Falcon Plastics is looking for a self motivated individual to join our corporate team as a Information Technology Assistant. This position assists the IT Manager with the operations and administration of all Windows and infrastructure platforms, with a primary focus on day to day user support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides technical support to ensure that internal customers’ expectations are met through first and second level problem determination and problem resolution efforts.
2. Gather information, diagnose the users’ needs, conduct research to find correct solutions and confirm that the users’ needs have been met or exceeded.
3. Demonstrates use of computer equipment and software to users.
4. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining IT Helpdesk software for trouble tickets. Ensures timely follow up solutions for end users’ IT challenges.
5. Responds to user inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems.
6. Provide training to internal users. Must be continually aware of upgrade and software changes that can directly affect users.
7. Documents procedures and troubleshooting solutions in IT Helpdesk software.
8. Responsible for the efficient setup and troubleshooting of printers in a Citrix environment.
9. Assists the IT Manager in monitoring and maintaining network monitoring software, antivirus, and update servers.
10. Responsible for the documentation and inventory management of equipment in helpdesk inventory system.
HARDWARE and SOFTWARE
11. Loads specific software packages such as operating systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012, SolidWorks, Antivirus, Firmware/BIOS Upgrades, Thin Client Setup, Citrix/Terminal Services, VMWare, Print Drivers.
12. Open and perform basic component replacement, installation and repair on PCs Laptops, servers and mobile devices.
13. Effectively reads and references technical manuals to learn correct settings for equipment and critical information.
14. Communicates with vendors and completes project research as assigned.
15. Records problems which occurred, such as down time, and actions taken.
16. Catalogs and maintains backup images and hard drive images site to site.
17. Maintains and completes preventative maintenance schedule on equipment.
18. Configures and maintains the setup of barcode scanners.
19. Install server and networking equipment into datacenter racking as directed.
20. Configures network switches, VLANs and routing.
21. Keeps OS Images for desktops and laptops up to date and deploys images to local and remote machines.
22. Assists with punching down new network and phone cables into patch panels.
23. Install and configure VoIP telephones and client software.
24. Maintains a clean and organized office environment, network wiring closets and server rooms.
25. Effectively provides updates, status and completion of project information to IT manager.
Education and Experience: 2 years education in related program (A.A) and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Schedule: flexible, day shift hours