Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

Team Work
Manager, Creative Agency (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2017
Working on a team of skilled and engaged staff was the most enjoyable part of my job. I got the opportunity to work with many different levels of staff and was often "heard".
Pros
Friendly staff and team mates.
Cons
We lacked the technical support needed from advanced computers and support.
Wonderful teaching environment.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2017
Excellent patient centered care with complex population.

Supportive management offerring multiple opportunities for continuing education and career advancement.

Very high patient satisfaction.
Fairview Employee
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 27, 2017
I have been there for almost a year and so far it has been more of positive than negative, there are some pain points, but overall I am grateful for my position. I like that the manager that I have had do not micro manage, they support holistic as well as individual growth, and they give recognition when deserved.
Heavy Work Load.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2017
I really helped Provisioning Department to achieve their daily work load. Managed from 50 to 130 tasks per day. Trained a few team members and resolved some users related technical issues.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Not treated fairly
easy work low pay
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 18, 2017
it was a ok place to work but no room for advancements. The residents were a handful at times. Management was very nice and laid back. It was not enough hours or room for advancement.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no room for advancement
Past paced work environment
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 29, 2017
Fairview Health Services is a huge organization and getting bigger but has not lost it'f focus on providing first class medical care to it's patients and customers. One of the leading hospital and clinic systems in the country it is an exciting place to work knowing that you are helping with the medical treatment of thousands of patients each and every day.
Pros
Lots of recruiting work for a growing first class medical organization.
Cons
Very large organization still experiencing growing pains to manage it's growth.
retail pharmacy beware
Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 19, 2017
If applying for this job, make sure you can do EVERYTHING PLUS expected of you! They are slave-drivers! You can never do well enough! Working hard is NOT enough. You must do all your work, plus some of theirs.
benefits
Cons
most of the co-workers
Great people to work with
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 9, 2017
I worked in the ER. The environment was fast paced and made the time go by. I loved my co-workers and, worked with some of the most patient, intelligent people.
Pros
Always learning. Good benefits, 401k, pension.
Cons
Can be demanding and stressful in the ER
Good work environment
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 26, 2017
I have worked at Fairview for 2 years, and it has been an okay experience. Advancement opportunites a little hard, but overall a good company to work for.
great place
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 20, 2017
great place great benefits just not a good fit for me. a lot of down time and scheduling miscommunication. could pay employees more for mileage. overall a good company.
Fun
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed my manager, my co-workers, my hours. I could pick up other shifts if I needed. They are flexible. Everybody is very helpful and willing to answer any questions.
Pros
Free lunch
friendly workplace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2017
a typical work day you can expect about 18 rooms to clean. this includes garbage pick up on your floor. you greet patients and make small talk to ensure they are happy and feel welcomed while they are in the hospital. the hardest part id have to say was making sure your rooms were done in a timely manner. it would sometimes become difficult when a patient was occupied by a nurse or doctor, which required me to move on and come back. the most enjoyable part would be the friendly work atmosphere.
Can be relaxed, but terrible team and management
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2017
I think the work flow and job is fine. It's the employees you work with. I work a night shift, and it can get very stressful especially around the 5 o'clock time when all of the clinic calls route over to after hours so we are getting a lot of calls in queue. A lot of the workers slack off and ignore other jobs that need to be completed (web scheduling, voicemails) Night time usually has to pick up the rest of the work from the day staff which is super annoying too because there are less staff at night than there are in the morning.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Work every other weekend, terrible team
Incompetent Management
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2017
This is a huge company, so I'm sure it depends on where you work... but I held a few different positions at corporate (Stinson) and it is a joke. People tend to be in management positions here because they've been with the company a long time, not because they are good at it. Even some system level directors and VPs. The most important thing to them is whether you are in your seat, not the quality of work you do. They are obsessed with controlling their employees, not developing their talents or recognizing valuable contributions. I have seen MANY intelligent, competent, valuable employees leave because they are treated so poorly. I think the incompetent management is threatened by such people and are happy to have only "yes men" working for them. Fairview corporate has so much potential but it is ruined by insecure leadership.

Departments here are constantly being restructured and moved around to different management, whether that person is qualified to run the team or not. Seems like this happens at least once a year. It becomes comical after a while.

If you bring any concerns to HR about the management, they are no help at all and completely inconsistent. They could care less if employees are unhappy or want to leave or are being treated unfairly.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
almost everything else
Questionable?
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2017
Co-workers are not willing to help each other out and if you are one that does help others out as it is a team effort you are frowned upon and questioned as to why you are doing it as it is not part of your job description for that day or time frame.
Good
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2017
Best company to work for so nice and so understandable I wish the world was like Fairview cause ever religion and culture their work together and respect each other everything goes so smoothly
Not a bad place to work for....
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Fairview Health Services though, when you are the only guy in sea of women, you get a real good perspective on how women in the work force can be.
Pros
Raises and bounuses are based on job performance
Cons
Gossiping, back stabbing, rumor monging
Fairview
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2017
You feel proud to work for Fairivew. Lots of value added work. People with a variety of experiences that compliment the organization. Challenging in a good way.
Nice company to work for
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 6, 2017
Management is awesome and pay is great. Typical day at work is stressful but also rewarding knowing you accomplished something as well. I've grown and learned a lot working at Fairview from starting as a Patient Access Rep to now an Inpatient Medical Coder.
change
Patient Access Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2017
If you like change this is the place for you, the only thing that remains the same, is the constant change, there is a giant lack for job security, or perhaps that is just because our department was considered "entry level" and constant change was just expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.