FairPoint Communications

FairPoint Communications Employee Reviews

Good place to earn a living
Supervisor (Former Employee), New HampshireJune 11, 2015
This was a great paying job and good benefits. You can work your way up the ladder and learn a lot about the telecom industry.
Failing Company
cot (Current Employee), manchester nhMay 19, 2015
Layoffs, Poor management. Major malfunctions. This company has gone through many changes and continues to deteriorate. The environment has become quite negative and unhappy.
Unstable Company in the Industry
Service Representative (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 19, 2015
My typical day is helping my Co-workers correct orders and assist them with their order issues.

I have learned how to be a better team player.

My co-workers are the best - we work together to do the best for our customers
FairPoint Review
Account Executive (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 16, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Pay
Upper management was not involved in many aspects of the business. Only concerned with revenue. Flexibility is nice as long as you hit your number. Overall I enjoyed the job.
Constant new challenges of job make every day different and rewarding
Central Office Technician, CSMC (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 12, 2015
Working with latest and cutting edge Transport equipment; Hardware, and Software make every day different, challenging, and exciting. The faced paced and ever changing IT industry forces each employee to test and exceed their boundaries every day in order to stay at the forefront of this exciting field. New equipment and processes make working as a team imperative to staying successful and my co-workers are the best in the industry. Working with this experienced and elite work force makes it easy to satisfy our customers needs in a timely and professional manner and that is the best part of the job.
This is a struggling telco without stability
Manager OSS Inventory Provisioning and Activation (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTApril 30, 2015
Pros: Easy commute
Cons: Health care costs high
Most of the systems work is contracted out.
The hardest part was the extended time it took to get things accomplished.
Management turnover is frequent.
The most enjoyable part is working with friendly co-workers.
Best job I ever had
Data Manager (Former Employee), East Greenbush ,NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: everything about the job people, environment
Cons: none
This job was everyone's dream job, great people and great pay. these jobs only come once in a lifetime. Unfortunately the business was sold after we build a great company.
Very good company in the New England Region
Senior Central Office Technician (Former Employee), White River Junction, VTMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: None
I loved my job at Fairpoint. I would like another job like this one. I kept 17 Central Offices going at the same time and was a very important asset in this strike. I had a great Manager.
Rapid professional advancement
IT Director (Current Employee), Manchester NHMarch 21, 2015
I am working with a fine group of IT professionals who more often than not put the job before personal commitments.

I joined FairPoint as an individual contributor and quickly assumed the role of Director of Infra,
Variety in day to day activities which is nice
Splice Service Technician (Current Employee), Dummerston, VTFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoy my job and that no 2 days are alike. In my position I feel like your constantly learning more on a daily basis. I am in a dept. that you need to be a self motivated individual as well as be able to work well with others.
productive work place. Great customers
Wholesale Representative (Former Employee), Portland, MEFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not a strong company to work for
Fairpoint has a lot of pro's and con's about it. The company itself is not that strong however the jobs and duties I preformed I really enjoyed
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Utica, NYFebruary 4, 2015
The work was really fun and kept it interesting. I learned a lot about the telecommunication world. It felt like a family when you worked there.
Proficiency in telephone
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 30, 2015
This position enabled me to learn everything there was about telephony in general & taught valuable work-around & troubleshooting skills
A company that doesn't care about employees
Wholesale Representative (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: hundreds
I don't recommend this company.
The management is terrible and benefits lousy.
Telecommunications behind the curve
Enterprise Solutions Group Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good compensation and benefits, well defined job responsibilities.
Cons: software environment and task redundancy.
The Enterprise Services Group Representative position at FairPoint is a good job with great pay and benefits...for now. It's a union position that is considered by the company to be over compensated and benefited. The work is specialized and requires about 16 weeks of training just to work in the proprietary software environment let alone do the work required. The job responsibilities range from customer service to account management to order writing to bill reconciliation. These facets of the job require that an individual perform the necessary work in triplicate for the sake of doing the initial job, performing tasks again when the systems fail, and then generating detailed reports to forward to the team leader when the systems fail to produce reports.
First and second level management is not to blame for this shortcoming, In fact, most of management is also at the mercy of this poorly written/implemented software and we all work together to get the job done despite the headaches. Managers are keen to keep morale up at all costs, knowing that the workload would be difficult to manage without the existing headcount.
While the people we work with are a mix from all walks of life, the environment is predominantly enjoyable and worth coming to each day.
Technical Support helping Customers
Central Office Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great learning place
Cons: not many
Interacting with pepole and helping them solve technical dificulties is a great experiance. Great learning place
Good place to have a career at.
Splice service technician (Former Employee), Saint Johnsbury, VTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: union representaion
Cons: pending strike
A typical day at work involves reviewing of work orders, stocking the company vehicle with the needed materials, and completing the job assigned to me.I have learned how to splice copper and fiber optic cables, build electronics cabinets that provide DSL, T1's, dial tone, and other special services. I have turned up cellular sites, and build Ethernet connections to commercial clients.
Every day was a new challange
Customer Service Rep & Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 7, 2015
I did multiple different things within my department. I liked the constant change and challenge each day brought. I worked well with co workers and management. I'm a very hard worker who likes challenges.
This was a challanging job on a day today basis.
Customer service (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: we were given a lot of leeway to solve our customers issues.
Cons: required to be a member of the local union
I have been happy for the experience to work with such a great group of co-workers providing excellent customer service to our telecommunication customers, assisting with billing questions/problems, software issues on a limited level, service issues and sales.
I am looking for employment with another challenging Company because I need job security.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: very good pay scale. co-workers and my manager care.
Cons: unsecure long term employment.
Since October 17, 2014 Fairpoint Union workers has been on Strike.
I learned a that my Manager and co-workers are very knowledgeable
and taught me a lot about my job.
The hardest part of my job is asking the same question twice until I understand what the task is.

The most enjoyable part of the job is asking a question more than once and realizing how caring my manager and my co-workers are.

1 2 3 4

About FairPoint Communications

FairPoint Communications provides local and long-distance phone services, which account for nearly half of sales, as well as broadband – Read more

FairPoint Communications Salaries