Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly and fun place to work
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2016
Typical day at work, scheduling patients for injection, calling the insurance companies for authorizations for the injection. Work close with the nurses and physicians. I learned all the different types of injection that the physician can give to patient to help the pain. I also learned how to do intake. The management was friendly. My co-workers were friendly and willing to help you. The hardest part of the job was getting the authorization from the insurance companies to cover the injections. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I helped many patients get pain relief by getting their insurance to cover the bill.
Pros
Being able to multi task and work with the nurses and phyiscians
Cons
Good reputation, good benefits and great co-workers!
Utilization Review & Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  400 Stinson Blvd NE, Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2015
Like working for Fairview. Would like to increase wages and work closer to home. However, I need a more challenging position and more variety. I Like working with Patients and Insurance Companies and getting the information they need to support their up-coming procedures and getting that prior authorization. This makes me feel a real sense of accomplishment and utilizes my clinical background
Pros
Always a campaign / fund raiser going on, creating some special activties
Cons
Too far to drive, too many monotonous accounts to work, would like more interesting cases.
Horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 6, 2016
I was officially hired, went to orientation, and after 4 days of that, they decided to not take me on as an employee. It was a scam, I know one of the instructors didn't care for me, and I found out the manager that initially hired me, resigned also at this time, thee was BS going on behind closed doors, don't recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Lots of changes to a great program
CD Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2016
Had been a good place to work, but after director Jeff Powers retired the current management is floundering. Lots of staff changes in the past 6 months. Too top heavy and changes take too long. Counselors go out of their way to get the job done and serve the clients in the best ways they can. Unfortunately management doesn't seem to care about the client experience and it's largely "filling beds" and "don't rock the boat" mentality leaving staff between a rock and a hard place. Also no one knows about the program unless it's word of mouth. There apparently is no way to get an advertising budget. Web presence is largely non-existent. Sad.
Can be a highly stressful place to work.
Denied Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
The employees had very nice break rooms with vending machines, several microwaves, a couple of refrigerators, and a small library of paper back books. The building had 3 floors and each floor had a break room like this.
Pros
Was allowed 2 breaks a day along with a 30 minute lunch.
Cons
Pay wasn't the best but at the time I was there the benefits were good.
Great supervisor and a very loving place
Volunteered Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Princeton, MNMay 23, 2016
Fair view Princeton MN is a moderate small hospital. everybody know each other i got noticed very quick. people their are very friendly. my supervisor was very supportive and knowledge and gave me great instructions on how can i become a successful Biomedical Equipment Technician.
Pros
small place friendly people.
Cons
very tiny office and shop.
I would not work for this company, no matter how much you paid me. they don't care about they're employees.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2016
This company tried to ruin my career. They are ok if other employees don't do they're work and they are ok with employees that bullies others.
Pros
wage was good but you do you own reviews as well as your co-workers who don't like you
Cons
management hide and don't take care of problem that you need help with.
Find another place inless you like back stapping and stress.
Technician (Former Employee) –  PrincetonMay 12, 2016
Worked for fairview for many years but when they are done with you they will find a way to get rid of you. Bad management no training to managers so they were bad examples.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work enviroment micormanages everthing so managment just takes vacations.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 25, 2016
Customer service, inbound calls, outbound calls, and organizing documents.

Fun environment and friendly people.

Working at this company has helped me gain knowledge and patience when it comes to dealing with a variety of culture and patients.
Pros
friendly workers
Culture of Fairview has declined due to the creation of the North, South and Central Regions
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  North RegionOctober 13, 2015
Worked for Fairview for 15+ years. Had a excellent experience when working in clinic setting as well as the first seven years of quality department. Fairview systems changed to regions and the new north region quality department leadership is not desirable. The number one reason people leave a job is due to management.
Great Place to work
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 10, 2016
Lots of variety and interesting things to do, good people to work with. It can be hard to find your way around through all of the halls but eventually you figure it out.
Pros
Ok cafeteria, nice people and management ok
Cons
It's health care, at times can be stressful but in general ok.
Basic OR
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 27, 2016
Great place to work, though a few of the surgeons need to be reigned in with there attitudes.

Not much call, decent schedule, decent hours.

limited variety of surgical cases
Pros
Nice facility, nice schedule, efficient
Cons
a few really awfully rude/neurotic surgeons
Great shadow experience
Job Shadow (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2016
Shadowing physicians and allied health professionals made easy by Fairview staff. Very flexible with opportunity and allow you to engage in a variety of difference areas to engage in the healthcare field.
I love everything about Fairview
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2016
I Love working for a company that treats the employees well. It's just a great atmosphere and in return, the employees take great pride in their work and that means excellent patient care.
Great learning experience in the medical field
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNFebruary 19, 2016
It is a great hospital and good experience. I have learned so much about the medical field just by working there. I was also going to school at the time. Their schedule was really flexible
Interesting, rewarding at times yet many challanges
Leasing Agent/Apartment Complex Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 29, 2015
Days could be some what stressful at times but I was always willing to go the extra mile to help out and find a way to make things happen.
Cons
No benefits compensation
productive and enjoyable place to work
CST (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2016
I am casual and have been for the past 5 years. I enjoy the flexibilty of working in many different areas. I usually work almost full time hours and am a very dedicated employee with a positive and up beat attitude.
Pros
flexibility
Love the employees, very personable.
Medical Assistant Extern Student (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNMarch 9, 2016
Not Just a number, very personable. Employees care for the patients and make their health their priority. love this location
Everyone has one foot out the door
nurse (Current Employee) –  Oxboro, Bloomington,MNNovember 3, 2015
Used to be a nice clinic to work at. New and always changing leadership who do not care, has resulted in a major loss of good employees and what seems to be impossible at getting and keeping new employees. Turn over is high and morale is at an all time low.
Pros
Co wokers and MD's are nice
Cons
Always work short, get pulled to dept regardless of training, no breaks, always leaving late, supervisors who are cold and uncaring
Fairview services experience
Registeration (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNJanuary 17, 2016
Fairview services is a progressive and supportive
Work place great leadership and opportunities.
A great research hospital and medical specialist
Pros
WORK OPPORTUNITIES
Cons
NA