Fairmont State University

Fairmont State University Employer Reviews

Employment at Fairmont State
Apartment Manager (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVMarch 13, 2014
The typical day at Fairmont State consists of checking email, answering phones, speaking with customers (on campus students), coordinating office operations, and managing my staff. The work environment is casual and customer focused. The most challenging part of the job for live in professionals is the separation of work and personal lives. I live in – more... the facility I manage and my office is twenty steps from my front door. While this is challenging at times it also allows me to connect to my other live in staff and students in a non traditional way. This is also the best part of the job because I get to see the impact we have on our students. I enjoy working with most of coworkers and the management structure is flexible. While the management style is not my own technique, it is appropriate for our work environment. – less
Review
Coordinator of Tobacco Free Falcons (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJanuary 14, 2014
Working for Fairmont State Univ. opened a lot of doors for me. It was a very enjoyable experience.
Budget/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVAugust 6, 2013
I enjoyed working there the best part of the job was the interaction with the students.
Typical office job
Program Assistant I & II (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJuly 24, 2013
This job was very demanding. Worked a lot of overtime. Liked the actual work itself, just not the surroundings and the demand.
Awesome environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVMarch 6, 2013
Gained a lot of knowledge with hands on experience working through research, and with my professors.
Great Opportunity
Assistant to the Resident Director (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 9, 2013
Working at the university i atended opened up a lot of doors. I was able to learn the administrative process top to bottom, and as well make a lot of friends.
An experience
Student (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: met lots of people, had fun with concrete canoe.
Cons: lots of homework and deadlines
Go to college, take several classes, met several people, traveled several places with concrete canoe competitions,
Very fun work environment.
Falcon Guide (Former Employee), Adimssions DepartmentJanuary 30, 2012
This was a work study while I was in college. The staff and other student workers made the job extremely fun. Very proud to have worked for my school while attending.