Family & Children's Place Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Terrible
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2016
The environment is great, but you don't get paid much and they expect you to balance 30+ case loads plus paperwork AND you don't get paid for overtime. It's a 37.5 hour week. Management is completely head in the clouds only wants to do what is going to make them money. Very terrible management.
Review Summary
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2014
Most of my day is spent entering data into two different databases. I must verify that the client has Medicaid coverage in the Ky Health Net database. Once that is verified, I then enter data into HANDS program, and then into CRM.

I must be very accurate when entering data, because reports are needed at the end of the month to verify.

I take calls frequently and direct them to the correct department or program.

All paperwork must be filed accurately and maintained.

I currently work directly with one co-worker, who's duties are similar to mine.

I've learned to prioritize my duties, beginning with the most important part, and work from there.

The hardest part of my position is when I may not have an answer to a question at the time the person calls. I do attempt to guide them to the correct department.

The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things, and being able to accomplish a task that I, at first found daunting.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low salary
Great group of people doing amazing work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  1800 Neville Drive Louisville KY 40216July 23, 2013
Busy mornings. Learned to be more patient. Management and co-workers are doing more with less and getting positive results. Hardest part was why the clients were there. Most enjoyable part was when clients no longer needed our services.
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
health benefits were not that great
Friendly workplace
HANDS Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2013
Travel to various office locations to meet with staff and discuss caseloads.

Meet with first time parents in their home to educate and support using Growing Great Kids curriculum.

Learned it is difficult but rewarding to supervise staff and work with families.

Co-workers and management in the agency are friendly and hard working.

Hardest part of the job is maintaining production

Most enjoyable part if watching babies grow and graduate from the program.

4.4