Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2014
Great company and culture. Staff and guests are great! Challenged on a day to day basis.
productive and fun workplace with footbakll
chep de partie (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJune 18, 2014
Pros: free internet
Cons: on cons
I work in Fairmont Dubai from 6 years in all dinning restaurant and I have experience 6-10 in hospitality
Wonderful Experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: genuinely positive and caring company culture
Cons: none worth mentioning
I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in the Hospitality Industry consider Fairmont as among their first choices to explore. The possibilities are endless.
Laid back, comfortable work environment
Resort Operator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 19, 2014
Pros: the guests going out of thier way to tell us how great their stay was
Cons: working night shift. running reports
A typical day consists of answering phone calls from guests, running audit reports and helping the front desk if needed. I learned that working in the resort industry is a job that you have to be dedicate to, but is worth it knowing that you have helped out so many people. My manager was really understanding and did whatever she could to make sure that – more... we were all happy and that we understood our daily tasks. The hardest part of the job was making sure that i listened to special requests from the guests and stayed on top of their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing from our guests what a great stay they had – less
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK AT, BEAUTIFUL PROPERTY WITH FANTASTIC PEOPLE
Conference Service Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 22, 2014
One of my favorite hotels, a fantastic group of talented people who work together and make it the best for everyone around. Great family to be part of, would work for this company in a heartbeat!
Your big operation with lots of activities.
Banquet bartender (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Great team work with professionals. Love working with the people.
Tri-State Valet (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Good place to work. I would recommend working here. When it get's busy everyone will help get the job done.
I enjoyed after work they had a recreation room we could use and a gym.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: good workout and beautiful hotel
Cons: no compaints.
I was expected to push cart carrying all linens and toiletries, the cart could weigh up to 200 lbs, and was responsible to clean a certain amount of rooms in an 8 hr. shift,assist customers.
Beautiful hotel with lots of culture BUT lousy management
Front Office (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 26, 2013
Pros: beautiful hotel with lots of culture and nice co workers
Cons: bad manangement
This is a beautiful hotel located in the heart of Boston. Its a great piece of culture. Associates at this hotel work very hard but are understaffed and overworked. The most enjoyable part of the job are your co workers. The least enjoyable part of the job is management. They do not believe in staffing properly and have no problem in over working you. – more... Lunches are not encouraged. I can go on and on but will leave my dissatisfaction there. Not a good hotel to work for in my opinion. – less
More Bad then Good
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: three people that worked with.
Cons: the management
A normal day at the Fairmont Pittsburgh Hotel consisted of performing the cleaning duties on my check list. I also had to service the function rooms when groups came to the Hotel.

When I started with the company everything was fine. Then however, the company began to show it's true colors. When my first Mgr and Director of my department left the company – more... and a new Mgr and Director came on, I was given duties that took me away from performing the duties which were more important than others. I was given even more duties as the Director stopped using services, (as in paying for), that I need to get certain things done. This was done to make himself look good for the company and receive his bonus. Other departments also treat they"re employee's in a most unfair fashion. Hence the need of the employees joining a union, which was pretty useless.

Fairmont is the worst company I have ever worked for and would not recommend them to anyone.

