Fairview Health Services

Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

This is the best place anyone will ever work at.
Drug Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 2, 2017
It is always fun to work here and this is because of the people I work with.Every day is a learning day since I deal with p people from different cultures social and economical backgrounds that makes it very difficult to trust one right away.
co-workers are nice to work with and are team players
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 27, 2017
This job can get stressful, but it also is rewarding knowing that you are helping people to lead healthier lives. It's nice to go out on the floors once in awhile to see the patients interact with them directly.
Pros
birthday recognitions, willingness to work with employees schedules
Cons
short staffed
Postive workplace
Clinic Manager II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 24, 2017
Allows employees to exceed at what they do best. Willing to think outside the box and encourage development. Positive environment.
Challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 4, 2017
I was able to broaden my skills with constant changes & job requirements and loved being able to communicate with patients. Very disappointed as new leaders were chosen with less skills than previous management. Employees often were not recognized for their length of service commitments. In recent years, we were often short-staffed making it difficult to give patients the attention they deserved.
Pros
Rewards annually to recognize attention to detail which was tracked regularly
Cons
Short-staffed
Great Company in Helathcare Provider space
Senior Director/Business Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2017
The IT Department is an organization with very talented tenured folks. Much like many organizations the demand far out weighs the supply of resources. The organization is on the forefront of transforming technology and the use thereof at Fairview.
Pros
Great work environment, very talented folks
Cons
the upper management team
Fairview
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care, revolves around patient care. Checking in and scheduling appointments for many patients daily. Working the work queue, making sure all accounts are accurate for billing. maintaining Physician letters and mailing them to the proper referring physician. checking claims for accuracy. daily eligibility checks.
A typical day at Therapeutic Services Agency revolved around billing. Checking claims for accuracy for submitting them. Applying payment to patients accounts. Daily eligibility, obtaining authorizations for treatment, intakes, account maintenance.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
hard to get a day off
Productive, friendly fun environment
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Fast paced working environment in a callcenter, scheduling appointments for patients and verifying insurances, conference calls as need from doctors to nurses, transfer calls to clinic as needed, find interpreters when for patients with language barriers and conference call to set up appointments. I've learned to be patient and ask plenty questions when in doubt.
Pros
potlucks, snacks
Cons
short lunches
Tons of opportunities
Support staff (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Fairview is a perfect company to strive to work for if you plan on settling down on the range. The medical field will always need the help and it's also a great life experience.
Pros
Love the meal benefits. Most of the staff are more than willing to help.
Cons
Expensive health care. Low pay.
No advancement
MN- Spanish Interpreter II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
God way to get a lot of professional experience. However, you will never go up the latter. There is nowhere to go. NO benefits for on-call.
Pros
Great place to get real expereince
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
Great First Job
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 22, 2016
This was a great part time job as a 16 year old. I learned a lot and it really got me a head start in the professional working environment. The pay wasn't very good though.
Stay far away!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 20, 2016
Absolutely terrible place to work. 8 years of my life wasted at that place. They don't care about their employees at all. All they care about is money. Management is a joke. They don't care about their patients either. Everything is about money. You may think your doctor is great, but really, they talk about you after you leave. Not always good talk either. Oh my gosh the drama!!!! Gossip and drama daily! Stay away, unless all you care about is helping the facility get as much money as they can.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No breaks except lunch (sometimes), drama, gossip, everything besides pay
Great staff
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, TXDecember 19, 2016
Great place for taking care of residents and loved ones. The building may not be the best looking place but the staff is loving and caring.
As a health worker, I am patient, respectful, on time and fast learner.
CNA/Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 21, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is "TEAMWORK"
Lose resident or patient is the hardest part of the job.
I have learnt communication is a vital important.
This was an internship
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 3, 2016
My overall experience with Fairview was great. They are wonderful to their patients and very hard working.
I learned so much in my internship, enough to prepare me for a job in a hospital/clincal setting.
Wonderful place to work
OB/gyn (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 20, 2016
Worked as a generalist-so much variety of lab work to do. My manager was amazing and understanding. My co-workers were always helpful.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
Living in Minnesota
Employment
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2016
Great benefits, great people, pay is lower than most places however the benefits off set that. Very flexible hours. Casual attire during the summer
Stay away
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 16, 2016
Employees who don't do their job don't get held accountable, one employee threatend another with a pair of siccors and HR did nothing, foul language by pharmacists and technicians, upper management changes work flow about every 6 months and doesn't listen to any input employees have, short staffed all the time, favoritism towards certain employees.
Pros
Cons
Management, hours, hostile work environment
I would not work for this company, no matter how much you paid me. they don't care about they're employees.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2016
This company tried to ruin my career. They are ok if other employees don't do they're work and they are ok with employees that bullies others.
Pros
wage was good but you do you own reviews as well as your co-workers who don't like you
Cons
management hide and don't take care of problem that you need help with.
Great Place to work
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 10, 2016
Lots of variety and interesting things to do, good people to work with. It can be hard to find your way around through all of the halls but eventually you figure it out.
Pros
Ok cafeteria, nice people and management ok
Cons
It's health care, at times can be stressful but in general ok.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 25, 2016
Customer service, inbound calls, outbound calls, and organizing documents.

Fun environment and friendly people.

Working at this company has helped me gain knowledge and patience when it comes to dealing with a variety of culture and patients.
Pros
friendly workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

73%