Family Behavioral Resources

Family Behavioral Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Such ashame
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2016
It is such a shame that a home grown business that truly truly cared about the consumers that were served were put by the wayside and all that is cared about is money money money. Good caring people lost their jobs so they could have more money. Client care is comprised.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
No respect for people. Money hungry.
Great Mission and passionate
Community Inclusion (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 8, 2016
Rewarding job with passionate co workers and supervisors. Great experience in learning about Austim and other developmental disorders.
Pros
Rewarding, management, flexibility, experiences
Cons
Distance at times
Great for new grads but not a good career path
Therapeutic Staff Support/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2016
This is a great job for Psych grads who are new to the field and want to gain valuable experience. This is hands on experience and really tough but is excellent on your resume for a psychology future.
Pros
the pros about fbr is that people are great and your schedule is flexible
Cons
the cons are that you may not always work with the best families, you will encounter several problems at some point or the other as this is a sensitive field
All This Work For Next to Nothing
Therapuetic support staff (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAFebruary 18, 2016
I was supposed to get about 36 hours a week but thanks to management not knowing a schedule, that never happened. I am now working at around 20 hours. DO NOT let them convince you that you will get full time hours. You will NOT.

Even at 13.50 an hour, the pay is bad and that's not considering what else you do in addition to Therapuetic Support Staff: you become a home aid, a teacher, and in some cases, a parent (figuratively speaking). Like the title says: all of this work for next to nothing. In addition to regular pay, there is compensation such as travel...but it is TERRIBLE. In short, you are better off not even worrying about tracking travel time. Also, you are not compwnsated by miles, but by time spent traveling. This is a place where I have actually lost money working at.

Moreover, the company makes use of an ipad for ALL documentation and the app LOVES to stop working quite frequently. So if it goes down while you are working, you don't get paid and the company gets free labor.

In all seriousness, FBR is good if you need a second job, but do not make it your sole income. But be prepared for awful management and expect to do alot of work and be paid very little for it.

The work itself is very rewarding but for all that one has to put up with, it isn't worth it.
Pros
Working with the kids is VERY rewarding
Cons
Terrible pay, lack of hours, lack of compensation, bad management, lack of communication
Lovely co-workers, sub-par management.
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 23, 2016
The most important part of this job are your clients. To be honest, they are the best part of the jobs as well. Sadly, don't expect the hours they promise you upon hire. Due to clients' availability, you will probably never see "full-time" hours, despite being hired as a full-time employee. Additionally, the drives they expect you to make are impossible. You may have 45 minutes between clients, but are expected to travel over 60 minutes and still make it on time. You won't be able to decline cases due to this or you will be threatened to lose your full-time status, which includes your health benefits and vacation hours. It's a great job to get that "1 year experience" that most employers require, but don't plan on trying to make a home out of FBR.
Pros
Great clients, fun and honest co-workers
Cons
Unreasonable expectations, very poor management
Never Believe A Word They Say
TSS (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 21, 2016
I was supposed to get at least 35 hours being full time, but that was a lie. I am now down to currently around 20 hours. The pay is awful especially for a Bachelor's degree. Moreover, there is travel compensation, but it is awful. You are honestly better off not even keeping track of it. The company makes use of an iPad for its employees and the app that is utilized likes to stop working alot. And when that happens, your notes for the day will be lost and if they got lost, no pay. Also, there is no set schedule so week to week is varied. Meaning that a family can call you off. You are also practically expected to work almost all day but will only be paid for about 9 hours if you are lucky. I honestly have never worked harder in my life to be rewarded so little.
Pros
Working with the kids is very rewarding
Cons
bad pay, bad compensation, no full time, scheudle week to week is never guaranteed
Stepping stone only, not long term
Clinical Therapist / Program Director (Former Employee) –  PADecember 14, 2015
I suggest only taking a job with this company if you're desperate or a beginner in the field. Oh the drama and what a mess the place is!! The management perpetuates the drama instead of dealing with it. Probably why the company is a total mess. Now a company in New England area owns it, and it went down hill in a hurry. They go through staff like a fast food drive through. All about the money is understandable, but geez, what about the field itself, your employees etc.
Pros
a job
Cons
poor company overall
Multi-tasker
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PANovember 28, 2015
Rewarding position as Office Manger with supportive staff.
Learned what Autism was and what children go through with this diagnosis.
My coworkers were extremely passionate about their jobs and were extremely supportive.
The hardest part of my job was trying to get all my work done in a timely manner since I was the only one doing all the administrative work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my kiddos reach their goals outlined in their treatment plan.
Pros
Mimimum supervision
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Behavioral Specialist Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PANovember 17, 2015
Rewarding place to work with supportive administrative staff. With proper education, opportunities are available for advancement; although once advancement occurs, compensation changes take a while to occur. Multiple training opportunities are available to staff.
Demanding job but rewarding.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 11, 2015
I worked as a TSS worker for approximately 6 months and had typically 3 children to my caseload. This job helped me grow as a person, and opened my eyes to mental health and problems that face children in today's society such as autism and ADHD. I learned patience with this job and how to distinguish a child with a problem as opposed to a child who is simply misbehaving. I really enjoyed the families I worked with.
Pros
Learning to help children.
Cons
Parents could cancel at any time, so the hours were never guaranteed.
productive work environment
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2015
I found this company to be very rewarding and challenging. This company specializes in behavioral and mental health. I admire any company effectively making positive changes in the daily lives of others.
productive workplace and great office staff!
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJuly 22, 2015
At family behavioral resources, the work is tough yet rewarding. working with children with behavioral problems and on the autism spectrum can be challenging and trying. The entire office staff is great to work with and makes the job easier, and the entire field staff is always willing to listen and help out.
Pros
helping the clients achieve their goals
Cons
driving house to house, inconsistent hours
Nice working atmosphere and helpful supervisors
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJune 25, 2015
A self-starter. Worked with clients schedules, but worked at own pace and made my own schedule. Supervisors and management were concerned about my needs not just the clients.
Everything about them is wrong!!!
Tss (Current Employee) –  North hills officeMay 11, 2015
From day today you have no idea who's going to be managing your office because they let people go nonstop do not gain any seniority or you will be terminated !

