Fairmont Supply Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Unstable
Sales (Current Employee) –  PAApril 14, 2016
Morale is low, business is really terrible and will not get better anytime soon.

The commission plan keeps changing, we are not getting the commission promised. They are grasping at straws.
This was the best job that I ever had until I got laid off 3 years ago.
Stores Leader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYDecember 17, 2014
I really loved this job. Very good work environment. Well managed. Good pay and benefits.
When owned by Consol Energy it was a great company to work for!
Multi Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 13, 2016
During the decline in Gas and Oil as well as mining, the company was sold to a group of investors and went down hill very quickly.
Poor Management
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington BranchJune 7, 2015
The job I had was frustrating. The management at this branch is an absolute joke. No direction, clueless about sales, and if you have any sort of suggestion or idea, no one wants to hear it and you are viewed as "being negative".

The management literally did not want us talking to one another because that was viewed as not having anything to do. The employees would call my location Washington Pen, because it was like being in jail.

Corporate is a different world. I would take a job there, but never work for the Washington Branch. It wouldn't be a bad job if it wasn't for the management. The sales manager has had no institutional education, does nothing with sales or accounts, and works on system related issues. She should be in operations, not sales.

I feel bad for the Washington branch.
Pros
8 to 4:30 work schedule
Cons
Management, Clueless Sales Manager of the Washington Branch, No input, Run like a prison, Employees treated like gradeschool
great place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was not getting backing when trying to discipline a employee. I learned a lot about inventory control, how to manage several employees coaching and training them. Also, all aspects of shipping and receiving.
Life draining
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 20, 2015
The worst job ever. ....management is clueless.....it's not what you know but WHO you know that gets you promoted. ....company is run by incompetent people.
Warehouse Tech
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJanuary 29, 2016
Worked filling orders to be shipped to local businesses. Stocked shelves and pulled orders. Inventory control. Worked full time Mon-Friday..
Pros
I liked the physical work.
Overall good company
Inside Sales/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  paNovember 9, 2015
Great coworkers who are team players.Good place to work with above average wages. Operating system is far to complex. good work schedule with no weekend hours.
Not a bad job
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Portage, INMarch 17, 2013
I didn't mind this job, would have liked to advance more. Worked 7-4 m-f. Received a lot of help from people who didn't have to help me. Made quite a few friends there.
Pros
work hours, and employees
Cons
too many chiefs
Good company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAOctober 1, 2014
Until recent downturns in business due to ongoing government regulations in the mining industry, this was a respectable vendor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3