, they will make you feel stupid or they look at you as you should know if you are working in a place like that.
Compensation is ok, if you get $17 as a cook, is not bad, but you can get that or more than that with tips in many other places.
If someone says to you "TeamWork" be ready, because be sure they are going to try make you work for them. (that runs for every place, but here you listen that all the time). Do not even try to improve something, nobody is going to listen you.
Get your money, do what they say, get your bennefits and go home safe. Everything is huge speech, a huge marketing machine that works because everyone believes or are afraid of....
I can tell, it is great for your resume. Once I left it, it works really well for get interviews,
Pros
Resume, Free Lunches, clean clothes, fair payment
Cons
Make you feel stupid, no feedback, no sensitive, team works is lie, you are not you.
professional workplace
Royal Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2015
I was a reservation agent/hotel operator who on average spoke with 100 people a day. I learned to treat others kindly despite how they treat you. We never know what they are going through. I had the best managers in the entire world who really took interest in me. My co workers reflected our Fairmont Culture. The hardest part was the inconsistent scheduling. I mostly enjoyed my co workers and administration. I hope to bring what they taught me to my next team.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
inconsistent scheduling
stupid
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2015
when i first started working i though this was the company to be at! they claimed with brainwashing training that everyone is like a family.
a month into a job they started to show their true colors I was going thru hardest times of my life my dad passing away and during about a period of 2-3 weeks i kept being bothered from some managers why i'm not shaving everyday in maintime sometimes i had to go from hospital straight to work and they knew it! so instead of offering support and sympathy they offered to write me up for not shaving everyday and then they send you to training on how to think like a family and all that non-sense.
Pros
skme really nice co-workers
Cons
shaving policy is their religion and strickly followed. some managers.

4.3