FALCON TRANSPORT Employee Reviews in United States

Chaotic sometimes unorganized workplace with an adrenaline rush.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 30, 2016
Fast paced office environment with multiple phone lines ringing and coordinating with co-workers in a team effort to cover report offs, plan, track & update loads and keep freight moving.
Pros
Nice Benefits but $750. deductible. Nice co-workers.
Cons
Infrequent raises/promotions. Job security.
This company is very manipulative
Administrative Clerk/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 26, 2016
Although the money is great, the management staff is very dishonest and manipulative. They set you up to fail by not having proper training.
Good Place to Hone Skills
Log Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44505June 14, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of multitasking between data entry, answering multi-line phones, monitoring hundreds of drivers in real time to ensure they remained within the legal hours of service, maintaining over 650 driver files, creating new driver files, sorting, scanning and filing all of the company drivers paper logs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the level of autonomy afforded by management. This enabled me to prioritize and complete tasks more efficiently in a manner that best suited my abilities and the company's expectations. The most difficult aspect of the job was the lack of cooperation from other departments within the company and various terminals. The completion of many of my duties relied upon the timely completion of duties of co-workers in other departments. I did not appreciate other's lackluster performance reflecting poorly on my productivity and my inability to affect a solution due to my lack of authority and management's apathy regarding the situation.
Pros
fast paced, obtain/hone valuable skills and knowledge
Cons
lack of cordial communication between departments/terminals, lack of defined processes/procedures, management's apathy toward seemingly small issues that have huge impacts on productivity
Good company to work for
OTR Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  gary indianaMay 2, 2016
I learned a lot about truck driving and different parts of our country. I learning how to manage day and nights, while out on the road
worst company out there
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2016
they promise home-time they don't, they act like they care and understand the company drivers they don't, the trainers have lousy training skills, the truck they offer the new drivers are lousy DOT needs to shut them down I think
Pros
it's a paycheck and training
Cons
the never offer the truth
Horrible
Updater (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 10, 2016
I worked at falcon for a year. In that time, I saw more than 20 people get fired. The way they fire people is they walk up to your desk with an empty box for your belongings, and tell you "the company is moving in a different direction". You have no idea it's coming. Their trucks are terrible and the drivers would have breakdowns almost daily. The management is a joke. They literally hire anyone, and it's so unprofessional it's ridiculous. They do not give raises, but they don't hesitate to load you up with more work than one person can handle. I can honestly say it's one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
Hours.
Fun, productive company
Operations Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 19, 2016
They take care of there clients as if they were family.

Well run, organization.

Frequent employee give back days.

Felt valued to managers.

Culture of excellence
Met many people
Dispatcher/Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 9, 2016
A typical day is tracking drivers and updating their location.
Dispatching drivers from different areas in the East to pick-up freight and deliver to consignee
Ex driver
Regional, OTR and Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 25, 2016
Ok I'll start with saying, that I worked there a number of years ago . 2004 to 2009 . So as I read these complaints I'm laughing my as off . First when I started in detriot our yard was be hind a fuel station sh hole . They up graded to Romulus yard. Our equipment was junk as we had a mix of trucks from White, to freight liner, to sterlings and internationals , they up graded , when I started we didn't have auto shift trucks yet. Training was 2 weeks in Gary and 2 weeks with trainer , not much for training and they have up graded that too.As far as pay on dedicated runs ,it's simple , they bid the run at X amount per mile and that is what you get . Want to make more and raises you have to run open board .(it's not rocket science ) now for the bad lol I worked for them through the some bad economic times and left for the way they treated us senior drivers. First they took are holiday pay ,then our on time bonus and then our safty bonus . Didn't put out bid sheets for years and when asked was told I had to go OTR and if I didn't like it to turn in my keys, turned them in to Keith the next Monday , haven't looked back since. But it's not a bad company to start , do your year and move on.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Not a place to stay to long as I did
Ok starting job
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 16, 2015
Falcon is an ok starting job for truckers but they are not considerate of employees family and health. Every route I had or was offered was 12 hours and the pay did not equal.
Pros
experience
Cons
low pay, long hours
I enjoyed driving Big Rigs
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 10, 2015
Trucking is not for everyone I enjoyed it and I would like to go back and drive again. the important thing is safety on the road.
Pros
Learning to drive safely
Cons
Getting good miles
Learned much about business management in the last 14 years
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 1, 2015
Billed customer when paperwork was received thru a Translo system or received by mail. Balance invoice, for major customer with company, from reports showing was moved and what dispatch completed. Resolved any problems of missing loads not set for payment.
Learned to us AS400 and TMW computer programs to bill invoices, research and monitor all payments. Used Excel spreadsheets to help in tracking customer payments. Also, learned FMLA medical leave in the last 2 1/2 years, monitoring for entire company.
Management willing to teach any new task assigned to employee and answer any questions.
There was no hard part to the job, as I enjoyed learning new things all the time.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and talking to all customer, resolving any problems with payments.
One of the best jobs I have ever had
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 15, 2015
The people that I work with are simply friendly and charming. They know how to make you laugh and make it a great place to work. We know how to have fun but we also know when it is time to work. Overall, if you get offered a job here, take it. You will not regret it.
Pros
Fun times
Typical Driving Company
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  OHSeptember 14, 2015
If you want to be just a number in the whole scheme of things this is the company for you. It's been a while since I worked there but I was treated with respect.
Pros
New Trucks
Cons
working for the lowest bidder will reflect in your pay
Former employee
Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 11, 2015
I had the Toronto/Ft Worth run. It paid the most of any dedicated run. Had a great driver manager. By the time I was sick of driving, I was heading home. When I was sick of being home, I was heading to the yard. A good balance. Didn't understand why there were no raises.
Pros
They were bringing in new equipment just before I left, Maintenance took care of any problem I had quickly.
Cons
NO pay raises.
sad
Driver (Former Employee) –  austintown,ohSeptember 4, 2015
old trucks, lying dispatch,old trailers, poor money. only good thing home everynight. stay away in you have expericence
good place to start out
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 31, 2015
good place to start out, friendly people to work for great place to start out loads pay some what good but could be better. learned flatbed management somewhat good
Pros
good work place
Cons
load could pay better
Productive workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 22, 2015
There was definitely pros and cons to this company. The only thing I will say is that they were definitely flexible. My days were long but fulfilling. I loved, still do love driving its my world. You feel comfortable with this company. If you want to feel like you're home this is it!
Pros
Fuel Cards, EZ Pass, Cheap Beneifts, & Rewards for safe driving
Cons
Slow dispatching
trucking
Hand out equipment (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 14, 2015
same as the previoius review i worked for this company more than once. you use to be a great place to work but many changes are occuring and a lot of people will be looking for jobs in the very near future as companies are striving for higher profits and less concern about the people whol helped to get them where they are
Not a bad place would go back if offered
Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 3, 2015
Ran teams got laid off. Would go back but not teams. Was all dedicated. Equipment ok. Friendly Dispatch. Pay is good. Great company
Pros
Hometime and pay
Cons
Push you to team

2.8