Family Centered Services of Alaska Employee Reviews

Poor support of employees
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 14, 2017
Inadequate manager/employee communication; stressful work environment; low compensation for the amount of work/stress involved; Poor administration; low job security.
All problems start from the top, and management lacks self-awareness
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKAugust 12, 2017
If you are a clinician, more than half of the time you'll find yourself reporting to someone less qualified than you are. Management have little understanding of what it takes to perform quality mental health services; and are more concerned with the "bottom line" than kids' wellness. There are more billing staff members than clinicians. Decisions are made at whim. Multiple times, I was asked to stop seeing kids and families with less than a week's notice and no transition to the next therapist. On more than one occasion, I was asked to do things I felt were outside of my professional ethics. Yet, there is a deep fear of being audited; so all Quality Assurance efforts go towards meeting documentation standards (not providing quality services). Therapists do not last long in their outpatient services. Professionally, I will never refer a kid to this company.
Only positive is that clinical staff really do try to support one another. That, and my work with the kids, was my only takeaway from this job.
Stressful
NON-LICENSED CLINICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKAugust 11, 2017
The work we did with kids was good, but the stress level was high and management was tough on billing. They did not care if you were over worked, they wanted it all done now. I spent many hours there that I was not paid for as a salary employee in order to complete my job.
nice atmosphere
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 16, 2017
The people that you work with all have the same goal in mind and that is the overall mental health of the client and trying to help them achieve the best abilities they can achieve.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Limited income and high deductible insurance
School based work. Was great to still be in high school and get offered a job by the school I went to.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 3, 2017
Went and clocked in got right to work. Everyone was still in high school or middle school. They seemed to give everyone an easy job that they enjoyed. I definitely enjoyed working there.
Pros
Very flexible. Free breakfast and lunch.
mowing lawns
Mowing Crew (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 31, 2017
it was ok some days were hot some days was not easy but i get throughthe day when I'm working hard I'm a hard worker i stay focus i don't bother anyone while i work. I stay focused i do my job
Great feeling
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKOctober 26, 2015
You get a great feeling when you get through to a child that is in crisis mode and you can bring them to a calm outcome. You involve the child in teaching them coping skills.
Rewarding
Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 4, 2013
A typical day a work would include, but was not limited to case management, direct services, community services, and follow up of clients, making home visits, and doing community based activities with clients. I learned so much working for this organization, one thing that comes to mind is endurance. The management is Awesome, and my co-workers, was just as joyful, and pleasant to work with, it was truly a team. The hardest part of the job, was witnessing displacement of one or all minor's in a family, because of hardship, while the most enjoyable part of the job was reunification of families.
Enjoyed working there
Individual Therapist, ATOP (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 27, 2012
I thought FCSA was a great place to work. The supervisors and staff were great to work with and was very supportive. People were friendly, the environment was casual but professional, and I did not mind going to work every day.
Great Place to Work!
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Delta Junction, AKMarch 16, 2012
Family Centered Services of Alaska is just that. A very family orientated workplace. Not only for their clients but for their employees. The management of FCSA bend over backwards to give you what you need, whether it be time off for a family related event or just a shift change for an appointment. Thought the insurance is not the best but the retirement plan you get after you have been there for a year is great. This is a fantastic place to work. They really make a difference in kids lives!