Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

Poor place to work
APPLICATION ANALYST ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2018
No career advancement, meetings all day every day, management not realistic nor grounded. Fairview keeps acquiring companies it cannot afford. Do not recommend.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
See review.
Not a good job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Terrible job. I hated going to work each day. It was a toxic work environment. No one worked together and management was so terrible I do not understand how they get anything done
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
So many
Steer clear of the Home Care and Hospice Department!
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2018
I never leave reviews but the management in this department is the worst I've ever experienced. There is a lack of communication and organization to the point where someone will be assigned to train you...yet have no clue what they're training on, inconsistent/incomplete training, etc. Fairview as a whole is a great company to work for as I've held other positions there, but the Home Care and Hospice department was a huge disappointment for me. The turnover rate is where it is for a reason and I left simply because the manager has no idea how to be a manager in my opinion and refused to acknowledge my requests for help and feedback.
Pros
On call PSC's work from home, pay is good
Fairview
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2018
Enjoyed working for the company they have a great communication with it patient and employee I think this is a great company to work for thie .............
good
Solid Company
RN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2017
Stable company, typical hospital based roles with typical hours. The company is growing, but it is hard to get projects completed with so many staff and departments involved.
Stay away, You will be bullied, tattled on for little things,be micromanaged buy many prople
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNDecember 26, 2017
Stay away, hostile work environment, most are not treated fairly, very poor communication., a lot of internet use, cell phone use and arriving late for your shift with no repercussions., high amount of sick calls causing dept. to run short as no one wants to pick up
The sick call shifts. Many have the attitude “it’s not my job” and won’t do anymore then they have too. Pay is not comparable to what other area hospitals are paying.
Pros
Cons
Employees aren’t treated the same, bullying is allowed, very stressful, toxic work environment
Busy productive day
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 18, 2017
I spend my day answering phones and assisting Fairview employees with 1st level technical support. I am also a outage coordinator for my team. I also train contractors and interns on our workflow and Service Now ticketing system. I have learned that customer satisfaction is very important, and I thrive on that. The hardest part of my job is I want to see all my tickets through until they are completed, but that's not always possible. I enjoy my co workers and talking assisting customers with their problems is very rewarding.
Pros
Great work environment, great co workers
Cons
Short breaks, and short lunches
Management is superb and the atmoshere is collaborating
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2017
Although I was working on contract, the 4 months I was there was enjoyable. The finance team was very helpful whenever questions arose. The Healtheast merger went smooth considering the magnitude of creating the 2018 budgets for both entities.
Great Place to work
Intern at Quality Assurance Team (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2017
I had internship experience with Fairview and it was great. I had a great team to work with and learned a lot of technical skills. I would definitely recommend.
Fast Paced/
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 10, 2017
Scheduling/phones 8 hours per day, accuracy is a key factor.
Diversity in cultures
Language barriers can sometimes play into proper scheduling of patient.
Interaction with patients.
Pros
Set procedures
Cons
Language barrier
There have been a lot of changes in the company and they are not necessarily positive changes. I am looking for a positive environment.
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 8, 2017
A typical day at work is to answer the phones and take care of the patients who are calling. Scheduling appointments or directing them to the proper person for their need.
Pros
I enjoy working with the patients and helping them.
Cons
Not the best communication among leadership staff or training program.
experience working
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 3, 2017
I like working for Fairview, however, there are times that it can be very stressful.

Fairview is very diverse in culture. You have the opportunity to try different fields of work
fun workplace
Nursing Station Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 2, 2017
Busy but fun staff, communication with each other makes the day easier, hardest part of job is time management, amazing doctors and nurses to work with
Pros
fun doctors
Cons
busy patient flow so makes it stressfu at times
love
nursing station tech (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 1, 2017
If i didn't move i would've stayed forever. My manager was the best I have ever had. The people are amazing. They paid good money and its clean. Fairview is the best hospital in Minnesota they train you well.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great leadership
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2017
Healthcare is a large field. Be ready to learn a lot, come in on time, and show initiative and you could advance into various departments in the long-run.
Pros
Healthcare has job security.
Cons
Working overnight is intense.
Supportive good place to work.
Currently work as a Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MNOctober 25, 2017
Supportive good place to work. I just wanted to move out of state is reason for leaving. Room for growth and advancement, great training for new systems and new process's.
Supply Chain Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairview CorpOctober 24, 2017
Management is focused only on bottom line, and doesn't value the employees. No real advancement opportunities for leadership, it is promised, but it is mainly based on who you know.
Good Place to Work
Medical Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 22, 2017
I feel I have great support and wonderful coworkers. I have learned a lot during my employment here and the culture is encouraging and supportive.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to use my skills and education to provide Fairview with my talents. And I receive feedback about my skills and areas of improvement on a regular basis which helps me know where I need to place my efforts and where I am succeeding.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
High deductible healthcare
Team Work
Manager, Creative Agency (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2017
Working on a team of skilled and engaged staff was the most enjoyable part of my job. I got the opportunity to work with many different levels of staff and was often "heard".
Pros
Friendly staff and team mates.
Cons
We lacked the technical support needed from advanced computers and support.
Wonderful teaching environment.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2017
Excellent patient centered care with complex population.

Supportive management offerring multiple opportunities for continuing education and career advancement.

Very high patient satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.