Family Business Employee Reviews

want to go back to airport job if possible
Manager on Diamond Market (Current Employee) –  victoria, texasNovember 27, 2013
I am tired with family business.....my current job is not challenging...its boring..no growth...used to work for airport for 6 years...feels like going back to some airport and work...If not get any different job in any companies where I can see growth on myself..
Pros
good people
Cons
hmmm
great with new people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  rialto caSeptember 14, 2013
volunteer working with kids 9-12 months cleaning , playing, etc.
Family Business
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2013
Excellent environment to work in my family business. I am looking for a new job opportunity in the area of my expertise.
family business
Business development consultant (Current Employee) –  Home base officeAugust 28, 2013
On a weekly basis, I would review all sales, customers' profiles, study market activities through influx businesses, predict future business, look for new ways of doing business and improve overall business.

Basic accounting and bookkeeping are done weekly.

As part of business development for hospital dentist: I just started to work with California Hospital Dentist Group. My main responsibility is to do anything and everything to launch this group by beginning of 2014.
Pros
i operate on my own schedule
Cons
family business
Work at my own pace
Mower (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSAugust 27, 2013
Enjoyed this job the most although it was not a government job it still taught me about earning money and working for things my self.
Pros
worked at own pace
Cons
very hot
Machine opeRATOR
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 26, 2013
Family machine shop type buisness. Jobs got set up on whatever machine nesecary for the job, ie. Drill press, mills.
Any business is hard work, but a Restaurant is extreme.
Restaurant Partner (Former Employee) –  New Boston, NHAugust 23, 2013
The family had the opportunity to purchase a beautiful 7 acre property on a river with a restaurant and rental property. For 5 years the property prospered until the winter of 2009 when we were closed due to the economic downturn and a series of winter storms closed all accesses to the town and the restaurant for 45 days. After which the business of unrecoverable and the restaurant was closed and sold.
Pros
not sure there are any
Cons
its the hardest work you will ever do.
Family own business: Productive, busy, friendly.
Personal Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, PAAugust 20, 2013
My hours are from 12-7. I would help organzie paper work, run errands, make travel arragments and anything else that my employer needed or his clients. I was very professional and so was my employer.
Pros
i could come and go as i please.
Cons
no benefits.
Driving all day
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sigourney, IAJuly 15, 2013
Driving a tractor mowing feilds. I learned how to operate a tractor. The most enjoyable part was listening to music all day.
Pros
free lunches, step dad was boss.
Cons
no cons, it was a fun job.
Great meeting new people
cutting grass (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 12, 2013
loved cutting my neighbors grass. it was always great seeing them happy of my work. the hardest part of the job was the weather being too hot. I learned how to cut down bushes and branches.
Citrix Online
Project Manager, Accountant (Former Employee) –  Peebles, OHJuly 10, 2013
• APAC Market Research Project Manager (China market localization)
• Identified key business drivers and used advanced financial modeling methods to forecast market entry cost/benefit and risk analysis
My uncle Dennis's Business
Lawnmower/Limb Cutter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 4, 2013
It's always a joy to work for him, Even if it is hard work. Sometimes he could be a bit of pain in the butt, but it was all in good respects, He was just trying to teach many of us how to work hard and diligently and how to get a job done.
Pros
he would sometimes buy us lunch, but not every day
Cons
i can't really think of any.
productive, family importance
Assistant Laborer (Former Employee) –  chesapeake, vaJune 6, 2013
Great values, morals and respect because it was only my father and I. There was very little to be learned since I have been doing this kind of work with my father off and on for many years. The co-workers and managers were only my father and I. The hardest part of the job would have to be working in the summer heat with no ac, only some fans and lifting extremely heavy or long metal plates by yourself using pulleys and hoists. There were no set hours on when to work, just a deadline on when it needed to be finished, my dad and I always worked 12-16 hours rarely 18 hours a day until the job was finished. Once it was finished we could use the rest of the 7-10 days for completing the job early for fun or relaxation.
Pros
work the hours you want, work with family
Necessary To Help Family
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2013
Answering the phone, filing invoices, mailing invoices. No co-workers. I was the management. Dealing with unreasonable customers. Most of the customers were very pleasant and friendly.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor wages
Property Manager
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2013
A typical day begins by reviewing and prioritizing the list of jobs to accomplish and then completing them. Upon prioritizing what needs to be done, I gather the tools and materials I will need to complete the jobs without interruption. If an unforseen events occur, I try to address them as quickly as possible so as to finish the planned jobs. Otherwise, I will try to find a stopping point and subsequently return as quickly as possible.
Pros
working independently and feeling a sense of accomplishment when jobs are completed.
Cons
not close enough to my career interests, previous work experience and education.
ran my own family buisness
owner/manager (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYMay 15, 2013
Opening store, shipping, receiving, getting deliveries ready ordering, inventory, banking, book keeping. I've learned to treat the customer the way you would want to be treated. It's all about serving and maintaining your customer and proving yourself worthy.
Pros
company paid trips
Enjoyable work experience.
Janitorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 11, 2013
I learned many skills such as responsiblity and time management.
Self Owned
Office Manager/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Easton, KSApril 2, 2013
It was a family owned business building car parts for antique vehicles.
Pros
self owned
Cons
self owned
manuel labor and hard hours
Farm Hand (Former Employee) –  altus GAMarch 28, 2013
typical day required me to herd cattle, collect eggs, and take care of deceased chickens. the most enjoyable part of the job was herding the cattle becuase it wasn't me on a horse making them walk into a cage, it was me standing in specific places and have them charge towards me aso i can flail my arms to scare the living heck out of them and they turn into the holding areas. every part of the job was the hardest part of the job thats what made it great.
Pros
hour long lunch break
Cons
get covered in animal dung
A fast paced environment, all hands on work, and physical.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CAMarch 18, 2013
I worked Monday through Friday and about 30 hours a week. My job was to do Property renovation/rehabilitation/remodeling which includes the following: Flooring, Roofing, , landscaping, Installation (doors, windows, kitchen cabinets, etc), painting, siding, finish work, and cleaning of the property. There was a crew of 5 individuals and we worked all together. The job was always hard work and tiring but that is what i enjoy doing.

4.4