Familia Dental Employee Reviews

Great place to work really enjoy being with this company.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMOctober 22, 2015
Working at Familia Dental was a new experience for me. You learn something new everyday. There is a lot of team work, fast pace, and something different everyday. I really enjoy what I do. Management is great, they try their best to work with us and our lives outside of work. There is lots of opportunities to advance in the company, just have to want it and apply yourself. You also get the opportunity to travel if you can and experience other offices within the company.The hardest part of my job would be the long hours we work, but then again it's what comes along with being full time. The most enjoyable part is being a dental assistant getting to work with the people I work with who have became like family, and the doctors are enjoyable to work with as well.
Pros
bonuses, pay is good, paid vacation and holiday for full time, closed major holidays, travel reimbursement, insurance benefits
Cons
Great opportunity to start a career
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXOctober 23, 2015
With not much of a job history, this job gave me an opportunity to train and get certified as a Dental Assistant. The environment in the office is always positive, everyone motivates one another.. The manager is AWESOME! Keeping everyone productive in a non hostile way. The doctors are THE BEST!!! They were very patient with me while training ,and encourage us to do our best and learn as much as we can. All of my coworkers get along and help each other out. WE ALL ARE TRULY FAMILIA!!
Pros
Bonus if monthly quota is met, good pay(raises possible), and benefits available for full time employees. Great career to have, work with good people.
Cons
You may get scheduled to work until 7:30 pm, so if you have small children that go to bed early, you won't get much time with them if you are closing. Also you will have to work some Saturdays, Basically not the normal schedule for a dentist office, but its worth it.
Great Place to work at
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Espanola, NMAugust 10, 2015
I have been employed with Familia Dental getting close to 4 years in a few months. My jobs has many challenges. But at the end of the day it's very rewarding, know that we provide the best service we possibly can to each of our patients.

My daily duties included everything from running the office,and trying my hardest to give our patients 100% the best customer service we can everyday.

Management has grown since the office opened; from providing many benefits for employee's (Bonus's) and other great opportunities, from on the job training to paying for certifications.

I recommend employment with Familia Dental, only if you are fast pace and enjoy working with the public, and love challenging yourself to be your best.
Pros
Enjoy working the the public and great upper management. Your not just an employee, they treat you like family.
Cons
1) As a manger long hours. 2) No retirement offered
I love familia dental
lead assistant (Current Employee) –  EAST ST LOUISOctober 21, 2015
I have worked for Familia Dental since Feb 2012. I started off as a dental assistant and worked my way up to be the lead da and lead ortho assistant. I left Familia due to me moving. I was recently rehired in April. My experience has been great so far. I am now again the lead da. My pay is great and my hours are amazing. I am gaining so much experience at this company. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is interested in the dental field.
Pros
great pay, good experience, great hours
benefits
Office Manager
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 13, 2015
I worked have worked with Familia Dental for three years and its was probably the most enjoyable and rewarding job I've ever had.

Upper management is always there for support and will help you anytime day or night. Communication is highly important in order to maintain a successful practice and that's definitely a strength of Familia Dental.

Having reliable great staff in a very busy environment helps everyone's job run smoothly. Each day my staff has smiles on their faces, ready to help customers and interact in good team spirit and teamwork. Familia Dental contributed to this by providing training with in the company, excellent benefits, and bonuses as well as a allowing office managers to support staff with a reward and recognition program.

