Family Care

Family Care Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for family care for the short time i did. Employees were great and i always had a lot of work to keep me busy. the physicians and manager were all very nice and easy to get along with.
work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Provided home health services to patients under direction of clinical manager. Supervised LPNs and CNAs. pleasant work environment. requires flexibility in scheduling.
worked from home
Mother (Former Employee), Brookfield, MOFebruary 18, 2015
worked from home. it was fullfilling. I took care of my children, they were healthy and well cared for. They enjoyed Mom being with them all the time.
Equipped me with character building and lifeskills
Caregiver (Former Employee), Vinita, OKFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: interacting with the children and teaching!
Cons: i did not feel there was any
. A daily job includes using time management skills to ensure childhood development in the children. Helped me to acquire the necessary problem solving, financial structure, and communication skills I needed.
Great taking care of family. You never know when you may need them.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: with family
Cons: family expects you to do it
Overall my family needed me at the time. I was very much interested in an Adult Residential Facility and decided to become certified and take care of my brother myself.
great place to work
Assist Elderly and disable (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 22, 2014
Pros: great conversations with the patients
Cons: no breaks
the best thing about working with the patients because you let them know there's still someone out here that care about there health
it was very negative place to work
Family Care Visiting Nurse (Former Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 6, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: managment
i would review time cards match up hours in the computer system so that the nurses and staff would get paid.
Care taker
Care taker (Former Employee), Atlanta, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: family time
Cons: losing a mother
During this time I started having children and stayed home to take care of them. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, then lung cancer, and finally brain cancer. So, I spent a lot of time taking care of my mother; transportation to doctor visits, pharmacies, house cleaning, and meal preparation. Along with raising three children of my own. In 2012 my mother took a turn for the worst and I was responsible for all funeral arrangements, and packing of her belongings.
Able to work with minimum supervision
Human Service Worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, contact with clients
Cons: some days no time for lunch because of work load.
There wasn't a typical day. Often I was in the community visiting clients in their home or in a facility such as a nursing home or assisted living facility.

In the office, I would review what needed to be accomplished that day as well as for the remainder of the week. I spent a great deal of time talking to clients regarding their needs or concerns.

The most difficult part of the job was time management. Often there were several issues with clients occurring at the same time. Has to prioritize which issue to address first.

The most enjoyable time was visiting my clients. It was a joy to listen to them talk about their past. Often I was the only person who they had contact with in that day.

I learned to be more patient and a better listener.
A relaxed environment, resident not mobile and doesnt leave the house.
Assist client with ADL (Former Employee), Richmond, VaOctober 8, 2014
Assist resident with daily living skills. Preparation of the clients meals and clean up after clients eat. Administer medication to the client and assist with bathing of the client.
Fun place co worker are supported
Case Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
Hardest part of the job was member ask for some thing and you was not able to give it because medicare or the county was not paying for it.
I enjoyed meeting the new people whenworking there.
Light housekeeping (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: the hours
Cons: no healthcare, and pay
Some light cleaning, conversation, and errands. I learned nothing really I just enjoyed talking with the people that I helped.
good
Medical Coder& Biller (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good work environments
Cons: always asking for discounts
very good place and people that provide opportunity to grow and learn more.
NANNY
Nanny (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 4, 2014
This is a great job for someone who like flexible hours and loves children.
Productive Workplace
Family Care (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2014
Maintained knowledge of current menu items, garnishes, ingredients and preparation methods.
Managed wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently. Consistently provided professional, friendly and engaging service.
workplace
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work will be arriving at my clients home and preparing her breakfast. cleaning her household, and bathing
Productive just needs to increse pay rate
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJuly 29, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: benefits and pay rates
A typical day working at family care, your not under supervision its self learned through basic training in becoming a CNA/ HHA. Working the home care field you get a little experience in things that you haven't learned in class and you would need to educate yourself knowing there isn't any managers looking over you back as you work. The enjoyable part of working for this company is working alone and not having to deal with co-workers who can't seem to get it right.
Love it, can't afford it!
Husband, Primary care giver, nurse (Current Employee), homeMay 8, 2014
Pros: being at home
Cons: no pay
I love being at home and taking care of my wife with chronic illness. My jobs were to assist in activities of daily living and monitor her health. I got to manage my own schedule with her input. I can no longer afford this option.
Regular schedule, low paying, good benefits
Temporary Caregiver (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAApril 29, 2014
Pros: regular schedule, good benefits
Cons: client can stop needing services and you can be without a job in an instant, not always the best environments.
Every day was basically a repeat. There were days that a few things were out of the ordinary, but mostly each client had their certain set schedule. I learned that people have their lifestyles the way they want them and aren't always comfortable with having to have a helper come into their lives.
flexible company
Home Health Aide/CAN (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2014
great company flexible excellent benefits good staff support room for advancement

1 2 3