Family Care Employee Reviews in United States

Not a work environment that is preferred by many people.
Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GAMay 27, 2016
Phones ring off of the hook/ message are not delivered as they should be to the appropriate people/ very unhappy employees in the office and field with this job
Family Care is a Great Place to work
DSW (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAMay 19, 2016
I loved working at Family care. I loved the staff there. They worked as a team to get the job done to benefit their clients that they served.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short breaks
very poor management ,not enough training to be successful at your job.
Medical review nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2016
The management was probably one of the worse I have experienced. They give you very little training and then berate you if you have not done everything to their satisfaction. Just because you are a manager and it says so on a piece of paper doesn't make it true. I would rate the company as the worst star.
Pros
salaried
Cons
very poor mananagment
Nice
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  FairfeildApril 18, 2016
Very comfortable work working from a person home that you know its very easy keeping the house clean and preparing meals making sure they get there medicine on time an when they are needed.
I enjoy working with the individual that needs assistance with their everyday activities.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Whiting, WIApril 7, 2016
I carry out all activities or chores that the individual I work for needs. I help her with taxes, car problems, dish up food, cleaning, bed time needs, etc. It is a very rewarding job.
Okay
PCA (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed the work, I loved taking care of the elderly. Its not a hard job, they do expect you to do more than they want to pay you for though. I would not recommend them to anyone though because they do not give raises after ninety day. You can work yourself to death for them and they really could care less.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No raises
A pleasure
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIJanuary 14, 2016
Great department to work for. Changes are happening making it difficult to know what your job security will be. Overall, good place to work for.
Pros
Love the CEO, she is very pleasant
Cons
unknown
Loved working for this company
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  West Monroe LaDecember 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Family Care Services. The staff were very nice and easy to talk to. The clients were nice as well. very family oriented.
Caregiver
Caregiver for special needs individuals (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 30, 2015
I work with 4 to 5 clients a day. Caregivers takes care of kids with disabilities. so we help them go out into the community to better themselves and to work on independent goals. Ive learned that these kids/adults are smarter than what people think they are and that they really just want to spend time with other people. I really don't have coworkers its an individual base job. There are no hard parts about this job your just diving constantly. Evolving myself with the kids they are really fun to be around.
Pros
getting to know new people
Cons
Driving around constantly
Unorganized, never any work
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colonial HeightsSeptember 21, 2015
They change office employees a lot, and have been bought out twice, so every few years things drastically change without any communication. The office rarely has cases.
Really rewarding Job
Certified Nursing Assistant CBRF (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 11, 2015
This Job was very rewarding it has an everlasting impression in my life just to help those that couldn't help themselves and the felling of success was the best part.
Pros
Freedom to help with out boundaries
Cons
Healthcare atmosphere
Enjoy helping others with everyday life
IHSS Provider/ Child care provider (Former Employee) –  Corning, CAAugust 29, 2015
Assiting with daily ruteens,as well as keeping your client happy an motivated to keep moving an positve no matter the claints mood.
Pros
Giving back to those who need a helping hand
Cons
not perment/ no medical benefits
Laid back yet Very productive atmosphere
data entry position (Former Employee) –  Madison, WVAugust 2, 2015
I managed patient charts for lab-work and referrals from 3 different office sites, once I went in (the inbox) and submitted the results to the correct chart, I then put the chart in the correct provider's inbox for them to review. Once that task was complete I then faxed a request to many different provider's for the office notes on patients that a provider from Family Care referred the patient to.At 4 o'clock I would leave my office desk from upstairs , go downstairs and work the front desk there I would answer phones and check patients into see their provider. collect co-pay if applicable scan the insurance cards into the chart , then check the patient out and schedule the next appointment per provider's request.
With this[position] I learned that I can multi-task and learn new programs very quickly, the management team is very upbeat and makes sure that employees know their worth with the company, everyone is very close yet warms up to new hires like they've always been there.
The hardest part was trying to learn the programs in the short time frame ( 2 days), however I did pick up on it very quickly I was able to be on my own within those 2 days, working in an environment in which the management is always upbeat and smiling greets to each person with a hello in the morning and have a good evening.
Pros
paid training, lunch provided once a week
Cons
I was in a temporary position
a productive a family care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  cincinnati ohJuly 15, 2015
a topic day at family care. first check to make sure all my residents are safe. than escort them to meals began showers and never forget to document your your
Required
Parental Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2015
Cared for ill parent, coordinated services with providers, vitals, assessments, medication administration, daily visits, safety, hygiene, managed finances, housing, and auxiliary services.
It's fun place to work
Community volunteer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2015
my typical day at work is very enjoyable. I learn a lot by working there for example how to deal with different back ground people. the management is very sweet and caring people. my co-workers are nice people who had always helped me. I did not face any hard part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
enough break hours
patients
Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 17, 2015
I'm a people person, I enjoy working with people I feel that I'm easy to get along with. I also enjoy working with all the nurses and office staff.
Fun place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for family care for the short time i did. Employees were great and i always had a lot of work to keep me busy. the physicians and manager were all very nice and easy to get along with.
work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Provided home health services to patients under direction of clinical manager. Supervised LPNs and CNAs. pleasant work environment. requires flexibility in scheduling.
worked from home
Mother (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, MOFebruary 18, 2015
worked from home. it was fullfilling. I took care of my children, they were healthy and well cared for. They enjoyed Mom being with them all the time.