Families for Effective Autism Treatment (FEAT) of Washington seeks to hire paraprofessionals to work full or part time in our Tacoma location. Be part of our team. We provide a tremendously collaborative non-profit environment. Apply your skills in support of services provided to children with autism and their families. You will be responsible for implementation of individualized programs, running group activities, collecting and charting data, classroom organization and cleanliness, and general student supervision. Both full and part time paraprofessionals will also be responsible for completing our staff training sequence.
Part time is 20 hours per week. Full time is 40 hours per week. Paid time off will be offered.
Part time position is Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
Full time position is Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Estimated compensation is $14-15 per hour, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Completing each step in staff training sequence.
- Ensure safety of students.
- Follow daily schedule.
- Completing weekly report card.
- Communication with parents regarding daily events and program progress.
- Implementing one-on-one individualized programs created by lead staff and program director for student(s).
- Collecting and charting data on Standard Celeration Chart.
- Maintaining classroom cleanliness.
- Creating and organizing program materials.
- Creating and running group activities.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Assisting lead staff in other classroom tasks.
- Report to lead staff and program director.
Experience with children.
Ability to work collaboratively
Ability to work independently and problem solve.
A reliable employee.
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree and experience in either 1) working with children, 2) working with people with special needs, and/or 3) applied behavior analysis.
Families for Effective Autism Treatment is a 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to providing families hope and guidance to help their children with autism reach their full potential. We are An Equal Opportunity Employer.