FAMILY DENTISTRY Employee Reviews

A place that gave many opportunities to practice different areas of bent a dental assistant and had a very friendly environment.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work was very organized and busy all the time I got everything in place to set up the room fast and very clean for every patient . This job taught me many thing like making the number one priority be the patient's comfort and also taught me that to be a good dental assistant, getting to know the way the dentist likes to get a job done is key to assisting him or her. The management was strict on the job but was very understanding towards ones personal problems or needs. The culture of the job was very kind. Everyone respected each other and everyone was always put into consideration before making any choices or decisions. To me the hardest part of the job Was truly in the beginning when I didn't know where to find the materials; it was a big clinic but with time it was easy to find every thing .The part that I really enjoyed was working in any dental procedure because that's what I really liked to do.
Pros
Evry year the company provided a cruise vacation and a nice Christmas party with nice gift
Cons
On really butts days I wouldn't have all the of my lunchtime to finish eating.
Great learning experience office
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHAugust 11, 2017
This office is a great place to lean skills and be trained at, the staff is great and is ran very well. The teamwork there is great and we all work together to make our patients happy.
Pros
Great learning and great staff
Cons
No lunch break
Great group
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 10, 2017
It has been a while since I have worked for this company. They are a fun group and the owner truly cares for your well being. Perfect for someone right out of school.
Original practice was good
Registered Dental Hygienist/Hygiene Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYJuly 31, 2017
Most days were pleasant. The clinical staff was very educated and skillful. We had a lot of fun while delivering great patient care. I took a lot of pride in referring to the associate doctors. The office is clean. The in office politics, inner office relationships and corporate buy out sadly changed the dynamics of the practice.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
office politics/management
Very nice place to work at
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 29, 2017
Patients are mostly Hispanic so it is a plus to speak Spanish, doctors and hygienists are very nice, it is a private office, management is good and you get time to do your work.
Pros
relaxed environment, nice co-workers
Cons
no benefits (at least for part-time)
Stressful
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45249July 27, 2017
I am a hard worker and have been at my current position for the last 15 years and have recently decided that it is time for something new and would love a new challange
Great staff, Fun atmosphere
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 24, 2017
Family Dentistry is a fun, fast paced work environment. The staff is great to work with, and the Doctors are wonderful. The doctors are always looking out for the patients best interest.
Great place to work for experience
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  581 foster city blvd. Foster city, ca 94404July 21, 2017
it is a great place to work if you need experience and knowledge about dentistry, the people are great and doctors and assistant are super nice. the manager is awesome.
Fun and productive work environment
Four-Handed Chairside Assisting (Former Employee) –  Washington Heights, NYJuly 17, 2017
I completed my 300+ internship hours at this office. I learned to take digital x-rays and participated in numerous chair-side assisting procedures. It was both a fun and rewarding career experience for me.
Not impressed, at all
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2017
Family Dentistry is where I had my intern program for dental school. It was very chaotic and unorganized. Very small office. Only one doctor, hygienist, dental assistant, and office manager. Doctor seemed to be very checked out. Didn't want to be involved with much aside from treating the patients. Doctor's husband was very unprofessional. Came in weekly causing an uproar by harassing the employees, verbally abusing them, yelling and hollering, and even went as far as sharing their personal information (such as salary), with other employees in the office. Made it very uneasy and uncomfortable to work here. I went home almost on a daily basis in tears.
Cons
Harsh, unprofessional environment
Dental assitant
Dr. Francis Rene Family Dentist (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 26, 2017
this was my first dental assistant job I learned a lot from here but Dr. Rene has passed away but was a excellent dentist and the staff is great. glad I was able to be a part of the team while I was there
good working enviroment and wonderful people
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 22, 2017
The boss was an incredible human who understood that life doesn't always go as planned. The people working there were so welcoming, never had a bad experience while working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long commute
Excelent
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJune 19, 2017
Great Company to work for, I have the opportunity to learn a lot and grow in my field, they give me the time to be creative in my productivity, I will always be grateful.
Good Job
IT Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAJune 17, 2017
I was on-call for It Services at this dentistry. The job payed well and they were flexible with hours. When they had a problem, they did not need me to come immediately most of the time, they could wait until night or another day.
I was there for an externship.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 15, 2017
Great place to work the workers and the dentist were nice to be around. I would be on my feet quit a bit I enjoyed what I did. The hardest part of the job was suctioning. I really enjoyed assisting the dentist during extractions.
Good environment
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJune 12, 2017
Diversity
Great location
A reliable job
Flexible
Good hours and work week
Manager is awesome understandable
Good coworker
Kid approval
Pros
Overall awesome
Cons
Days of work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 8, 2017
Schedule Appointments, Check Patients in and out, Translate for patients and dentist, Collect co-pays, Scan, Fax, and Emails, Speak to patients about their concerns
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
unethical
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 30, 2017
I started at this company with excitement to learn new things and further my knowledge. I was disappointing when i slowly found out that this company does not treat there patients or employees right. It is not an ethically run company.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2017
I started off with this company right after High School. It was really fun to work there. As a staff we were kind of like a family. We had lunch gossip about random things during lunch break, The office was smooth to operate. Neat and tidy. Every staff knew their part for duties which really brought things together without any doubts.
Pros
Smooth and friendly operation.
Cons
I can't really give an opinion. I got the job right after high school. It was my first.
Long work hours with little pay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 23, 2017
Unprofessional not a stable job to have maybe something to get you by until something better comes along. Co - workers were friendly but they also didn't stay long.