It's hard to get a decent schedule the hours suck. The pay is good but the hours are so low you don't make any money they expect you to pay for all of your clearances .

Nothing is ever clear trainings are not thorough just do not work here pick a different wraparound company .
Pros
Ipad for paperwork but don't forget to sync it daily or they write you up.
Cons
Poor staff poor management poor training.
Learning Opportunites
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 3, 2015
Many growth and learning opportunities are available within the company. Gain opportunity to work in local community. Feel sense of accomplishment achieving goals of individual children.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, PAApril 17, 2015
Managers and supervisors will try to be involved in your personal business. Company not willing to protect employees when clients and their families attack you at your home. NO. Do NOT WORK HERE
Mobile Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2015
Flexible schedule, good people to work with, helpful, a typical day consists of working with family to set up appointment,
Pleasant people to work with
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAMarch 10, 2015
I answer the phone for most of the day. Calls about schedule, medications, beginning services, and etc. The other employees are very easy to talk to and approachable. My boss is very thorough and always has a positive attitude. Mental Health is a very difficult field to work in and my co-workers are very good at what they do. The hardest part is when a consumer Is taking out their angers on you, when it is not your fault. You need to be handle some difficult situations and know what to say. I enjoy working in this office and will miss it.
home health aid
Technical Suport Staff (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAFebruary 16, 2015
went into homes and helped with daily living, shopping, and anything else one. The staff was very helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Diligent employees, inefficient systems
Mobile Therapist/Behavioral Specialist Consultant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 15, 2015
FBR has the following positives going for it:
-Diligent employees, including supervisors
-Attempts to be a friendly place to work
-Training opportunities
-iPads for use in the field

The hardest part of the job is the fact that there is so much work you have to do but do not get paid for. The systems are built on individual diligence of the employee and to do a fair job, you have to put in lots of hours that you cannot get paid for. It's unjust.
Pros
diligent employees, including supervisors, attempts to be a friendly place to work, training opportunities, ipads for use in the field
Cons
lots of work you don't get paid for, lots of driving

2.6