Fallon Health Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace
VP Of Financial Planning & Accounting Operations (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 5, 2015
A great company to work. A non-profit organization with supportive management. Not at all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it has become more difficult to get to know more people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were more challenging and exciting.
Pros
Good management culture that made it friendly and supportive.
Cons
Limited personal growth in management and advancement.
Great
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work. I saw many changes when I was there and I think that it was an effort to grow the company. There were times with upper management that every thing was a big secret. I worked as a very low level employee, but I was always made to feel that my work was very important. I was in the claims department, and went there originally as a temp from Faith Cassler. All of the people in upper management and supervisors always treated me with the greatest of respect.
I think that management has changed and I only know about the department that I worked in, but it was a great working experience for me and I always felt that I was part of a team in whatever capacity I worked. I really hope that this culture continues.
I would go back in a hearbeat.
I think that Fallon is growing, but I hope that they can still make every employee feel the way that I felt when I worked there.They should not get too big. I don't think that I am the only former employee to feel this way. Great place to work and do whatever you do best, because it is appreciated.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
parking
fallon health
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 18, 2015
our work environment, regardless of working in a cubical everyday, is rather pleasant as our management and supervisor team loves to get all of us involved. This helps the team stay motivated and empowered which is not something every company is able to do.

management or co-workers, they're all great at what they do and are always there for each other when needed. We have something called one on ones which really helps us express ourselves if there are any issues within the workplace. This really helps all of us to get to know one another and know what works in helping us grow.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
short breaks/ not enough breaks
Very Friendly an Vibrant workplace
Senior Care Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work. Great management with a lots of opportunity to grow. Vibrant and modern company that offers you all the tools to work.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow. Community focus
Cons
need to be more multicultural
excellent company
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 2, 2016
great coworkers, management staff. Company encourages job advancement and promoting from within whenever possible
Pros
great benefits, work environment and management
Stressful
Member Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 22, 2014
Calling people and getting yelled at most days.
I learned a lot of thing about medical and pharmaceutical claims.
Management is too strict and no one has fun.
My co-workers were awesome and then when we were having fun and making the best of a stressful day, management would get upset.
The hardest part of the job is only getting 5 call out days a year. If you miss more than 5 you get fired. Good luck to all single parents in this job you'll be fired within a year.
Nothing was enjoyable about the job. The CEO laid of a ton of people to pay his million dollar salary a year. He's also retired from the NFL.
This company is horrible to work for. I would never go back.
Pros
benefits were cheap
Cons
no job security and single parents are discriminated against.
There is no loyalty with this company, lots of turnaround and nepatism!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 30, 2014
Very stressful place to work. I always used to stay late and come in early and on Saturdays even though on Salary (no overtime). Been there for almost 20 years and just one day......poof gone! They constantly have lay offs then expect the remaining employees to pick up the slack for the missing employees. You end up doing 3 jobs or even being a supervisor but don't get the pay rate to compensate! There is no advancement unless you have it in good with managers or directors. I've known employees that were great workers but if your supervisor or manager doesn't like you they will find a way to get rid of you!
Pros
free parking - hard to come by in worcester
Cons
management
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2014
On any given day I would answer approximately 80-100 calls. I would help members with any questions regarding medical - vision - dental benefits. Explained how a deductible plan worked and all the benefits to be had with Fallon. Co-workers were wonderful smart people. I learned so much about medical plans - medicare - mass health- claims for both members and providers. Advanced claims knowledge gained on the job - loved that piece of my job. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the elderly, they are in such a tough position, I just wanted to help them all - also hard was the upset member, I am proud of my record - I only had 2 people start and end angry - I was able to calm all others down.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short or no breaks - monitored bathroom time
horrible place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 7, 2014
constantly worrying about whether or not they are going to downsize or as they call it "re-organize" the company. each of the 8 plus years i worked their they downsized every single department except for customer service. They are majorly understaffed compared to most health plans in MA and expect their employees to work like dogs with little to no recognition unless you are a manager, supervisor or work on special projects that often require taking work home or night and weekend work wich of course cuts into your time with your family or personal life. For a company that supposedly cares about making their communities healthier they have no qualms about laying off hundreds of good, hard working people throughout the years that i worked there. Folks that often time ended up on MA Health as their health insurance benefits were to expensive to continue through COBRA.
unhuman
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 8, 2015
treat call center staff like a animals

