Family Business

Family Business Employer Reviews

hard work but fun
Laborer and Small Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Pahokee, FLAugust 28, 2014
labor work and small equipment operation
welding skills
demolition work
Hard but satisfying job.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Hemet, CAAugust 5, 2014
-A typical day at work consists of being there for my great grandma with Alzheimer's and Dementia and making sure that she does not harm herself or others.

-While working with my great grandma I have learned how to be even more patient and understanding. Especially because half of the time she is too confused to even remember the most simplest things, – more... such as eating or changing her clothes every day.

-The hardest part of the job is when she goes into those fits of anger because she can't remember anything and lashes out on me. I know that it's not personal, but sometimes it's hard not to be hurt by it.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is when she is in her right mind and I get to just sit and talk with her. – less
Family
Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 30, 2014
Working with my family was the experience of a lifetime. I got to spend everyday with the people I love and care for. Also I picked up a lot of knowledge to help me in everyday life.
Enjoyment
Assistant/Employee (Former Employee), Handy man jobsJuly 10, 2014
I just love working with my father. Learned so many great things & made a good bond. Always constantly moving back & forth grabbing stuff & organizing. The hardest part was when the clients over watched us. Kind of difficult to focus on the job. Peer pressure.
Fun Place to Work
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Warren, MIJune 25, 2014
Pros: the doctor is extremely nice
Cons: no room for advancement
The doctor is extremely nice. Coworkers are nice. The patients are like family.
A great enivorment to work and was very productive
Cleaner (Former Employee), Canton, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch and partys
Cons: n/a
Typical day at work was trying to sale memberships and help customers. Management was always helpful when I needed them.
Co-workers was pretty cool. The most enjoying moment was seeing people happy leaving.
Salesman (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAJune 10, 2014
Best part: work on my own schedule and hours.
Work from home
Almost no problems with customers
Productive , Goals met, Ready to get back to work ( with benefits)
Raising Family /Parents/ Family Business (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 1, 2014
Pros: being there for my family
Cons: no benefits
See Resume for all 20+ years of Management employment.

These past few years I had the luxury of taking time off to care for my family until they are ready for school, my parents and friends had terminal illnesses and I was their caretaker, my husband and I started a family business in the Abatement Field.
Productive work 24/7
Seasonal Construction Worker (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 14, 2014
Always completing productive work, helping out others with things they are not able to complete themselves, and enjoy the ability of being able to work with family all while working at the same time.
Family owned buisness
General Helper (Former Employee), Sicklerville, NJMay 6, 2014
Its just my mom and dads business that i help out with, they are really nice people and they treat me good because im their son. I do not like only working on days that they need help though.
Clerk at Painex Co.
Clerk (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 5, 2014
Pros: friendly people, variety of tasks
Cons: pay
Super friendly staff, and it really helped me transition into the job world!
fast past
cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: family
it was fun working at a family business because i was comfortable with all my coworkers because they were all my familt
Working with family as a fun eperience
Assistant (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2014
Pros: learning alot
Mostly working with my father learning the ways of finding and buying homes, fixing and upgrading them for a profit.
Family owned restaurant
Restaurant Owner (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with the help, and the customers.Was responsible for all day to day activities, from cleaning to cooking,greeting customers. Did not deal with bookeeping,other members of family took care of that side of business.
Family Business
Caterer (Former Employee), Music VenuesFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: music, meeting interesting people from varied backgrounds. teamwork.
Cons: long hours
This was a 24' Food vending unit, which would be exported to music venues, contracted as the sole catering unit. A day consisted of opening at 6,30am cooking full English Breakfast's, designing a wholesome interesting menu for the day, listing of ingredients and quantities required, shopping, preparing, cooking and serving throughout the day. Ensuring – more... Health & Safety, Food Hygiene regulations were maintained, always having a smile and a pleasant manner when dealing with customers, The day ended approx. 12am when all cleaning and clearing would be completed by all staff member's.
Time management, organisational skills and stamina were all paramount. The hardest part of the job was maintaining ones energy levels and that of the staff . – less
Bookkeeper
"Book Keeper" (Current Employee), Kennett SquareFebruary 11, 2014
Excellent environment to Learn and excel. The company is very helpful with reaching an employees goals. Very satisfied working here
Good customers and nice place to learn how to work with people.
Cashier/Manager (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2014
This job didn't pay it was only for gaining more experience.
Taking care of my nephew and nieces, feeding them, clothing them, spending time with them, schooling (navajo)
Babysitting (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2014
Overall I have been doing this babysitting for years since I was fourteen. I babysitted three kids, two boys and one girl. Enjoying time with them while the parents are away at work
Heritage family property managed since 2002
Landman (Current Employee), Albion, MEJanuary 5, 2014
Irregular but rewarding work in nature with no co-workers.
n/a
Clerk (Former Employee), Prattville, ALDecember 5, 2013
Pros: working around friends.
Cons: not enough hours.
I get work around family and friends every week. My family has owned and operated Posey Crossroad for over 30 years. It's a store with a lot of history.

1 2 3 4 5