FairPoint Communications Employee Reviews

Great Manager
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 18, 2017
My manager is a great person. If you like multiple layers of process and a lot of paperwork, this is the place for you. Rules change on a daily basis.
one bad leader
Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 9, 2017
one leader can ruin a company....and its culture....that in my view is what happened at FairPoint....now acquired by Consolidated and most of the great people they had have left.....
Noc tech
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 8, 2017
Fast Paced environment, great peers, Great management, teamwork abounds. Everyone is a team player, always supportive and helpful. Egos are checked at the door.
Pros
Family Life balance
Overall okay
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 5, 2017
Even though undergoing an acquisition, still a good company to work for. Some opportunity for growth, and pay is okay. Not always a clear vision or direction
The position manages a third party vendor.
Director, credit & collections (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 4, 2017
Credit and collections is outsourced to a third party vendor. My position is to manage the third party relationship as well as manage the productivity and company objectives.
Pros
Being gainfully employeed
Cons
My position is being eliminated
FairPoint has merged with Consolidated Communications Inc
Senior Accountant - Finance Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 1, 2017
The new management team from CCI will be doing a much more comprehensive expansion of the products and services platform that FairPoint Communications maintained in Maine, NH and Vermont. Each one I've met is a highly experienced professional and, in my opinion, they will be making the CCI brand into a highly successful communications company in northern New England.
FairPoint
Senior Account Manager - Government and Education (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 26, 2017
Lack of leadership consistency
Lack of client surveys
Turnover in mgt often
not a clear direction in corp goals
not a clear direction on quotas or corp goals
Fast paced, fair environment
Independent Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 3, 2017
My position was a temporary contractor job where I worked from home. As such, it is difficult to make an evaluation. But my overall experience was very positive.
A great place to work with excellent workers
Code Administration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bentleyville, PAAugust 29, 2017
I had great managers and worked with excellent co-workers. Interfaced with Business, Residential and Wholesale groups for daily activities and taking part in business projects.
A amazing company
Broadband Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Dodge City, KSAugust 12, 2017
This company truly cares about their employees, however they were bought out by another company, and due to company restructure I must move on. Any questions please ask me in an interview.
Pros
company TRULY CARES about employees
Cons
health insurance is expensive
Overall nice place to work
Manager Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 7, 2017
Recent merger's stressful, not an overwhelming amount of communication Pleasant atmosphere, all and all

Regulatory is always based on deadlines with the FCC, so I have become very proficient at multi-tasking.
Reasonable, clean work space with normal amenities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 20, 2017
Manchester NH location is a reasonable place to work. Clean working environment with restricted access. No cafeteria on premises. Parking passes for the garage or discounts would be helpful.
Pros
flexible working environment
Cons
parking is not free
Great Place to Work
HR (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 23, 2017
FairPoint is an excellent place to work! Solid work/life balance, competitive benefits package and exciting things on the horizon. Enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
data processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYMay 10, 2017
fairpoint was a nice place to work...but unfortunately that section of the company closed...had good employee morale and would most likely still be there if they did not close
Company makes life hard on itself
SMB Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 9, 2017
It shouldn't be so hard, Fairpoint owns all the phone lines in three states but spends all of it's time bickering internally. Sales wins deals based on information from our support groups, that information is frequently wrong and then that's the salesperson's problem. There's no accountability.
On the plus side I learned a ton about the telcom industry and I really enjoyed working with the engineers on customer solutions.
Pros
learned a lot, good chance to be creative
Cons
opaque management structure, no accountability at any level
Good company
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  NH and MaineApril 29, 2017
I love my job at FairPoint. I am planning on relocating to CA, which is the only reason I am seeking other employment.
The hardest part of the job now is that we are a bit short-staffed so many of us are doing double or triple the normal work load.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short staffed
Good place to start out in IT but best to move on after 1 or 2 years.
Operations Analyst / DSC (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 11, 2017
Use this as a starting spot to get some experience then move on. You can most likely be rehired if you liked the job. Landline phone company so money is tight. Buyout is due to be finalized mid - 2017 which may change the culture and solidify the balance sheet.
Good company to work for.
National Director Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAApril 10, 2017
This is a good company to work for. The only reason I left was because of the company has been acquired and a reduction in work force and budget consideration forced a reduction in my job.
Great peers to work with and team collaboration
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 20, 2017
The hours were long, occasionally frustrating. Peers and peer to peer collaborations helped create a positive atmosphere. Salary and benefits were decent. However, pay may not increase yearly, or every couple years.
Was a great job but not under current management
Customer Sales (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 6, 2017
The job with the current compensation and salary is better than some out there but the culture is odd and some may find it hard to get used to. This used to be a great job with awesome benefits, but with the cuts in benefits and pay makes it hard to give the company a good rating