Fairview Health Services

Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

Fairview's work enviroment
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Fridley, MNMay 16, 2015
Fairview is a great place to work and I would encourage people to apply. Our Facility is busy with great patient care. I have learned to be an execellent Tech with great Patient care. Our staff is amazing. The hardest part of our job is when we are under staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything.
Productive workplace
SUPPORTING STAFF GREENVIEW (Former Employee), Hibbing, MNMay 8, 2015
My typical day at work consist of getting residents out of bed in the morning, getting them ready for the day, and assisting them with any tasks they need help with.
Environmental Operation Manager, Interim Director (Former Employee), Mpls MnMay 4, 2015
It is a great place to work. I really loved it there upper management needs to work more on the floor. If they had a job opening I would go back.
Not a positive work atmosphere
Leadership (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2015
Pros: Name well known, large benefit pools
Cons: Silo'd departments, Management lies to keep staff
Top management makes managers stick to fte budgets although our providers are booked out 3-4 months, they will let go of staff because corporate makes us meet unrealistic goals. Human Resources does their own thing, not following rules, one specialist does something completely different than another in the same scenario. ...no consistency throughout the company. Negativity throughout, closely retiring staff are not cross training on their positions and staff left floundering. Not a mentally safe place to work!!
3 overall
Supply Chain Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: leadership, and contant staff reduction
Poor Management. Several Leadership changes, including VP's and CEO. Constant staff reductions. Life work balance was appropriate. Benefit package was average. Good retirement. However removed Pension.
great co-workers
License Nursing Assistant, Team Leader (Former Employee), Hudson, NHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: bonus for extra work
Cons: short staffed at times
I think although this job was demanding people were treated with respect.If you had an issue the open door policy was there an encouredged
Great teamwork
CMA (Current Employee), Chisago City, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Our team in the clinic works very well together and can communicate with each other very well. Everyone is cross trained so we are able to help each other out.
Dedicated Company with Great People
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: people, benefits and work pace
Cons: the drive was long for me.
Fairview Health Services is a great place to work. Management took time to care about you as an employee and make you feel like you are more than just a number.
Fun to work for.
(Student Internship) HR Recruitment Center (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 4, 2014
My internship was always the best thing I looked forward to, after my classes were over with!
Nursing Station Tech -Nursing Asst/HUC (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: parking
The best thing about working at Fairview UMMC was the patients. There was always a variety of needs. You learned ALOT.
Fairview Health Service
Sustainability Manager (Current Employee), MinneapolisNovember 5, 2014
With a new CEO, Fairview has progressive goals and is truly focused on improving the patient experience, enhancing community health, and lowering costs for the consumers.
Numbers Over People
Nurse (Former Employee), Bloomington, MnSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good people doing the actual care.
Cons: no breaks, working short often, poor (if any) benefits, indifferent management
Fairview doesn't care about its employees. Turn-over is high, morale is low, and management has no clue how to fix it, nor do they appear to care.
health services
Receptionist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: they were always switching our supervisors for different departments
i would answer phones and put in insurance information or if they needed to change it and organize the mail. I learned on how to do different insurance. Got a long with my coworkers. i did not find anything hard about this job. I got to learn new stuff
Productive and enjoyable place to be employed
LPN (Former Employee), Groton, CTAugust 12, 2014
Very well maintained facility, staff as well as residents were spectacular to work with. the most difficult part of the job was time management.
Patient Representative (Current Employee), Edina, MNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: fun co workers
Cons: extremely busy
It is a very busy place to work, the management is corporate run, the hardest part of the job is dealing with a lot of elderly patients, I like all my coworkers
student intern
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Edina, MNJuly 5, 2014
I was a student intern for 3 months and absolutely loved the work environment. Very competent and friendly employees that took pride in their everyday work.
Busy medical assistant work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Apple Valley, MNJune 22, 2014
overall great experience at this job
repetitive rooming all day. appts are every 20 mins and most providers all full all day.
Too top heavy
Transplant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2014
Pros: local company
Cons: top heavy, low wages, unbalanced salaries
Fairview has the potential to be a fantastic place to work. However, administration is incredibly top heavy- meaning any decision takes months, and LOTS of money, to conclude.

One of the BIG drawbacks is PTO use. I have worked at other facilities where PTO is used for sick/vacation. However, even non-hospital employees use PTO for everything, including holidays. This wouldn't be such a big problem, but as office employees, we are not ALLOWED to work on holidays, so unless we want to be unpaid for the day (or two, depending on the holiday), we must use PTO.

Another is the unbalanced salary. My job is a pretty skilled one- we must know very specific things. We are paid less (by an average of $4 an hour) than an administrative assistant in a clinic. Though we have fought for higher salary, we never get it. What we DO get is a lot of 'circle talk', but never any answers.

Also, for union employees, interviews are pretty much a formality. If you have seniority and have a word in your work history resembling something in the job you're applying for, it's yours.
Great place to work!
Casual Counselor - CD Counselor II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2014
Pros: healthy environment, good pay and benefits
Cons: lots of changes are happening currently, advancement can be slow
I have always enjoyed working at Fairview. I feel supported and encouraged by colleagues and management. I enjoy helping others and can't think of a better place to do it than here.
UMMC Laboratory
Laboratory Care Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: managment
Overall I loved working in the laboratory at UMMC. After the move of Amplatz to the East Bank things went downhill fast.

Fairview Health Services Salaries