Great place to grow and be happy. I have a had such an awesome experience with this company. I would definitely recommend this company, which I do all the time!
Pros
Bonuses, Recognition Program, Helps DA's Become Certified
Cons
No Retirement
Great place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist/ RDA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2015
This has been my job for the past year .I am eligible for a monthly bonus, raises which are given depending on your evaluation, benefits such as dental care for employees and medical insurance . Management understands "work/life" balance and works with your schedule. Also, management listens to your concerns and addresses them promptly and in an appropriate manner.Training is provided as a new employee for up to a month and our manager and corporate are always there to help you.For example, when times get really busy, our manager jumps in where ever needed, to help the team out. I am far more knowledgeable of the insurance process thanks to the opportunity of being cross trained. As a Dental Assistant this training has given me a greater set of skills and thus, made me a greater asset. Also, Familia Dental pays for CE courses and CPR training as well. A team spirit is encouraged by upper management and they have fun competitions among the staff where you can win gifts. Everyone enjoys it. Overall, the Job culture is fun and team oriented.
Pros
great team, good salary and pleasant work atmosphere
Good work environment
Dental Assistant(current) (Current Employee) –  Espanola,NMAugust 9, 2015
I have been an assistant for 10 years and have been with this company for about 3 years or more. I have learned many new skills in this office that I had not known before. I have been able to be cross trained in many areas of this office. I have learned to be a Lead Da, Lead Da in Ortho, Front desk, CRC, and a better Dental Assistant. What I like about this office in particular is that you do not need to be educated in dental assisting that you can learn the skills in this office. Also the benefits of getting Radiology certified and CPR certified are there if you are willing to learn. The manager at this clinic has been the best manager I have ever worked for in my career. Also I like the staff that I work with. We try very hard to work as a team and at times it does get hard because we do get busy but at the end of the day we can honestly say that we have given it our 100% to make this office succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient care and satisfaction and knowing that I gave it my all to make this patient comfortable.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No benefits for Part time employees
Productive and fun work place
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NM 87031April 6, 2016
A typical day at work : sterilizing and disinfecting instruments and equipment, patient preparation, taking x-rays and impressions, performing coronal polish, restorative, oral surgery, and orthodontic procedures, instructing patients on postoperative instructions and general oral health care.

I learned it takes a lot of patience to find a good honest dentist to work for that also has patience.
Management was strict.
Co-workers were great.
Hardest part of the job, was working with stubborn dentist.
Most enjoyable part of the job, being able to apply myself.
Pros
Great Pay.
Cons
Stuck up dentist to work for.
Absolutely Horrible!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2016
I have never in all the years of me working, worked for a company who's all about PRODUCTION, and not the employees! I filed a complaint about the work environment, the manager was horrible and very unprofessional and so was the upper management! It was like I Was working for kids! I was so uncomfortable I went to HR and emailed and called them about the issues they never got back to me about it my rights as an employee didn't matter and I'm seeking further action!
Pros
Hire you fast, no drug test, you don't even need a diploma!
Cons
Little pay, long hrs, bad management!!!
Great Coworkers, Horrible Management. Extremely unprofessional.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 21, 2016
Management picks favorites. Head management makes it impossible to use your PTO or sick days. Employees aren't treated well, high stress and job security is low. If you don't achieve the crazy quotas they have then you're fired.
Pros
coworkers are fun
Cons
Productive and fun, with new opportunities.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  las cruces, nmAugust 10, 2015
At Familia Dental they provide many opportunities at the company for Dentist, Dental Assistant, and other. They offer part-time and full-time hours. In Familia Dental you learn how to put your talents into use, and learn new skills to become better dental assistant. If you're a current a student they have flexible hours that will work with your schedule. Familia Dental also has great benefits like paid vacation, requested time off, health insurance, and many more.
Pros
Fun dental office to work at.
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work at.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  HobbsAugust 10, 2015
I have been with Familia Dental for almost two years. Familia Dental is a wonderfully company because they take a chance on people who have little or no experience in the dental profession and give them the tools and advice to make sure that you do your best and so patients can have the best treatment and experience at the dental office. The training that you recieve from Familia Dental is top notch. They train you until you are comfortable doing all your job duties. I have learned how to be a better manager from working for Familia Dental. The management team is always willing to help you if you need anything. My co-workers are great and are willing to answer any questions that you might need answered. The dentist that work for Familia Dental are top notch and strive to give every patient that theyhave the upmost care that they can provide. Familia Dental has great benefits that most dental offices can not even come close to and the pay is also better than most dentist offices. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that I had a part in making a patient feel comfortable in the dentist office and knowing that they are reveiving the best treatment in the dental field.
Pros
Bonus, Paid training
This company is trash!!!!!!
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 24, 2016
They are feeding you lies!! They dont care about you!!! You can get robbed,sick,etc they will fire you! To avoid any problems on there side!! They dont sterilize there instruments!!!! Blood in garbage new works get paid more then old workers with more experience or people who went to school!!! They are slow at serving people you have to wait an hour to two hours to be seen!! Anybody can be a manager
Pros
There are none
Cons
EVERYTHING!!!
A good place to grow
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  las cruces, nmAugust 10, 2015
I been with this company for over 2 years, and I love it. This company wants to see you grow as a person and they will train you to get you there. I started as a dental assistant, and now I'm the manager. I also had the chance to travel to different offices and meet new people, and the company paid for it. We also have great benefits, and are eligible to receive bonus. The doctors are amazing with the patients and staff, and they make anyone feel welcome. Good company to work for. Two thumbs up!!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
none!
Employe current Abilene tx
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 6, 2016
Familia dental is a great way to advance and learn a lot. It is fast paced we do have a high turn over but it's because people think they want to do it then change there mind. So in the end it's not the companies fault it's the employees fault who thought that's what they wanted to do. Monthly bonuses if you meet goal, our office works as a team. It's like any other job it has it's ups and downs no job is perfect there is always room for improvement maybe you could be the improvement our team needs :-)
Pros
Laid back, works with hours, bonuses, traveling, advancing, on job training, lunch from managers; doctors; corporate other offices.
Cons
Longer hours
Great People, Management HORRIBLE!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 11, 2015
First of all, I quit my job to go work for FD as a call center receptionist to get fired for taking a notice vacation day? There is no communication between employees and department heads. NO JOB SECURITY, All you see are team leads smoking their vapor throughout the whole building. Everyone looks miserable calling 800 patients a day. if you don't make 40 appointments a day you get lectured. I HONESTLY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB!
Pros
You start at 12
Cons
Everything else. NO BENEFITS
Over all great place to work and grow in
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 3, 2016
At Familia Dental I was on the confirmation team. I worked long hours and sometimes had stressful days. The management was very nice and the co-workers felt like family. I loved this job.
Collections Supervisor
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 10, 2016
I supervised and planned out how the other staff was going to work on the old claims so we can get the collections up to date. I also did the work as well so it could be done ASAP and efficiently.

