Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® is the world’s leading blueberry nursery stock and genetics company. We bring the best blueberry varieties to our global customers who service the commercial and nursery markets. We have an immediate career opportunity for an experienced professional to join our team.
This executive level position is responsible for overseeing the successful management of the revenue-producing functions of the company. The Director of Sales and Business Development reports to the CEO and supervises our sales and grower support teams. This position interfaces with Fall Creek’s global customer base and franchisees. Domestic and international travel is required.
- Responsible for overseeing the successful management of the revenue-producing functions of the company which includes but is not limited to, product sales, consulting, IP revenue, and new business initiatives in domestic and international markets. Also includes the oversight of international licensees and franchisees.
- Responsible for strategically planning, organizing, forecasting, and directing the company’s sales efforts. Ensures the successful execution of the annual marketing and sales plan. Develops and implements pricing strategies in all markets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Develops and recommends strategies to secure long-term market share. Identifies opportunities for increased product sales in new or existing geographies.
- Develops and manages the department budgets on an annual basis and oversees monthly forecasting. Sets performance goals accordingly.
- Collaborates department efforts with the production and inventory functions to ensure short and long term product availability for existing and new products.
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the Company’s strategic goals and Company culture. Establishes and implements short and long term departmental goals.
- Coaches and develops managers and employees to improve job performance. Establishes and maintains good morale, motivation, and recognition of accomplishment in all employees.
- Collaborates with the New Products Manager and marketing team on product launches and branding efforts.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAINING:
- Typically requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in agricultural business management, international business, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of agricultural sales and management experience (ag equipment, ag supply, produce) or international experience in a growing/expanding company or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a supervisory or management position in a sales environment with proven ability to manage, develop and mentor staff.
- Experience with market and sales analysis, pricing, and program management.
- Experience with sales in international operations.
- Understanding of foreign cultures and knowledge of international travel. Willingness to travel internationally as well as domestically for up to 10 days per trip.
- Demonstrated experience with planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated collaboration, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Excel and Word, and familiarity with PowerPoint and databases.
- Demonstrated track record of team work in a multicultural environment and ability to work effectively with diverse communities.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company values, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Experience with new product launches or branding strategies.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Basic understanding of intellectual property, licensing, and royalty administration.
Indeed - 4 months ago