The best part of the job was making 3 friends who worked as hard as I did, and had the same interests as I. – less
Everyday is an adventure in luxury hospitality
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 11, 2013
Working with with great people all converging everyday for a common goal; to make the customer happy and satisfied. I learned how to better hone my selling skills and be apart of a team that works hard to make a luxury brand successful and competitive in an ever growing city.The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything comes together and the – more... client is satisfied, the hardest part of the job is when you have to say no to someone which in the hospitality field is the absolute last resort. – less
Great company to work for.
PBX Operator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 7, 2013
Pros: the co-workers are wonderful.
The most enjoyable part of my job is creating loyal hotel guests.
Unfortunate bottlenecking
Owner & Guest Services (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMOctober 28, 2013
Pros: owners are wonderful, invites to special events, great colleaugues
Cons: middle management
A lot of buck passing with the middle management, so the one can sit on the computer and look at ESPN & Facebook.
The other (Rental Department) has little attention to details, a lot of blame placing instead of accountability. Passes the buck in order to make sure things get done right, very toxic.
Creme de la Creme
Banquet Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 26, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: not enough pay.
Fairmount is one of the most exclusive chain hotels in the United States with a five star rating. This is where I honed alot of my skills.
Fairmont
Travel Agent Accountant Commission Payable (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: our reputation for service
Cons: walking up sf hills when the cable cars were down
I was responsible for communications to our travel agency's that world book the Fairmont Hotel and answer any question on commissions . I learned that service is the utmost importance for repeat bookings, It was not easy when the travel agents client had a unpleasant stay and it was my job to research as to what happen and reassure that every action – more... was taken to resolve the issue. A happy travel travel agent is repeat business for our property and also friendships and trust were establish – less
Great to work here, but management was not the best.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Santa MonicaAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free benefits, union
Cons: no set parking, bad management
Learned a lot from a culinary aspect. The hardest part about the job was that there was no team. You would be left to fend for yourself. The most enjoyable part was that you were able to learn and grow.
horrible place
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: horrible managers
Infrastucture is old and rotting away multiple pipe leaks repaired quickly cheaply and not going to last
Hotels
Human Resources Employment Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2013
Hotels can be a very fun environment! If you are open to the NON monday-friday schedule, this is the place for you!
Hard place to work, long hours, and Arabs tend to not have much tact shall we say, like they would call me over (the exec chef) and say "get me coffee
Executive head chef (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJune 12, 2013
Pros: my own recipes on the menu, and actually train the staff on them, as training is my favourite part of the job, and then the satisfaction of seeing them produce my idea, as good if not better than i did it myself!, but i'm not too proud to be upset about that, in fact i was proud that they had paid attention so well!!
Cons: i worked all the time, was in from about seven in the morning, and left at about 11pm, with one day off a week, the accommodation was appalling, and i never knew who i reported to from one daqy to the next.
I was shocked at first at the Arab way of doing things!! They want you to run before you can walk, but it taught me a lot, also the staff were completely multi-national, so that was challenging, I had to stop numerous fights in the kitchen!, But once they got used to me they would do anything for me. I'm not a chef who shouts and screams in the kitchen. – more... I believe that when you start doing that you are no longer enjoying yourself, and then maybe its time to look at a new career! I love cooking, its my passion, I also always have my own little vegetable and herb garden wherever I am, that's another passion of mine, besides Soccer of course!! The problem with the place was too many chiefs and not enough Indians, I could hardly tell on a day to day basis who I reported to! But what I love about it was that I put in a lot of my own recipes, and often got called out to talk to the guests, which I love also. And the fact that my carrot cake became so famous that the Saudi royal family sent a plane out for it once a week!! I would love to send you some references and photos of my food, people tend to think that us south Africans are behind, but I was in the S.A chefs Olympics team where we came second to Australia!! It had a staff canteen, I learned international cuisine that I never thought I would, such as Nepalese! Management were confused and not focused, my co-workers were all of different nati0onalities which made it interesting, the hardest part of the job was being tired all the time as I had very few hours off, the best part of the job was putting in my own recipes, and interacting with guests. – less
Wonderful place to work for; full of history
Barista (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches and benefits
Cons: no employee parking
A typical day at Cafe Cento in the Fairmont Hotel is handling locals, hotel guests, and tourists orders from the cafe. Some things I have learned at this company was how to serve guests in the hospitality industry, being able to go above and beyond your skills and finishing your daily job tasks at the same time. Management team is very supportive and – more... always recognizes their employees hard work. Co-workers maintained a good working enviroment and made me always look forward to working. The hardest part of the job, to me, is to not want to leave work. I liked working here so much because of the family autmosphere that The Fairmont has, that makes me want to stick around and help the flow of the business. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a land mark with so much history and witnessing all the great things that take place at such a historic hotel. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties – Read more

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Photos