After major improvement in their collections, they tried to demote me and pay me only $11/hr when I was promised that after my 3 month raise, I would be up to $18/hr, I was only used- extremely upsetting.
Pros
Cons
They didn't comply with the salary on contract.
Very stressful and pressuring job!!!
Outgoing Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 25, 2016
I wouldnt ever wish anyone working at this Schaumburg call center location!! A horrible environment to work in which is basically a kids job and a waiste of time!! Thought I was only getting hired to do one thing and when I started it was totally a differnt thing. The manager was not honest enough to be direct with me which I thought Wow!! No wonder so many people have quit this location due to managers talk to you ANY KIND OF WAY, over load your head with so much inforamtion that you cant think straight! All this is a PRESSURING JOB!!! This Schaumburg location is SOOOOO DISFUNCTIONAL, everyone is like 23 years old or younger even the managers, and they dont know how to be be a team lead... The call center manager lady is very rude to employees, doesnt know how to treat or talk to people with respect. She shouldnt even be working there and always has an attitude with employees if not putting $$ in her pocket nor team lead by meeting quotas.. Constant negative meetings on daily basis, pay very low ( benefits)!!! Please DONT WAISTE YOUR TIME GOING TO THIS LOCATION!! I WOULDNT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE EVEN IF DESPERATE FOR A JOB!!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
management disfunctional, high stress volume and pressuring when it comes to meeting goals
Productive and fun workplace
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plainview, TXAugust 11, 2015
I've been with the company since 2014. Training was easy everyone was very helpful. I started my job as front desk in the Odessa office and transferred to the Plainview's office working front desk, I've learned so much from this company. We have great team-work I enjoy helping not only my coworkers but the patients as well.
Pros
Great hours, benefits and hour lunches