Family Business Employee Reviews

The best
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Working with family you have the benifit to clock out when you want most of the time. You get the upper hand than most people.
Pros
everything
Cons
they call you randomly
I worked for my family so it was great.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJanuary 27, 2016
My father runs a private business and let me have authority over a lot of things while I lived at home. I was warehouse manager so I organized product, listed product to sell, and hired people. I also helped with researching product and purchasing it at auction. There was a lot of heavy lifting but I enjoyed the creative freedom I was given to run things. I still help from college.
Pros
Work whenever I want
Cons
If I messed something up I live with my boss.
Cleaning Cool cars
Team Member - Details 2U (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 12, 2016
Working in a hot environment getting splashed with water. I've learned how to wax, and coat the exterior of the car. Management were professional with well motivational speakers. The co-workers were energetic and happy. The hardest part of the job having so many cars lined up and getting certain cars done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job cleaning cool cars.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
N/A
simple, easy to learn and work environments.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 6, 2016
Work hours varies each month. Spring and fall require more work than usual. Very flexible work schedule due to nature of work.
I learned how to paint, clean, manage the rental property, some laws regarding rental property, making appointments and other related skills.
Every work I do, I learn more and more each time.
Hardest part is dealing with unreasonable tenants who only care about their needs, ignoring contracts and rules and tenants who demand their needs but not willing to work out with landlord.

Most enjoyable part is flexible schedule, getting to know tenants and learning experiences that I can use later in my life and will saves me lots of money (repairing simple damages at home, painting, filling papers, how to deal with angry tenants, customer services, etc.).
Pros
Free meals after long hours of work, flexible schedule, learning experience that is useful in real life outside of work
Cons
Dealing with unreasonable tenants (not very often but there's always one or two)
Family buisness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 4, 2015
Very good employees
Very good work place
Co workers are friendly
hardest part of job was nothing
A typical day at work is very fast pace but very calm
Great Food Great Srevice
operations manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 4, 2015
This is a great place to work and eat. Fast casual mexican and salvadorean food!!. All food is cook in site and no freezers or fillers
fun upbeat workplace
Bagel Boss Café (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYOctober 22, 2015
in a fast paced, customer oriented business, there are many things that can go wrong, but this company somehow manages through their people skills, to keep it all together.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
work weekends
very pleasant, full of learning experiences.
Mechanic / Carpentry (Current Employee) –  Millington, MIOctober 14, 2015
work on equipment, learn to work on vehicles, drive big machinery, build scaffolds, refinish houses, hang drywall, paint, help where I could, learn to build engines, tear engines apart.
a typical Day at work
ROOFING, SALON, HANDYMAN (Former Employee) –  liberal ksOctober 10, 2015
I did payrole and tooking both rent. I had to send out letters and make phone calls to people who is past due on a payment. I keep a clean work space.
Good Learning experience
Jettronixx - Sales Associate/Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, txOctober 5, 2015
Open shop, create invoices for new customers using quickbooks.
Create sales receipts using quickbooks as well.
Work on customer equipment and repair the issue.
repair laptops, desktops, and cellphones.
Pros
Working on different equipment everyday
Cons
benefits and pay
on call duties to various apartments around the jackson , madison area and also sub contract homes for awesome realty
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 5, 2015
I've learned how to do small electrical work, build cabinets, minor plumbing and roofing as well as framing, painting industrial buildings also hox to mix epoxy for all purpose flooring, s-60 boom lift operation, spray painting and various other new jobs
Pros
great learning facility, effective job approachment
Cons
seasonal jobs, no healthcare, no consistant jobs throughout the year
Family First
Personal Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Copperopolis, CaSeptember 23, 2015
When my mom needs me ... I help. It is also a part time job with few hours, but housekeeping comes natural. I love working with my mom and making our own schedule.
good
sales (Former Employee) –  bakersfieldscaSeptember 12, 2015
really good the people help out when they can even when you are having a bad day the give you the time you need to feel better
Pros
free lunch
The enjoyment of making something old look new again.
Assist in remodeling houses (Former Employee) –  Meridian , MSAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work is like less talk more work and I learned a lot about remodeling homes, my management is family and friends people I love to be around, the hardest part of the job is having to wait on material to arrive and the most enjoyable part of the job is lunch we are provided food each day.
Family business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Punjab, PakistanAugust 16, 2015
Ran a family real estate business. Managed employees. Managed financial transactions and record. Responsible to hiring and firing. Learned about management and Human resources
Long hours but the satisfaction of having own business
Pros
Own business
Family
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gallina, NMAugust 10, 2015
My father does small jobs for clients who need welding done and also leads the acequia business in the area where we live. My job was to write letters and complete contracts while keeping everything organized. Although it didn't involve payment, considering it's family, it gave me extra experience in putting together paperwork and writing out important documents.
Productive and Influential envionmnt
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2015
Average day included tending to 2-7 kids at once , making sure all needs were met. Efficiently learned to listen and pay attention to satisfy children and make overall job easier
Pros
Family run
Cons
no breaks, chaotic
productive and good place to work
Remodeler (Former Employee) –  Tucson AzJuly 8, 2015
friendly place to work learned all the work I could fun and skill co-workers hardest part of the job was that i had to stand under the sun for long periods of time but it was worth it
Cons
no health care and poor payment
Challenging and interesting
Event Videographer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento CaJune 26, 2015
Wedding video is challenging because the event can not be redone in the event that something is missed or taken at a wrong angle. It requires much attention to detail and in predicting the next event in order to get the right coverage. With the rapid change in technology, new camera settings have to be learned often.
I do enjoy the wedding setting. Everyone looks fantastic and the surroundings are beautiful.
Pros
Beautiful people and surroundings and sometimes a nice dinner is provided
Cons
Stressful in getting the right camera settings and video coverage
Very fast pace and up-beat day little to no rest time.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CaliforniaJune 23, 2015
great experience on how to speak with customers because sells are made from word of mouth and customer recommendation.
Pros
Outdoors, free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, what you start you must finish

4.4