Family Business

Family Business Employer Reviews

Wood Worker/Rustic Cedar (Former Employee), Appling GAJuly 22, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: homeschooled
The hardest part of the job was that my father owned it and he could tell me when to work and how long. But overall i loved the experience to be able to travel around the united states delivering homemade furniture.
Worked with family
Construction (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2012
Worked with family members over a couple years. I've been working on a family project and other minor activities that needed to be done
productive
maintenance (Former Employee), Pecos, NMMay 31, 2012
a lot of work but i was still a kind of job where i was never bored.
enjoyed working with my dad
Construction (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYMay 17, 2012
I have learned that working with family is a nice way to work.
Fun job especially since i was working for family
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYApril 19, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: no benefits
Assistant manager and maintenance of townhouses and apartments Rent Collection and advertising, Maintained lawn care and repair services
good workplace, always meet someone new
customer service (Former Employee), robinvale and curlwaaMarch 7, 2012
Pros: cash work
Cons: no benefits/sick days
good businesses to work for, serving and interacting with new people
Busy High Trafic
Assitant Cosmotlgist (Former Employee), Gaffney,SCJuly 20, 2011
Pros: hour somewhat flexable
Cons: l was sometimes intemimadated
I enjoy this career for many years. It did help the development, of what I wanted in my life;by whatching and lisnening to elders that a we served, on a daily basis. It was a creative out let for me so I
take a second look at the community. I decied to stay in this area.
Productive, purposeful, creative, enthusiast.
Flexible Independent Chef & Welfare Youth Officer (Current Employee), Grafton, NSWJune 24, 2014
A Chef/Social Welfare Worker/Coordinator, Business Support Assistant, with four children, all school age, Married & loving family life.

My interests are many, Such as Art, Agriculture, Food Sustainability, Family Networking, and ministry working with my local schools & parish communities. I have many skills which I multi task between, “optimistic approach – more... in every part of my experience and work ethics, contributing to better living standards for my-self and for others.

My personal approach in the workforce is too maintain a positive approach, such as strength based processes, where ever possible when counselling, and supporting families, youth and children in this ever changing society in which we live from. However I have a lot to learn with a creative side in which I hope to find a well-managed, safe, friendly, environment to do so.
My aim in life is to grasp every chance I have in building my skills where ever possible. My aim is to continue working with Youth, Children & their families, giving a sense of stability. I am very passionate in areas that support the whole family especially with matters such as living sustainability. – less
This was a very productive workplace, satisfying to please the customers and it was a fun job.
Gamekeepers beater (Current Employee), NewburyJune 17, 2014
Pros: work with friends and family, good wage, good exercise.
Cons: heavy lifting in hot weather.
I worked here for 3 months carrying out various duties such as:
Collecting bricks and sand, mixing up cement, making tea and coffee and tidying up after work was finished. This work taught me some of the health and safety regulations required for working on a site and helped me build my customer service and communication skills.

I learned how to do – more... most of the different jobs listed above. The management was excellent so I never had any bad experiences and I always knew what I was supposed to be doing and how I was supposed to be doing it. Also, my co-workers were good as they were my family and a friend so we all got along and it made the job easier as I felt comfortable around them.

