Fairway Employee Reviews

Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PADecember 12, 2017
no ping pong table though but nice place to work it was a helpful job good help co workers the co workers and staff were nice people the job was a great job and i would recomend it
No structure
manager (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 20, 2017
There was no structure, everything was handled base on the situation. There were no across the board rules. Trainings were not done and associates were not crossed trained.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stressful, No help
A great company!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 7, 2017
Fairway Family is the culture lived EVERY day. Passion witnessed in the workplace with expedited attention to detail. A fantastic work ethic displayed from th ground up. An amazing company that one does not see often.
Pros
Comparable PTO, benefits and discounts
I loved working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
It was one of the best jobs I experienced . It’s a fast paste environment . The people that work there are friendly and very helpful. The hours are flexible .
Terrible place to work!
Cheese Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Abusive and harassing management. Employees badgered and verbally abuse by management.
Employees are kept at part time status with the goal of management to eliminate before enrollment in the Union.
Subjected to reverse discrimination by management.
The union is a joke, they do not support their members. They just collect union dues and initiation fees and put on a show of support.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fareway
Stocker/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Emmetsburg, IAApril 28, 2017
Work your hours and haul out groceries all day and straiten up and clean the store at night. Great for kids in high school and part time workers. Weekly pay.
Fairway
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2017
Dislike this place.. very unorganized and management at this place are not friendly. Very hands on and not a hard job at all. You deal with a lot of people
Stressful but can be fun at times.
Frontend Manager/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Douglaston, NYSeptember 21, 2016
My typical day at work was to be sure all my cashiers were doing what they were supposed to, occasional safe count while handling paperwork. I learned how to manage everything at once. The hardest part of my job would have to be having to manage when another manager or customer service rep. calls out. The most enjoyable part would have to be watching my coworkers interact with the children and helping the seniors with their bags, it gives off a warm feeling. Fairway is a big family with rules and restrictions.
Cons
Rejected days off when needed sometimes
It is a very diverse job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Working at Fairway has given me the opportunity to work and achieve better customer service. I am able to interact and assist customers as well as being a cashier. I help customers understand how some prices we have to certain items we sell are or different from other Fairway Markets they have shopped at. I learned in this job we value a lot of customer service and we want them to keep continuing to come shop. The management their is intact but can be more organized. The hardest part of my job is dealing with customers who we are trying to help them understand and proceed to give them customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we meet people from all over the world which makes our company so diverse and expands horizons. We help the customers and they keep coming back.
Pros
Friendly, Understanding, Customer Satisifaction
Cons
Short breaks, Breaks never given on time, favoritism
A great place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
I feel appreciated. I also feel like I have an opportunity to advance in the company. People love to teach and learn. I enjoy management because they are fair and knowledgeable. I enjoy all aspects of my job.
Great work environment
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Great atmosphere, team, and management. Everyone works as a team, and assist if needed. Great to communicate with the management, or co-workers.
fun place to work
deli (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 17, 2015
it was a great company and I learned a lot in my short time their they had great management and great customer service I truly enjoyed it
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 5, 2015
Balanced cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift. Greeted customers entering the establishment
I love the job but not the people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2015
I love dealing with customers and people in general. I had my everyday customers and especially the children. I loved helping them out and putting a smile on there faces. They didn't understand after FAIRWAY I have a life, responsibilities, family, school. If you was Spanish they treated us different.
management unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
I liked the job and was good at it. I was very helpful to the customers I served. I did not like management because of how they showed favortism to certain people. Most of the workers were very nice and pleasant t be around. If management wasn't being so unprofessional, I would have never left.
Pros
Allows you to always communicate with customers
Cons
management was very immature
Fun Place
Sales Manager / New and Used Cars (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2015
Fun place, great staff, great co workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of sales. Great owner. A typical day is to get motivated and ready
okay for a temporary part time
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
i would describe a typical day at work in fairway fair.
i have learned to place orders for items needed in the grocery dep.
co-workers are very motivational group of people and enjoy working with them.
Pros
union
Cons
horrible work hours can barely meet ends meet
working hard
Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJNovember 7, 2014
very productive company with room for growth different job on hand nice place hardest part of job holidays lot's of food prep.I learned how to place orders and run a kitchen my co workers are the best easy going and respectful the joyful part of the day is to see every body packing orders and getting our job done as one unit
Pros
discount on foods and catering orders
Cons
pay and weekend
Excellent operations and internal products and controls
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 14, 2014
Several of my previous employers in the mortgage lending area have closed their operations and offices. Fairway is one of the few to stay open and would be the ideal place for a Loan Officer to work if the housing market were healthy. As it is, lending is at a low point and over-regulation by the federal government has caused a dramatic decrease in incomes and job security.

Management is capable and motivating, the staff is terrific but the market has collapsed and is still in the doldrums. Loan officers have had to find other employment.
Pros
Excellent operations and back office.
Cons
Their lending market has all but collapsed in last six years.
team work
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 24, 2014
team work commication
no hard part understanding costumer
i learned to handel money better