Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Freat people to work for with generous benefits
Laundry Worker and housekeeper (Current Employee), Anaconda, MTJune 22, 2015
Pros: The retirement benefits give you some security
Cons: The cons are the bad road conditions in the winter
Atypical day is do a lot of hard work. I have learned how to get a long with people that have been there a long time and are territorial and set in there ways. It can be a hard place to work but after you get used to it you learn to adapt. The hardest part of the job is trying ti get caught on laundry after it has been very busy. the best part is being in the country where it is peaceful and quiet and has beautiful scenery. You also feel that the owners appreciate your hard work.
Productivly Fun
Customer Service Rep/ Lifeguard (Former Employee), Butte, MTJune 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Comp Hotel Rooms, Breaks.
At Fairmont Hot Springs I learned how to be a part of a team. I learned how to deal with customer complaints, counting tills, and serving food in a fast pace environment in the Snack Bar. Everyone at the resort got treated very nicely by management. The hardest part of my job was multi-tasking on the weekend when it got super busy, but it was also the best part of the job because I learned how to deal with it and it was more entertaining to work hard and at a fast pace.
SUNDAY FUNDAY
COFFEE BREAK CAPTAIN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 16, 2015
A typical work day here is a normal day anywhere. Its very nice and well being. The people are friendly an very well trained. It was fun while it lasted.
Great company
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Newport BeachMay 30, 2015
If you are in a colleague position and are not in a senior position you can expect an inconsistent schedule. It is your typical hospitality environment where managers work 50 hour weeks.There is a lot of opportunity to cross-train and getting to the corporate level is competitive as expected.
produtive work place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: i dont have any cons
I love to talk to different people on a daily base my job was to check guest in and out of the hotel handle all guest request making reservation answering the phone connect calls to the right department booking appointment at the spa I never hard day at work because I love my jobs and all my managers
hard work dishwashing but did it for the money
Dishwasher (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches take home extra food that was left over
Cons: no opportunity for advancement or raises or more hours to work
hard work dishwashing but someone has to do it tho, i cant say i love it but i worked there for the money and because i needed a job,i learned nothing from hear but the same just howto clean dishes fast and effiecient, the most enjoyable part of the day is lunch being able to eat after hard work but i felt i wasnt getting anywere because i only worked part time and i didnt have that many hours at the job
Fairmont Hotel. A luxurious place to work
Guest Services-Bellman/Doorman (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: health insurance, vision, dental. discounted rooms, free food
Cons: must pay for parking ($5)
The Fairmont takes care of its workers. Very supportive family type of environment. Your voice is heard and you are appreciated for every little thing you do. It's great.
up and downs ..
HEAD BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: I certantly learned so much
Cons: Managers
great School....so many years of my life in that place....but every thing has in ends...........................................................................
it was a great place to work , the mamager empower everybody to provide an outstanding service to the guest.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), 19999 west country drive Aventura fl. 33180April 5, 2015
always aware and adjust our service delivery to our guest's pace, preferences and needs.

friendly and timely service to guests, and service professionals.
Fairmont is a Class Act....!
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: learning, training, development
Cons: none...!
Fairmont is a classy place to work...! Great five star atmosphere and they really know how to treat their guests and employees...!
Exciting place to work- something new everyday.
Assistant Outlets Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: a great product and endless opportunities for growth.
Cons: little concern for work life balance and lots of staff turnover
While my time at Fairmont was short it opened my eyes to the hotel industry. While challenging at times I was always able to find satisfaction in my work. Working at such a high end business hotel I learned how to increase my service to fit the needs of the guests. As a manager of such a large and diverse team I learned how to prioritize my day and accomplish my job duties as well as keepig the staff happy.
I wish that Farimont would have been more concerned with work life balance and also paid their employees more competitive wages.
professional workplace
Royal Service Agent (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: inconsistent scheduling
I was a reservation agent/hotel operator who on average spoke with 100 people a day. I learned to treat others kindly despite how they treat you. We never know what they are going through. I had the best managers in the entire world who really took interest in me. My co workers reflected our Fairmont Culture. The hardest part was the inconsistent scheduling. I mostly enjoyed my co workers and administration. I hope to bring what they taught me to my next team.
Best job ever
Human Resource Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free dry cleaning, free nights at any fairmont resorts, free parking.
The hotel itself honored to their employees they felt that with happy employees their were happy customers, they honored their employees every chance, bonuses, activities, fund raisers, formal events, etc..... if it was not for hurricane Katrina I know I would still be employed.
stupid
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: skme really nice co-workers
Cons: shaving policy is their religion and strickly followed. some managers.
when i first started working i though this was the company to be at! they claimed with brainwashing training that everyone is like a family.
a month into a job they started to show their true colors I was going thru hardest times of my life my dad passing away and during about a period of 2-3 weeks i kept being bothered from some managers why i'm not shaving everyday in maintime sometimes i had to go from hospital straight to work and they knew it! so instead of offering support and sympathy they offered to write me up for not shaving everyday and then they send you to training on how to think like a family and all that non-sense.
Hand-crafted Signs for the Fairmont Pittsburgh
FREELANCE ARTIST (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2015
I go to the Fairmont hotel once a week to make the weekly soup menu for Andy's Wine Bar. I love being able to express my talents with very little parameters. It has been a wonderful experience working for such a beautiful hotel in downtown Pittsburgh.
Unorganized
Royal Service Supervisor (Former Employee), pittsburgh, paFebruary 20, 2015
They got shut down but there was no organization. The guy called me literally 3 minutes after putting in my resume and hire me on the spot. no background check, no application, nothing. I could have been a convict and he would have hired me.
Awesome place to work
Supervisor Barista (Current Employee), Scottsdale ArizonaFebruary 17, 2015
I loved working here, the hours are not too bad. Staff is great. There are so many opportunities to move up, which is fantastic
Housekeeping/ Spa Attendant
Housekeeping/ Spa Attendant (Former Employee), Sonoma, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Monitoring and keeping the spa clean, clean the gym and fitness room, clean toilets, clean shower stalls, clean sinks, collect trash restock towels, take out dirty laundry.
Good hotel but don't hope for promotion or transfer.
Employee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, clean hotel
Cons: clickish management
Overall it wasn't a bad place to work. Decent pay, decent benefits, liked my coworkers a lot, and most managers were ok. There were people there that really wanted to do more and were good choices for other jobs, BUT they would only help their favorites. If you didn't rank among them, forget it. Whenever someone went to upper management or HR for help, they turned it around on that person. Half of the time management and HR spent looking into an ethics line complaints was trying to figure out who made the call. You should have read those "investigations" summaries. One page on looking into the complaint and one page on trying to figure out who dared to call. Housekeeping and banquets weren't bad, but the front desk guys and royal service were always getting fired for dumb stuff or run out. Always new faces there. New managers too. Pittsburgh Fairmont was kinda like a training hotel for managers. They'd come in for two years then run to bigger properties. If HR didn't like you, you'd never leave a server or bellman gig.
An awesome place to work
Conference Concierge Services (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2014
I work with the nicest and hard working colleagues. This job definitely keeps you on your toes with all of the groups we have in house. The biggest challenge is when we have multiple groups in house at the same time, and it's just being organized and very detail-oriented with the needs and wants for each group.