Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

No advancement
MN- Spanish Interpreter II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
God way to get a lot of professional experience. However, you will never go up the latter. There is nowhere to go. NO benefits for on-call.
Pros
Great place to get real expereince
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
Tons of opportunities
Support staff (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Fairview is a perfect company to strive to work for if you plan on settling down on the range. The medical field will always need the help and it's also a great life experience.
Pros
Love the meal benefits. Most of the staff are more than willing to help.
Cons
Expensive health care. Low pay.
Employment
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2016
Great benefits, great people, pay is lower than most places however the benefits off set that. Very flexible hours. Casual attire during the summer
Stay far away!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 20, 2016
Absolutely terrible place to work. 8 years of my life wasted at that place. They don't care about their employees at all. All they care about is money. Management is a joke. They don't care about their patients either. Everything is about money. You may think your doctor is great, but really, they talk about you after you leave. Not always good talk either. Oh my gosh the drama!!!! Gossip and drama daily! Stay away, unless all you care about is helping the facility get as much money as they can.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No breaks except lunch (sometimes), drama, gossip, everything besides pay
Good reputation, good benefits and great co-workers!
Utilization Review & Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  400 Stinson Blvd NE, Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2015
Like working for Fairview. Would like to increase wages and work closer to home. However, I need a more challenging position and more variety. I Like working with Patients and Insurance Companies and getting the information they need to support their up-coming procedures and getting that prior authorization. This makes me feel a real sense of accomplishment and utilizes my clinical background
Pros
Always a campaign / fund raiser going on, creating some special activties
Cons
Too far to drive, too many monotonous accounts to work, would like more interesting cases.
I would not work for this company, no matter how much you paid me. they don't care about they're employees.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2016
This company tried to ruin my career. They are ok if other employees don't do they're work and they are ok with employees that bullies others.
Pros
wage was good but you do you own reviews as well as your co-workers who don't like you
Cons
management hide and don't take care of problem that you need help with.
Can be a highly stressful place to work.
Denied Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
The employees had very nice break rooms with vending machines, several microwaves, a couple of refrigerators, and a small library of paper back books. The building had 3 floors and each floor had a break room like this.
Pros
Was allowed 2 breaks a day along with a 30 minute lunch.
Cons
Pay wasn't the best but at the time I was there the benefits were good.
Stay away
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 16, 2016
Employees who don't do their job don't get held accountable, one employee threatend another with a pair of siccors and HR did nothing, foul language by pharmacists and technicians, upper management changes work flow about every 6 months and doesn't listen to any input employees have, short staffed all the time, favoritism towards certain employees.
Pros
Cons
Management, hours, hostile work environment
Friendly and fun place to work
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2016
Typical day at work, scheduling patients for injection, calling the insurance companies for authorizations for the injection. Work close with the nurses and physicians. I learned all the different types of injection that the physician can give to patient to help the pain. I also learned how to do intake. The management was friendly. My co-workers were friendly and willing to help you. The hardest part of the job was getting the authorization from the insurance companies to cover the injections. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I helped many patients get pain relief by getting their insurance to cover the bill.
Pros
Being able to multi task and work with the nurses and phyiscians
Cons
As a health worker, I am patient, respectful, on time and fast learner.
CNA/Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 21, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is "TEAMWORK"
Lose resident or patient is the hardest part of the job.
I have learnt communication is a vital important.
This was an internship
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 3, 2016
My overall experience with Fairview was great. They are wonderful to their patients and very hard working.
I learned so much in my internship, enough to prepare me for a job in a hospital/clincal setting.
Great First Job
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 22, 2016
This was a great part time job as a 16 year old. I learned a lot and it really got me a head start in the professional working environment. The pay wasn't very good though.
Great staff
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, TXDecember 19, 2016
Great place for taking care of residents and loved ones. The building may not be the best looking place but the staff is loving and caring.
Wonderful place to work
OB/gyn (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 20, 2016
Worked as a generalist-so much variety of lab work to do. My manager was amazing and understanding. My co-workers were always helpful.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
Living in Minnesota
An excellent group of people to work with!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2014
A typical day at work involves dealing with many different types of people. This is both rewarding and challenging. I think that
I learned a great deal about working with the public, and I'd be confident in most any customer service role as a result. I was also able to work in various areas within the department, and gained experience in several areas of the hospital. I had a wonderful group of coworkers here, and made several lifelong friends. Management underwent several changes during my time there. That, and just overall changes to the department as a whole have probably been the hardest thing about the job. Overall, though, I'd say that it was a great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment, great people to work with
Cons
Cuts in department funds, cuts to employee benefits
Great Place to work
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 10, 2016
Lots of variety and interesting things to do, good people to work with. It can be hard to find your way around through all of the halls but eventually you figure it out.
Pros
Ok cafeteria, nice people and management ok
Cons
It's health care, at times can be stressful but in general ok.
Find another place inless you like back stapping and stress.
Technician (Former Employee) –  PrincetonMay 12, 2016
Worked for fairview for many years but when they are done with you they will find a way to get rid of you. Bad management no training to managers so they were bad examples.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work enviroment micormanages everthing so managment just takes vacations.
Family Owned Grocery Store
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 24, 2013
Started there when I was sixteen, the owners treated me like family. I was able to advance there and really learn the business over the years I worked there. I wore many hats at this job and learned how to deal with difficult customers and how to handle many different situations. Also got to know a lot of different types of people that I had not experienced growing up in a small area and became friends with many of the customers.
Pros
Owners were understanding, good job security, and friendly staff
Cons
low pay and benefits, odd work hours, and a lot of standing in one place.
Interesting, rewarding at times yet many challanges
Leasing Agent/Apartment Complex Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 29, 2015
Days could be some what stressful at times but I was always willing to go the extra mile to help out and find a way to make things happen.
Cons
No benefits compensation
Horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 6, 2016
I was officially hired, went to orientation, and after 4 days of that, they decided to not take me on as an employee. It was a scam, I know one of the instructors didn't care for me, and I found out the manager that initially hired me, resigned also at this time, thee was BS going on behind closed doors, don't recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.