Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Disorganized.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
Lack of Training. How on earth was co-worker to explain things to me while also trying to service the Guests?
Existing Employee could speak up and suggest to the Director that would like to help out with training the New Hires.
After all, many Managers are, themselves often promoted without Management training. And so the cycle goes..
Schedule changes every week, could be difficult to make plans.
No spare Computer station for training, typical Hotel background scene.
Pros
Pay Scale, Cafeteria.
Cons
Absent leadership, poor training, night shift could be manipulative depends on the Manager.
Front desk, pool, golf shop
Golf Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaconda, MTJune 12, 2017
A typical day was pretty busy. You are customer service and catering to the members needs. I overall enjoyed the members at Fairmont. They were my favorite part of the job. They are all very friendly. In management the members would get treated very poorly.
Pros
Free lunch, the members
Cons
Pay, management
It was a nice place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  AcapulcoMay 15, 2017
Great company, great culture, not so good benefits.
Growing professionally is not good at the heritage place since is not part of the hotels worldwide. The heritage places at Fairmont are managed separately.
Pros
Free lunches, discount fees
Cons
Lack of healthcare benefits and compensations
Great crew poor management
Risk Management Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 6, 2017
Management extremely rude and disrespectful. Team members are great and truly work as a team. The poor management starts with the director of human resources who is poor at her job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management
Behind the times
Senior Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 1, 2017
Once was a proud and luxury brand, it's been bought and changed management companies a few times, most recently Accor- lots of transition happening now.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Old Systems
Beautiful environment to work in with a kind caring Director and great like-minded colleagues
Lead Therapist Supervisor / Treatment Manager (Current Employee) –  Kamuela, HIApril 30, 2017
The Fairmont is a wonderful company to work with. They truly care about their colleagues; balance in work and personal, opportunity to learn and grow, recognition,and training,
Pros
Excellent training.
Great place to work!
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2017
i have worked for the company for a significant amount of time and am always challenged and given uncountable opportunities to learn.
would recommend the organization to all that are driven to succeed.
great school to learn
HEAD BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2017
great time, great experience, fun place to work, I did learn how to sell myself to customer; be more confidence , leadership , team player , result customer concerns,
Pros
great school...
Cons
very low appreciation to employees
Work as a Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2017
Fairmont is the best opportunity for working in the hospitality industry in Pittsburgh. The Executive staff are knowledgeable, fair and great to work with. There is definitely and opportunity for growth.
Great Place
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 12, 2017
Great place to work staff was highly skilled in their job description and treated everyone like they were somebody. There was room for advancement and the company encouraged it.
Excellent Guest Service
Hotel Admin Assistant/Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 11, 2017
The Fairmont Hotel Newport Beach, California is one of the best place I have ever worked for. It was an amazing experience. I was lucky to meet so many interesting peoples from all over the States and the World. I had the opportunity to learn so much about the different departments in the Hotel business. As a Front Desk/Business Center Coordinator, our first mission was to greet our guest and serve the guest by going above an beyond. the motto of the hotel was : " Turning Moments into Memories". I always admired the management at that hotel. I have learned a lot from them such as punctuality, dedication, and commitment. They were always available to answer any questions whether it's a guest or an employee concerns. The hardest part of the job was the long hours standing and sometimes the need to work late at night. But overall, I enjoyed the whole experince and I was thankful to be given such opportunity to learn about the hospitality business.
Pros
Excellent Free Lunches and snacks
Cons
Long hours standing
Always free food down stairs
Bellman (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2017
It's an okay job work environment is nice management changes to much but the ones we have are nice this job just has you helping very kind people with bags up to there room and on slow days can be boring
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough work hours
work
Night Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
a typical day consists of a meeting at the begining of the shift, then you go on to collect supplies and carts. you are given room keys for the rooms you will be cleaning
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great interaction with guests.
In House Calligraphic artist (Current Employee) –  Banff Springs ( Calligraphy in the castle )March 10, 2017
I offer personalized calligraphic art cards to guests.
Every card is hand painted and personalized with names and images unique to their request.
Very appealing and a great way to attract new customers.
I would be happy to send you an album of my work
Best regards
Deborah
Pros
Self sufficient
Cons
Great place to learn new things
Cook/Prep Cook/Line Cook/Banquets (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2017
Up early and out late if you love over time. Become a floater, it gives you the time on the clock. Wish that they hired a more diverse staff, (less Hispanic) Found myself trying to understand what was being said, they would only speak Spanish when the ones that were around that couldn't understand what was being said. Like with other positions, the Chefs could be more willing to fix things that they notice is wrong. The people were great, didn't really have a problem with the guests. When you were out in the dining room, they had no problem letting you know how great or bad things were.
Pros
Hours, and Benifits
Cons
Staffing
AFOM at Fairmont
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 3, 2017
My time there was only filled with a lot of information, training, and long hours, which definitely benefited me in the long run, as I have so many skills I can apply to each job I set my self to do! Although the AM & PM meetings are long & drag on, and there is not enough time in one day to complete your tasks, it helps you prioritize & communicate with all staff.
Pros
Team Member bond
Cons
Gm, Director of Rooms, no parking on property for employees, no management lunch break & worked about 65 hours/week
very nice copmany to work for
Front Server/Captain, wine specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Nice company with very good benefits, for the most part managment and staff are very nice. very good place to work for. I have been working there for almost 15 years part time and full time back and forth
pool attendant
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 22, 2017
i worked with them as a pool attendant it was good besides that there are some girls as server and they are extremely rude and also they think they are better than others. there attitude is disgusting
Highly prestigious hotel.
Concierge/Guest Service/Guest Services Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Typically, it is a service-oriented company. Everyday we serve our clients and meet their needs.

From the job, I've learned to deal with different kinds of people.

Management is generally highly professional.

The hardest part of the job is to always please people no matter what it takes.

The most enjoyable part was being able to meet VIPs and being able to serve their needs.
Productive and very encouraging of greater things to come with the department
Telecommunication Coordinator/PBX (Former Employee) –  New orleans, La.January 20, 2017
Productive and very encouraging, how important hotel work is for the business. I had a good working relation with management always took care of my duties. The culture was amazing the people you meet. I don't remember a hard part of you my. Always making the employees and the guest smile.
Pros
discount on hotel rooms
Cons
Health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3