Fairview Health Services

Fairview Health Services Employer Reviews

student intern
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Edina, MNJuly 5, 2014
I was a student intern for 3 months and absolutely loved the work environment. Very competent and friendly employees that took pride in their everyday work.
Busy medical assistant work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Apple Valley, MNJune 22, 2014
overall great experience at this job
repetitive rooming all day. appts are every 20 mins and most providers all full all day.
Too top heavy
Transplant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2014
Pros: local company
Cons: top heavy, low wages, unbalanced salaries
Fairview has the potential to be a fantastic place to work. However, administration is incredibly top heavy- meaning any decision takes months, and LOTS of money, to conclude.

One of the BIG drawbacks is PTO use. I have worked at other facilities where PTO is used for sick/vacation. However, even non-hospital employees use PTO for everything, including – more... holidays. This wouldn't be such a big problem, but as office employees, we are not ALLOWED to work on holidays, so unless we want to be unpaid for the day (or two, depending on the holiday), we must use PTO.

Another is the unbalanced salary. My job is a pretty skilled one- we must know very specific things. We are paid less (by an average of $4 an hour) than an administrative assistant in a clinic. Though we have fought for higher salary, we never get it. What we DO get is a lot of 'circle talk', but never any answers.

Also, for union employees, interviews are pretty much a formality. If you have seniority and have a word in your work history resembling something in the job you're applying for, it's yours. – less
Great place to work!
Casual Counselor - CD Counselor II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2014
Pros: healthy environment, good pay and benefits
Cons: lots of changes are happening currently, advancement can be slow
I have always enjoyed working at Fairview. I feel supported and encouraged by colleagues and management. I enjoy helping others and can't think of a better place to do it than here.
UMMC Laboratory
Laboratory Care Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: managment
Overall I loved working in the laboratory at UMMC. After the move of Amplatz to the East Bank things went downhill fast.
ok
Patient Finical Representative (Former Employee), wyoming mnMay 9, 2014
Was at one time a great company but they have since lost that small town appeal and turned into a big company where employees are numbers.
Pay good/// Leadership is terrible
Lead Billing and Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: managerial style
The mentality is simply loyalty at the measure of sitting in the same position even if you have an advanced degree for 10-15 years.

Pay was good... but co-workers smh --- there was no accountability that's all I can say
Results driven
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee), WyomingMay 1, 2014
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: change management
Fairview is always striving for results and to serve the community and be an innovator in healthcare.
Exciting place to work
Controlled Substance Auditor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2014
fun people, work together for best outcome for patient and Fairview
I have learned a great deal at Fairview
Insurance Sprcialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2014
Fairview has been a great place of employment. I am looking to further my career
Was a good company.
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 16, 2014
The best part of job was the flexibility. My co-workers were great to work with and we did have a lot of fun as well.
Enjoyable family like environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia HeightsApril 13, 2014
Fairview valued the skills of all employees and encouraged all to work at the top of their skill-set.
An excellent group of people to work with!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great people to work with
Cons: cuts in department funds, cuts to employee benefits
A typical day at work involves dealing with many different types of people. This is both rewarding and challenging. I think that
I learned a great deal about working with the public, and I'd be confident in most any customer service role as a result. I was also able to work in various areas within the department, and gained experience in several areas – more... of the hospital. I had a wonderful group of coworkers here, and made several lifelong friends. Management underwent several changes during my time there. That, and just overall changes to the department as a whole have probably been the hardest thing about the job. Overall, though, I'd say that it was a great place to work. – less
Fun place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), King George, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: good food, great people
Cons: no weekends with my kids
Long hours during the busy season
Management was great
Co-workers were great to work with
Close to home
Management sucks at Fairview
Radiology (Former Employee), Edina,MinnesotaMarch 29, 2014
Cons: politics, back-stabbing, extremely stressful!
I tried my best to work with these back-biting women only to be asked to leave my position after 7 years. I was a strong and very productive person there. I am currnetly working on a Bachelors dregree and because I was advancing quicker than the Idiot they hired as a Supervisor, they got rid of me over stupid little piddly things. I wasn't happy enough, – more... I did extra views (Rads request) against protocol. I was the best employee they had, it is definitely their loss. Save yourself the time and apply elsewhere. – less
The people I work with are great.
Purchasing Specialist II- Supply Chain (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: poor pay.
The people I work with are great but the pay is below average.
Great place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Mountain Top, PASeptember 4, 2013
Awesome Work Environment. Fun Loving and Easy Going staff.
Family Owned Grocery Store
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 24, 2013
Pros: owners were understanding, good job security, and friendly staff
Cons: low pay and benefits, odd work hours, and a lot of standing in one place.
Started there when I was sixteen, the owners treated me like family. I was able to advance there and really learn the business over the years I worked there. I wore many hats at this job and learned how to deal with difficult customers and how to handle many different situations. Also got to know a lot of different types of people that I had not experienced – more... growing up in a small area and became friends with many of the customers. – less
Medical Billing
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2013
I loved this job! I worked on a great team and had a great Supervisor.
I would make sure all hospital bills go out with no errors. Codes correctly billed to procedures done and is being mailed to the correct insurance company.
A family place to work, where we all were on the same team
Laboratory Care Technician (Former Employee), Milaca & Fairview Northland HospitalJuly 31, 2013
Pros: working close to home
Cons: had to do some traveling to other sites
I worked well with others and really enjoyed my job.. I felt I made a difference in patients that came to our care center