Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts United States Employee Reviews

Fairmont Hotel. A luxurious place to work
Guest Services-Bellman/Doorman (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: health insurance, vision, dental. discounted rooms, free food
Cons: must pay for parking ($5)
The Fairmont takes care of its workers. Very supportive family type of environment. Your voice is heard and you are appreciated for every little thing you do. It's great.
up and downs ..
HEAD BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: I certantly learned so much
Cons: Managers
great School....so many years of my life in that place....but every thing has in ends...........................................................................
it was a great place to work , the mamager empower everybody to provide an outstanding service to the guest.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), 19999 west country drive Aventura fl. 33180April 5, 2015
always aware and adjust our service delivery to our guest's pace, preferences and needs.

friendly and timely service to guests, and service professionals.
Fairmont is a Class Act....!
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: learning, training, development
Cons: none...!
Fairmont is a classy place to work...! Great five star atmosphere and they really know how to treat their guests and employees...!
Exciting place to work- something new everyday.
Assistant Outlets Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: a great product and endless opportunities for growth.
Cons: little concern for work life balance and lots of staff turnover
While my time at Fairmont was short it opened my eyes to the hotel industry. While challenging at times I was always able to find satisfaction in my work. Working at such a high end business hotel I learned how to increase my service to fit the needs of the guests. As a manager of such a large and diverse team I learned how to prioritize my day and accomplish my job duties as well as keepig the staff happy.
I wish that Farimont would have been more concerned with work life balance and also paid their employees more competitive wages.
professional workplace
Royal Service Agent (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: inconsistent scheduling
I was a reservation agent/hotel operator who on average spoke with 100 people a day. I learned to treat others kindly despite how they treat you. We never know what they are going through. I had the best managers in the entire world who really took interest in me. My co workers reflected our Fairmont Culture. The hardest part was the inconsistent scheduling. I mostly enjoyed my co workers and administration. I hope to bring what they taught me to my next team.
Best job ever
Human Resource Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free dry cleaning, free nights at any fairmont resorts, free parking.
The hotel itself honored to their employees they felt that with happy employees their were happy customers, they honored their employees every chance, bonuses, activities, fund raisers, formal events, etc..... if it was not for hurricane Katrina I know I would still be employed.
stupid
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: skme really nice co-workers
Cons: shaving policy is their religion and strickly followed. some managers.
when i first started working i though this was the company to be at! they claimed with brainwashing training that everyone is like a family.
a month into a job they started to show their true colors I was going thru hardest times of my life my dad passing away and during about a period of 2-3 weeks i kept being bothered from some managers why i'm not shaving everyday in maintime sometimes i had to go from hospital straight to work and they knew it! so instead of offering support and sympathy they offered to write me up for not shaving everyday and then they send you to training on how to think like a family and all that non-sense.
Hand-crafted Signs for the Fairmont Pittsburgh
FREELANCE ARTIST (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2015
I go to the Fairmont hotel once a week to make the weekly soup menu for Andy's Wine Bar. I love being able to express my talents with very little parameters. It has been a wonderful experience working for such a beautiful hotel in downtown Pittsburgh.
Unorganized
Royal Service Supervisor (Former Employee), pittsburgh, paFebruary 20, 2015
They got shut down but there was no organization. The guy called me literally 3 minutes after putting in my resume and hire me on the spot. no background check, no application, nothing. I could have been a convict and he would have hired me.
Awesome place to work
Supervisor Barista (Current Employee), Scottsdale ArizonaFebruary 17, 2015
I loved working here, the hours are not too bad. Staff is great. There are so many opportunities to move up, which is fantastic
Housekeeping/ Spa Attendant
Housekeeping/ Spa Attendant (Former Employee), Sonoma, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Monitoring and keeping the spa clean, clean the gym and fitness room, clean toilets, clean shower stalls, clean sinks, collect trash restock towels, take out dirty laundry.
Good hotel but don't hope for promotion or transfer.
Employee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, clean hotel
Cons: clickish management
Overall it wasn't a bad place to work. Decent pay, decent benefits, liked my coworkers a lot, and most managers were ok. There were people there that really wanted to do more and were good choices for other jobs, BUT they would only help their favorites. If you didn't rank among them, forget it. Whenever someone went to upper management or HR for help, they turned it around on that person. Half of the time management and HR spent looking into an ethics line complaints was trying to figure out who made the call. You should have read those "investigations" summaries. One page on looking into the complaint and one page on trying to figure out who dared to call. Housekeeping and banquets weren't bad, but the front desk guys and royal service were always getting fired for dumb stuff or run out. Always new faces there. New managers too. Pittsburgh Fairmont was kinda like a training hotel for managers. They'd come in for two years then run to bigger properties. If HR didn't like you, you'd never leave a server or bellman gig.
An awesome place to work
Conference Concierge Services (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2014
I work with the nicest and hard working colleagues. This job definitely keeps you on your toes with all of the groups we have in house. The biggest challenge is when we have multiple groups in house at the same time, and it's just being organized and very detail-oriented with the needs and wants for each group.
Wonderful Culture and People
Assistant Director, Human Resources (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: discounted travel around the world
A dynamic and fast paced work environment that will challenge you to learn and grow. Limitless opportunities for career advancement around the globe.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 22, 2014
cleaning rooms making beds,cleaning tubs,sweeping,moping and dusting
Job Summary
Royal Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, P.A.November 21, 2014
Managed as the first official house attendant

Created daily operations as house attendant

Assisted with services to guest rooms, public areas, executive offices, and employee corridors.

Ensured room attendants were supplied adequately, chemicals, linens, dishes

Performed floor cleaning/waxing, carpet extractions, both chemical and linen inventory/stocking, and guest room deliveries

Acquired and performed every position entitled to Housekeeping department

Provided and Oversaw training to over nine employees to preform all job duties
Best Hospitality Provider in Pittsburgh
Concierge (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 11, 2014
Pros: meals provided, benefits, compensation
Cons: work hours, parking accommodations
Working at Fairmont Pittsburgh was very rewarding. The brand new hotel sits in the perfect location for its guests to experience the best of Pittsburgh. Working within the front office of the hotel exposes one to many diverse people. Family like atmosphere when it comes to the co-workers - Fantastic part of the company.
fun and rewarding.
Banquet Supervisor(Management level) (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, recognize great performance, great equipment.
Cons: need props .
meet all the clients, to embrace any situation and make the best of it. great management, coworkers like a family, when we had unexpected overflow and room had it full capacity...Enjoyable moment; when we meet the client and made sure they satisfied and they wowing our great service.
Beautiful Property
Director of Bars and Pool Operations (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
Terrific HR department, operations leadership needs improvement

1 2 3 4

About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties – Read more

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Salaries