Pay your employees
LSI Paralegal, It's Pennsylvania - June 2, 2015
Good purpose and all the liberal "feel good stuff" but...they severely neglect their employees. Here's a quick list of ways they do this.
1. They have evaluations with no outcomes (excellent review = no raise, no bonus, no card, no chocolates and not even a pat on the back).
2. No pay increases, at all. Yep, that's what I said.
3. If a county office closes early for Christmas (any holiday or most other reasons) you are forced to use your personal time or make up that time through the week. If it's a Friday, you're out PTO.
4. If a office is off for a holiday (like Good Friday this year) that Family Design Resources doesn't observe you have to fill out a Work Log and then work from home. Which is fine but if your sick, your kids are sick, the roads are bad in the winter, then you're simply up tough-stuff creek and have to us more PTO.
5. They pile training upon training on you and then notify your county about the "new work tasks" you are now able and required to perform...adding more to your already piled up plate (trust me, it's A LOT) and like I said before, you get NOTHING in return.
6. It's hard enough to do all of the work, all of the trainings, add on new tasks on a monthly basis and then...record all of your work in multiple ways through multiple programs just so they can justify your position. Show them you're busting your behind and enter an astronomical amount of tasks you performed and then wait to be compensated accordingly for it, and wait, and wait, see a pattern forming?
7. I lied, we were supposed to get a 3% Cost of Living increase last year and didn't. There is not a foreseeable one for this year either.
8. There is so much money wasted in this company that could be used to ensure their employee's/their family's futures it is sickening.
TAKE CARE OF THE EMPLOYEES WHO TAKE CARE OF YOUR COMPANY!