Family Development Services

Family Development Services Employer Reviews

Family based and Educational Support
Center Secretary (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2014
Pros: nice pay with benefits, paid holidays and vacations.
Cons: not a lot of manger support, lack of proper communication
I typical day at work as Center Secretary was very basic and second nature to me. Assist families, staff, and the community with various task, completing applications for enrollment, answering phones, assisting/directing families to the proper location. I've learned how to several utilize several accuracy web base tools. PROMIS entering in attendance, – more... Brigance Screening, and Home Visit. I also learned how to purchased supplies need for the agency using EReq system. Although I've had several different mangers while employed with Family Development Services, upper manager lack encouraging support in training new employees once placed in the position outside of new hire and annually training that are move quickly. Co-worker were support and helpful at times. The hardest part of my job was being transferred to different locations after building report with families, co-works, and students. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing lives being changed and helping the children learn positive behavioral with positive actions. – less
Slavery/Unorganized Agency
Delivery Services (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: enjoying the children, and trying to better thier situation.
Cons: the agency treats you like dirt.
The Agency Did not believe in advancement. They change peoples titles and make them salary, and work them like slaves. They will not give appreciation to their employees and will always talk down to them. Please do not fall for their first impressions.
A agency that gives services to low income families
Secretary/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2013
Pros: annual bonus
Cons: healthcare
As part of our organization’s name, the word “family” signifies the important role parents and caregivers play in their child’s development. We believe that parents are a child’s first and best teacher. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the parents and children and interacting with each of them in some way. I have alot of outgoing co-workers – more... that really care about the well-being and the knowledge of the young children. – less
It is fun teaching children and watching, knowing they are learning!
Teacher (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2013
Pros: the meals are fun, the kids are great.
Cons: administrations is not fare.
Work is fun everyday! The children come in tired but after breakfast they perk up. They love playing in the Dramatic Play (house keeping area with me.) We play house, read books, count, learn alphabets, numbers, name writing, name recognition, and science, social studies, math, and some English.
Great place to work if you enjoy children learning new and exciting things.
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch, all federal holidays off with pay.
Cons: insurance is too high for a family, no more unemployment in the summer during our lay off period, not enough sick time.
The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the children in my class. I enjoy the team work of my co-workers and the way that we all work together to accomplish our daily goals.

About Family Development Services

Children are at the core of Family Development Services. Formed in 1996 and headquartered in Indianapolis, we are an early childhood – Read more