Family Business

Family Business Employee Reviews

Excellent time management skills
Book keeper (Current Employee), Rutland, VermontApril 29, 2015
Baby sitting can be quite challenging it just all depends on what kind of personality you have. This was my personal way to make money when I was under the age of 16.
I make the salary increase 50% since I take over my family business.
Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: overwork
At first I was a little scare to manage the business as a newly graduated student. My family partner taught me a lot experience to be a good business man. I manage the staffs, goods and make schedule for employee. It really difficult to make the elders follow you at beginning. I learn to how to communicate with them and show the effective way to make business better.
As the business grow up and my team enjoy in the work, it's really proud of me.
Personal Properties
Property Manager (Current Employee), portland oregonMarch 11, 2015
Managing two properties when needed.
Communicating with tenants
Collecting rent
Dealing with any problems that occur
very fun job to have
Child Care (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the job provided breakfast and lunch for me
Cons: sometimes the parents would arrive to get child late
my days at work were very long but fun. I would talk to the child and take her to the park. I also helped the child learn to walk and count to three. my manager was very nice and respected my needs.
i Dj at parties or kick backs , i play music
Dj (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: own scheduled
Cons: no breaks
i have my own time my own music my own boss. I can charge as much as i want. I have my equipment to bring. and the hardest part is packing everything back. I've been in the music game since i was born.
Very Productive
Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Prepare letters to tenants, filing, research criminal background for potential tenants in Cuyahoga County data base. Assist in landscaping, painting, remodeling of houses using light weight hand tools
Productive Workplace
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee), Rex, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: gaining character and muscle
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours to work
typical day at work would consist of care take of a lawn, do any maintenance needed to the yard and or machinery. i learned to use power tools, learned how to use exquisite customer service as well. my co-workers were other family members around my age who were also wanting a little small job. hardest part was working the long hour days but it all was a lesson learned that hard work eventually pays of as it teaches you character. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers expression when our job was complete.
Worked since a young age
Vendor (Current Employee), Salem, NHJanuary 5, 2015
Getting up every weekend morning was a drag. The business helped me build my work ethics. I honed my sales skills with customers and vendors.

Being sociable and amicable is paramount in sales.
Productive place to work.
Bertha's Sales (Former Employee), Modesto Ca.November 19, 2014
Very Fun to work at. I learned everything from working the cash register to having great customer service.
family business
Carpentry Helper (Former Employee), Rhode islandNovember 4, 2014
Pros: family owned
Cons: hard work on hot days
over the summers while I was growing up I would always work for the family business doing carpentry work, and painting. Always kept me busy and out of trouble and taught me a lot over the time.
Great resort and hotel chain
Property Manger (Former Employee), Steamboat SpringsOctober 10, 2014
It was just a great opportunity to work here. Great staff and management. I was able to climb the ladder so to speak, fairly quick.
Fun but Tiring at the same time
Guava Picker (Former Employee), Keaau, HIOctober 2, 2014
Just a typical day at work but the hardest part of the job is working in rain or shine weather
Good administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2014
One of my biggest challenges was that my husband was the Store Manager, so other employees thought that I have more privileges than other, was not true at all. Overall It was a challenge but at the same time a new experience
Great people, great energy, great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 21, 2014
Arrive at working destination. Go over what we have planned for the day. Unload all materials and everything needed to get the job done. Start the job. Get food. Work more until job done. If a lot of time is left. Start another work days job.
There were no fun place at my family business.
human resources (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: there were break that i had during the job
Cons: lot of customer
Typically the day at work were soothing and the day were as normal as any other day. The job was kind of difficult at first was I learn quick so it was no problem. Things I manage at my family business would be the nail salon product that needed to be sorted out. The hardest part of the job was when customer were overwhelming hwne coming in but it can be easily be done when getting use to it and adapting to the situation quickly.
Family fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Christiansburg, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: working with family, helping the business grow
Cons: the pay, the hours(not enough)
I don't regularly work at my family's business but when I do I help my grandma with organization, paper work, answering the phone, etc
I have learned a lot about different business skills which is what caused me to start going to school to earn a degreee in business administration.
My grandma is good at management however she needs help which is why I am also going to school.
My co-workers are my family and I get along with them for the most part.
The hardest part of the job is constructing the molds and lifting the heavy materials.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to talk with people while you work and learn what is going on in their lives.
Working for my father!!!
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee), Sistersville, WVSeptember 9, 2014
Dispatched trucks, made calls to customers, paid bills took orders drove truck, forklift did it all.
hard work but fun
Laborer and Small Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Pahokee, FLAugust 28, 2014
labor work and small equipment operation
welding skills
demolition work
Hard but satisfying job.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Hemet, CAAugust 5, 2014
-A typical day at work consists of being there for my great grandma with Alzheimer's and Dementia and making sure that she does not harm herself or others.

-While working with my great grandma I have learned how to be even more patient and understanding. Especially because half of the time she is too confused to even remember the most simplest things, such as eating or changing her clothes every day.

-The hardest part of the job is when she goes into those fits of anger because she can't remember anything and lashes out on me. I know that it's not personal, but sometimes it's hard not to be hurt by it.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is when she is in her right mind and I get to just sit and talk with her.
Family
Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 30, 2014
Working with my family was the experience of a lifetime. I got to spend everyday with the people I love and care for. Also I picked up a lot of knowledge to help me in everyday life.

1 2 3 4