Family Business Employee Reviews

The enjoyment of making something old look new again.
Assist in remodeling houses (Former Employee), Meridian , MSAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work is like less talk more work and I learned a lot about remodeling homes, my management is family and friends people I love to be around, the hardest part of the job is having to wait on material to arrive and the most enjoyable part of the job is lunch we are provided food each day.
Family business
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Punjab, PakistanAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Own business
Cons: Long hours
Ran a family real estate business. Managed employees. Managed financial transactions and record. Responsible to hiring and firing. Learned about management and Human resources
Long hours but the satisfaction of having own business
Family
Secretary (Current Employee), Gallina, NMAugust 10, 2015
My father does small jobs for clients who need welding done and also leads the acequia business in the area where we live. My job was to write letters and complete contracts while keeping everything organized. Although it didn't involve payment, considering it's family, it gave me extra experience in putting together paperwork and writing out important documents.
Productive and Influential envionmnt
Child Care (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Family run
Cons: no breaks, chaotic
Average day included tending to 2-7 kids at once , making sure all needs were met. Efficiently learned to listen and pay attention to satisfy children and make overall job easier
productive and good place to work
Remodeler (Former Employee), Tucson AzJuly 8, 2015
Cons: no health care and poor payment
friendly place to work learned all the work I could fun and skill co-workers hardest part of the job was that i had to stand under the sun for long periods of time but it was worth it
Challenging and interesting
Event Videographer Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento CaJune 26, 2015
Pros: Beautiful people and surroundings and sometimes a nice dinner is provided
Cons: Stressful in getting the right camera settings and video coverage
Wedding video is challenging because the event can not be redone in the event that something is missed or taken at a wrong angle. It requires much attention to detail and in predicting the next event in – more... order to get the right coverage. With the rapid change in technology, new camera settings have to be learned often.
I do enjoy the wedding setting. Everyone looks fantastic and the surroundings are beautiful. – less
Very fast pace and up-beat day little to no rest time.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hacienda Heights, CaliforniaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Outdoors, free lunch
Cons: Short Breaks, what you start you must finish
great experience on how to speak with customers because sells are made from word of mouth and customer recommendation.
Overall great place to work for there just wasn't any room for me to advance that being said it just wasn't a place I saw myself being able to stay at
General Laborer (Current Employee), Columbus,OHJune 21, 2015
Pros: Long hours with over time, great work culture.
Cons: Little to no breaks, No room for advancement.
We would typically work anywhere from 10-12 hour days 5-6 days a week depending on work load. Never had any problems with any co-workers or management as we all got along very well and acted as a team. The hardest part of the job would honestly have to be the long days from time to time and the most enjoyable part would have to be seeing a project from start to finish.
Family Business
Carpenter Assistant (Former Employee), Alice, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: Family life
Cons: Compensation
Was able to stay close to home and worked with my family. My father was able to teach me the basics of this work and I can now use this trade for my own home.
General family property management
Property Manager (Current Employee), Galion Ohio AreaJune 9, 2015
Pros: Low stress
Cons: hummm... ? dunno :)
I tend to miscellaneous properties owned by my family.

While I do many repairs, I also contract out work as needed.

Typically it is transparent to my life.

Our renters usually nice to work with.

There is the occasional emergency, but I have a list of contractors I can fall back on.
Love children
Nanny (Current Employee), NCMay 30, 2015
Love children. although, this is not something I want a career out of, it is something I have a passion for. To help a child succeed and grown into a young wise adult
Excellent time management skills
Book keeper (Current Employee), Rutland, VermontApril 29, 2015
Baby sitting can be quite challenging it just all depends on what kind of personality you have. This was my personal way to make money when I was under the age of 16.
I make the salary increase 50% since I take over my family business.
Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: overwork
At first I was a little scare to manage the business as a newly graduated student. My family partner taught me a lot experience to be a good business man. I manage the staffs, goods and make schedule for – more... employee. It really difficult to make the elders follow you at beginning. I learn to how to communicate with them and show the effective way to make business better.
As the business grow up and my team enjoy in the work, it's really proud of me. – less
Personal Properties
Property Manager (Current Employee), portland oregonMarch 11, 2015
Managing two properties when needed.
Communicating with tenants
Collecting rent
Dealing with any problems that occur
very fun job to have
Child Care (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the job provided breakfast and lunch for me
Cons: sometimes the parents would arrive to get child late
my days at work were very long but fun. I would talk to the child and take her to the park. I also helped the child learn to walk and count to three. my manager was very nice and respected my needs.
i Dj at parties or kick backs , i play music
Dj (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: own scheduled
Cons: no breaks
i have my own time my own music my own boss. I can charge as much as i want. I have my equipment to bring. and the hardest part is packing everything back. I've been in the music game since i was born.
Very Productive
Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Prepare letters to tenants, filing, research criminal background for potential tenants in Cuyahoga County data base. Assist in landscaping, painting, remodeling of houses using light weight hand tools
Productive Workplace
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee), Rex, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: gaining character and muscle
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours to work
typical day at work would consist of care take of a lawn, do any maintenance needed to the yard and or machinery. i learned to use power tools, learned how to use exquisite customer service as well. my – more... co-workers were other family members around my age who were also wanting a little small job. hardest part was working the long hour days but it all was a lesson learned that hard work eventually pays of as it teaches you character. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers expression when our job was complete. – less
Worked since a young age
Vendor (Current Employee), Salem, NHJanuary 5, 2015
Getting up every weekend morning was a drag. The business helped me build my work ethics. I honed my sales skills with customers and vendors.

Being sociable and amicable is paramount in sales.
Productive place to work.
Bertha's Sales (Former Employee), Modesto Ca.November 19, 2014
Very Fun to work at. I learned everything from working the cash register to having great customer service.