Fairmount Minerals, Ltd., located in Chesterland, OH is currently seeking a Director, Tax. The Director, Tax has primary responsibility for all aspects of global tax compliance, planning and strategy for Fairmount Minerals. This includes overseeing all activities relating to the resolution of issues raised in income, franchise, sales & use, payroll, and unclaimed property tax audits on matters in all Fairmount Minerals (domestic and international) jurisdictions. The position will also highlight tax considerations and provide tax advice on strategic initiatives, including M&A transactions and expansions of new or existing operations.
The Director, Tax also may be asked to assume certain treasury responsibilities, including management of interest rate and/or foreign currency derivatives.
- Responsible for global tax compliance, including timely filing of tax returns and timely payment of tax liabilities.
- Prepare (or oversee preparation of) consolidated federal income tax return and numerous state income and franchise tax returns.
- Calculate estimated tax deposits and quarterly payments.
- Identify and manage available tax credits and incentives.
- Provide tax information support and subject matter expertise to senior management and other FML departments and divisions.
- Prepare calculations and reporting of effective tax rates for various Fairmount Minerals domestic and international entities.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations to resolve technical issues and stay on top of current tax trends.
- Provide resolution of multi-state tax issues.
- Identify and analyze tax effects of all types of strategic transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures and business expansions.
- Formulate and recommend changes to comply with tax law changes.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals.
- Required, 10+ years applicable experience in industry, with public accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent, Master's degree in Accounting preferred or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Experience with IRS and state income tax audits required. Prior experience with acquisitions and tax planning, utilizing legal entity structures. Mining company background also a plus.
- Broad and in depth knowledge of all types of tax and tax issues with the ability to be able to perform high level tax consulting services.
- Excellent ability to engage at all levels internally and externally.
- High level of strategic focus and overall business perspective w/excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven presentation skills - ability to develop clear messages and provide them to large groups.
- Ability to work independently and collaborative w/drive towards strategic results.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and tax return preparation software.
- Ability to travel.
Full-time position with competitive compensation, medical and dental benefit package, 401(k), Employee Stock Bonus Plan, Wellness Incentive Program and Safety Bonus Program.
EOE Fairmount Minerals, Ltd. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran.
Fairmount Minerals has a strong commitment to sustainable development and environmental stewardship. We strive to conduct our business in a way that respects and supports environmental and social issues while also building prosperity for our many stakeholders.