Fallon Health Employee Reviews

Lack of good management with honest intentions
overworkes (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 30, 2017
So many changes in the last few years, not cohesive. Parking downtown and the location is not the best. Some employees work hard but, the direction is so bad, it is hard to see results.
Pros
Cons
parking, management
Average environment when Nepotism runs amok!!!!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 18, 2017
The corporate leadership ( VP level;) is not too bad... but those that control the departments do not believe in cross functional leadership. This leads to some astonishingly bad decisions for the long term.
Nice people
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 10, 2017
Worked for a year as a contractor. IT and Business folks were nice and easy to work with.

Did a decent job at Agile/SCRUM although no one was formerly trained in that discipline.

Project I was on finished successfully
Pros
Culture and the people
Cons
Job security seemed to be declining as time went on
love this company
Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 12, 2017
I worked here for 17 years. I loved it here. It was just time to move on and find new challenges. I completed my growth here, and the environment was changing and I felt it was time to move on.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Company was okay
Post-Claim Reconciliation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 31, 2017
I didn't find the work to be that much effort and I once I left, I realized that they needed more structure. The culture allowed for negative behaviors by some employees and it hindered progress.
Great place to work!
Account Executive Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAMarch 22, 2017
Felt I was always helping people, had opportunity to meet and educate a lot of people in need for good health care. Great experience. Great co-workers, and good management.
Not a good place to work at.
Claims Professional (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 18, 2017
People are running out the door. Management does not treat people well. Employees do not treat each other with respect. No one is happy in the claims department. Management targets employees that they don't like and then fires them.
Pros
A lot of PTO
Cons
Mangement is spiteful
This company is a great place to work.
COB/Recovery Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 8, 2017
I worked for this company for many years and found the people there to be very respectful and professional. The company valued their employees and the overall environment was positive and socially responsible.
Great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 3, 2017
Caring work environment and encouraging supervisors. Much enjoyment caring for the elderly and maintaining their health/wellness within the community.
A great place to work among wonderful co-workers.
COB/RECOVERY ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 28, 2016
Fallon Community Health Plan was a wonderful place to work. I had numerous positions in two different departments and worked with very passionate and loyal co-workers. The managers that I had were fair and respectful of their employees. I enjoyed the overall interaction between myself and our members, employer groups, medical providers and insurance representatives.
Great Co Workers
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 12, 2016
I loved my work. Employees are not valued. New management came in that had never worked in health care. My Manager called me on my day off because she did not now how to scan records into the system. I used to enjoy every aspect of my job.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Horrible Management
Productive place
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 23, 2016
Its a great place to work. You get a great starting pay and the paid time off starts accumulating.

You get in the job training and have time to understand the material.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Fallon Values Their Customer Service Representatives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 14, 2016
New representatives receive comprehensive training that will carry you through your health insurance career. You will become proficient in knowing Medicare benefits and also have proficiency in commercial insurance with deductibles and co-pays. There is frequent in-service training to keep you informed and sharp. I enjoyed my interaction with the members as well as providers in this busy in-bound call center. You will have team leads that wear headsets who come over to reps who need additional assistance with a call. The supervisors are upbeat and engaged with their employees on a day to day basis. Customer Service Week is amazing with activites, raffles and food food food. I felt valued and appreciated at Fallon Health.
Pros
Excellent training and supportive atmosphere
Cons
When you are a new hire you may have to walk a couple city blocks to get to your free parking
Better than many companies but still average
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 2, 2016
Things started off very well and the environment here was fine. Then things started to get tough, the company was losing business and some of the best managers left. The culture is odd; people seem to work way more hours than they should. It's a great thing to work 10-14 hours to get a project done and accomplish something, but to do that ongoing is never a good thing. Some harsh managers have been brought in and the environment became very difficult before I left. I didn't mind working there then but wow am I glad I don't work there now.
Pros
Very reasonable healthcare
Cons
They expect long hours from their people, weekends, etc.
Dedicated Managed Care Organization believing in their Mission of 'Making our Communities Healthy'
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 26, 2016
Senior Management is engaged and working successfully to lead the organization through turbulent health care reform times. Co-workers are engaged and working hard to meet and/or exceed goals and expectations.
Pros
Geographic location
Cons
Limited resources
excellent company
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 2, 2016
great coworkers, management staff. Company encourages job advancement and promoting from within whenever possible
Pros
great benefits, work environment and management
great place to work at
Large Business Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 10, 2016
The people are very good to work with. Company itself for the most part takes care of their employees, however are very quick to lay off multiple people with out any notice to the employees, no severance packages.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not loyal to their employees
Very Friendly an Vibrant workplace
Senior Care Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work. Great management with a lots of opportunity to grow. Vibrant and modern company that offers you all the tools to work.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow. Community focus
Cons
need to be more multicultural
fallon health
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 18, 2015
our work environment, regardless of working in a cubical everyday, is rather pleasant as our management and supervisor team loves to get all of us involved. This helps the team stay motivated and empowered which is not something every company is able to do.

management or co-workers, they're all great at what they do and are always there for each other when needed. We have something called one on ones which really helps us express ourselves if there are any issues within the workplace. This really helps all of us to get to know one another and know what works in helping us grow.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
short breaks/ not enough breaks
Great
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work. I saw many changes when I was there and I think that it was an effort to grow the company. There were times with upper management that every thing was a big secret. I worked as a very low level employee, but I was always made to feel that my work was very important. I was in the claims department, and went there originally as a temp from Faith Cassler. All of the people in upper management and supervisors always treated me with the greatest of respect.
I think that management has changed and I only know about the department that I worked in, but it was a great working experience for me and I always felt that I was part of a team in whatever capacity I worked. I really hope that this culture continues.
I would go back in a hearbeat.
I think that Fallon is growing, but I hope that they can still make every employee feel the way that I felt when I worked there.They should not get too big. I don't think that I am the only former employee to feel this way. Great place to work and do whatever you do best, because it is appreciated.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fallon Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9