Fairmont State University Employee Reviews

encouraging workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVMay 22, 2015
The management was good. The hours are flexible, you make your own schedule. I enjoyed working with the students, but students are also unreliable so relying on them for income was quite hard.
Good atmosphere
Fitness Room Attendant (Former Employee), fairmont, wvMay 20, 2015
A typical day at was was usually pretty slow until evening shift, which i never did. Management and co workers were all very friendly. The hardest part of the job was confronting customers when they werent following procedures correctly. I enjoyed being able to socialize and interact with everyone.
Very limited on training
Residence Hall Monitor (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVApril 10, 2015
Pros: Short shifts
Cons: Low responsibilty, no place for promotion
Student monitors would sit desk from three to four hours, and maintain the safety and traffic flow of the building. I learn a large amount of information about title nine and confidentiality. I enjoyed working with residents and helping them when they needed guidance. I however did not like the fact there was no place for promotion.
A good place to build your skill set.
Student Technician (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: low stress. easy scheduling around student load.
Cons: low pay. standard minimum wage for federal work study.
Generally a low stress environment involving information system maintenance. Occasional upgrades and new installs expand entry level skill set. Adaptable to student skill level and extended responsibilities were assigned.
student job
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJune 25, 2014
Pros: on campus
Cons: work load light and not allowed to do homework
This was a student job and the connections were great for resume. workload was light so lots of down time
Just a Lab Assistant job...
Lab Assistant/Instructor (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVApril 18, 2014
Pros: fun to be passing on info to those that didn't know.
Cons: took away from my school work.
I just worked there because my porfessor wanted me to. It wasn't hard because I was instucting on stuff that I knew about. My professor was pretty good. The studen ts were good for the most part. I enjoyed the teaching aspect. It was fun.
Review
Coordinator of Tobacco Free Falcons (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJanuary 14, 2014
Working for Fairmont State Univ. opened a lot of doors for me. It was a very enjoyable experience.
Budget/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVAugust 6, 2013
I enjoyed working there the best part of the job was the interaction with the students.
Typical office job
Program Assistant I & II (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJuly 24, 2013
This job was very demanding. Worked a lot of overtime. Liked the actual work itself, just not the surroundings and the demand.
Awesome environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVMarch 6, 2013
Gained a lot of knowledge with hands on experience working through research, and with my professors.
Great Opportunity
Assistant to the Resident Director (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 9, 2013
Working at the university i atended opened up a lot of doors. I was able to learn the administrative process top to bottom, and as well make a lot of friends.
An experience
Student (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: met lots of people, had fun with concrete canoe.
Cons: lots of homework and deadlines
Go to college, take several classes, met several people, traveled several places with concrete canoe competitions,
Very fun work environment.
Falcon Guide (Former Employee), Adimssions DepartmentJanuary 30, 2012
This was a work study while I was in college. The staff and other student workers made the job extremely fun. Very proud to have worked for my school while attending.