Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation

Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

boss micromanages, super stressful workplace
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 8, 2017
Quickly became toxic work environment where the boss has his favorites that have been with him for years and everyone else is an outsider. There are a handful of people there that are as happy as can be but the other dozen are there and wanting to or planning to leave simply based on how the office runs and how the boss manages. Boss doesn't give clear job duties and you are scrutinized for either doing too little or too much, lose -lose situation
Pros
paid the bills.....
Cons
toxic work environment, micromanagement, no clear job duties, favoritism
Productive and Fun Work Place
Loan operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 30, 2017
Fairway is a Great company to work for ... I was tremendously blessed during my time there..... very productive and fun place to work.. i'd recommend it
Great training and support
Loan Officer Assistant and Processor (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WANovember 29, 2017
I was a processor and so my day was busy start to end. I learned a lot about the loan process and was taught a lot about the mortgage industry. The culture was relaxed yet competitive. The hardest part of my job was learning guidelines. I was able to work from home quite often which I loved.
Pros
Able to work remotely
Cons
New management that had difficulty with structuring office rules.
Fun
SR. NEW LOAN SETUP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 29, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible schedule, fun environment to work in. Mangers are understanding and are willing to work around your work life sch, such as kids and daycare.
Casual enviroment with lots of free food
Loan Processor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WANovember 16, 2017
Pro's:
Birthday's we all get catered lunch
Casual attire
AMAZING branch manager
Work from home opportunities
Job Advancement
MOST people get a long
Nice, daylight office
Good benefits and time off is okay

Con's:
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
In office gossip
There's lots of 'clicks'
Got a $2 an hour raise after 1 year, requested another raise after 2 and was denied. However, new person in my position that was my supervisors Son In Law, bonuses increased from $25 a file to $50 a file after just 4 months with no prior experience. I NEVER was approved $50 a file.
No separate sick live, just 160 hours of PTO per year.
Great company but...
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2017
Great company that takes care of it's employee's mental and physical wellness. But everyone there knows each other so the only way to get in is to know someone and get referred in. It works on hierarchy so don't tick someone who is close to someone high up. You got to acknowledge the high up people and if you accidentally rub someone the wrong way it's your job on the line.
Pros
benefits, caring CEO, mental and physical wellness
Cons
it's about who you know
Great cooperate support
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 16, 2017
The corporation is great, each branch is operated independently but the corporation does a great job at making sure each employee has what they need and includes every employee nation wide.
Pros
flexible hours, lots of products, great support and communication.
By Far the Best Company to ever exist
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 12, 2017
Fairway Mortgage is amazing. The operations staff is so caring and make it their mission to help you. The management team is heavily involved and understands what is going on "in the street". Best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great pay, support, culture, product mix
Great Benefits is the Highlight
Corporate Closer (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2017
The benefits are great, but had an awful experience with a prejudiced manager, and the salary is good for someone living in a small town. They're systems are slow and it seems to be diving head first into a full-blow big corporate attitude. They seem to be seeing less of the individual as a person, and greet is in the air.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary could be better
What I Learned
Wire Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 4, 2017
I was able to pick up some skills that I was able to use to grow and develop currently. The management was to busy micro managing and made the work environment uncomfortable. Favoritism was visible here and it is hard to advance here if you are not a favorte
Great company
Loan Originator Assistant and Loan Set Up (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 26, 2017
The company itself is amazing. They give back to those that have served, they have great loan options, good training, but the management of each branch needs to be restructured.
Pros
Great staff, flexile hours
Cons
Management and hiring of family or close friends
Too many things going on
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 13, 2017
They have many processes and/or too many tools. It's overwhelming. Writing this review makes no sense if there's a minimum character that needs to be covered. Fullfilled, thanks
no comment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 31, 2017
I really would not work for this company ever! or would I recommend the company. Very disappointed with management and how I was treated. I have nothing else to say
work from home
Closer/Funder (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 16, 2017
Fairway is a great company all the way around. you get to work remotely from home, they provide the equipment needed to do your job. They have core values, treat people fairly, you get to pick the hours you work.
Sr. Processor (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CA 92562August 4, 2017
Great company. Great people. Great work support. Benefits are good, company provides discounts for employees. Management is always available to employees, doors are always open.
Great Company
Mortgage Loan Processing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 23, 2017
Great please and environment, the structure and training for employees is very informative. It is a company i like to go to every single day to work and help my clients to the best of my ability
Pros
Love it
Great!
Vender Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 17, 2017
The work is projects most of the time but a amazing Company. There is opportunity there but depending on what field you are going into or career. All around great people, great company, and still growing.
Great Company to Gain Experience
Data Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 16, 2017
Fairway embraces a very employee centered culture, while identifying opportunities within their staff for advancement. They are not afraid to acknowledge successes and provide desired responsibilities when available.
Pros
Eclectic experience and employee centered culture
Cons
A little clique with coworkers and managers
Not the environment I was looking for
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 10, 2017
This was a broker firm. The workplace culture was not the place I was looking for. I did process loans here, and made the dates to get the loans closed.
Cons
Insurance
Great office with people focused on helping others
Marketing & Loan Officer Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJune 18, 2017
The culture at the office was so warm and helpful. Each loan officer and assistant was very willing to assist others and make sure the team was taken care of. When some struggled, others stepped in. Great place to learn the mortgage industry. My manager is a great teacher and has great values. The office promotes taking care of the customer and realtors as you would family. Love Fairway!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation Reviews by Location