Family Development Services Employee Reviews in United States

Family Child Educator
Family Child Educator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
This is one of the worst companies you could ever work for. While the pay is good, the stress of the job is not. The supervisors are absolutely terrible and will not stand up for their employees. Supervisors do not treat employees fairly at all. Ratio is never maintained unless a federal visit or licensing visit is taking place. Supervisors also break confidentiality of employees often but then will point the blame to employees. I suggest if you are applying for a job here you join the union. That is your only hope at having any support when the supervisor writes you up for something absurd.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
No breaks, high insurance cost, unprofessional staff and supervisors, too many children in a classroom, overworked.
Fast Paced Environment
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2015
I enjoyed working there. You must have a strong desire to work with children if you are interested in working there. My only problem is that I did not have enough time with my own children once I got off work.
awesome teacher
assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2015
my daily duties consist of being available to the children. I helped with preparing meals and taking count for;reading to the children; having circle time; playing different games and having activities set out for the children to be engaged with; greeting parent and providing resources to those in need; having home conferences and inputting child's progress into computer to be emailed to parent; assist on bus if needed; clean room and assist with lesson plans. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a friend to the children and seeing a smile on their face when they came to school knowing they were going to have a safe and fun time.
A agency that gives services to low income families
Secretary/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2013
As part of our organization’s name, the word “family” signifies the important role parents and caregivers play in their child’s development. We believe that parents are a child’s first and best teacher. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the parents and children and interacting with each of them in some way. I have alot of outgoing co-workers that really care about the well-being and the knowledge of the young children.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
healthcare
Awful Management
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is hanging out with the kids and helping families. Management says that's what it's all about....but make policies that show you that's not the case. You are micromanaged, given no support, and treated like you have no idea what you're doing, even if you are a professional with a ton of experience. Most of the coworkers are great, most of the upper management is not. "Training" is basically just sitting down everyone to tell you that you all do a horrible job and to tell you how to do things from now on, except that management has no idea how things actually work and their suggestions are ridiculous and unrealistic. No freedom or creativity involved. Definitely not allowed to speak your mind or ask questions.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
awful management, health insurance outrageously priced, no support, awful company culture
Great place to work if you enjoy children learning new and exciting things.
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the children in my class. I enjoy the team work of my co-workers and the way that we all work together to accomplish our daily goals.
Pros
free lunch, all federal holidays off with pay.
Cons
insurance is too high for a family, no more unemployment in the summer during our lay off period, not enough sick time.
It is fun teaching children and watching, knowing they are learning!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2013
Work is fun everyday! The children come in tired but after breakfast they perk up. They love playing in the Dramatic Play (house keeping area with me.) We play house, read books, count, learn alphabets, numbers, name writing, name recognition, and science, social studies, math, and some English.
Pros
the meals are fun, the kids are great.
Cons
administrations is not fare.
Slavery/Unorganized Agency
Delivery Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2014
The Agency Did not believe in advancement. They change peoples titles and make them salary, and work them like slaves. They will not give appreciation to their employees and will always talk down to them. Please do not fall for their first impressions.
Pros
enjoying the children, and trying to better thier situation.
Cons
the agency treats you like dirt.
Family based and Educational Support
Center Secretary (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2014
I typical day at work as Center Secretary was very basic and second nature to me. Assist families, staff, and the community with various task, completing applications for enrollment, answering phones, assisting/directing families to the proper location. I've learned how to several utilize several accuracy web base tools. PROMIS entering in attendance, Brigance Screening, and Home Visit. I also learned how to purchased supplies need for the agency using EReq system. Although I've had several different mangers while employed with Family Development Services, upper manager lack encouraging support in training new employees once placed in the position outside of new hire and annually training that are move quickly. Co-worker were support and helpful at times. The hardest part of my job was being transferred to different locations after building report with families, co-works, and students. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing lives being changed and helping the children learn positive behavioral with positive actions.
Pros
nice pay with benefits, paid holidays and vacations.
Cons
not a lot of manger support, lack of proper communication

2.7