FALCON TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Its ok job but is not for me lookimg to change jobs
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI to kyJune 19, 2017
Falcon transport is a good place i just can't stay over the road for a week I got a kid and my family need me home every day so like for a local trucking cdl a job to be home every day
It's a nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 11, 2017
I will recommend any body to work there they are nice and they will keep you busy 7 days a week if you available overtime is good and it's a lot of driving
Fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 6, 2017
fast pasted and always busy. I learned patience and how to open my range to oversee issues and overcome problems. Heath insurance was good and the company was always able to answer questions when asked.
Driving Experience
Van/Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Drove tractor trailers on van and flatbed side. Hauled GM parts and steel coils for mills all over the US. Gained a lot of driving experience and log book experience during this time.
Not that good
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Older poorly maintained equipment, can't get any good loads until there 3years. You have to share trucks with other drivers.
Cons
Bad csa score and poorly maintained equipment
company used to be great to work for, financial problems for the company have made this a very different company than the one i started with, very sad
C.D.L /Safety instructor/orientation instructor (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 30, 2016
Was a fun place to work with good positive attitude, i learned a lot from working there about management and teaching individuals, i liked teaching students the skills that i had learned over the years this was the most enjoyable part of the job, my co workers were all great to work with, the hardest part of the job was to tell certain students they had failed the course and were being sent home, this felt like a failure.
Pros
company has been in business for over 100 years
Cons
health care plan has changed for the worse
Great company to work for.
Truck Driver CDL (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 25, 2016
Drove truck making deliveries safely from Lorain Ford plant to Avon Lake Ford plant. Worked Monday thru Friday making deliveries in safe and timely manner. Worked with 10 other drivers. The hardest part of my job was docking tne trailers. I really enjoyed making the deliveries.
Pros
Pay
Cons
I will be here forever! Lol
Driver (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 7, 2016
I can't complain. I'm reading all these reviews and can't fathom how this is happening. I started in Feb 2016 with a Cascadia with 40k miles on it hauling dryvan. I live south of Indianapolis and I haul freight from Northern Indiana to Nashville TN dedicated. So if you're good with directions and distance.... Yea I am home every day. Only time I don't get home is if I get really jacked up in traffic due to an accident or something, or I have to take my truck in for routine service. I make about $190 a day.

