Fairview Home Care and Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

volunteer
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2016
helping elders to get through their life endeavors before their calling home. I give them massages, read books to them, take clients for walks if their able and be a great companion with them and for them.
Pros
i love to be around elders to help them and comfort them.
Cons
n/a
Ok place to work.
HIM Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be nonstop working.
I have learned that working for some facilities can be rewarding and some not so rewarding no matter how hard you work. Management is just management. Co-workers can be rewarding and kind. The hardest part of the job is the non support. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support the team had for each other as a group.
Pros
Blank
Cons
Blank
Productive and fun work place with extra curricular acitivities for everyone, patient focused and compassionate, staff and patient welfare are optimal
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 9, 2013
I start my day with a visit to 4 to 6 patients. I get my assigned patients, read their cases, call them up and set up time for visit. At the patient home, I will greet the patient, introduce myself, explain why am there and what am going to be doing. For instance, inform the patient step by step about my job for that visit, ask patient if he/she has any questions, thank the patient. Basically, perform holistic nursing to the patient. The management cares a lot about productivity, prioritization, education to name but a few nursing skills. Management is very organized and there is always a resource nurse to answer questions when needed. My co workers communicate very well through plan for next visit, vm, emails to name but a few medium. We do care coordination with each other and follow up neded for consistency. We als care coordinate with physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapist, doctors, nurse practitioners, social workers,oharmacists, Medical supplies companies such as handi medical, merwin, to name but a few health care providers. We use electronic medical recording for documentation and care collaboration. The hardest part of the job is safety of staff in going from home to home to see the patients. For instance, not knowing if it is safe to go to this or that patient home. But I personally have not had any problems visiting any patient in there various homes. Also the driving from place to place is another hardest part of the job especially during road constructions and you have to meet with a patient at a stipulated time. You have to learn to avoid  more... all road blocks to meet all assigned patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients in their homes and making sure they stay out of the hospital. The electronic medical record makes documentation very easy and it is a fast paced technological sound management. The technology is mind blowing because we have a mobile team that is readily available to visit the patient home to prevent patient from hospitalization. the mobile team is very handy and very responsive to all calls. We also collaborate with life line and telehealth personel to ensure that patients reach the optimal goal of independence in their homes. Everything the patient needs is made available in their homes. We provide Home infusion therapies, blood draws, INR testing, diabetic management with guidelines for teaching the patients, pain managements, wound and ostomies cares, catheter cares, to name but a few skilled nursing cares. There is room for growth in this company.  less
Pros
free education and continuing education classes, conducive and safe place to work, employees are happy, employees are recognized for the work they do by giving them gift cards or recognition letters, free immunizations, to name but a few
Cons
no cons
Huge RN Turnover
RN (Former Employee) –  MNFebruary 7, 2013
Turnover rate is high because of staffing issues (how your daily workload is assigned to you) but management is also on the cool side and software used is outdated and not user-friendly. In order to survive here you have to work long hours to build up your own caseload and even then you work more than 8 hours/day (which is why they do not pay hourly). Additionally, there is a 6 pt daily quota they expect of RNs, requiring a get-in-and-out-as-fast-as-you-can mentality in order to meet it. This focus is what forces many into the longer hours if you are staffed poorly (happens a lot), believe in quality care and your license is important to you. Management will argue that your organizational skills are the key and while this is important, it really is the quota, how you are staffed, your chosen level of care and a lead foot on the gas pedal.

On the upside I met some wonderful, caring nurses who provided best care possible and I also liked the independence. If you want to work home care, make sure you negotiate a good wage beforehand because your previous experience, long hours and quality care will definitely deserve the compensation (if you have kids in daycare you'll need it to pay for the late fees).
Pros
helping people to remain in their homes, co workers.
Cons
staffing, management, software, quota nursing, long hours.

Fairview Home Care and Hospice Reviews by Job Title