Fairmont Supply Employee Reviews

Great Work/Life Balance
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILSeptember 11, 2017
If you hit your numbers, they leave you alone. Easy products to sell and you are allowed to sell at whatever price you need to win the business. Great pay and benefits
This was a great place to work.
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Portage, INMay 2, 2017
This was a great job. Leadership that had direction, good benefits and great co-workers. Company was sold and the new owners fired 1/2 of the staff to reorganize, but instead ran this once great company into the ground. Most of their locations have closed. The new owners didn't know enough about our customers to be successful.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
New owners didn't know what they were doing.
Fast pace, challenging,
Inside Sales / Relief Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 27, 2016
handled 5 large and 10 small accounts. Main responsibilities were to handle client calls, enter orders via EDI, phone or fax. Would source non-stock items quote best price and then purchase material. Handle all credit, returns, repairs and warranties. I did what ever it took to make sure my ke accounts received the best and timely service. I would pick/pack my own orders if needed. I assures that my key account inventory levels were maintained by setting thresholds, I managed the stocking levels on hose and fittings in compliance with scheduling to control cost. Managed daily reports and resolved any outstanding invoices or purchasing issues., Gained a vast knowledge of MRO and distribution. The hardest part of my job wold be he 3:00 pm "I have to have it tomorrow" phone call. I never not wanted to go to work. It was never poring or mundane. I did not want to leave and stayed until the shut the branch down.
Pros
Challenging, fast pace and never boring.
Cons
Lack of support by corporate office
When owned by Consol Energy it was a great company to work for!
Multi Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 13, 2016
During the decline in Gas and Oil as well as mining, the company was sold to a group of investors and went down hill very quickly.
Unstable
Sales (Current Employee) –  PAApril 14, 2016
Morale is low, business is really terrible and will not get better anytime soon.

The commission plan keeps changing, we are not getting the commission promised. They are grasping at straws.
great place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was not getting backing when trying to discipline a employee. I learned a lot about inventory control, how to manage several employees coaching and training them. Also, all aspects of shipping and receiving.
Warehouse Tech
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJanuary 29, 2016
Worked filling orders to be shipped to local businesses. Stocked shelves and pulled orders. Inventory control. Worked full time Mon-Friday..
Pros
I liked the physical work.
Life draining
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 20, 2015
The worst job ever. ....management is clueless.....it's not what you know but WHO you know that gets you promoted. ....company is run by incompetent people.
Overall good company
Inside Sales/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  paNovember 9, 2015
Great coworkers who are team players.Good place to work with above average wages. Operating system is far to complex. good work schedule with no weekend hours.
Poor Management
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington BranchJune 7, 2015
The job I had was frustrating. The management at this branch is an absolute joke. No direction, clueless about sales, and if you have any sort of suggestion or idea, no one wants to hear it and you are viewed as "being negative".

The management literally did not want us talking to one another because that was viewed as not having anything to do. The employees would call my location Washington Pen, because it was like being in jail.

Corporate is a different world. I would take a job there, but never work for the Washington Branch. It wouldn't be a bad job if it wasn't for the management. The sales manager has had no institutional education, does nothing with sales or accounts, and works on system related issues. She should be in operations, not sales.

I feel bad for the Washington branch.
Pros
8 to 4:30 work schedule
Cons
Management, Clueless Sales Manager of the Washington Branch, No input, Run like a prison, Employees treated like gradeschool
This was the best job that I ever had until I got laid off 3 years ago.
Stores Leader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYDecember 17, 2014
I really loved this job. Very good work environment. Well managed. Good pay and benefits.
Good company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAOctober 1, 2014
Until recent downturns in business due to ongoing government regulations in the mining industry, this was a respectable vendor.
Not a bad job
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Portage, INMarch 17, 2013
I didn't mind this job, would have liked to advance more. Worked 7-4 m-f. Received a lot of help from people who didn't have to help me. Made quite a few friends there.
Pros
work hours, and employees
Cons
too many chiefs