Fall River Public Schools Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding work environment
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 15, 2015
The best part of my job was working with the children. Even on stressful days, I enjoyed helping them learn and grow. I worked with many wonderful people over the years. What I found to be the most challenging was dealing with cut backs and constraints on teachers and the impact it was having on the students.
Pros
fun working with children
Cons
politics of education system
Well paying Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 17, 2014
I loved working there. best job I have ever had. I worked very hard however I worked alone and was a very relaxing work environment. I loved my supervisor and enjoyed the job overall.
Pros
well paying
Cons
hours were from 1 pm - 930 pm
If you teach, there is no support
Itinerant SpEd Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 22, 2014
You are not appreciated by administration. Fall River Public Schools teaches to the test. There is much stress. Teacher evals are made according to whims and friendships. If you don't brown-nose the admin of your school, your eval will be trash. You will be glad to see this school district in your rear view mirror. You will find great colleagues and self centered principals and vice principals. Very cliquey.
Pros
good wages
Cons
you are on your own. mentor program is a farce. no support.
High school setting serving students who benefit from an alternative educational experience.
Social Worker/Counselor/Special Needs Department (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 24, 2013
Wonderful job experience: no two days are the same.
Co-workers are very dedicated and knowledgeable.
Pros
work week m-f
Cons
could use more space for our programs.
Hard environment to work in
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 1, 2013
The kids were by far the hardest part of the job. Also, when many teachers didn't leave work to be done for students and left the substitute to fend for themselves while trying to keep the class occupied with schoolwork that isn't available.

Many times there were miscommunications between teachers, administrators and substitutes that made the workplace a challenge to be in.
Cons
breaks cut short, no benefits