Faith Farm Ministries Employee Reviews

Good
Minister to students and leader among students (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 28, 2016
This is a service less than 1% get to experience and it is def. A good thing to be able to serve the great country we live in. Even in a time of war the experience I had was amazing.
Excellent Ministry / Workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 30, 2014
Auctions: Tuesday - Saturday / Manager duties rest of day.

Learned better public relations with difficult & unruly persons.

Management decisions sometimes very difficult, but rewarding.

Best friends, lots of great memories.

Putting a student out of the program, when they have broken the rules. Or hearing about a student who relapsed after graduating!

Knowing that with God's help someone like me can make a difference in another persons life.
Pros
Free lunches / vacations / benefits / good friends
Cons
the worst job you ever loved
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 1, 2016
A typical work day would start out as all workers prayed into work Re:for safe travels,being a positive role model for anyone you came in contact with,to live the day with wisdom and understanding..Things happen in everyday life and how we react to them will decide on how the day goes..!0% of what happens and 90% of how we react to it,we must analyze,prioritize and then take action..I rely on my co workers when needed but I made sure that they could count on me..For me Honesty and accountability rate very High in a work place environment ,but along with that is communication..It is key to a productive work environment...there is no real hardest part of the job unless it is lifting something that is too heavy..and still that can be done..Must make a plan and then implement that plan and adjust if need be as you go along using the best tools or manpower for the specific job or skill set required to complete said job..For me the enjoyable part is the satisfaction of a group of people working together to get something done and the sense of comradery and accomplishment when the task is done..
Pros
the ability to help others
Cons
micro management
This positon allowed me to meet all kinds of people
Dispatch/Store Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 27, 2016
I either volunteered in the clothing room in the Thrift Store or in the dispatch call center taking in donations. I worked from 9am until 5pm Monday through Saturday.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the public and meeting many different nationalities
Cons
In the thrift store i was always on my feet
Great working atmosphere
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 21, 2016
I enjoy helping customers in the store as well as learning about the antique field. The management is really great to work with and assists us when needed.
Pros
Meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons
I feel that I need to grow and the business has slowed down considerably.
Amazing way to be a part of God's Good Work
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLAugust 6, 2015
You learn to have a relationship with the Lord through his son Jesus Christ. And you get a chance to apply all that Jesus taught on a daily basis with a group of men (and some women) who are all driven toward the same purpose. As long as you keep your eyes fixed on the Lord, everything will be fine. Unfortunately in everything good there is a management; and whether or not they are Christians doesn't matter; the Lord uses even bad things for the GOOD of those who believe.
A fast-paced enviroment that fully utilizes my skills and abilities.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 3, 2013
Typical day at work would be assuring all my jobs and duties are complete at the end of the day. What I've learned is to continue that same ability for future reference. Treat management with the up most respect they very well deserve. Learn from my co-workers same way if I can easily introduce them to new input. Try and challenge myself to it's very best to complete a hard task, if not ask a manger for a solution whatever the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing my job is fully done for the day and leaving at peace with my fellow co-workers.
Pros
A friendly enviroment
Cons
Dealing with negative attitudes within the company (co-workers)
Very informative working with students who come for help, dealing with alcohol and drugs
Intake Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 27, 2015
Starts my day off by teaching Orientation class at 7:45 am. Go to my office at 9:00 am, starts taking phone calls from prospective students. Do a phone interview to determine whether they are qualified to come into the program, which is a 9 - 10 months long. Our program was a free program and we had students coming from all parts of the United States. My co-workers are a great bunch of people who believe on the foundation of our work.The hardest part is dismissing a student for breaking the rules, the enjoyable part is seeing men change their lives and stop doing the drugs and alcohol, and graduating the program.

I also worked with the Department of Children and Families to determine the eligibility of the men for food assistance. We housed over 130 men, and I was responsible for their EBT cards. Handling over $19,000 worth of food assistance. We had a partner site with DCF and I was the Designated Representative for the men.
Pros
Free housing, giving for being administrative staff
Cons
Not enough hoildays
Cashiered, priced store items for sale. operated the bookkeepers office for the first 5 years of my employment.
Bookkeeper/cashier (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 20, 2014
Things have changed in the last 7 years of my employment there. I taught myself how to run a bookkeeping office. from reconciling the safe to customer service and cashier assistance.

The store manager is an excellent manager always calm and cool and in that environment that is not easy.

My co-workers are all still very good friends.
The hardest part of the job was always staying positive in the face of some very difficult clientele. Which I managed to do at all times.

Helping people.
Pros
free lunches, decent pay
Cons
The theft control.
Life Changing experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 30, 2012
At Faith farm Ministries I am in a position where I get to help people all day every day. I have learned to be a servant, as opposed to being self serving. I have developed a new found passion for humanity. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet the needs of the customers and residents here, hardest part of my job is not being able to fulfill every need. Everyone I work with is positive and supportive, willing to give you the shirt off their back. I do have managers but I consider them to be more as mentors, they are great!
Pros
the life changing experiences!
Cons
some people don want to be helped.
A fun and Christ centered Enviroment
Cashier/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Faith FarmMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at work for me involved many jobs in one day. I learned about book keeping and all aspects of the business. I enjoyed working with my management there and they always were willing to help when available
a very fullfilling job, love working with the men
Servant Leadership Student (S.L.S) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 30, 2012
Faith Farm is hard to put into words, its always changeing. One day is not like the last. To be honest it is something that has to be experinced to fully understand how it works
Pros
helping men change there lives
Cons
not enough one on one counsling
A good Start
Senior Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 19, 2014
Faith Farm is a good place to get your feet on the ground, but nowhere to advance your career.
Very Rewarding working in a place to help people overcome overdose abuse
Corporate Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boynton beachNovember 7, 2014
This work helps you grow personal and spiritually helping others restore their lives damages by the abuse of drugs and alcohol.
Reaching out for the hurting
Customer Service Representative/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 28, 2013
Very spiritual atmosphere, Helping those who are hurt and seeking a future by christian faith.
Pros
creates a starting block for a persons relationship with God
Cons
adaptating those to the real world
Fun place to work, and the people are very friendly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 8, 2014
Preventative Maintenance is the key to making everything work the way is was intended.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
A church with a heart fot the hurting
Alpha Teacher (Former Employee) –  browardApril 27, 2013
My life was changed at this ministry, I grew up and got an opportunity to serve others in a blessed atmosphere.
Pros
Spirituality
Cons
NA
Nice place to work
Donation Sorter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 17, 2013
Enjoyed working with the clients going through the program as I felt like I was able to help them. The people I worked with for the most part were great.
great place
lawn maintainence (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 6, 2014
take care of 99.2 acres of land by cutting grass, weed eating, pulling lilly pads out of the lake, and any other maintanence that needed to be done to the property
Great management team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2013
I am glad to have been a part of the team. Fun environment. This job was very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Faith Farm Ministries. Our community is ready to answer.

Faith Farm Ministries Reviews by Location