Here's the deal. Driver managers are people too. They make mistakes, s**t happens. If you cry like a little baby every time it happens yes they will learn to hate you. You will get zero favor from the office. Try having a little understanding, for god sake be calm, and treat them like human beings. (Golden Rule). It will go a long way. Same goes for your dock workers if you run into the same ones week after week. That goes for any company you choose to work for. Lighten up, you're just driving a truck. It's not that hard.
Pros
Good pay, steady miles, good people
Cons
Communication, slow maintenance shop
Do not!!!
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 13, 2016
Fired under threats of violence by the Director of Operations. My pay was consistently wrong, and when I questioned it I was told I had to provide proof of what I should be getting. Old Maxxforce motors that barely ran. I got lucky in a sense, I got my first truck and it wasn't turned down. I had an excellent run that I made every time early. I was labeled as a star player and was told I was in the top 2% of drivers in the company. Every other pay period my pay was missing one section, if you calculate the amount of drivers they have it could equal out to hundreds of thousands of dollars they keep out of our pay hoping no one notices. Trailers were almost 10 years old and I refused quite a few due to failing a pretrip. Trucks barely pass for road tractors, city tractors forget it, not a chance.Management is sketchy at best. Director of Operations threatened to come find me and I had better hope the cops get there before he does or they may not find me at all. If you treated like a little kid or an inmate feel free, never again....
Pros
Cons
shorts pay, expect miracles, bad management, poor equipment
Avoid at all costs *BEWARE
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 12, 2016
In more than 20 years of driving I thought I had seen it all, that was until I started at Falcon. As others have stated the equipment is absolute junk and unsafe. The driver managers are unqualified and very unprofessional. The KCK terminal manager is a racist with a chip on his shoulder and he couldn't care less about the safety of his drivers. I've never witnessed such low morale among drivers. Save yourself a huge headache by avoiding this company at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Falcon/G.D. Leasing are by far the worst I've seen
Entry Level CDL A for the suckers
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 18, 2016
The job was just awful and after training, they threw you to the wolves in a death trap they care nothing about much less to fix.
Stay away if you value your life.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours, Rude obnoxious DM's, terrible terrible equipment
Chaotic sometimes unorganized workplace with an adrenaline rush.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 30, 2016
Fast paced office environment with multiple phone lines ringing and coordinating with co-workers in a team effort to cover report offs, plan, track & update loads and keep freight moving.
Pros
Nice Benefits but $750. deductible. Nice co-workers.
Cons
Infrequent raises/promotions. Job security.
This company is very manipulative
Administrative Clerk/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 26, 2016
Although the money is great, the management staff is very dishonest and manipulative. They set you up to fail by not having proper training.
Good Place to Hone Skills
Log Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44505June 14, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of multitasking between data entry, answering multi-line phones, monitoring hundreds of drivers in real time to ensure they remained within the legal hours of service, maintaining over 650 driver files, creating new driver files, sorting, scanning and filing all of the company drivers paper logs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the level of autonomy afforded by management. This enabled me to prioritize and complete tasks more efficiently in a manner that best suited my abilities and the company's expectations. The most difficult aspect of the job was the lack of cooperation from other departments within the company and various terminals. The completion of many of my duties relied upon the timely completion of duties of co-workers in other departments. I did not appreciate other's lackluster performance reflecting poorly on my productivity and my inability to affect a solution due to my lack of authority and management's apathy regarding the situation.
Pros
fast paced, obtain/hone valuable skills and knowledge
Cons
lack of cordial communication between departments/terminals, lack of defined processes/procedures, management's apathy toward seemingly small issues that have huge impacts on productivity
Good company to work for
OTR Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  gary indianaMay 2, 2016
I learned a lot about truck driving and different parts of our country. I learning how to manage day and nights, while out on the road
worst company out there
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2016
they promise home-time they don't, they act like they care and understand the company drivers they don't, the trainers have lousy training skills, the truck they offer the new drivers are lousy DOT needs to shut them down I think
Pros
it's a paycheck and training
Cons
the never offer the truth
Horrible
Updater (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 10, 2016
I worked at falcon for a year. In that time, I saw more than 20 people get fired. The way they fire people is they walk up to your desk with an empty box for your belongings, and tell you "the company is moving in a different direction". You have no idea it's coming. Their trucks are terrible and the drivers would have breakdowns almost daily. The management is a joke. They literally hire anyone, and it's so unprofessional it's ridiculous. They do not give raises, but they don't hesitate to load you up with more work than one person can handle. I can honestly say it's one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
Hours.
Fun, productive company
Operations Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 19, 2016
They take care of there clients as if they were family.

Well run, organization.

Frequent employee give back days.

Felt valued to managers.

Culture of excellence
Met many people
Dispatcher/Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 9, 2016
A typical day is tracking drivers and updating their location.
Dispatching drivers from different areas in the East to pick-up freight and deliver to consignee
Ex driver
Regional, OTR and Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 25, 2016
Ok I'll start with saying, that I worked there a number of years ago . 2004 to 2009 . So as I read these complaints I'm laughing my as off . First when I started in detriot our yard was be hind a fuel station sh hole . They up graded to Romulus yard. Our equipment was junk as we had a mix of trucks from White, to freight liner, to sterlings and internationals , they up graded , when I started we didn't have auto shift trucks yet. Training was 2 weeks in Gary and 2 weeks with trainer , not much for training and they have up graded that too.As far as pay on dedicated runs ,it's simple , they bid the run at X amount per mile and that is what you get . Want to make more and raises you have to run open board .(it's not rocket science ) now for the bad lol I worked for them through the some bad economic times and left for the way they treated us senior drivers. First they took are holiday pay ,then our on time bonus and then our safty bonus . Didn't put out bid sheets for years and when asked was told I had to go OTR and if I didn't like it to turn in my keys, turned them in to Keith the next Monday , haven't looked back since. But it's not a bad company to start , do your year and move on.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Not a place to stay to long as I did

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FALCON TRANSPORT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9