Fairway Employee Reviews

Fairway
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2017
Dislike this place.. very unorganized and management at this place are not friendly. Very hands on and not a hard job at all. You deal with a lot of people
It is a very diverse job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Working at Fairway has given me the opportunity to work and achieve better customer service. I am able to interact and assist customers as well as being a cashier. I help customers understand how some prices we have to certain items we sell are or different from other Fairway Markets they have shopped at. I learned in this job we value a lot of customer service and we want them to keep continuing to come shop. The management their is intact but can be more organized. The hardest part of my job is dealing with customers who we are trying to help them understand and proceed to give them customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we meet people from all over the world which makes our company so diverse and expands horizons. We help the customers and they keep coming back.
Pros
Friendly, Understanding, Customer Satisifaction
Cons
Short breaks, Breaks never given on time, favoritism
A great place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
I feel appreciated. I also feel like I have an opportunity to advance in the company. People love to teach and learn. I enjoy management because they are fair and knowledgeable. I enjoy all aspects of my job.
Great work environment
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Great atmosphere, team, and management. Everyone works as a team, and assist if needed. Great to communicate with the management, or co-workers.
Excellent operations and internal products and controls
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 14, 2014
Several of my previous employers in the mortgage lending area have closed their operations and offices. Fairway is one of the few to stay open and would be the ideal place for a Loan Officer to work if the housing market were healthy. As it is, lending is at a low point and over-regulation by the federal government has caused a dramatic decrease in incomes and job security.

Management is capable and motivating, the staff is terrific but the market has collapsed and is still in the doldrums. Loan officers have had to find other employment.
Pros
Excellent operations and back office.
Cons
Their lending market has all but collapsed in last six years.
Productive workplace with a complex IT infrastructure
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYMay 27, 2013
A typical day at fairway as Help Desk Specialist included:
Respond to employee's computer queries and problems in a timely manner. Respond to down server, system outages, telecommunication issues/problems, and LAN situations. Coordinate resolution and escalate to vendor (outsourced system and service support), as appropriate. Production reports generation for Upper Management. Generates ad-hoc production reports upon users request. Update a knowledgebase database with daily technical issues, Maintain a daily log of work done categorized by job type. Worked in a collaborative work environment, assisting co-workers, and training new employees. The hardest part of the job was the job schedule; there were not weekends off, neither holidays. The most enjoyable part was the challenge of resolving new issues every day; acquiring a valuable technical experience.
Pros
Good job environment. Excellent upper management and co-workers relationship.
Cons
Not a well-defined IT staff salary policy.
no job security
Customer service for retail and special orders (Current Employee) –  Kips bay lower east side manhattanNovember 14, 2013
i currently am employed at Fairway. Seems like everyone i know that works there is terminated just before they make the union and benefits kick in. Not for me. In addition they have me on a part time schedule. I need full time employment or the chance to secure a job that promises or at least gives that option in the near future. a promise for opportunity to grow would be nice.

typical day at work.
retail execution, maintenance and customer service
what i learned
bake off products
management
never there in the evening supervising. they leave me alone every night. they only work days.
Co workers
Shun away from responsibility leaving me the majority of the closing duties which i feel is inappropriate
Hardest part of the job
closing the dept and working the dept short staffed every night.
Most enjoyable part of the job
the customer interaction and service i render to them.
Pros
a check every week to barely make ends meet, i still appreciate but looking to leave.
Cons
write ups for every little detail we may forget regardless of we're overwhelmed with responsibility
not a good environment
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYJanuary 19, 2014
first thing i walk in my manager doesnt even say hey good morning or afternoon, he says"ready?" feels like im a piece of meat there. nothing is hard about the job its gets frustrating how you are treated there by co-workers and managers. the most enjoyable thing about fairway is leaving. just an overall bad company to work for.pay is not bad but im looking for a career working 37 hours and making 9.50 does not cut it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
management unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
I liked the job and was good at it. I was very helpful to the customers I served. I did not like management because of how they showed favortism to certain people. Most of the workers were very nice and pleasant t be around. If management wasn't being so unprofessional, I would have never left.
Pros
Allows you to always communicate with customers
Cons
management was very immature
fun place to work
deli (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 17, 2015
it was a great company and I learned a lot in my short time their they had great management and great customer service I truly enjoyed it
smooth workplace with great employer and employees
Produce Clerk/Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
a typical day at work would include receiving payments for items purchased. Assisting customer request, and learned how to instruct a group of people on how to preoperly use a register. management was friendly and very work oriented as far as my employees they followed similar behavior. Hardest part of the job was having to see faces of people that didnt want to work certain days so they put faces of disposition.best part of my job would have to have to be dealing with customer request.
Good company
Maintenance Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 11, 2012
Good company & management. Compensation somewhat below market.
Pros
growing business
Cons
pay below market
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYApril 6, 2014
Work a hour straight before you take a 15 minute break then you work way into your shift and take a thirty minute lunch break. Management was okay and some of the assistants would help if it became too busy. Hardest part is when there is no customers and work cannot be don't i find it easier when theres work to do the time tends to go by faster.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
no complaints
Example: Productive and fun workplace and people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2012
good daily work
how to operate a cash register
good management
good co-workers
capacity of customers
helping customers
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
nice place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 26, 2013
great place to work.

team spirit. would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Hard work
Receiver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2012
average pay with little to no advancement. great for young adults and teenagers
Pros
busy, lots of work
Cons
short breaks
I love the job but not the people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2015
I love dealing with customers and people in general. I had my everyday customers and especially the children. I loved helping them out and putting a smile on there faces. They didn't understand after FAIRWAY I have a life, responsibilities, family, school. If you was Spanish they treated us different.
good products
Deli Clerl (Former Employee) –  Newyork, NewyorkMarch 6, 2012
good products, variety of health and organic choices. Poor management
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 5, 2015
Balanced cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift. Greeted customers entering the establishment
Fun Place
Sales Manager / New and Used Cars (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2015
Fun place, great staff, great co workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of sales. Great owner. A typical day is to get motivated and ready

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8