FAMILIES FIRST

FAMILIES FIRST United States Employee Reviews

Rewarding Work
Home Based Case Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
Families First is a great agency. The staff are friendly and supportive. The work is very rewarding and helps build you professionally.
Home-based Case Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
They truly embrace family and they understand that situations happen that can interfere with life and work and they will work with you and help you in your time of need. They are very personable and eager to help you succeed.
FUN
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Vienna, GAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: students going home
I BEGIN THE DAY WITH THE LESSON PLAN AND ROLE CALL NEXT WE WILL GO INTO THE FIRST ACTIVITY
Awesome, Well-Rounded Non-Profit
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: reputable organization, great leadership
Cons: part time position
I worked in two different positions at this organization. A typical day for my last position started about 7pm. I would arrive at the office to ensure that all things were prepared for my supervisor the Program Director. Once Program Director arrived I reviewed the previous day and previewed the day ahead. I ensured she knew what was on the calendar and gave her any notes, highlights or other important information. The rest of my day consisted of administrative duties such as typing memos, scheduling meetings, organizing training sessions, following up with Program Managers and seeing how I could help them, and managing a student intern. This position taught me to be flexible, proactive and even more flexible that I already was. Management was helpful, knowledgeable and professional. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of this job was that the entire team I worked with was not in the same office location. But we worked well together despite the fact that we may have been across town from each other. I enjoyed helping the clients and seeing them grow.
Families First is a place where people come to work because they care about the needs of children who need families and healing. Awesome support team
Child Treatment Counselor (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 21, 2014
Pros: casual dress, great food, awesome staff with many different back grounds to learn from.
Cons: no technical lunch breaks
Communication is key in any work environment especially when children are involved. The staff and administrators make it a point to always make sure that every professional on board is well informed about the milieu, the schedules and the needs of the children and how we can best meet those needs.
Although the children's behaviors can be at times challenging, to say the least, there are many opportunities to aide the children in simple growth and development that they may have missed out on. There is fun to be had even in the midst of what seems to be a difficult culture.
Wonderful and caring all inclusive medical and dental office
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHJanuary 24, 2014
Families First has a very diversified patient population. We work with the homeless all the up to CEOs of major companies. We have a sliding fee scale which helps the income eligible receive quality health care when they can't afford insurance.

We not only have the main office but we also have a mobile health care van which goes to different towns in the surrounding area. So patients who have no transportation or limited transportation can still have their health care needs addressed.

We have an all inclusive approach to treating the needs of patients. Not only are we a medical office but we have dental, OB/GYN, Behavioral Health and a social worker on the premises. We also have a Medication Assistance Program to help individuals with the cost of prescription.

The employees of this office are a joy to work with and always go the extra mile for their pa-tients. They are always there to give a hand to a patient or a co-worker if needed.
Love the Work I Do
Doula (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2013
Families First is remarkable in that it provides a free service to the most vulnerable of society, pregnant women and children. My fellow doulas and I act as friends, counselors, aunts and sisters to these families. We are given the freedom to work with our clients how they need us most. A lot of times, we have to deal with past pain and hurt and be the nurturer that some have never known. What I love the most is watching a new life come to birth over and over. It makes me appreciate my own blessings.
Non-profit agency assisting the underpriveledged population
Family Worker (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHOctober 13, 2013
Pros: each day was different
Cons: traveling in the winter
Families First has a vision of assisting those people in need of all services under the umbrella of one roof. Management became an issue when two lead people left the agency and things were changed drastically from people that did not understand the work. I loved working with the families in their homes, taking them out in the community, and seeing them reach their goals one baby step at a time.
Great place to work with hardworking co-workers
Family Loan Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2013
This has been an excellent place to work. It is a non-profit agency and my program did not get funded for the next year, hence, I am searching for employment.
Families who cared about their lives
Social Worker/Therapist (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: independence and dedicated families.
Cons: not a clinical environment or clinical supervision
These were CPS referred families with difficult backgrounds. I was independent in my treatment and involvement with the families, which I enjoyed. It was not a clinical environment even though they advertised for workers with M.A. degrees or clinical degrees. Efficiency and knowledge from non-clinical employees varied, causing uneven team approaches when we were with the families. I really enjoyed when I could direct the treatment to a more clinical approach, it seemed to help the families more and provided consistency. I was able to help families that had been repeat clients who had been clients several time before.
Absolutely love this job.
Contracted Employee Through Children s Division (Current Employee), West Plains, MOMarch 12, 2013
I would continue to do this career, however, due to State budget cuts I am so low on cases that I am unable to provide effectively for my family.
Working in Non-Profit
p (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2013
An Extremly ambitious multi-social service non-profit in Atlanta, GA.
greatest place I have worked recently
relief case manager (Current Employee), Brattleboro, VTJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: pride and self-esteem that comes from helping others
Cons: not enough time in the day or week to spend with them
Help Individuals with work, community functions and teaching life skills, Great team environment, Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people with disabilities succeed in life and the happiness it brings them. Most difficult is seeing them struggle and the people out on the community who don't understand or want to give them a chance.
Families First is a great organization. The main objective is to assist at risk families to stay together.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Howell, MIDecember 3, 2012
Pros: freedom to leave the office and experience new people .
Cons: the driving 45 min to an hour one way to meet clients.
We typically met at the office in the morning. We wrote our reports, reviewed cases and planned our days. Traveled in the afternoons to clients homes and reported back to the office afterwards.
I learned interviewing skills and listening skills. I had a lot of practice coordinating clients schedules and motivating my clients to want to make changes.
Time management was very important and I really learned how to manage my time so as to accomplish the most out of each day.
I had to manage my clients allowances. I became familiar with all of the resources for my clients and took advantage of every opportunity to obtain materials at low cost.
My co-workers and I met once a week to discuss our cases and share plans and ideas. We touched base about our clients progress and reviewed new cases together to share ideas and experience with each other.
I found the driving to be the most difficult. With limited time to spend with every client, the driving felt like a waste of time. However, I learned to use it to my advantage and make phone calls during driving time. I also recorded my voice to recall later when writing my reports.
My most rewarding responsibilities were teaching my clients how to broaden their thinking skills and enable them to gain access to new possibilities within their own grasp.
Very productive and fun people to be around.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 21, 2012
Pros: equal opportunity to grow.
Cons: family organized
I enjoyed my time at Families First we parted ways on good terms. The families and co workers were wonderful. I go often to visit.
Hostile environment to work in
Supervision Specialist (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2012
Pros: nothing good to say
Cons: not enough pay
Challenging environment to work in; most of the clients are hostile because most people do not like to be supervised when visiting with their own children.
Good for entry level position
Social Worker (Former Employee), AtlantaJanuary 10, 2012
Pros: good support system
Cons: low salary
Families First is excellent for social workers who have a hectic work and family life. There are good opportunities to explore different aspects of Social Services.

About FAMILIES FIRST

Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from – Read more