FAMILIES FIRST Employee Reviews

Pros and cons
Intake Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAMay 21, 2017
I did not work for this company very long but felt it was unbalanced in the make up of employees and communication was poor. It is an important service and their ethics and standards were always good.
My experience with my internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work with the Strengthening Families program would be responding to emails, voicemails and phone calls first thing in the morning. Scheduling meetings with clients to enroll them in the parents and adolescents class. Attending class every Monday night from six o'clock noon until eight thirty o'clock at night. I have learned how to engage with clients and also serve the population through education and personal experiences. The workplace culture was and still is a very friendly and respectable environment. The hardest part of the job would have been gng on home visits for the first time and explaining the demographics of the class. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending class every week and actually engaging in various topics that the clients go through with their children.
Famlies first
Assist in bagging lunches, and delivering food (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2017
A typical day at work will be everybody is not following orders, not doing what they came to work for. What I learned was to be patient with people give them a chance help people dont just try to win on your own help the team win and you wil acomplish way more than you would on your own.The management is supervisor he would make sure everything is in order when we arrive and leaves work.Workplace culture is famlies First/Rowana good place we all have good personality we keep it organize for people to be welcome for who they are, What makes our organization unique we help other people don't matter what they situation is we still will honor them with our respects and leadership we do our best to give help them the best way we know how to do. We keep positive attitudes we make everyone feel welcome and appreciate it.The hardest part of the job to make sure you didn't miss anything everyone have what they need and asked for we do our best to make sure those goals are accomplished. The most enjoyable part of the job is help the team accomplished win as a team make people day better before they walk out of our presents we do our best everyday.
Poor coworker hábitat .
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 17, 2017
Extremely Poor coworker hábitat , no Support from company any meal , no Benefits from Company .the only thing You can expect from this Company when You Work for them is your salary .
Cons
Short break, ni Suport at all from company .
Great Place to Work
Billing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2017
Families First was a great place to work. It provided a flexible work schedule and was family oriented. It was a laid back work environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Health benefits costly for a family.
Great grassroots organization that provides a myriad of human services to the under served of Georgia.
Building Men Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
A typical work day with Families First Building Men Program consists of recruiting young fathers to the program. Group facilitation is another main component of this job. Facilitation of PREP, MPC and FLASH as well as campfire discussions are the largest responsibility of the Building Men Counselor. Also, creating new partnerships with other CBO's whom provide alternative or similar services to the same population of client to provide a wider range of resources to the participants of Building Men. The hardest part of the job is finding willing participants who will complete the program. The most enjoyable part is when group participants are engaged and helping lead the group. This demonstrates they have learned the material being taught as well as enjoyed spending time in my sessions.
Pros
Travel Mileage, Training Opportunity, Room for Professional Growth
Cons
No Overtime/Flex Time.
Great Company!!!
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I love working here, with so many amazing people that do amazing things. I work in the Second Chance home with young ladies and their kids. I love working at the Second Chance home, it is an amazing feeling to be able to help people and to be there for the young ladies.
Nice place to work
Crisis Intervention Counselor (Current Employee) –  VermontNovember 16, 2016
Nice place to work with incredibly amazing management. The only bad thing about this company is that because of its small size there's not a lot of room to move up.
Cool place with enjoyment from coworker
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTOctober 26, 2016
Active to work,sign in then I started my work with preparing food,feeding my client ,then got him ready for bathing,dressing for evening,then helped with home cleaning duties,like clearing off table and starting laundry,doing little jobs around the house before parent return.
Pros
Fun co-workers and fun activities as a group
Cons
Not good Heath coverage
Great working environment
Coach (Current Employee) –  Cobb County, GAOctober 6, 2016
Very fast paced. Great family feel, awesome support from co-workers, collaborative/ open work space. Overall a great place to work.
Loved working with people
personal assistant and office manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 5, 2016
Working with people at this level was very rewarding, But it was difficult to separate my work life from my home life. Working under one MFT is a hard job and very time consuming but all in all rewarding.
Pros
Having hands on contact and interaction with people ina way that made a difference
Cons
It waas a private practice so there was almaost no job security
great place to work
Counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAJuly 21, 2015
the job culture at families first was great and fun to work at.The staff and team are great to work with there and very open to suggestions, when it comes to having ideas with the children they provide services for.
Pros
great working invironment
Cons
N/a
Great central location in downtown Atlanta.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
A great employer, concerned and caring for employees and clientele. Highly professional organization Managers and employees who care and concerned for the social services delivery to clients.
Pros
Positive work environment.
Worked as a Counselor
counselor (Former Employee) –  Ada OkJune 24, 2015
The company did not treat the employees very well. I was in charge of my own schedule and could arrange to see my clients when I they needed to be seen. A typical day would be to see children that were at school on the day and time period when they did not have a core subject class. I learned how to juggle my schedule and most of the time I used my car as an office. The hardest part of the job was to see all the children at schools in different areas at the time that I was asked to see them. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the children and the other clients and to be able to help them with their issues and problems.
Pros
One of the pros was a Birthday gift
Cons
Having to go to all the different parts of the county, to see the children at all the different schools
Family Oriented
Resource Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Family First is a leading non profit agency in the country. They are family oriented and they are excellent at fundraising and rebuilding of old communities. They believe that ensuring the success of children in jeopardy by empowering families.
Great employees
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Great staff - very dedicated, committed group of employees. Very fast paced and demanding work load. Office will soon be moving to the West End.
really fun place to work and learn from others
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2015
a typical day a work consist of receiving children while there parents were in class. Put a lesson together for the children. Report anything that didnt appear right to DCS.
Rewarding Work
Home Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
Families First is a great agency. The staff are friendly and supportive. The work is very rewarding and helps build you professionally.
Home-based Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
They truly embrace family and they understand that situations happen that can interfere with life and work and they will work with you and help you in your time of need. They are very personable and eager to help you succeed.
Fun
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vienna, GAJuly 9, 2014
I begin the day with the lesson plan and role call next we will go into the first activity
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Students going home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FAMILIES FIRST. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval