Family Business

Family Business United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Barista (Former Employee), MissouriJanuary 17, 2013
great pay, great management, great co-workers, great environment no difficulties to the job.
good
tremillo remodeling (Former Employee), San Antonio txJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benefits
i learned alot of things about cleaning and loading ,a little carpenter experience.but mainly just helper status
Family Business
seasonal worker (Current Employee), Westminster SCJanuary 15, 2013
Sell produce grown on a family farm. Seasonal produce, cornmeal and honey.
Trustworthy group and enjoyable to be around
Repairman Home Repair (Former Employee), Gresham, ORJanuary 7, 2013
Hardest part was giving care to two of my family members in times of bad health.

The most enjoyable things about the job were getting to see family often and being able to help family.

Work was variable during this time but may include a day of painting and minor repairs to fixing meals and being a taxi service for someone.

Learning patience and to be responsible was something that I achieved during this time.
rewarding
Driver (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 11, 2012
Pros: receiving tips and free meal
Cons: no exact hours of schedule
Meet different kind of people (different nationality)
learned how to deal with different characters
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the clients appreciated my performance in driving
its a great job but need more and differnt experince
Receptionist (Current Employee), Sparks, NVOctober 26, 2012
Pros: good service. unch breaks
recieve phone calls, making appointments. explaing and helping clients out. manager and co worker are great friendly and understandable. hardest thing on this job was making appoint ments and dealing with complans but got through it and mange to handle it
get the job done
Home care (Current Employee), Henderson, NCOctober 12, 2012
I love the home care business I love to help people that can't help themselves. Just something I love to do
This position allowed me to create educational and networking programs, evaluate results and adapt or adjust as necessary to be valuable to members.
Associate Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great benefits, good commute
Cons: lack of good leadership, support and team effort
Many hours were needed to accomplish my work in a productive way, but my time was flexible and self-managed. I learned it is very difficult to get things done when your support system is frequently absent or unable to produce work on schedule. Management was a bit challenging, in that the supervisory role in the department was in flux. I had a great co-worker that provided a mutual support system to brainstorm and accomplish our work successfully. The hardest part of the job was not having infrastructure available to deliver our services, and the need for me to create or find everything I needed on my own - it took time from the main focus of my job. The commute to work was easy and there were many people on campus that I enjoyed.
Family owned business.
General Manager (Current Employee), Katy, TXAugust 2, 2012
Pros: lots of freedom.
Cons: handling 18 employees.
• Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products. Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
• Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand. Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services. Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes. Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 23, 2012
Loved working here it was an excellent location with great cohesiveness and work ethics.
Wood Worker/Rustic Cedar (Former Employee), Appling GAJuly 22, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: homeschooled
The hardest part of the job was that my father owned it and he could tell me when to work and how long. But overall i loved the experience to be able to travel around the united states delivering homemade furniture.
Worked with family
Construction (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2012
Worked with family members over a couple years. I've been working on a family project and other minor activities that needed to be done
productive
maintenance (Former Employee), Pecos, NMMay 31, 2012
a lot of work but i was still a kind of job where i was never bored.
enjoyed working with my dad
Construction (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYMay 17, 2012
I have learned that working with family is a nice way to work.
Fun job especially since i was working for family
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYApril 19, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: no benefits
Assistant manager and maintenance of townhouses and apartments Rent Collection and advertising, Maintained lawn care and repair services
good workplace, always meet someone new
customer service (Former Employee), robinvale and curlwaaMarch 7, 2012
Pros: cash work
Cons: no benefits/sick days
good businesses to work for, serving and interacting with new people
Busy High Trafic
Assitant Cosmotlgist (Former Employee), Gaffney,SCJuly 20, 2011
Pros: hour somewhat flexable
Cons: l was sometimes intemimadated
I enjoy this career for many years. It did help the development, of what I wanted in my life;by whatching and lisnening to elders that a we served, on a daily basis. It was a creative out let for me so I
take a second look at the community. I decied to stay in this area.

Family Business Salaries