FAMILY DENTISTRY

FAMILY DENTISTRY Employer Reviews

Very good
Office Manager/Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 4, 2014
All office procedure front and chair-side Loved all aspects of my job.
front desk was very helpful with scheduling patiients and great with coordinating appt times
My Dentist (Former Employee), pensacola bch road gulf breeze flMay 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no job stability
I worked at family dentistry for four years very happily great place lots of extra perks free lunch dentist very generous lots of gifts and extra prizes from him liked it very much until all the staff changed it was very different environment and i felt it was time to move on because of that reason.
Production and Daily work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Hyden, KYMay 12, 2014
Pros: good hours and free lunches
Cons: no insurance or full time benefits
Enjoyed being hands on with the Doctor and seeing patient
Loved to have been Certified so I could do more
productive place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2014
Pros: bonus at holiday time
great boss to work for. offered good pay and weekends off also discount services.
Poor Place of Employment
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 28, 2014
I loved the job, but I didn't appreciate the management. The employees (including dentist) weren't getting paid the wages earned weekly.
Fun and productive practice
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Collierville, TNApril 13, 2014
Great practice!

I have worked on and off at this practice since 2006. I have filled in for assistants that have been sick, gone on maternity leave, and gone on summer vacations.

In a typical day I would sterlize instruments, seat patients and update medical history, set-up rooms, assist with procedures, and make progress notes from the procedure.

The – more... most enjoyable parts of this job were the clients and the staff at this practice. – less
Productive and fun
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMarch 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: 32 hour work week
It is a great dental office to work in. Great Dentist, great staff.
Family like workplace
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 27, 2014
When I come in to work there is always coffee and something to eat. The work pace is suitable for me. The hardest part is when I have to leave. I love my work!
Exciting experience, but wrong place, wrong time...
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: seeing new faces each day!
Cons: no benefits!
I worked at the Family Dentistry for 4 months now. I recently got my hours cut due to family friend coming back from college and taking her previous place back as front receptionist. I was bummed, but saw it as a learning experience to find a better job that will better me in every way possible. I look forward to working there no matter how stressful – more... it may get. I like keeping busy to stay productive. I have learned a lot from working at the dental office.

I learned to file charts, schedule patients, write birthday cards, 6 month recall cards, sympathy cards, thank you cards, and mail them all out to the correct patients. Also, I've learned to write prescriptions and how to properly greet the patients.

Working with other employees was great, but there was a slight complication when it came to critiquing our mistakes with each other. Sometimes it's hard to point out someone's flaws without hurting their feelings. Overall, I enjoy working and getting along with my co-workers – less
Interesting
Front Desk Receptionist/ Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2014
Interesting environment where you get to see new things daily.
productive
was fine
clean
learned a lot
hours were good
Productive work place and a healthy work environment with wonderful patients and staff
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Corona, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: no place for advancement
Typical day at work would be getting the instruments and rooms ready for the procedures. Making sure that the instruments and supplies are replenished and sterilized. I have learned many great qualities from working with wonderful staff and patients. Seeing patients in pain and discomfort is one of the hardest parts of the job. I enjoy making people – more... comfortable and help lower their anxiety through therapeutic communication. – less
long days
Extern (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: the secretary
Cons: the doctor
Learned a lot. Loved the secretary. the co workers were great. Enjoyable part was the kids.
Wounderful dental office
Intern (Former Employee), Pulaski, TNJanuary 13, 2014
The dental team works all together! I loved see the people leave with a smile on there face!
Small private office, fun and energetic
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good pay, weekends off, patients loved me
Cons: only person up front, stressing but managable
A typical day at the office was arrive there early. open up the facility, organize the waiting room. Check for daily mail. Check telephone calls, prepare files for patients coming in. Prepare insurance claims for new patients, run the computer systems, clean the front office, My time working with the Dr. I learned that I have more talent as a receptionist – more... then back office. I learned a lot of insurance benefits, pros and cons. Interacted with a lot and different types of people. My co worker came in 1 month after I was hired I tought her the functions of the front and some back office. the hardest part of the job was when dr. adeli would have me do xrays for children. they are very difficult but fun to deal with when you approach them the correct and gentle way. the most enjoyable part of the job was to make and receive phone calls. greets patients, have short conversations with them, get to know them, have them like me so they looked forward on returning again. – less
Dental Office
Dental Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee), Alameda, CADecember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no room for growth
I loved my manager. She was great but sometimes there is no time to eat lunch.
Fast pace and very busy
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 25, 2013
We dealt with a lot of patients on a daily basis. I had to do cleanings, x rays, impressions, answer phones, verify insurances, type documents, order supplies and assist the dentist. Management was not the best. It was rather hectic and confusing. My and my co-works worked as a team.
was basically a slow patient flow office
Billing and Insurance specialist (Former Employee), Covington, GANovember 5, 2013
Office was open to the patients Tuesday-Friday. Monday was our admin day where we did filing and verified dental coverage for the patients scheduled for the week.
A great place to work and safe too.
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 11, 2013
Pros: the owner daughter worked as a bengals cheerleader.
Cons: everyone was not easy to deal with.
I answer phones as they ring immediately when you walk in even before the business hours. I start the paper work to make new files that consist of coding and billing as well I sit behind a desk in a clean work area. I have to get up and sit re-sit down a lot because I have regain files and put them away. I get a clients name I mark that she or he arrived – more... and that their information has been updated and is current so that everyone can get paid and she or he can get there correct services done. I grab their charts from the file shelf if they are a new client then I just simply get their information and make them a new chart. I have to make sure the charts are color coded right and placed in the necessary place in order for my colleges to find them when I am at lunch or off work that day. I learned a lot from Family Dentistry I had an excellent stay with them. Management was great and open with us and wanted us to be as comfortable as possible. My co-worker she was great it was a very big office so it was only the 2 of us in front working. The hardest part of the job for me was probably opening up to a bunch of strangers. the most enjoyable part of the job was lunch. – less
productive
Office Janitor (Current Employee), Martinez CaOctober 9, 2013
Do everything on time,get there early, find extra things to do

1 2 3