Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

UMMC West Bank
NST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 19, 2017
Don't waste your time here. I was a former employee.. Always thought I wanted to and would love working at fairview but I was wrong! Pay is good, insurance is good just expensive, some staff was good.

Parking costs a ton in the ramp. And you're not even guaranteed a spot.. I used to drive around constantly trying and fighting for a spot.

Insurance costs a ton.

Most of the RNs ignore CNAS and look down on them, they think they are better than them.
A lot of the RNs and charge nurses are rude. On all the floors, 10a, 8a, transitional care, acute rehab, emergency.

It's a lot of psych patients even on med/surg floors

Double rooms for patients

They room medical patients with the psych patients.

Patient transportation leaves early and then it's up to CNAs to transport everyone to X-ray's, ultrasounds, CTs, etc. And while you do that the RNs you're working with get mad and complain that you're not available.

They run staff at bare minimum... I used to work at another local hospital and the staffing there was so much better.. Instead of being up an aide and making everyone's evening a breeze for one shift... they either mandate people to stay home or put them on call.. Leaving the people that do work bust their butts.

They don't distribute surgical patients evenly.. I would get 5 in a row.. Along with my other 7 patients. And surgicals take a long time to settle in.

Generally when I worked I would have a minimum of 12 acute patients to myself. I at one point at 24 to myself of very demanding patients, and RNs are lazy and never helped out
  more... with me even though they knew I needed help.

It was always my dream to work at fairview but I was so wrong.. It's worse than a long term care facility.

It's not worth it.. I would rather make a dollar or two less to work at a long term care facility instead. I hated it, it was awful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
EVERYTHING
Awful place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 12, 2017
Never enough staff always working short. They could care less about staff. Never was able to go on my break on time. Always overworked. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Never enough staff always working short, They could care less about staff, Never was able to go on my break on time, Always overworked, I wouldn't recommend working here
Not enough work
CUSTOMER ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 7, 2017
Personally I like a challenge and I feel there is not enough work. It is a very laid back culture, I am more of a fast paced, get it done kind of worker.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 1, 2017
Fairview Riverside offered Employee Help , Fund raising for non-commercial organizations. It was family friendly, supported the Community, and diverse
Pros
Family Environment, Pay, Travel, and Flexible
Cons
Staffing
Horrible Management Misleading
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  NorthlandMarch 27, 2017
Very unorganized, staff is unfriendly and rude due to the overwhelming duties that are given, and can not keep up. Management does not support staff. Staff are reprimanded when they can't not keep up with unrealistic job duties. No breaks manager does not break or make sure staff is taken care of
Cons
This is the best place anyone will ever work at.
Drug Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 2, 2017
It is always fun to work here and this is because of the people I work with.Every day is a learning day since I deal with p people from different cultures social and economical backgrounds that makes it very difficult to trust one right away.
co-workers are nice to work with and are team players
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 27, 2017
This job can get stressful, but it also is rewarding knowing that you are helping people to lead healthier lives. It's nice to go out on the floors once in awhile to see the patients interact with them directly.
Pros
birthday recognitions, willingness to work with employees schedules
Cons
short staffed
Postive workplace
Clinic Manager II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 24, 2017
Allows employees to exceed at what they do best. Willing to think outside the box and encourage development. Positive environment.
Challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 4, 2017
I was able to broaden my skills with constant changes & job requirements and loved being able to communicate with patients. Very disappointed as new leaders were chosen with less skills than previous management. Employees often were not recognized for their length of service commitments. In recent years, we were often short-staffed making it difficult to give patients the attention they deserved.
Pros
Rewards annually to recognize attention to detail which was tracked regularly
Cons
Short-staffed
Great Company in Helathcare Provider space
Senior Director/Business Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2017
The IT Department is an organization with very talented tenured folks. Much like many organizations the demand far out weighs the supply of resources. The organization is on the forefront of transforming technology and the use thereof at Fairview.
Pros
Great work environment, very talented folks
Cons
the upper management team
Fairview
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care, revolves around patient care. Checking in and scheduling appointments for many patients daily. Working the work queue, making sure all accounts are accurate for billing. maintaining Physician letters and mailing them to the proper referring physician. checking claims for accuracy. daily eligibility checks.
A typical day at Therapeutic Services Agency revolved around billing. Checking claims for accuracy for submitting them. Applying payment to patients accounts. Daily eligibility, obtaining authorizations for treatment, intakes, account maintenance.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
hard to get a day off
Productive, friendly fun environment
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Fast paced working environment in a callcenter, scheduling appointments for patients and verifying insurances, conference calls as need from doctors to nurses, transfer calls to clinic as needed, find interpreters when for patients with language barriers and conference call to set up appointments. I've learned to be patient and ask plenty questions when in doubt.
Pros
potlucks, snacks
Cons
short lunches
Tons of opportunities
Support staff (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Fairview is a perfect company to strive to work for if you plan on settling down on the range. The medical field will always need the help and it's also a great life experience.
Pros
Love the meal benefits. Most of the staff are more than willing to help.
Cons
Expensive health care. Low pay.
No advancement
MN- Spanish Interpreter II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
God way to get a lot of professional experience. However, you will never go up the latter. There is nowhere to go. NO benefits for on-call.
Pros
Great place to get real expereince
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
Great First Job
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 22, 2016
This was a great part time job as a 16 year old. I learned a lot and it really got me a head start in the professional working environment. The pay wasn't very good though.
Stay far away!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 20, 2016
Absolutely terrible place to work. 8 years of my life wasted at that place. They don't care about their employees at all. All they care about is money. Management is a joke. They don't care about their patients either. Everything is about money. You may think your doctor is great, but really, they talk about you after you leave. Not always good talk either. Oh my gosh the drama!!!! Gossip and drama daily! Stay away, unless all you care about is helping the facility get as much money as they can.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No breaks except lunch (sometimes), drama, gossip, everything besides pay
Great staff
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, TXDecember 19, 2016
Great place for taking care of residents and loved ones. The building may not be the best looking place but the staff is loving and caring.
As a health worker, I am patient, respectful, on time and fast learner.
CNA/Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 21, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is "TEAMWORK"
Lose resident or patient is the hardest part of the job.
I have learnt communication is a vital important.
This was an internship
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 3, 2016
My overall experience with Fairview was great. They are wonderful to their patients and very hard working.
I learned so much in my internship, enough to prepare me for a job in a hospital/clincal setting.
Wonderful place to work
OB/gyn (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 20, 2016
Worked as a generalist-so much variety of lab work to do. My manager was amazing and understanding. My co-workers were always helpful.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
Living in Minnesota

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairview Health Services Reviews by Location