Family Behavioral Resources

Family Behavioral Resources Employer Reviews

unsure of current company
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, PAJanuary 10, 2015
when I worked at family behavioral resources, it was several years ago and there were different owners of the company and different management. I really am not sure what the company is like to work for today. I know they are a large company over several counties in PA.
Friendly co-workers
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Current Employee), Ford City, PAJanuary 4, 2015
I just started one month ago, so do not have enourgh time in to submit a review.
BSC/MT great people
BSC/MT (Former Employee), HermitageDecember 15, 2014
Pros: ipad, the people, flexibility, opportunity for licensing, paid trainings
Cons: extensive travel, paperwork that does not end, turnover in employees and cases, not able to rely on a set # of hours.
I worked for the company for roughly 7 or 8 mos. They offered paid training but you would need to travel extensively to get to most of them. In the beginning you have a lot of out of pocket expenses to get state and federal clearances, which would be reimbursed later on.

A lot of turnover. I feel like I was paid by the minute because we had to track our time which got a bit crazy trying to compute weekly. Also you get paid different wages depending on what you are doing. Paperwork is paid at minimum wage if at all. Very little mileage pay if any. You could not count on your hours because the families you are caring for are not necessarily reliable. There's quite a bit of driving and mandatory yearly trainings.

The paperwork was the worst ..even with the iPad.

Great work experience for college graduates or if you need a job that will work around your schedule.
Great experience builder
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Hermitage, PADecember 10, 2014
I appreciate the business skills that I gained as an administrative supervisor.
Fun Place to work
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee), New Kensington, PANovember 5, 2014
Very enjoyable place of employment but not guaranteed job security.
Very fulfilling
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee), Indiana, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: fulfilling
Cons: low pay
Management is very kind and always willing to help you learn and grow. The field is very rewarding, however, pay and benefits are low. Hours are very flexible and can not be counted on.
Poor working environment and unrealistic expectations.
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Kittanning, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: no evening or weekend hours
Cons: no pay for working over 40 hours/poor office environment
Some of the other managers and staff had a very poor attitude and work ethic which made for a poor working environment.
Rewarding job
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PASeptember 29, 2014
Working with the children, and their families, is very rewarding. I learned a lot about Autism and how is effects everyone. I worked with some very dedicated individuals who were always willing to share techniques and tools. The management constantly spoke about the 'kiddos' coming first but from my experience it was the billable that came first. With limited funds/authorizations from State and insurance reimbursement it became all about maximizes billable time.
Ick
BSC (Current Employee), New kensingtonSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: everything
I have been working with this company for almost two years and I have yet to really know what my job duties are. I often do not find out what I was supposed to do until I get penalized for not doing it. The hours are wearing. I often work from 9-9 and come home to do paperwork that I do not get paid for. I drive approximately 300 miles a week and the pay barely covers the gas money I am forking out let alone the upkeep of my vehicle. There are trainings offered, however fitting them into a full time work schedule is impossible. Working with the clients and the families is great but overall the workplace is not healthy. In the time I've worked here, there have been 4 clinical directors and many different supervisors.
great place to work
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), latrobe paSeptember 22, 2014
Friendly, accommodating, great pay, great hrs. Good training
Poor job work/life balance
BSC/MT (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PASeptember 9, 2014
Poor job work/life balance, lots of unpaid paperwork, frequent cancellations, and inconsistent paychecks.
tss worker
TSS Worker (Current Employee), Uniontown, PAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good staff and clients
Cons: lack of hours
enjoy the work. not steady job as a career.
not enough hours.
overall good company and staff.
One on one behavioral support in a classroom setting (School for the deaf).
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAAugust 8, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Prior to my work with Family Behavioral Resources I did not have any experience with sign language. Being paired with a child that was autistic as well as deaf was definitely challenging at first. The more I studied and picked up sign language the more I was able to communicate with my client and helping her reach her goals. We learned things together which bonded us. Along with my client being completely deaf many of her teachers and other aids were as well, she attended the school for the deaf. Having to communicate with her teachers also pushed my abilities in picking up the skill quick. I figured out ways to get my point across without using words before I could correctly express what I wanted my clients plan to be. I enjoyed the experience.
A good learning environment
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Bridgewater, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no employee support
FBR definitely showed what to look for when working in the mental health field. There was very little staff support. Working there offers bachelor level employees a learning environment from which to advance to another organization.
Nice, Hard Working people
THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,PaJuly 23, 2014
This job was very different from my other jobs however I have always worked with children so this was a rewarding job with all the work you put into it, to see how you are helping the children was great.
Great company to work with. Innovative trainings and work equipment provided e.g. IPAD
Licensed Behavior Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 21, 2014
I learn a lot every week with trainings provided.
My job provides me opportunities to meet new people and capabilities to tackle their problems. I like its challenges.
Great clients
Behavioral Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PAApril 23, 2014
There is a lot of work that you will do and not end up getting paid for, plus being a mobile therapist really wears down your car. However, if you are an organized person who does not mind taking work home, you will love your amazing clients
Challenging yet rewarding experience, high burnout
TSS (Current Employee), Duncansville, PAApril 12, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, work in many different environments, can be fun and rewarding, learn a lot
Cons: inconsistent work hours, not a high-paying job, usually no benefits, high burnout, can be difficult to work with some families and clients depending on the needs
A typical day at work: Spending a day in 1 or multiple classrooms assisting client with work or activities, utilizing interventions to address client behaviors, and transferring skills to teacher(s). With home and community hours, going into the home or community and utilizing interventions to address client behaviors and transferring skills to family or caregivers.

Learned: Expect the unexpected! Home environments are a challenge because you never know what to expect with how clean the home is or the family values/functions. School environments range from long and boring days to fun and quick days. Teachers and staff members have different expectations, and you have to be able to work with everyone and give reminders of what your role is and is not. Need to be able to problem solve and come up with solutions. Many times you have to try interventions or ideas to see if they work. You won't always know the solution immediately to a situation that comes up.

Hardest part of the job: Maintaining patience and not feeling discouraged or defeated! You're working with clients that have behaviors such as non-verbal and antisocial to aggression. You are also working with staff and caregivers that have different expectations and ideas of what they want you to do.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Seeing your hard work pay off! Watching clients progress and seeing the difference you make in their lives and the families is rewarding.
Home and school based support services
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Cranberry twp and Ebensburg PaMarch 23, 2014
A typical case load of one or more clients to build a full time schedule. I worked one on one with clients in the school or at home depending on their prescriptions and approvals.
Someone who loves to learn something new
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee), North Huntingdon, PAFebruary 5, 2014
I am a quick learner and I love to learn something new. I find joy in day to day work that helps me further my career path.

1 2 3