Family Business

Family Business Employer Reviews

Great meeting new people
cutting grass (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 12, 2013
loved cutting my neighbors grass. it was always great seeing them happy of my work. the hardest part of the job was the weather being too hot. I learned how to cut down bushes and branches.
Citrix Online
Project Manager, Accountant (Former Employee), Peebles, OHJuly 10, 2013
• APAC Market Research Project Manager (China market localization)
• Identified key business drivers and used advanced financial modeling methods to forecast market entry cost/benefit and risk analysis
My uncle Dennis's Business
Lawnmower/Limb Cutter (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 4, 2013
Pros: he would sometimes buy us lunch, but not every day
Cons: i can't really think of any.
It's always a joy to work for him, Even if it is hard work. Sometimes he could be a bit of pain in the butt, but it was all in good respects, He was just trying to teach many of us how to work hard and diligently and how to get a job done.
productive, family importance
Assistant Laborer (Former Employee), chesapeake, vaJune 6, 2013
Pros: work the hours you want, work with family
Great values, morals and respect because it was only my father and I. There was very little to be learned since I have been doing this kind of work with my father off and on for many years. The co-workers and managers were only my father and I. The hardest part of the job would have to be working in the summer heat with no ac, only some fans and lifting extremely heavy or long metal plates by yourself using pulleys and hoists. There were no set hours on when to work, just a deadline on when it needed to be finished, my dad and I always worked 12-16 hours rarely 18 hours a day until the job was finished. Once it was finished we could use the rest of the 7-10 days for completing the job early for fun or relaxation.
Necessary To Help Family
Office Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor wages
Answering the phone, filing invoices, mailing invoices. No co-workers. I was the management. Dealing with unreasonable customers. Most of the customers were very pleasant and friendly.
Property Manager
Property Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2013
Pros: working independently and feeling a sense of accomplishment when jobs are completed.
Cons: not close enough to my career interests, previous work experience and education.
A typical day begins by reviewing and prioritizing the list of jobs to accomplish and then completing them. Upon prioritizing what needs to be done, I gather the tools and materials I will need to complete the jobs without interruption. If an unforseen events occur, I try to address them as quickly as possible so as to finish the planned jobs. Otherwise, I will try to find a stopping point and subsequently return as quickly as possible.
ran my own family buisness
owner/manager (Former Employee), West Seneca, NYMay 15, 2013
Pros: company paid trips
Opening store, shipping, receiving, getting deliveries ready ordering, inventory, banking, book keeping. I've learned to treat the customer the way you would want to be treated. It's all about serving and maintaining your customer and proving yourself worthy.
Enjoyable work experience.
Janitorial Assistant (Current Employee), Danville, KYMay 11, 2013
I learned many skills such as responsiblity and time management.
Self Owned
Office Manager/Marketing (Former Employee), Easton, KSApril 2, 2013
Pros: self owned
Cons: self owned
It was a family owned business building car parts for antique vehicles.
manuel labor and hard hours
Farm Hand (Former Employee), altus GAMarch 28, 2013
Pros: hour long lunch break
Cons: get covered in animal dung
typical day required me to herd cattle, collect eggs, and take care of deceased chickens. the most enjoyable part of the job was herding the cattle becuase it wasn't me on a horse making them walk into a cage, it was me standing in specific places and have them charge towards me aso i can flail my arms to scare the living heck out of them and they turn into the holding areas. every part of the job was the hardest part of the job thats what made it great.
A fast paced environment, all hands on work, and physical.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Sacramento CAMarch 18, 2013
I worked Monday through Friday and about 30 hours a week. My job was to do Property renovation/rehabilitation/remodeling which includes the following: Flooring, Roofing, , landscaping, Installation (doors, windows, kitchen cabinets, etc), painting, siding, finish work, and cleaning of the property. There was a crew of 5 individuals and we worked all together. The job was always hard work and tiring but that is what i enjoy doing.
worked from home
Secretary (Former Employee), Rochester HillsMarch 12, 2013
Pros: worked from home
Cons: no pay, no referances
I was a stay at home mom for 18 years. My husband became part owner in a welding company the same year that we wer married and had our first child. I did not get paid for this job, but I could work from home. I typed invoices and billed costomers for him twice a month for 17 years. It was great being able to stay at home and develop my computer skills while working from home.
family
Management and events Coordinator (Former Employee), DallasFebruary 15, 2013
Working for Family is hard but learning from each other and pushing each other for the best is always fun. It can cause problems from time to time but in the end its family
Great job
Car Detailer/Car Detailing (Former Employee), Freeport, FLFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great all around
was awesome to have a family business to run to make people happy and do things at a rate that was easier for me to do instea doing something the same everyday of the week all and all the job was a blasted
overall good expirence, learned alot
Maintenance (Former Employee), Auburn, INJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: made my own hours
Cons: living an hour away from the propertys
My grandfather owns many property's both commercial and residential. The residential property's were apartments he rented out. I would basically come in after a renter would move out and clean, paint, shampoo carpets, really anything that needed to be done. At the commercial property's i would do lawn care.
Renovation and Property Management
Property Manager / Handyman (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 19, 2013
Renovating property such as replacing plumbing/installing tiles
Great place to work.
Barista (Former Employee), MissouriJanuary 17, 2013
great pay, great management, great co-workers, great environment no difficulties to the job.
good
tremillo remodeling (Former Employee), San Antonio txJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benefits
i learned alot of things about cleaning and loading ,a little carpenter experience.but mainly just helper status
Family Business
seasonal worker (Current Employee), Westminster SCJanuary 15, 2013
Sell produce grown on a family farm. Seasonal produce, cornmeal and honey.
great place
Owner (Former Employee), İstanbul, T34January 12, 2013
i worked with my family members and relatives i showed me alot at work how to work how to make money how to spend and where to spend....