Family Central Employee Reviews

Productive workplace for the community
Nurturing Coach (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2017
A typical day at worked varied, from day to day. which involved visiting clients in their homes. Giving lessons and making observations, on how the client would respond to the lesson and make reports. Each member of the family had a role to play, and we would apply positive nurturing council to each member. I learned to interact with all sorts of behaviors.it was hard work, but enjoyable. The object was to give a good direction to them, especially in troubling family situations, that there seemed to be no solution. Seeing the families united and seeing them improve their situations was an enjoyable part of my day.
Our team leaders weren't just that, but also part of the team. The work load was divided evenly. there were moments when there was just too much work, but we got by it. it helped me to see that with hard work and determination anything can get accomplished.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Traffic during home visits
Targeting an mental health issue in the famil
Promoted to Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  N Lauderdale, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Postion to assist and sign up people for a particular schooling for their children. This also included targeting an mental health issue in the family, then properly assit them in their recovery.
Pros
Dedicated professionals
Cons
Change in management (vice-president relocated to miami)
able to work with family that are in need
Receptionist/File Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2016
I have the privilege to gain a lot of knowledge about how to help and work with kids. Also have the privileged to gain access to a lot of resources that are beneficial to keep family together
Pros
good vacation
Cons
bad customer service
A great place to work
Data Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLJune 28, 2016
They were the meaning of "FAMILY." This was one job I didn't mind going to on a daily basis. Hopefully, in the future, they will re-consider re-opening.
Cons
Understands family life and the emergencies that may occur
Slot Management and Payment Technician (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2016
Assisting any and all childcare providers requesting assistance in explanation of payment benefits was very rewarding. ensuring all information for payment request is correct and processing is completed in a timely manner. My tenure at Family Central, Inc. has taught me the value and satisfaction of team work and the importance of diversity. The managers I have worked closely with, were very helpful, fair and understanding and also open to suggestion from their staff. My co-workers were like family. We had each others back at all times and would be willing to help if needed. The hardest part of my job was at the end of my employment with Family Central, Inc. I was losing my work family and a job I loved very much. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of knowing you were helping hundreds of providers on a daily basis, whether it be with information to make their business more manageable or how to better respond to children in their care.
Pros
great vacation and health benefits
Cons
limited room to grow profesionally
not stable
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLApril 8, 2016
The worst part of Family Central is it's management or lack there of. Poor decision making
Inconsistent
Unprofessional
non-productive
unorganized

Some employees work so hard and others do nothing
benefits
Cons
low salaries, horrible management
Great Agency that does alot for the community
Resource and Referral Counselor (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2015
Great agency to work for that does a lot for the community. The pay was fair and the benefits were great. Can be stressful at time but the good out ways the negatives in that your work helps people. Truly a family organization that care for the community.
Rewarding
Family Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLOctober 14, 2013
A typical day of work is providing counseling (parenting sessions), attending court hearing and supervising visits with parents and their children who are in the care of the state. I learn how difficult substance abuse is a sickness which is difficult to over come. My co-workers are a team who I can call on when in need for advice and who I can count on when I need them to cover an appointment. The hardest parent of my job is supervising a visit between a parent and thier child for an hour and having to end the visit, taking the child away from his/her parent. However the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a parent overcome their substance abuse issues and being reunified with their child/children
Pros
Flexable work days
Cons
technology, laptops that do not work well for field work, network always breaking down
Counseling and Advising in a Social Environment
Resource & Referral Counselor (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLJuly 5, 2013
Check emails and voicemails, update clients cases far as address, employer, contact number. Answer live calls to screen parents for financial assistance or generate a list of childcare providers within Broward county. Educate parents on the quality of childcare, provide informative literature. If parents need additional resources in the community, I would provide the necessary information and directions that would help the parent and their family. The work environment is very social constant interactions with clients, co-workers and management. At times management tried to hard to micro-manage and had favoritism. That become a distraction to the positive energy in the workplace. However the co-workers lifted spirits up as each worker came from different walks of life.
Pros
Additional Holidays
Cons
Short Lunch breaks
Non profit organization
Front Desk Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 23, 2013
Good company to work for, only bad thing is that they do not consider room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Need to provide employees room for advancement
Family Central
CARE parent counselor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 28, 2012
Do not work for this company if you looking for advancement. They lie to CSC to keep the contracts by rigging the files. This is a very ghetto environment of young minority women competing with each other.
Pros
employs minorities that do not have to be educated
Cons
no breaks, management out for themselves
A well rounded organization
Parent Counselor-Resource & Referral (R&R) (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 29, 2012
Ethnically diverse workplace that prioritize the educational well being of children.
Pros
mutifaceted as it relates to custome service
Cons
non-profit organization