Family Care Partners Employee Reviews in United States

not a god place to work
Clinical Call Center Rep/ Medical Asst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
not a fare place to work, a very clicky clinic, no one is there to help you when issues with other employees. anyone that works there instantly sees how unfairly the employees are treated.
Beautiful place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2016
They do not go by the actual work and making sure patients ARE GETTING THE HELP THEY NEED. They only worry about fun and games. They are personality and thats good but no one doesnt know what they doing as far as office management and patient services. If you work in the medical field you should know medical terms.
Pros
FREE LUNCHS, AND GREAT MAS
Cons
PATIENT SERVICE AREA NEEDS MORE WORK
Horrible Office
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2015
I would not take my dog this office, I was fired from this office because I would not take my sick father to the ER and drop him off and come back to work and he needed emergency surgery. For that I say that they are a family practice but they are not about family!!!
Very unprofessional atmosphere
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fleming IslandSeptember 15, 2015
Management has very poor people skills and is disrespectful and talks down to staff and patients. Some of the staff, including management, talks about and makes fun of patients in areas where other patients can hear.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Staff is unprofessional, rude to patients and immature.
productive workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at the family clinic for the temporary front desk job I was hired for. I enjoyed the co-workers in the front office and I know many of the doctor's personally. The job was a faced paced one and required me to always be busy making phone calls with patients. The hardest part of the job was that at some moments i was need my office manager's permission to give information to a customer but she was always leaving work after she had been there for 4 hours and she would take 3 hour long lunch breaks!
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Office Manager was rarely on site
A Position that requires care and respect for the healthcare field
NCMA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2015
Family Care Partners is a rewarding job with excellent means of advancement. this company has been around for over thirty years and provides growth and development.
I learned the medical side of Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,flMay 20, 2015
Family Care Partners could be a good place to work at times. Very busy office. Which I enjoyed the Challenge. You may draw 40 patients in the first 31/2 hours of work. Management was hard ,you were often threaten to be written up. The Lab Manager is an aggressive demanding person. Often left felling upset.
Pros
I learned the medical part of phlebotomy
Cons
unstable atmosphere
quiet and mellow
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2015
hardest part of this job was not knowing if a patient problem was solved quire to their illness, will work for this company any day any time
Fun environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Argyle, FLApril 10, 2015
Great place to work. Comapny cared about employees. Team members were friends. Would work there again, great benefits
Just work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2015
Work work work
Manage medical information from health care providers, patients, and pharmacies. Handle preauthorization calls for upcoming surgeries, hospital admissions, imaging, therapy, and medicine. Enter all data into the EMR database.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work no breaks
Worst job i ever had...EVER
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Argyle Office Jacksonville FlOctober 14, 2014
I worked here a few months and I had to leave beacuse i was so unhappy. I loved my coworkers and patients. However the pay, management and providers i worked for were terrible. The manager sat in her office on her cellphone all day. The providers were extremely rude...almost verbally abusive to staff. I have worked in family practice for years prior to coming to FCP and i had never been belittled or disrespected the way i was there. I even asked a coworker at one point, "why does he hate me so much..i havent done anything wrong." Her answer to me was "it's because you are not scared of him." that was the first red flag.

Secondly, I was never given the proper tools to do my job correctly. (i.e. took two weeks to get a username and PW for EMR, no orientation and i never got a log on/pw for the lab ordering system) very disorganized and understaffed. No chain of command. As a nurse I was expected to report to an MA, because she had been there the longest.
Pros
close to home for me, weekends/holidays off
Cons
no lunch at times, hostile work enviroment, high turn over rate.
best place for book lover
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2014
You will meet awesome customers and learn a lot wether from being product knowledgable
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
high turn over rate
I enjoyed traveling to other offices.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 11, 2014
I would travel to off sites and draw blood at other offices. I enjoyed meeting the patients and establishing a relationship with them. I enjoyed helping my co workers if they asked. The hardest part of my job was working in a very strict environment.
Pros
i got to travel out to other office so i didn't have time to get caught up in office politics.
Cons
no breaks, fast turn over, not a great working enviroment
Could be a better Place to work, need better managment
clinic coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlJuly 11, 2014
I've been with this company for 7 years & learned a lot. Great coworkers. Management could be a lot better. Currently working in the call center for better hours, But very under staffed & over worked. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients & being able to improve their quality of life.
fc
Medical Assistant/front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2014
a large office, typical work day goes as long as 9pm. Management was undecisive and often critical. My co-workers were a great team. Hardest part of the job unstable hours and unorganization in the clinic
Great office for patients and employees
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2014
Awesome physician's to work with and for. Wonderful staff at the Argyle and Fleming Island locations.
great with patients, fast pace medical office
Front Desk, Call Center (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2014
learned how to verify insurances, refilling medication, dealing with upset patients, checking patients in & out, nice co-workers , treats you like family.
Good patients, unexperienced "leaders"
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NorthsideDecember 10, 2013
FCP has the potential to be a great organization, however there is no room for growth, benefits package not worth it, and the people they put in management positions at Northside have no leadership skills. Also team leaders don't handle conflict well and not good at resolving issues. They merely pass the buck to their subordinates. The patients were my enjoyment. It feels great to help people and meet their needs.
Pros
free lunch, kind patients
Cons
poor management, benefits & pay, disorganized
I loved what I did everyday for my patient's
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2013
I have had the opportunity to work at four different FCP locations. Every office was a little different in some way. A typical day at the Arlington and Dunn Avenue office was to bring all the computers up, make sure all the draw stations were stocked and ready for the day. Wipe down any area if needed. We always kept track of how many sticks we did for the day. We bagged and batched all samples. Sent samples out to quest, labcorp and consolidated.
I learned how to train new employees, order supplies, how to call the outside lab and add a test onto labs already drawn.
I also learned that just because a person is in a management position doesn't mean they belong in that position. One manager I had didn't like to deal with confrontation, so if there was a disagreement between two co-workers the situation was never dealt with.
FCP has a large turnover rate so I have worked with a lot of different people. The majority of them I truly adored. Some of them it was a little challenging at times to work with. You have those co-workers that want to come in and tell their live story everyday, what happened last night with so and so and why she was late today. Then you have the one's that come in to work and get the job done. I understand people who work together may not always see eye to eye or get along, but at the end of the day as long as the patient's have no idea, that's what matters, being professional.
The hardest part of my job was being told by management that if we ever needed to come to them for anything, to talk, if there were a problem, we could come to them. The problem with
  more... that was for whatever reason management had a problem with passing certain information on to other people. It may have been our co-workers or the doctors we worked for. The last office I was at in Fleming Island, I was always told what ever is said in the office stays in the office. Unfortunately that wasn't always the case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the awesome girls I worked with, and the patient's I'd grown to care for. It was really hard though when we would lose patient's being that I'd gotten to know so much about them. The relationship you develop with your patient's is something you don't forget, I know a couple time when I hadn't seen some in a while I would call and see if they were ok. I enjoyed knowing that my patient's knew that we were their if they needed us. Some would call and ask for us by name, that's what I loved about my job!
Pros
being told at the end of a work day, "thank you for your help" by dr. house makes the whole day worth it.
Cons
no breaks, no lunches on some days
Good place to work meet alot of people
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, flordiaOctober 13, 2013
The typical day at work was you come in and go to your work station and sign in to our computer and start calling patient who has checked in.

I learned a new computer system and how to look up medical records through E file.

Management was ok.

The hardest was some time counting the money and night and making sure everything balance.

The most enjoyable was working with the patients and making sure they were taking care of by the doctor.
Pros
free lunches

2.9