Family Christian

Family Christian Employee Reviews

One of the best Jobs I've ever had
Sales Associate/Closing Manager (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILMay 26, 2015
I had a great experience here. The Job is all about what you make it to be. If you go in with a bad attitude then your experience is going to be terrible. I had a great feeling about this Job and I gained a lot of Good customer service experience.
Fun Christian based work environment
Customer Experience Enhance Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2015
Good company, no where to grow, co-workers are very interesting. Management is great, very flexible to work with your schedule
Its great place to work at for extra cash
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: the atmoshpere is peaceful
Cons: no benefits, not many hours
My typical day at work would be coming to close The manager gives me the criteria for the day. I start my work shift. Management is great they are helpful, kind, and pleasant co-workers are the same way. There is really nothing hard about the job. Most enjoyable is seeing the customer face when you have met every need in the store.
Fast pased
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great discount
Cons: Retail. Work nights and weekends
Getting product out on the floor is a must. Balancing customer service and stocking. Know what is the most important task of the day. Meet the customers needs
Christian Organization
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: being in a christian enviorment
I would arrive at 8am and prep front and back room for inventory.

What i learned: Inventory management

Management: Was amazing I learned so much.

Co-workers: all a pleasure to work with.

Hardest part: N/A

Most enjoyable part: Learning and advancing in the work place.
Sell or be fired
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 28, 2015
There is a reason this company is now in bankruptcy. They do not live up to one word in their name- Christian. They enforced severe sales goals and quotas on employees.
Good environment with interesting guests.
General Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: christian environment
Cons: high turnover in district manager position
Enjoyable workplace with great customer interaction. Diversified product made for diversity in customers. Lots of different things to do kept job interesting on most days.
A nice quiet place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 25, 2015
In this Job I helped customers feel at home and at ease. I also did sales to meet certain sale goals that was required to succeed in this company...
I feel deceived..
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Canton, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: cool deals, awesome ministry opportunities, can be fun to work there at times
Cons: money being priority, customers who think we exist to only serve them, district managers acting like bullies
I want to start off by saying that I know that all jobs have their flaws. What I am about to share is a personal perception of what I've been through while working for this company.. I believe it is important for future employees and also current employees to be aware of a few things!

Prior to starting at FC, I had another company offering me a job at the same time FC was pursuing me. I was lead to believe that I would be entering an atmosphere of true Christian fellowship and also allotted the hours I requested I needed before being hired. So much truth was kept from me prior to being hired, but the person who was doing my interviews truly convinced me that Family Christian was the place to partake in amazing Godly work.

My first month or two with FC was amazing. My hours were not given to me as promised, but I kept being told that this would change. I truly felt like I was working for a ministry and that my co-workers, including my manager were all wanting to make an impact on those we served. I was told prior to being hired that I would need to promote a program called iDisciple but that my job would not be threatened if I had a hard time getting customers to partner. I soon found out that this was a lie.

Family Christian has the potential to be a wonderful organization that can touch the lives of many people. iDisciple also has enormous potential. Here is where my dilemma started to unfold.. I'm constantly being pressured. My hours have been cut dramatically even though I do manage to get folks to partner with ID. Every time I turn around our DM is sending yet another – more... email of his displeasure. Either our customers are not happy or our ID's are low or we need more imprints. It just seems like this gentleman is never satisfied. It burdens me an employee and I've noticed a major change in our store over the past few months. I feel like we are not being lifted up, but rather we are being constantly reminded of all the things we are doing wrong.

I also have to admit that the customers I have met while working at a Christian store have been more rude, selfish, and demanding than any other retail job I've worked for. There are times where I am the only person in the front of the store. I just answer the phones, assist customers in the store, and pump out imprints in a timely manner. Some customers want me to be their personal shopper and when I'm working solo I cannot do these things. I do my very best to be as kind as I possibly can to our valued customers, but I feel like I'm being judged poorly on a daily basis.

I want to be able to come in and do my job without being harassed about nagging people to donate more money. They are already spending a lot of money by paying the prices they do for our products. I feel horrible badgering them at the cash wrap about a program that doesn't fully devote all its funds to our ministries to begin with. Granted, I love the new spin that helps our military soldiers to receive ID for a year free. I think that is awesome. I just pray that what is being promised is actually being delivered. Especially since what I was promised was not delivered to me.

