Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work for....
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Fairview Health Services though, when you are the only guy in sea of women, you get a real good perspective on how women in the work force can be.
Pros
Raises and bounuses are based on job performance
Cons
Gossiping, back stabbing, rumor monging
Fairview
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2017
You feel proud to work for Fairivew. Lots of value added work. People with a variety of experiences that compliment the organization. Challenging in a good way.
Nice company to work for
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 6, 2017
Management is awesome and pay is great. Typical day at work is stressful but also rewarding knowing you accomplished something as well. I've grown and learned a lot working at Fairview from starting as a Patient Access Rep to now an Inpatient Medical Coder.
change
Patient Access Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2017
If you like change this is the place for you, the only thing that remains the same, is the constant change, there is a giant lack for job security, or perhaps that is just because our department was considered "entry level" and constant change was just expected.
Routine, busy
Scheduler and Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chisago City, MNMay 25, 2017
Scheduling and rescheduling daily. Talking with clients to give schedule and or changes. Working with medical staff to arrange correct level of care for client to remain in their homes safely. Being familiar with each clients insurance benefits and what will be covered and not covered. Working with employees availability as well as clients
Pros
Winds and holidays are short hrs, usually M thru F, communications with clients
Cons
Some weekends and holidays, loosing clients
Love it
CMA (Current Employee) –  Andover, MNMay 24, 2017
I would not be leaving this job if I was not moving across country, I love the environment in the clinic. Very tight nit group in the Andover clinic. Whoever gets an job here will love it
Fairview has potential, has many wonderful people working there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2017
What I saw was administrators tenancy to not want to work with others, be cagey with information, and be territorial with their areas that were already too silo-ed. The culture of the work place is so important to the quality of work and the happiness of employees. When leadership figures this out and fosters growth from within Fairview will see this new culture pay dividends they never could conceive.
Pros
Big place, lots going on.
Cons
Short sighted planning, very much in the now with no eyes towards the future.
Learning, fun, and professional employment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work is busy, learning is the key word to help out as much as you can, management is good, we have a little variety in culture, the hardest part of the job is we need more employees, the co-workers are hard working and you learn from them
Good pay decent benefits
Dietary Aide, Storekeeper (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2017
Good place to work. Pays a living wage. They have a tuition reimbersment program plus other benefits. The main problem is the employees fighting amongst each other all of the time and not always getting the vacation days you sign up for.
Pros
Sick pay, vacation pay, pension.
Cons
Too much dissension amongst the workers.
Good place to start a career
Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2017
Great opportunities, supportive environment. Have worked with many amazing and inspiring people. Great mission and vision, enjoy the non-profit environment mixed with new for-profit leader experience.
Pros
Opportunities for int
UMMC West Bank
NST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 19, 2017
Don't waste your time here. I was a former employee.. Always thought I wanted to and would love working at fairview but I was wrong! Pay is good, insurance is good just expensive, some staff was good.

Parking costs a ton in the ramp. And you're not even guaranteed a spot.. I used to drive around constantly trying and fighting for a spot.

Insurance costs a ton.

Most of the RNs ignore CNAS and look down on them, they think they are better than them.
A lot of the RNs and charge nurses are rude. On all the floors, 10a, 8a, transitional care, acute rehab, emergency.

It's a lot of psych patients even on med/surg floors

Double rooms for patients

They room medical patients with the psych patients.

Patient transportation leaves early and then it's up to CNAs to transport everyone to X-ray's, ultrasounds, CTs, etc. And while you do that the RNs you're working with get mad and complain that you're not available.

They run staff at bare minimum... I used to work at another local hospital and the staffing there was so much better.. Instead of being up an aide and making everyone's evening a breeze for one shift... they either mandate people to stay home or put them on call.. Leaving the people that do work bust their butts.

They don't distribute surgical patients evenly.. I would get 5 in a row.. Along with my other 7 patients. And surgicals take a long time to settle in.

Generally when I worked I would have a minimum of 12 acute patients to myself. I at one point at 24 to myself of very demanding patients, and RNs are lazy and never helped out
  more... with me even though they knew I needed help.

It was always my dream to work at fairview but I was so wrong.. It's worse than a long term care facility.

It's not worth it.. I would rather make a dollar or two less to work at a long term care facility instead. I hated it, it was awful.
Pros
Pay
Awful place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 12, 2017
Never enough staff always working short. They could care less about staff. Never was able to go on my break on time. Always overworked. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Never enough staff always working short, They could care less about staff, Never was able to go on my break on time, Always overworked, I wouldn't recommend working here
Not enough work
CUSTOMER ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 7, 2017
Personally I like a challenge and I feel there is not enough work. It is a very laid back culture, I am more of a fast paced, get it done kind of worker.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 1, 2017
Fairview Riverside offered Employee Help , Fund raising for non-commercial organizations. It was family friendly, supported the Community, and diverse
Pros
Family Environment, Pay, Travel, and Flexible
Cons
Staffing
Horrible Management Misleading
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  NorthlandMarch 27, 2017
Very unorganized, staff is unfriendly and rude due to the overwhelming duties that are given, and can not keep up. Management does not support staff. Staff are reprimanded when they can't not keep up with unrealistic job duties. No breaks manager does not break or make sure staff is taken care of
Cons
This is the best place anyone will ever work at.
Drug Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 2, 2017
It is always fun to work here and this is because of the people I work with.Every day is a learning day since I deal with p people from different cultures social and economical backgrounds that makes it very difficult to trust one right away.
co-workers are nice to work with and are team players
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 27, 2017
This job can get stressful, but it also is rewarding knowing that you are helping people to lead healthier lives. It's nice to go out on the floors once in awhile to see the patients interact with them directly.
Pros
birthday recognitions, willingness to work with employees schedules
Cons
short staffed
Postive workplace
Clinic Manager II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 24, 2017
Allows employees to exceed at what they do best. Willing to think outside the box and encourage development. Positive environment.
Challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 4, 2017
I was able to broaden my skills with constant changes & job requirements and loved being able to communicate with patients. Very disappointed as new leaders were chosen with less skills than previous management. Employees often were not recognized for their length of service commitments. In recent years, we were often short-staffed making it difficult to give patients the attention they deserved.
Pros
Rewards annually to recognize attention to detail which was tracked regularly
Cons
Short-staffed
Great Company in Helathcare Provider space
Senior Director/Business Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2017
The IT Department is an organization with very talented tenured folks. Much like many organizations the demand far out weighs the supply of resources. The organization is on the forefront of transforming technology and the use thereof at Fairview.
Pros
Great work environment, very talented folks
Cons
the upper management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairview Health Services Reviews by Location