Fall River Public Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Teachers are great, Admin not so much
Special Education Inclusion/Self-contained Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 26, 2017
The teachers in Fall River give 110% to the students so they can succeed. Teachers go above and beyond the normal work day to help students. However, with such a high rate of turnover for Administration, it's difficult to keep up with the constant changes and non-qualified principals. They continue to cut essential teaching staff and hire more department heads a.k.a. administration that do not work directly with students in order to help the principals. Another important factor is the discipline. You need to have excellent classroom management skills to be successful here because Admin does not support their teachers. I would not recommend a first year teacher to come to this district.
Pros
Great teacher collaboration
Cons
Administation dies not support the teachers
Great Students
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 10, 2017
FRPS has a crew of dedicated teachers. The students come to school with a lot of "baggage" but the district is committed to ensuring they receive an excellent education.
A Day in the Life of a Music Teacher (short version)
Music Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 6, 2015
Day is 8.5 hours long (extended day program)
Learned a lot about classroom management
Get a long great with co-workers
Hardest part is the long day
Most enjoyable part is enthusiastic students
Pros
Great camaraderie, beautiful building, great health care and salary
Cons
Long hours, many students in crisis
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 15, 2015
The best part of my job was working with the children. Even on stressful days, I enjoyed helping them learn and grow. I worked with many wonderful people over the years. What I found to be the most challenging was dealing with cut backs and constraints on teachers and the impact it was having on the students.
Pros
Fun working with children
Cons
Politics of education system
Well paying Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 17, 2014
I loved working there. best job I have ever had. I worked very hard however I worked alone and was a very relaxing work environment. I loved my supervisor and enjoyed the job overall.
Pros
well paying
Cons
Hours were from 1 PM - 930 PM
If you teach, there is no support
Itinerant SpEd Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 22, 2014
You are not appreciated by administration. Fall River Public Schools teaches to the test. There is much stress. Teacher evals are made according to whims and friendships. If you don't brown-nose the admin of your school, your eval will be trash. You will be glad to see this school district in your rear view mirror. You will find great colleagues and self centered principals and vice principals. Very cliquey.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
You are on your own. Mentor program is a farce. No support.
High school setting serving students who benefit from an alternative educational experience.
Social Worker/Counselor/Special Needs Department (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 24, 2013
Wonderful job experience: no two days are the same.
Co-workers are very dedicated and knowledgeable.
Pros
work week m-f
Cons
could use more space for our programs.
Hard environment to work in
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 1, 2013
The kids were by far the hardest part of the job. Also, when many teachers didn't leave work to be done for students and left the substitute to fend for themselves while trying to keep the class occupied with schoolwork that isn't available.

Many times there were miscommunications between teachers, administrators and substitutes that made the workplace a challenge to be in.
Cons
breaks cut short, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fall River Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4