To me, this company has lost focus. I know money is a necessity, but I feel like our store has fallen into the same secular ideas that other stores are ran by. We have the chance to make a beautiful place for our customers to come spend time with God AND shop. All you head honchos out there.. BACK OFF! Start showing your employees you appreciate them and start training us up to be Godly servants of the Lord. Take the dollar signs out of your eyes and get back to basics. Unless something changes, family Christian will become just like every other store. Take a look around.. you are punishing your hard workers, horribly traumatizing their paychecks, and breaking spirits. In case you didn't know this.. your negative actions on us spill over on to the customers. It's not easy dealing with these folks.. help us feel strong and prepared to give them all we can. It's simple really. WAKE UP!

As I said above, I feel deceived. My store needs a revival. Immediately. Dear Lord, please hear my plea for You to restore and heal us! Amen. – less
Loving place
Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee), Canton, MIFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: n/a
• Analyzed customer surveys daily
• Imprinted bibles, gift books, hymnals, et. al.
• Maintained and performed variance analysis for sales goals on daily basis
• Prepared for executive visits (Supervisor in absence of Management)
• Assisted in hiring, training, coaching, and scheduling of employees
• Performed basic functions with MS Excel
• Received inventory
A inspirational place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austell GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: very flexible schedule.
Cons: not much hours.
Performing Clerical duties, acknowledging the client’s needs to provide specific products to satisfied the client and at the same time increase the sales. Greeting and promoting new products.
All day so much to do with fun people by your side
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: surrounded by great people
Cons: no health benefits, or pto
So many different people go with problems looking for answers, we have to be up to date on all the information and guide them the right way, they way they need to go. I love being able to help people with their everyday needs and see how they better themselves. It's not just the product you're selling but the person who needs it.
Pleasant environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 10, 2015
Helped customers who need comfort for themselves or others. I enjoyed helping people and putting away merchandise. I liked working with my co-workers.
Good Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Augusta GeorgiaFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good working environment, solid steady employment. steady paycheck
Cons: not any
I managed the store. I answered to the District Manager. I hired and fired employees of the store. I had a staff between 8-15 people depending on the time of year. It was a fun experience. I handled merchandising, differing personalities on staff, organization, delegation of duties, deposits and paperwork. I only left because of a family emergency in Pittsburgh that required me moving back for a time.
Fun place
Sales Representative/Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 19, 2015
A great working atmosphere to help you get through your day. Its more than just a paycheck, its like working with family.
Quiet place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: quotas are difficult to meet depending on shift worked
Family Christian store was a good place to work, however there was a quota required and sometimes it was difficult to meet. I enjoyed interacting with customers and assisting them with their needs. The people I worked with were very friendly and I felt a strong sense of team effort.
Amazing workplace
Sales Floor Lead (Current Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 2, 2015
Have moved up in the company very quickly, management is very helpful, friendly co workers make getting comfortable very easy, customers are super nice, company is very caring, two locations to choose from in the area.
Family Christian store
Customer Service/Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, WINovember 17, 2014
I never would have left this job had I not moved out of the area. There are not enough good words to say about the overall of this job. It was fun, uplifting, organized, and well structured.
Good company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: no benefits, cut of hours
Good company, it is just not the right fit to move up within the company. Also the pay is not more than minimum, and with the hours being cut there isn't much hope for a stable career.
An engaging atmoshere. Lots of interaction with great guests daily.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DC marketOctober 21, 2014
Pros: healthy atmosphere.
We are here to serve the public. My main focus is to give 100% of myself and my staff to ensure all of your needs are met. We focus on customer service as our #1 responsibility. We are responsible for helping our guests grow in their faith and be able to share their faith.

1 2 3 4 5

About Family Christian

Millions of customers each year find spiritual refreshment at Family Christian. Whether it’s via a catalog, in a store or – Read more

Family Christian Salaries

$8.15 per hour
Inventory Control Specialist
$9.00 per hour

Family Christian Photos

Working at the Family Christian Store in Fair Oaks Mall.