The hardest part of this job was probably the heavy lifting especially if it was a warm day. The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction on completing something for customers and the whole experience I gained from working here. – less
Fast paced enjoyable work
Sales rep (Former Employee), CumbernauldJune 13, 2014
Pros: respected by other members and customers
Cons: start and finshed time varied
Would talk and help customers, mark incoming and outgoing stock
productive
HEAD CHEF (Former Employee), mahaboobnagar, indiaJune 12, 2014
Pros: new and delicious dishes from live kitchen
Cons: no negative feedback
family business with good stand and sound profits. Handled own family business at hometown in INDIA from June of 2013 till March of 2014 in the role of HEADCHEF for numerous traditional weddings, parties, birthdays etc. As part of this, have done live cooking of traditional dishes in traditional way by maintaining hygiene, safety, and industry standards.
love of cookin
entreprenuer (Former Employee), indiaJune 9, 2014
since i have a love for cooking.
i wanted to cater food to people.
i started this business with the help of my mother.
we specialised in chinese food.
this was the most enjoyable kind of job coz i have a love for cooking.
Good role and I enjoyed it
Lead Management and Leadership consultant (Former Employee), Glasgow/EdinburghMay 21, 2014
Pros: autonomous
Cons: long hours
Autonomous role with lot of responsibility It was challenging to run the business and make decisions.
Learning
Entrepreneur (Current Employee), Darjeeling, Greater NoidaMay 19, 2014
Learning, fun. After working in BPOs for 7+ years, working independently is an altogether new experience.
Productive workplace
Laborer (Former Employee), MSMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches and a good bonus scheme
Cons: long working hours
In agriculture, and farming, a usual day starts at 5:30 AM, and ends at 9 - 9:30 PM. I used to take care of a dairy farm (about 60 cows) and lead a team of workers to gather crops on field. My daily task involved labor, team leading and driving.
I was able to use my engineering skills to build and repair agricultural machinery, and agricultural structures, – more... and during the free time I used to help my dad to restore and modify old army cars, which we were using in the farm. By using my help, we increased our profit by more than 100%, allowing us to acquire more land and machinery and as a result we use less labor. At the beginning we were using about 9 - 10 laborers, and now, we are using just 3 laborers. – less
Worked in family business
Part Owner (Former Employee), Hunter Valley NSWMay 13, 2014
I have the responsibility of mostly everything on both sites.
The following is what I do on a weekly or monthly basis:

• MYOB proficient. Wages, invoices and purchases are done through this
• I report the quarterly figures to the accountant for preparation of BAS
• Quarterly fuel statements from Caltex for accountant for Diesel rebates
• Monthly reporting – more... to directors on sales and costings for each site
• Advertising, which includes organising newspapers, radio, local hotel advertising (bar runners and bar coasters), shop a docket advertising
• Annual reporting to the NSW Environmental Protection Authority for both sites
• Quarterly Reporting to NSW Industry & Investment for any Workplace Injury for both sites
• Preparing and submitting tenders for various mining and non-mining contracts
• Business Development for both sites
• Preparing pricing schedules for both sites
• General administration duties such as phones, ordering safety clothing, toolbox talks, banking, paying of bills
• Maintenance Records: keeping all trucks and equipment paperwork up to date
• Organising registration and insurance on machinery
• Organising brokers for pricing on insurance, purchase of cars
• Preparing and paying wages, superannuation and tax
• Human Resources / Recruitment
• Assisting with annual audit for both sites.
• Our Quality Management System is updated and audited to comply with Australian Standards every year. I present the required documents for this each year – less
Manufacturing of auto ancillaries.
Marketing & Business development (Current Employee), MumbaiApril 2, 2014
My healthy relationship with customers is the foundation of this business.

Now this business is set and I am earning at the satisfactory level.

The OEM approvals and business development are the major skills are involved into it.

The costing & pricing are the major involvement areas.
Positive and friendly staff,
Bookkeeper/Financial Assistant (Former Employee), SydneyMarch 16, 2014
Pros: getting a broad range of experience for small business'
Cons: nothing
My work not only included sales and purchase data entry on MYOB, but also assisting with selling stock to customers (including business customers).
Toward the afternoon, I would finish entering new sales and purchases and then I would produce reports on MYOB to show sales data, at the end of the month I would produce Profit and Loss Statement. I would – more... also enter data into MYOB to account for the business' numerous income producing rental properties and securities on a monthly basis, to show the business' true profit or loss for the month.
I was also required to lodge BAS Statements for the business on a quarterly basis, and I was required to prepare and lodge, the business' Income tax returns for the year using Etax software.
From my employment with Aussie Rocks and Gemstones I learned numerous things about running a small business, including all of what I have mentioned above.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers, however I always managed to work thing out.
The most enjoyable part of this job, was being able to work from home processing MYOB data, or Income taxes. – less
We are glad and happy with the people.
Owner (Current Employee), Cabanatuan, P03February 26, 2014
Pros: enjoying
Cons: no time limit
We are glad and happy with the people who help us with this business. Even its really a hard work we don't have any problem with them. As long as we gave them the right amount of salary and deal with them in a good way.
jw dufton and sons
general labourer (Former Employee), >February 19, 2014
jw dufton and sons learned alot about the building trade really enjoyed it.

Family Business Photos