Family Business

Family Business Employer Reviews

Productive place to work.
Bertha's Sales (Former Employee), Modesto Ca.November 19, 2014
Very Fun to work at. I learned everything from working the cash register to having great customer service.
family business
Carpentry Helper (Former Employee), Rhode islandNovember 4, 2014
Pros: family owned
Cons: hard work on hot days
over the summers while I was growing up I would always work for the family business doing carpentry work, and painting. Always kept me busy and out of trouble and taught me a lot over the time.
Great resort and hotel chain
Property Manger (Former Employee), Steamboat SpringsOctober 10, 2014
It was just a great opportunity to work here. Great staff and management. I was able to climb the ladder so to speak, fairly quick.
Fun but Tiring at the same time
Guava Picker (Former Employee), Keaau, HIOctober 2, 2014
Just a typical day at work but the hardest part of the job is working in rain or shine weather
Good administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2014
One of my biggest challenges was that my husband was the Store Manager, so other employees thought that I have more privileges than other, was not true at all. Overall It was a challenge but at the same time a new experience
Great people, great energy, great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 21, 2014
Arrive at working destination. Go over what we have planned for the day. Unload all materials and everything needed to get the job done. Start the job. Get food. Work more until job done. If a lot of time is left. Start another work days job.
There were no fun place at my family business.
human resources (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: there were break that i had during the job
Cons: lot of customer
Typically the day at work were soothing and the day were as normal as any other day. The job was kind of difficult at first was I learn quick so it was no problem. Things I manage at my family business would be the nail salon product that needed to be sorted out. The hardest part of the job was when customer were overwhelming hwne coming in but it can – more... be easily be done when getting use to it and adapting to the situation quickly. – less
Family fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Christiansburg, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: working with family, helping the business grow
Cons: the pay, the hours(not enough)
I don't regularly work at my family's business but when I do I help my grandma with organization, paper work, answering the phone, etc
I have learned a lot about different business skills which is what caused me to start going to school to earn a degreee in business administration.
My grandma is good at management however she needs help which is why – more... I am also going to school.
My co-workers are my family and I get along with them for the most part.
The hardest part of the job is constructing the molds and lifting the heavy materials.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to talk with people while you work and learn what is going on in their lives. – less
Working for my father!!!
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee), Sistersville, WVSeptember 9, 2014
Dispatched trucks, made calls to customers, paid bills took orders drove truck, forklift did it all.
hard work but fun
Laborer and Small Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Pahokee, FLAugust 28, 2014
labor work and small equipment operation
welding skills
demolition work
Hard but satisfying job.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Hemet, CAAugust 5, 2014
-A typical day at work consists of being there for my great grandma with Alzheimer's and Dementia and making sure that she does not harm herself or others.

-While working with my great grandma I have learned how to be even more patient and understanding. Especially because half of the time she is too confused to even remember the most simplest things, – more... such as eating or changing her clothes every day.

-The hardest part of the job is when she goes into those fits of anger because she can't remember anything and lashes out on me. I know that it's not personal, but sometimes it's hard not to be hurt by it.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is when she is in her right mind and I get to just sit and talk with her. – less
Family
Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 30, 2014
Working with my family was the experience of a lifetime. I got to spend everyday with the people I love and care for. Also I picked up a lot of knowledge to help me in everyday life.
Enjoyment
Assistant/Employee (Former Employee), Handy man jobsJuly 10, 2014
I just love working with my father. Learned so many great things & made a good bond. Always constantly moving back & forth grabbing stuff & organizing. The hardest part was when the clients over watched us. Kind of difficult to focus on the job. Peer pressure.
Fun Place to Work
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Warren, MIJune 25, 2014
Pros: the doctor is extremely nice
Cons: no room for advancement
The doctor is extremely nice. Coworkers are nice. The patients are like family.
A great enivorment to work and was very productive
Cleaner (Former Employee), Canton, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch and partys
Cons: n/a
Typical day at work was trying to sale memberships and help customers. Management was always helpful when I needed them.
Co-workers was pretty cool. The most enjoying moment was seeing people happy leaving.
Salesman (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAJune 10, 2014
Best part: work on my own schedule and hours.
Work from home
Almost no problems with customers
Productive , Goals met, Ready to get back to work ( with benefits)
Raising Family /Parents/ Family Business (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 1, 2014
Pros: being there for my family
Cons: no benefits
See Resume for all 20+ years of Management employment.

These past few years I had the luxury of taking time off to care for my family until they are ready for school, my parents and friends had terminal illnesses and I was their caretaker, my husband and I started a family business in the Abatement Field.
Family owned buisness
General Helper (Former Employee), Sicklerville, NJMay 6, 2014
Its just my mom and dads business that i help out with, they are really nice people and they treat me good because im their son. I do not like only working on days that they need help though.
Clerk at Painex Co.
Clerk (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 5, 2014
Pros: friendly people, variety of tasks
Cons: pay
Super friendly staff, and it really helped me transition into the job world!
fast past
cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: family
it was fun working at a family business because i was comfortable with all my coworkers because they were all my familt

1 2 3 4 5