FAMILIES FIRST Employee Reviews in United States

Worked as a Counselor
counselor (Former Employee) –  Ada OkJune 24, 2015
The company did not treat the employees very well. I was in charge of my own schedule and could arrange to see my clients when I they needed to be seen. A typical day would be to see children that were at school on the day and time period when they did not have a core subject class. I learned how to juggle my schedule and most of the time I used my car as an office. The hardest part of the job was to see all the children at schools in different areas at the time that I was asked to see them. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the children and the other clients and to be able to help them with their issues and problems.
Pros
One of the pros was a Birthday gift
Cons
Having to go to all the different parts of the county, to see the children at all the different schools
Good for entry level position
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJanuary 10, 2012
Families First is excellent for social workers who have a hectic work and family life. There are good opportunities to explore different aspects of Social Services.
Pros
good support system
Cons
low salary
Great central location in downtown Atlanta.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
A great employer, concerned and caring for employees and clientele. Highly professional organization Managers and employees who care and concerned for the social services delivery to clients.
Pros
Positive work environment.
Families First is a place where people come to work because they care about the needs of children who need families and healing. Awesome support team
Child Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2014
Communication is key in any work environment especially when children are involved. The staff and administrators make it a point to always make sure that every professional on board is well informed about the milieu, the schedules and the needs of the children and how we can best meet those needs.
Although the children's behaviors can be at times challenging, to say the least, there are many opportunities to aide the children in simple growth and development that they may have missed out on. There is fun to be had even in the midst of what seems to be a difficult culture.
Pros
casual dress, great food, awesome staff with many different back grounds to learn from.
Cons
no technical lunch breaks
Family Oriented
Resource Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Family First is a leading non profit agency in the country. They are family oriented and they are excellent at fundraising and rebuilding of old communities. They believe that ensuring the success of children in jeopardy by empowering families.
Awesome, Well-Rounded Non-Profit
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2014
I worked in two different positions at this organization. A typical day for my last position started about 7pm. I would arrive at the office to ensure that all things were prepared for my supervisor the Program Director. Once Program Director arrived I reviewed the previous day and previewed the day ahead. I ensured she knew what was on the calendar and gave her any notes, highlights or other important information. The rest of my day consisted of administrative duties such as typing memos, scheduling meetings, organizing training sessions, following up with Program Managers and seeing how I could help them, and managing a student intern. This position taught me to be flexible, proactive and even more flexible that I already was. Management was helpful, knowledgeable and professional. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of this job was that the entire team I worked with was not in the same office location. But we worked well together despite the fact that we may have been across town from each other. I enjoyed helping the clients and seeing them grow.
Pros
reputable organization, great leadership
Cons
part time position
Non-profit agency assisting the underpriveledged population
Family Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 13, 2013
Families First has a vision of assisting those people in need of all services under the umbrella of one roof. Management became an issue when two lead people left the agency and things were changed drastically from people that did not understand the work. I loved working with the families in their homes, taking them out in the community, and seeing them reach their goals one baby step at a time.
Pros
each day was different
Cons
traveling in the winter
Families who cared about their lives
Social Worker/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 6, 2013
These were CPS referred families with difficult backgrounds. I was independent in my treatment and involvement with the families, which I enjoyed. It was not a clinical environment even though they advertised for workers with M.A. degrees or clinical degrees. Efficiency and knowledge from non-clinical employees varied, causing uneven team approaches when we were with the families. I really enjoyed when I could direct the treatment to a more clinical approach, it seemed to help the families more and provided consistency. I was able to help families that had been repeat clients who had been clients several time before.
Pros
independence and dedicated families.
Cons
not a clinical environment or clinical supervision
Great employees
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Great staff - very dedicated, committed group of employees. Very fast paced and demanding work load. Office will soon be moving to the West End.
Wonderful and caring all inclusive medical and dental office
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 24, 2014
Families First has a very diversified patient population. We work with the homeless all the up to CEOs of major companies. We have a sliding fee scale which helps the income eligible receive quality health care when they can't afford insurance.

We not only have the main office but we also have a mobile health care van which goes to different towns in the surrounding area. So patients who have no transportation or limited transportation can still have their health care needs addressed.

We have an all inclusive approach to treating the needs of patients. Not only are we a medical office but we have dental, OB/GYN, Behavioral Health and a social worker on the premises. We also have a Medication Assistance Program to help individuals with the cost of prescription.

The employees of this office are a joy to work with and always go the extra mile for their pa-tients. They are always there to give a hand to a patient or a co-worker if needed.
really fun place to work and learn from others
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2015
a typical day a work consist of receiving children while there parents were in class. Put a lesson together for the children. Report anything that didnt appear right to DCS.
Rewarding Work
Home Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
Families First is a great agency. The staff are friendly and supportive. The work is very rewarding and helps build you professionally.
greatest place I have worked recently
relief case manager (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJanuary 17, 2013
Help Individuals with work, community functions and teaching life skills, Great team environment, Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people with disabilities succeed in life and the happiness it brings them. Most difficult is seeing them struggle and the people out on the community who don't understand or want to give them a chance.
Pros
pride and self-esteem that comes from helping others
Cons
not enough time in the day or week to spend with them
Love the Work I Do
Doula (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2013
Families First is remarkable in that it provides a free service to the most vulnerable of society, pregnant women and children. My fellow doulas and I act as friends, counselors, aunts and sisters to these families. We are given the freedom to work with our clients how they need us most. A lot of times, we have to deal with past pain and hurt and be the nurturer that some have never known. What I love the most is watching a new life come to birth over and over. It makes me appreciate my own blessings.
Home-based Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
They truly embrace family and they understand that situations happen that can interfere with life and work and they will work with you and help you in your time of need. They are very personable and eager to help you succeed.
Absolutely love this job.
Contracted Employee Through Children s Division (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOMarch 12, 2013
I would continue to do this career, however, due to State budget cuts I am so low on cases that I am unable to provide effectively for my family.
Families First is a great organization. The main objective is to assist at risk families to stay together.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIDecember 3, 2012
We typically met at the office in the morning. We wrote our reports, reviewed cases and planned our days. Traveled in the afternoons to clients homes and reported back to the office afterwards.
I learned interviewing skills and listening skills. I had a lot of practice coordinating clients schedules and motivating my clients to want to make changes.
Time management was very important and I really learned how to manage my time so as to accomplish the most out of each day.
I had to manage my clients allowances. I became familiar with all of the resources for my clients and took advantage of every opportunity to obtain materials at low cost.
My co-workers and I met once a week to discuss our cases and share plans and ideas. We touched base about our clients progress and reviewed new cases together to share ideas and experience with each other.
I found the driving to be the most difficult. With limited time to spend with every client, the driving felt like a waste of time. However, I learned to use it to my advantage and make phone calls during driving time. I also recorded my voice to recall later when writing my reports.
My most rewarding responsibilities were teaching my clients how to broaden their thinking skills and enable them to gain access to new possibilities within their own grasp.
Pros
freedom to leave the office and experience new people .
Cons
the driving 45 min to an hour one way to meet clients.
Great place to work with hardworking co-workers
Family Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2013
This has been an excellent place to work. It is a non-profit agency and my program did not get funded for the next year, hence, I am searching for employment.
Fun
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vienna, GAJuly 9, 2014
I begin the day with the lesson plan and role call next we will go into the first activity
Pros
lunch
Cons
students going home
Hostile environment to work in
Supervision Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2012
Challenging environment to work in; most of the clients are hostile because most people do not like to be supervised when visiting with their own children.
Pros
nothing good to say
Cons
not enough pay