I have worked 25 years as secretary and they put me into a position I never applied for. Human Resource staff promote false information.
they also play favorites.
benefits
Cons
boot camp unhuman
Fun Work Place with Professional Growth Opportunities
Caseworker, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 13, 2015
Friendly work place with opportunity for professional growth. I mostly enjoy the challenges of working in Customer Service assisting members given the opportunity of working individually as well as being part of a team. The variation in duties is what keeps this job interesting as daily you face new challenges and satisfaction from resolving each different inquiry.
Pros
Benefit Package, Friendly Coworkers, Safe Workplace
Cons
Short breaks, Micro-managed
Considerate employer to their employees and communities need.
Consumer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 24, 2012
Friendly, clean working conditions. Great benefits package. Advancement opportunities, continued education on company products and financials. Employee acknowledgements, a pay it forward program that allows employees to help others in the community with corporate dollars. Monday - Friday work week allowing for weekends to enjoy and be able to plan personal times.
Pros
good benefit package, 401k, health insurance, paid vaca and sick time.
Love it there and got stabbed in the back with many others
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  WorcesterMarch 30, 2014
The people are wonderful and the benefits are good. Some are great! But you can get let go just like that! Two weeks later 60 new people walk in the door and 4 months later they are hiring for your position with a new title to cover their themselves. If you get a job there, put some money aside. Corporate greed.
Pros
beautiful co-workers, cool benefits, free parking
Cons
no job security, raises are terrible
Really good health benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 7, 2014
Worked for one of the best people ever. Had good coworkers. The job itself was straight up administrative assistant, nothing exciting, but nothing awful,either.
Pros
excellent boss; great benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement
Hierarchical, Paternalistic corporate culture
Senior Director, Network Development & Contracting (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 16, 2014
Company is a small, regional HMO
Opportunities for advancement are limited
Cons
benefits - earned time, incentive compensation, hr policies lag the industry
Beautiful atmosphere to give everything I have when caring for the sick.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 23, 2015
The hospital is absolutely gorgeous! I believe it was created this way so those in recovery are surrounded by beauty. That's important to one that is ill. If they are treated lousy and see lousy-that is how they will feel. St. Vincent Hospital strives to show beauty, care in and hopefully, beauty and care out for the patient!
Pros
I was trained so well by the Medical Assistant I replaced, and worked for a stellar Surgeon!
Cons
Having to work with some Nurses who don't feel as I do. Some are there for the good paycheck.
The idea of our goals is fantastic - the ability to get there is difficult
Senior Medicaid Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 9, 2015
This is a fast paced environment. A typical day includes several telephone calls from different source such as: enrollment nurses, social workers, premium billing, long term care facilities, assisted living facilities, MassHealth workers, Elder Affair attorneys, Executive office of Elder Affairs in addition to emails and assigned cases.
The beauty of this job is that we help frail elders and their caregivers find the services they so need so that they can remain living safely at home.
The difficult part of this job is that the caseload is so high that it cannot be manged effectively. Additional Medicaid Coordinators are not in the budget, and the increase in workload and responsibility leads to errors that result in delays in what we are trying to accomplish.
My coworkers are fantastic people, and we share the same goal - to get people the help they need. But unfortunately, we do not feel supported in that mission because we cannot get the help we need.
Pros
We help frail elders and their caregivers live more productive and less stressed lives
Cons
Workload increase as the company grows, but no more help
not a good place to work
NaviCare Navigator (Current Employee) –  Worchester, MAAugust 9, 2015
very disorganized and chaotic place to work. leadership is poor and management is even worse. work environment is very bad and moral is very low.
Pros
work from home one day a week
Cons
everything else
productive and safe work place
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2015
830 am - 5pm everyday.
I've learned information all about fallon health insurance.
management and my co-workers are all very easy to accommodate with. see resume.
Hard working place, with great co worker with and had. 401k
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2014
I would start off my day by setting up for my other employee, I would run off reports, sort and pass out work for each employee. Then I would start on my work, and help my co worker in any way which may be needed.

I learned quite a bit while working at this company, growth and knowledge is very important to me. My co workers were great work with they were always there to help out when needed.

The management was nice, they always tried to help you to better yourself as a person, while showing you way to help the company.

The most enjoyable part working here, was the people, my co worker and all to the connection made to other facilities to help to them in any way to better there job.

The hardest part of this job, i do believe leaving the job.
Pros
company luncheons, area luncheons together, great people to work with.
Cons
short breaks

2.9