Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

Hand-crafted Signs for the Fairmont Pittsburgh
FREELANCE ARTIST (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2015
I go to the Fairmont hotel once a week to make the weekly soup menu for Andy's Wine Bar. I love being able to express my talents with very little parameters. It has been a wonderful experience working for such a beautiful hotel in downtown Pittsburgh.
Unorganized
Royal Service Supervisor (Former Employee), pittsburgh, paFebruary 20, 2015
They got shut down but there was no organization. The guy called me literally 3 minutes after putting in my resume and hire me on the spot. no background check, no application, nothing. I could have been a convict and he would have hired me.
Awesome place to work
Supervisor Barista (Current Employee), Scottsdale ArizonaFebruary 17, 2015
I loved working here, the hours are not too bad. Staff is great. There are so many opportunities to move up, which is fantastic
Housekeeping/ Spa Attendant
Housekeeping/ Spa Attendant (Former Employee), Sonoma, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Monitoring and keeping the spa clean, clean the gym and fitness room, clean toilets, clean shower stalls, clean sinks, collect trash restock towels, take out dirty laundry.
Good hotel but don't hope for promotion or transfer.
Employee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, clean hotel
Cons: clickish management
Overall it wasn't a bad place to work. Decent pay, decent benefits, liked my coworkers a lot, and most managers were ok. There were people there that really wanted to do more and were good choices for other jobs, BUT they would only help their favorites. If you didn't rank among them, forget it. Whenever someone went to upper management or HR for help, they turned it around on that person. Half of the time management and HR spent looking into an ethics line complaints was trying to figure out who made the call. You should have read those "investigations" summaries. One page on looking into the complaint and one page on trying to figure out who dared to call. Housekeeping and banquets weren't bad, but the front desk guys and royal service were always getting fired for dumb stuff or run out. Always new faces there. New managers too. Pittsburgh Fairmont was kinda like a training hotel for managers. They'd come in for two years then run to bigger properties. If HR didn't like you, you'd never leave a server or bellman gig.
An awesome place to work
Conference Concierge Services (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2014
I work with the nicest and hard working colleagues. This job definitely keeps you on your toes with all of the groups we have in house. The biggest challenge is when we have multiple groups in house at the same time, and it's just being organized and very detail-oriented with the needs and wants for each group.
Wonderful Culture and People
Assistant Director, Human Resources (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: discounted travel around the world
A dynamic and fast paced work environment that will challenge you to learn and grow. Limitless opportunities for career advancement around the globe.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 22, 2014
cleaning rooms making beds,cleaning tubs,sweeping,moping and dusting
Job Summary
Royal Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, P.A.November 21, 2014
Managed as the first official house attendant

Created daily operations as house attendant

Assisted with services to guest rooms, public areas, executive offices, and employee corridors.

Ensured room attendants were supplied adequately, chemicals, linens, dishes

Performed floor cleaning/waxing, carpet extractions, both chemical and linen inventory/stocking, and guest room deliveries

Acquired and performed every position entitled to Housekeeping department

Provided and Oversaw training to over nine employees to preform all job duties
Best Hospitality Provider in Pittsburgh
Concierge (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 11, 2014
Pros: meals provided, benefits, compensation
Cons: work hours, parking accommodations
Working at Fairmont Pittsburgh was very rewarding. The brand new hotel sits in the perfect location for its guests to experience the best of Pittsburgh. Working within the front office of the hotel exposes one to many diverse people. Family like atmosphere when it comes to the co-workers - Fantastic part of the company.
fun and rewarding.
Banquet Supervisor(Management level) (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, recognize great performance, great equipment.
Cons: need props .
meet all the clients, to embrace any situation and make the best of it. great management, coworkers like a family, when we had unexpected overflow and room had it full capacity...Enjoyable moment; when we meet the client and made sure they satisfied and they wowing our great service.
Beautiful Property
Director of Bars and Pool Operations (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
Terrific HR department, operations leadership needs improvement
Professional
Banquet Captain (Former Employee), Kamuela, HIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: uniforms
fast paced
high standards of customer service
good training
all coworkers share same sense of work culture
meeting new from all over the world
Fast-paced work environment with a great sense of teamwork.
Server (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits; friendly coworkers; flexible hours.
Cons: inconsistant schedule; inattentive managers.
I have worked as a server at the Fairmont Hotel for over four years and in that time have learned how to effectively multi-task, as well as provide excellent customer service.

I start my day setting up the restaurant by organizing tables and restocking all necessary inventory. It is crucial to always have a positive attitude and go above and beyond for the my guests. A friendly demeanor is not only important for customers but creating an enjoyable environment for my colleagues, as well. I have found that being well prepared at the start of the day will ripple throughout my entire shift, ensuring I provide guests with the best possible service. It can be difficult to manage so many guests' needs at once. However, as long as I am well organized and keep a clear head I always prevail. Because of this mentality, I have learned to thrive during our busiest days.

The best part of my job is being able to work with people, from coworkers to guests. Positive interactions with people go a long way and can be very rewarding.
nice place to work
Chef (Former Employee), Sonoma, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: great co-workers
great work environment ,A great place to stay and work,management was very french driven, Quality control,Quality control.
Fast and Fun Workplace
Massage Therapist/Receptionist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: diverse clientele, opportunity to maneuver schedule, close to transit
Cons: no insurance and non salary pay
The spa at Fairmont is a very beautiful and serene spa. Here I have had been given free reign to display my impeccable massaging abilities. Working at this spa has afforded me the opportunity to meet and work with other smart and talented therapist. It is a complete family enviornment. At moments, the spa traffic does slow down, but management steps in to try to "CREATE" business, which shows wonderful managerial ability! Outside of working with a great spa team, the clients are absolutely THE BEST! Working at a five star hotel has also allowed me to work on so many different type of clients and body types... Which is a plus for me.. Field Experience!
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2014
Good place to work at but the work load was too much for me. The best part was being able to communicate with different people from different departments.
Productive and fun workplace
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2014
Great company and culture. Staff and guests are great! Challenged on a day to day basis.
Wonderful Experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: genuinely positive and caring company culture
Cons: none worth mentioning
I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in the Hospitality Industry consider Fairmont as among their first choices to explore. The possibilities are endless.
Laid back, comfortable work environment
Resort Operator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 19, 2014
Pros: the guests going out of thier way to tell us how great their stay was
Cons: working night shift. running reports
A typical day consists of answering phone calls from guests, running audit reports and helping the front desk if needed. I learned that working in the resort industry is a job that you have to be dedicate to, but is worth it knowing that you have helped out so many people. My manager was really understanding and did whatever she could to make sure that we were all happy and that we understood our daily tasks. The hardest part of the job was making sure that i listened to special requests from the guests and stayed on top of their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing from our guests what a great stay they had

1 2 3

About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties – Read more

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Photos