Familia Dental Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Dont do it
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 3, 2017
It was ok to work there until people feel threatened and think you're gonna take their job. There was no room for advancement neither.It was a very unprofessional environment, and the patients were always mad.
Pros
pay
Cons
messy environment
good environment
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2017
overall good, the benefits were good. The management at the regional level was good. The CEO was very nice and down to earth. Would definitely recommend a fresh graduate to work there.
Pros
dentists are treated with respect
Cons
all medicaid
Great Place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXAugust 4, 2017
A typical day includes answering phones, scheduling appointments, explaining insurance coverage that the patient has. Explaining payment plans options such as monthly payments.
The worst place EVER! Former employee
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 1, 2017
They are very unorganized. Very unprofessional. The manager doesn't understand anything. The staff is not welcoming to new hires. Manager plays favoritism. The doctors treat DAs and front desk like they are beneth them. I worked there for 4 months and never got my 90 day evaluation. The hours are not stable. During the month of July 4 people walked out and quit, including myself. Manager doesn't care about anything or anyone.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
its a productive place that stays busy which I like
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 29, 2017
a typical work day like I stated above is very steady and busy. It has been a good learning experience working here. I enjoy the staff I work with and the manager is exceptional.
Pros
having a great manager and mentor
Cons
not being able to make all the patients happy
Very intresting
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy the pacients an co workers from time to time...tge acceot so much out of u for such less pay...i think they are just all aboit tge money..vut i will work for the again
Horrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 24, 2017
This place is a joke it's like a high school and dont take the job seriously .management is unproffesional no job security and they dont train correctly. They treat patients like garbage and talk about other employess and dicuss other employees private life or business with each other.
Pros
Cons
Horrible manangement
Would not recommend to anyone
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 11, 2017
It's very stressful you have your managers yelling at you while your making appointments to hurry up and get off the phone. You are very easily replaceable so there is no job security what so ever. This place is a joke they don't care about the patients. They purposely over book the doctors just so they can get more money
Pros
Literally nothing
Unprofessional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 10, 2017
Hired me, the. Fired their office manager, then I show up to work they don't know what to do was never told on the 5 days I worked there how much I made. Then was fired because I told them I was pregnant after I was hired and after I worked for 5 days. No one from Corp fired me they had another receptionist fire me.
Pros
Nothinf
Cons
Unprofessional
Very challanging, multitask and fun group to work with
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 29, 2017
Prepare for all AR report for 43 Clinics around nation
Adopted culture for small company compare to BOFA
Manager was the best. Very understanding and supportive
Fun small accounting team to work with
Payroll for doctors was complicated
Love my job thru out three years.
Pros
Free lunch once every three moths
Cons
Bonus during Christmas
Fun and great environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMJune 6, 2017
On a typical day at the office, we come in and great our staff. Make sure that all the rooms are functioning properly, and that everyone is ready for the day at hand. We will have a morning meeting to go over the day to come. The atmosphere in the office is great we are happy to help our patients.
Overworked/underpaid
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 5, 2017
Overworked and underpaid. This company doesn't care about their employees or patients at all. I worked in the patient care department and I always received complaints about the dentists pulling the wrong tooth or their dentures don't fit. This company is just money hungry and they will overbook their patients and have them waiting for hours.
Love my job
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 31, 2017
As a company its a great place if there wasnt favoritism among management and coworkers. Great dentist, amazing dental assistants. But when something goes wrong its easy for a manager to not take responsibility.
Pros
1 breaks
Cons
Health insurance is so expensive
Best job yet
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 25, 2017
I went back after delivery and it was amazing. I really loved this job.The company is great and the staff even more. Maybe just a little break from coorporate.
Patient coordinator/Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 20, 2017
Great place to work if you enjoy working in a fast paced atmosphere. Hours of operation are from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm. This is a great company to get all the essential experience and training to be a successful dental assistant.
Extremely Unfortunate
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 19, 2017
Former Office Manager, here. I had very high hopes for the company when I took the position, however, those expectations dwindled quickly. The company does not care about their reputation with the community at all. Upper management cares only about numbers. They ask you to do a million things at the same time and hold you to unrealistic goals. The company itself is borderline unethical. Don't even get me started on the monsters they have for dentists.

A typical day at work is truly stressful. You have to reply "read and understood" to about 20 emails a day, like you're 5 years old again. You get talked to like you're that age, as well. Corporate does not help get things fixed in the office. If you try to do right by your employees...they will stop you, which makes you look like the bad guy! They also told you that you could not take vacation time from Feb-Oct. LOL and when you asked for one day off, the best they could give you was 1/2 a day.

I was very disappointed in this experience. While I gained a lot of knowledge about what NOT to look for in a company, it was not worth the amount of slept I loss, the health issues I incurred do to stress, and just my sanity, overall. I feel bad for the next victim of Familia.
Pros
Pay for the OM position was the best thing about the job, but still just OK.
Cons
Everything listed above. If you're considering employment at the Springfield office, DON'T! I promise you.
Really fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NM 88201May 11, 2017
Family's dental was a fun fast paceddental office.I would highly recommend a friend to apply .Dr and staff on most part were a great team .corporate was harder to deal with but managable. Orthodontic Doctor was awsome and very patient he taught staff very well .
Pros
One hour lunches easy going enviroment
not the ideal place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 8, 2017
don't work there. they never give you the schedule they tell you when your hired and they don't give you time off to go to your appointments, not a good place to work.
Unprofessional, under paid, and over booked!!! Horrible!!!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 25, 2017
my summary says it all!!! Worst place to work!! Very unprofessional and dirty!!! The upper management pushes patients like cattle, everyone is a number. Reviews and wages are never on time.
Great for new grads
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 25, 2017
Familia Dental is a great place to start a career and gain valuable experience. You get to work with a wide variety of patients and cases. It is great for new grads to gain the experience they need in the dental field/

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Familia Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9