Family Behavioral Resources Employee Reviews

Nice working atmosphere and helpful supervisors
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAJune 25, 2015
A self-starter. Worked with clients schedules, but worked at own pace and made my own schedule. Supervisors and management were concerned about my needs not just the clients.
Everything about them is wrong!!!
Tss (Current Employee), North hills officeMay 11, 2015
Pros: Ipad for paperwork but don't forget to sync it daily or they write you up.
Cons: Poor staff poor management poor training.
From day today you have no idea who's going to be managing your office because they let people go nonstop do not gain any seniority or you will be terminated !

It's hard to get a decent schedule the hours suck. The pay is good but the hours are so low you don't make any money they expect you to pay for all of your clearances .

Nothing is ever clear trainings are not thorough just do not work here pick a different wraparound company .
Learning Opportunites
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Current Employee), Uniontown, PAMay 3, 2015
Many growth and learning opportunities are available within the company. Gain opportunity to work in local community. Feel sense of accomplishment achieving goals of individual children.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Bridgewater, PAApril 17, 2015
Managers and supervisors will try to be involved in your personal business. Company not willing to protect employees when clients and their families attack you at your home. NO. Do NOT WORK HERE
Mobile Therapist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2015
Flexible schedule, good people to work with, helpful, a typical day consists of working with family to set up appointment,
Pleasant people to work with
Office Assistant (Current Employee), New Kensington, PAMarch 10, 2015
I answer the phone for most of the day. Calls about schedule, medications, beginning services, and etc. The other employees are very easy to talk to and approachable. My boss is very thorough and always has a positive attitude. Mental Health is a very difficult field to work in and my co-workers are very good at what they do. The hardest part is when a consumer Is taking out their angers on you, when it is not your fault. You need to be handle some difficult situations and know what to say. I enjoy working in this office and will miss it.
home health aid
Technical Suport Staff (Current Employee), Latrobe, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
went into homes and helped with daily living, shopping, and anything else one. The staff was very helpful and easy to work with.
Diligent employees, inefficient systems
Mobile Therapist/Behavioral Specialist Consultant (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: diligent employees, including supervisors, attempts to be a friendly place to work, training opportunities, ipads for use in the field
Cons: lots of work you don't get paid for, lots of driving
FBR has the following positives going for it:
-Diligent employees, including supervisors
-Attempts to be a friendly place to work
-Training opportunities
-iPads for use in the field

The hardest part of the job is the fact that there is so much work you have to do but do not get paid for. The systems are built on individual diligence of the employee and to do a fair job, you have to put in lots of hours that you cannot get paid for. It's unjust.
Oganized and Rewarding place to work at
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee), Hermitage, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, office parties, employee of the month, vacation days
Cons: temporary job
I love working with all my clients that I have been assigned. The office is small so you get to meet a lot of other coworkers when coming in and out of the building. I love the office parties and rewards you can earn for just turning your notes in on time. I enjoy working full time and getting medical benefits. The staff is there to help you in any way that they can. They are very caring and passionate about their job. The hardest part about the job is that they use the term "temporary" in the job description. If your client doesn't show up for school or cancels a service then you don't get paid!
Beneficial experience to the world of Autism.
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJanuary 27, 2015
My job was to follow the client throughout their day whether at school or at home to collect data on their behaviors and transfer necessary skills to help them succeed in every day tasks. The hardest part of the job was taking the abuse given by clients with no understanding of pain. The best part was watching them succeed.
Unclear objectives
Senior Therapist for Outpatient Clinic (Former Employee), Indiana, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: learned a great deal about for-profits
Cons: learned a great deal about for-profits
While I learned a great deal about mental health at FBR, I never seemed to be clear about the Clinic's and their place in the company compared to other services provided.
unsure of current company
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, PAJanuary 10, 2015
when I worked at family behavioral resources, it was several years ago and there were different owners of the company and different management. I really am not sure what the company is like to work for today. I know they are a large company over several counties in PA.
Friendly co-workers
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Current Employee), Ford City, PAJanuary 4, 2015
I just started one month ago, so do not have enourgh time in to submit a review.
BSC/MT great people
BSC/MT (Former Employee), HermitageDecember 15, 2014
Pros: ipad, the people, flexibility, opportunity for licensing, paid trainings
Cons: extensive travel, paperwork that does not end, turnover in employees and cases, not able to rely on a set # of hours.
I worked for the company for roughly 7 or 8 mos. They offered paid training but you would need to travel extensively to get to most of them. In the beginning you have a lot of out of pocket expenses to get state and federal clearances, which would be reimbursed later on.

A lot of turnover. I feel like I was paid by the minute because we had to track our time which got a bit crazy trying to compute weekly. Also you get paid different wages depending on what you are doing. Paperwork is paid at minimum wage if at all. Very little mileage pay if any. You could not count on your hours because the families you are caring for are not necessarily reliable. There's quite a bit of driving and mandatory yearly trainings.

The paperwork was the worst ..even with the iPad.

Great work experience for college graduates or if you need a job that will work around your schedule.
Great experience builder
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Hermitage, PADecember 10, 2014
I appreciate the business skills that I gained as an administrative supervisor.
Fun Place to work
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee), New Kensington, PANovember 5, 2014
Very enjoyable place of employment but not guaranteed job security.
Very fulfilling
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee), Indiana, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: fulfilling
Cons: low pay
Management is very kind and always willing to help you learn and grow. The field is very rewarding, however, pay and benefits are low. Hours are very flexible and can not be counted on.
Poor working environment and unrealistic expectations.
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Kittanning, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: no evening or weekend hours
Cons: no pay for working over 40 hours/poor office environment
Some of the other managers and staff had a very poor attitude and work ethic which made for a poor working environment.
Rewarding job
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PASeptember 29, 2014
Working with the children, and their families, is very rewarding. I learned a lot about Autism and how is effects everyone. I worked with some very dedicated individuals who were always willing to share techniques and tools. The management constantly spoke about the 'kiddos' coming first but from my experience it was the billable that came first. With limited funds/authorizations from State and insurance reimbursement it became all about maximizes billable time.
Ick
BSC (Current Employee), New kensingtonSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: everything
I have been working with this company for almost two years and I have yet to really know what my job duties are. I often do not find out what I was supposed to do until I get penalized for not doing it. The hours are wearing. I often work from 9-9 and come home to do paperwork that I do not get paid for. I drive approximately 300 miles a week and the pay barely covers the gas money I am forking out let alone the upkeep of my vehicle. There are trainings offered, however fitting them into a full time work schedule is impossible. Working with the clients and the families is great but overall the workplace is not healthy. In the time I've worked here, there have been 4 clinical directors and many different supervisors.